Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

Hey! Wait a minute... how did this happen??? We aren't supposed to be in the parks until Wednesday.

Nothing like finding out you're done at noon on Monday and there are discounted tickets available for use after 2pm!

It will be back to business all day tomorrow for me though.

Hey! Wait a minute... how did this happen??? We aren't supposed to be in the parks until Wednesday.

Nothing like finding out you're done at noon on Monday and there are discounted tickets available for use after 2pm!

It will be back to business all day tomorrow for me though.

Yaaayyy!! great picture too!

Is it really a good picture or are you all just giving me crap? I haven't seen it on anything bigger than my phone screen. If it isn't blurry it is probably the best castle picture I've ever taken!

Sarah, sorry I missed you. Although I believe I might have had one Diser sighting on Main Street but I was trying to hold down our territory before the parade and unable to try to get closer.

Today DW and DD had fun at Sea World. I spent all day in meetings. It was an interesting experience getting to be one of 14 people representing the state of Indiana in a meeting to set Farm Bureau policy for the national organization. The meeting concluded with the election of our new national president. Unfortunately, the candidate from Indiana didn't win, but it was a close vote and a hard fought and well run campaign by both sides.

If only the guys running for President of the United States (and believe it or not, a smaller paycheck) could be so respectful of one another.

We capped off the night with drinks among the Indiana delegation to celebrate a well run campaign and show him our appreciation for his 14 years of service as our state president and wish him well in retirement. It was a good time and a lot of good conversation. Great to network with others in the ag community around our state.

Now I've got to wind down and try to sleep. Disney World in just a few hours!!!

Is it really a good picture or are you all just giving me crap?

Personally, I really like it. Usually with crowds like that you get a picture of people with an obstructed view of something that you hope is the castle in the background. This one, the castle draws you right into the picture and the Main St buildings and people in the foreground give it a wonderful sense of depth.
I get a real connection with it. It just feels like I'm there and I feel the coolness of Christmas, the bustle of the crowd and the anticipation of the moment.
It's hard to tell from your post just how crisp (or not) it is, but from what I can see (and I downloaded it to get a better look) the castle looks pretty sharp while the people and buildings are slightly blurry... which is exactly what you want. It adds to it rather than detracts.

Seriously dude. That's a very, very good shot. Possibly my favourite castle shot... ever.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so opinions may vary.
But I like it.

If only the guys running for President of the United States (and believe it or not, a smaller paycheck) could be so respectful of one another.

Well of course they respect one another. They're running for President of the whole country!
Right?

Right?

No?

Hello?

I got a double dose of bad news today. Well, not bad bad. But not ideal.

I was out of the office today for a meeting. It was a Farm Bureau meeting, which happens to be the organization sending me to Orlando. Today had nothing to do with the trip but they did have a little session at the end for some of us who are going to give us a little more info.

As it turns out, based on a revised itinerary, I need to be at the convention center at around 4 for an event on Saturday. Which means back to the hotel from universal in time to shower and change. And it will definitely not allow me too make it to the big dinner at Ohana that I'd really been looking forward to. I'm really bummed about this, but still hopeful that I can head over after I'm done and meet up with a few of the dads at Trader Sams after they eat.

In other news, I was finished packing. Just had to load up the truck when I got home today. I was prepared for business casual as in the past with khakis and polo shirts. Well today they told us they want us to wear a jacket and tie. Maybe not the whole time but definitely Tuesday. And ideally Sunday and Monday too.

I hate ties.

Wanna guess how much repacking I have to do now???
:crazy2:

:eek: Mind. Blown.

Totally missed that point, but yeah, now it makes sense.
::yes::

@pkondz 's got it! As far as Voldemort only destroying the piece of himself inside Harry. I believe that Voldemort was unable to kill Harry with the elder wand because the elder wands allegiance was with Harry all along.
:thumbsup2::yes::

Well, the door just opened, she's back I'm outta here!
:rotfl::wave::car:

Let's play a numbers game...

How many times did I make the walk between DHS and the Boardwalk today?
:scratchin4

This is my second time on Forbidden Journey. It was just as bad both times. I have always loved Universal and I'm glad I had a day to do Universal today, but I can't say that I'm terribly excited to come back again soon. Maybe if Hulk was running today, I'd feel differently. This park is just so dependent on those @$%# motion/screen effects and... no. Just no.
Reason #1 why we don't bother with Universal. As big of a Potter Fan as I am Coasters and motion simulators just don't work for me. That leaves me with what the 3-5 kiddie rides?

Mix it up a little.

Build something different.

Disney does!
::yes:: EXACTLY!

20160110_200525.jpg
:jumping1: What a great last minute addition! Hope your meal was as magical as ours was! You've got me thinking too...:scratchin

:dancer::thumbsup2 What a nice shot! It may be a tad grainy but really well composed and just captures the magic of being there. Actually its the first picture I have seen of the Christmas stuff that actually makes me get why people rave about it.

:thumbsup2

If only the guys running for President of the United States (and believe it or not, a smaller paycheck)
:eek:

could be so respectful of one another.
If only! Although figuring out how to go into my settings on Facebook and change up the preferences they have set for me and letting them know that no, I in fact DON't want my news feed filled with Donald Trump and political extremist crap.

Now I've got to wind down and try to sleep. Disney World in just a few hours!!!
:jumping1:

Personally, I really like it. Usually with crowds like that you get a picture of people with an obstructed view of something that you hope is the castle in the background. This one, the castle draws you right into the picture and the Main St buildings and people in the foreground give it a wonderful sense of depth.
I get a real connection with it. It just feels like I'm there and I feel the coolness of Christmas, the bustle of the crowd and the anticipation of the moment.
It's hard to tell from your post just how crisp (or not) it is, but from what I can see (and I downloaded it to get a better look) the castle looks pretty sharp while the people and buildings are slightly blurry... which is exactly what you want. It adds to it rather than detracts.
::yes:::thumbsup2::yes::

Well of course they respect one another. They're running for President of the whole country!
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: At least you don't have to live with the consequences if some loud mouthed short sighted fool wins! :crazy2:

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: At least you don't have to live with the consequences if some loud mouthed short sighted fool wins! :crazy2:

Actually, as your neighbor. I'm quite concerned with who wins.

But it's the DIS and politics is off limits.
So I'll just leave it at that.

I've given Forbidden Journey another chance. I've done Gringotts. I feel like crap.

Uh oh. That doesn't sound promising.

This park is just so dependent on those @$%# motion/screen effects and... no. Just no.

Now that you mention it, there do seem to be a lot of motion-simulator rides there.

I didn't look at any of my ride photos, but I'm pretty sure I probably looked miserable in every one of them since I was just trying to hold it together till the end of the ride.

That doesn't sound promising, either. Of course, you might just be getting old.:rotfl2:

I am, however, a Transformers fan. I was excited about this one.

The first Transformers movie was...ok. Now that they've made the exact same movie 4 times, I think the well is dry.

Ironically enough, I love Star Tours. The first year the new version was open, I rode it like 4 or 5 times in a row. It never bothered me at all.

Disney magic!

Great shot!:thumbsup2

That's pretty awesome.

Nice! And that's a really good picture. Fills the frame really well.

What he said!

Humility does not exist in politics anymore. Or the very idea that you might actually be wrong about something.

(checking to see if any candidates don't fit that description)

(still looking)

Uh oh.

Actually, as your neighbor. I'm quite concerned with who wins.

But it's the DIS and politics is off limits.
So I'll just leave it at that.

Well, there's still Powerball. Maybe we can all buy an island.

Is it really a good picture or are you all just giving me crap? I haven't seen it on anything bigger than my phone screen. If it isn't blurry it is probably the best castle picture I've ever taken!

I think it looks nice ... it's a good view of the castle and not at all blurry.

Sarah, sorry I missed you. Although I believe I might have had one Diser sighting on Main Street but I was trying to hold down our territory before the parade and unable to try to get closer.

I was pretty much all over the place, so I would have been surprised if you had seen me (it would have been pretty cool, though). We were probably still on rides when you took that picture (that or eating dinner).
And yeah, keeping your spot is probably more important than DISer sightings. Because it was surprisingly crowded at MK on Monday.

1 hour emh in the books. It's freezing cold so naturally I'm getting ice cream at 10 pm while the kiss goodnight is playing.

It's Disney. Ice cream is appropriate in all weather.

Another good day. Didn't do everything we wanted and things really didn't go as planned but we still had a good day. Just some of the disadvantages of a short trip.

I don't want to give too much away but we met a certain man in black... I can't recommend taking a 3 year old to that one.

Another good day. Didn't do everything we wanted and things really didn't go as planned but we still had a good day.

You never do everything you want to do.
But any day in Disney is a good day.

I don't want to give too much away but we met a certain man in black... I can't recommend taking a 3 year old to that one.

So, not a Johnny Cash fan, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter