Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

Well today they told us they want us to wear a jacket and tie.

But just think of the great/handsome photos you will be able to put in your TR!!!

Well, the door just opened, she's back I'm outta here!

WOOT! You're off! Well, you WERE off. Sorry, I'm late to this par-tay.

Or maybe it's the Cool Headed Monkey talking.

Which one?

How many times did I make the walk between DHS and the Boardwalk today?

4. It's a nice walk.

Interesting observation. Would it be worthwhile just to look around?

I was wondering too. The idea to defect is growing on me.

discounted tickets available for use after 2pm!

WHAT!!? Who knew? I'd never heard of that!

It was a good time and a lot of good conversation.

Can't beat that! Sounds like it's been a good trip so far- maybe not perfect, but great nonetheless.

I missed wishing you well on your trip- hope it has been great, at least now with your family.

I think it is just the repetitive ride style Universal uses everywhere (yes, I know FJ uses the kuka arm or whatever it is called and has some AA elements) but overall it is the same concept. Stick you in front of a screen and shake you around. Even their coasters do that now. If they do that to Hulk in this refurb I might physically harm someone.

This.

Too much reliance on simulators.

We love Universal/IoA, and my family has visited 4 times on multi-day vacations, but I agree about all of the similar technology on so many rides.

The title of the first chapter of our first time at US was "3D-4D-OD-D'OH!"

:headache:

Is it really a good picture or are you all just giving me crap? I haven't seen it on anything bigger than my phone screen. If it isn't blurry it is probably the best castle picture I've ever taken!

Gorgeous!!!

So the Christmas decorations are still up? I was shocked to see them on Friday, and to see the ones at HS on Monday. Maybe, like a lazy neighbor, they will just leave them up until next year.

I haven't read ahead, but must hear more about this "After 2 pm" thing.

::yes::

Gorgeous!!!

So the Christmas decorations are still up? I was shocked to see them on Friday, and to see the ones at HS on Monday. Maybe, like a lazy neighbor, they will just leave them up until next year.

I haven't read ahead, but must hear more about this "After 2 pm" thing.

Decorations were up Monday night and down on Wednesday morning with a crane behind the castle. Happened that fast. Really made me appreciate that extra afternoon that much more.

DHS tree was still up yesterday and they were still playing Christmas music. EPCOT tree was gone but there were still some decorations in WS.

At the Orange County Convention Center there is a guest service desk. They sell some discount tickets and partial day tickets to Disney and other area attractions. Not a huge savings (about $30 less than full day) and it frankly would have been cheaper to add days to our tickets but that wouldn't really work with our package. But we took some cash we got for Christmas and it turned out to be a great Christmas gift.

I think I still have the list of discount tickets they offer somewhere. I'll try to get that posted if I can find it.

Last edited:
Holy crap! She grew over an inch at Disney World!

We thought we'd be close on 7DMT. This was a nice surprise!

BTMRR if you can't tell.

So maybe she doesn't appreciate Darth Vader yet, but if you can get her to love Big Thunder, that's a win!

:goodvibes:

Well.... Welcome home anyway!

We can always use a few more days.
"So... How long were you gone for?"
"Just over three years... but I could've used a few more days."

I'm glad you're home safe. You know how to cure that feeling of wanting a few more days? Plan another trip!

I don't think it'll make much of a difference. The crowds aren't crazy this time of year.
The crowds weren't horrible, but it was more crowded than I had expected. It actually paid off to have bought that Express Pass. I felt stupid for doing it when there are so many Single Rider attractions, but I was also watching for others going into Single Rider and I was getting through much faster in the EP line. I barely had enough time to do everything I wanted before I left. It was definitely much more crowded than my last visit to Universal in early December back in 2012.

if I really had to pick I'd probably go to Gringotts first because if DA is open an hour early most of the on site people will have already ridden it and are taking the train over to Hogsmeade.
Well, I went with FJ... just because I read that they occasionally open the park up to half hour before the posted time. I hated the idea of waiting to get into US while the gates could be opened early into IoA. Ended up getting in about 10 minutes before the posted time and walked right onto FJ.

yes they do, and ALWAYS use single rider line when available! :thumbsup2
::yes:: About a 10 minute wait for Gringotts with a posted 40 minute standby.

Have fun storming the castle!
Oh, I certainly did!

This is the stuff that you miss by watching the movies and not having read the books. If you read the books, then your mind makes up the details inbetween because you already know them, but without having read the books, you're just scratching your head going WTH? Now it makes me want to relisten to the books again. But we have to find them packed away in a box somewhere from our move. :scratchin
I'll have to work on reading them. The movies definitely helped with understanding more of the visual references at the parks, but I know I missed a lot of story detail.

It's the monkey.
I mean... one measly shrimp on that huge platter? Criminal!
Good point. It was a rip off!

Because I know you wouldn't eat anything before taking the picture.
Of course not... :rolleyes1

3 Because 2 is almost normal but 4 would be insane.

So probably 5
You guys know me too well.

Your DD is precious! Yippee for more magic.
::yes:: It was an awesome add on.

Nice! And that's a really good picture. Fills the frame really well.
Thanks!

Yaaayyy!! great picture too!
Thanks!

Hey, I was there yesterday! Why am I not in your picture? (Probably because we didn't stay on Main Street for very long)
We were only on MS from about 6:15 to park close.

Personally, I really like it. Usually with crowds like that you get a picture of people with an obstructed view of something that you hope is the castle in the background. This one, the castle draws you right into the picture and the Main St buildings and people in the foreground give it a wonderful sense of depth.
I get a real connection with it. It just feels like I'm there and I feel the coolness of Christmas, the bustle of the crowd and the anticipation of the moment.
It's hard to tell from your post just how crisp (or not) it is, but from what I can see (and I downloaded it to get a better look) the castle looks pretty sharp while the people and buildings are slightly blurry... which is exactly what you want. It adds to it rather than detracts.

Seriously dude. That's a very, very good shot. Possibly my favourite castle shot... ever.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so opinions may vary.
But I like it.
Well, thanks. I mean I tried. But when you're only taking pictures with a phone, you don't always know what you're going to get. I don't exactly have a good camera and make photography a hobby....

Well of course they respect one another. They're running for President of the whole country!
Right?

Right?

No?

Hello?
You're so naïve, it's almost cute.

Really... y'all know me too well. I'm thinking "4's way too crazy... nobody will guess that!"

Reason #1 why we don't bother with Universal. As big of a Potter Fan as I am Coasters and motion simulators just don't work for me. That leaves me with what the 3-5 kiddie rides?
I like the coasters. I don't like the motion simulators. And unfortunately, it seems to be a trend there that coasters now have to also include a motion simulator element!

:jumping1: What a great last minute addition! Hope your meal was as magical as ours was! You've got me thinking too...:scratchin
We had a nice meal... not the best ever, but it was definitely a nice evening and I'm glad we could add it on!

:dancer::thumbsup2 What a nice shot! It may be a tad grainy but really well composed and just captures the magic of being there. Actually its the first picture I have seen of the Christmas stuff that actually makes me get why people rave about it.
Thank you! We really love going for Christmas. I had fully expected to miss out on it this trip (and truth be told, we would have as it was all gone by Wednesday) but it was really nice to be able to see the castle all lit up once more!

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: At least you don't have to live with the consequences if some loud mouthed short sighted fool wins! :crazy2:
That'll never happen!

Actually, as your neighbor. I'm quite concerned with who wins.

But it's the DIS and politics is off limits.
So I'll just leave it at that.
Now I really want to know your feelings about it. :rolleyes1

Uh oh. That doesn't sound promising.
Um... nope.

Now that you mention it, there do seem to be a lot of motion-simulator rides there.
Yeah. Like all of them.

That doesn't sound promising, either. Of course, you might just be getting old.:rotfl2:
I'd agree with that if it weren't for the fact that the original version of Star Tours and Body Wars had the same effect on me.

The first Transformers movie was...ok. Now that they've made the exact same movie 4 times, I think the well is dry.
You do make a good point. But robots and explosions... enough said.

Disney magic!
Well, there's that...

Great shot!:thumbsup2
Thanks!

That's pretty awesome.
::yes:: If I'd only known about this sooner... well I might have blown off the other dads and went to the parks on Friday, so maybe its best that I didn't know! :rotfl2:

Humility does not exist in politics anymore. Or the very idea that you might actually be wrong about something.
Politicians are never wrong!!!!

(checking to see if any candidates don't fit that description)

(still looking)

Uh oh.
Sad, but true. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Well, there's still Powerball. Maybe we can all buy an island.
Wait a minute... don't you have to buy a ticket for that to work? Damn!

I love this photo! And the holiday decorations are still up.
Thanks! Yeah, we had a pleasant surprise to see them. Glad we got that extra day in at the beginning of the week!

I think it looks nice ... it's a good view of the castle and not at all blurry.
Thanks. It isn't half bad, unlike my blurry selfie. :rotfl2:

I was pretty much all over the place, so I would have been surprised if you had seen me (it would have been pretty cool, though). We were probably still on rides when you took that picture (that or eating dinner).
And yeah, keeping your spot is probably more important than DISer sightings. Because it was surprisingly crowded at MK on Monday.
I really didn't even think about looking for you... it was kind of a last minute thing. We got the tickets that morning and then went. We were in the park by about 2:15, did a few rides and tried to take in the night time entertainment so that we wouldn't have to work around it later in the week when we came back.

It's Disney. Ice cream is appropriate in all weather.

Well sure... but it's Disney ice cream.
It doesn't make you cold.
It warms your heart.

So I guess you're not raising a Darth Vader fan?
Um... well, we're raising a Darth Vader fan. Just not the one that was with us.

You never do everything you want to do.
But any day in Disney is a good day.
Good point.

So, not a Johnny Cash fan, huh?
Well, it was the Joaquin Phoenix version... so no.

But just think of the great/handsome photos you will be able to put in your TR!!!
You're absolutely right!!

If I'd taken pictures of myself in a suit.

Which I didn't.

WOOT! You're off! Well, you WERE off. Sorry, I'm late to this par-tay.
That's alright it's over now. You didn't miss much.

Which one?
Exactly!

4. It's a nice walk.
Seriously... I thought it would be harder than that.

I was wondering too. The idea to defect is growing on me.
If you're a Harry Potter fan or a Simpson's fan or a Jurassic Park fan, it absolutely is worth just checking out the theming of those areas. I really do like the park. And I love some of the properties the feature and the theming. But their repetitive motion simulator ride mechanism just has me feeling a little blah about the entire park experience there.

WHAT!!? Who knew? I'd never heard of that!
I'd heard that they offer something like that for convention attendees, but I always thought it had to be a Disney hosted convention. It was a nice surprise. I'll post a picture later showing the tickets offered through Guest Services at the Orange County Convention Center.

Can't beat that! Sounds like it's been a good trip so far- maybe not perfect, but great nonetheless.
It was good. Not perfect, but none are.

Uh-oh..... Now I feel better about missing out on the HS stuff in March.
It really was a cool meet & greet. We have a Disney Visa, so we didn't have to wait in the 40 minute Vader line or the 20 minute Chewy line. We didn't know who we were going to see, but we were the third group in line when we arrived. Vader was definitely in character, but he pretty much would only talk to DD. And even when she was on the verge of tears, he just kept going at her and never really interacted with me or DW. I was excited when we walked into the room and I thought it was really cool, but the experience left me a little disappointed.

This.

Too much reliance on simulators.

We love Universal/IoA, and my family has visited 4 times on multi-day vacations, but I agree about all of the similar technology on so many rides.

The title of the first chapter of our first time at US was "3D-4D-OD-D'OH!"
Yeah. And I know it has been trending that way for a while, but now that they've knocked out Jaws, and Twister I think you're down to basically E.T. JP River Adventure and the Fear Fall as about the only non-kiddy area rides that don't have some sort of screen/3D/motion simulator element to them.

:lmao: That's great! What an awesome shot!!
Thanks. She had a blast. So did I.

So maybe she doesn't appreciate Darth Vader yet, but if you can get her to love Big Thunder, that's a win!

Well.... Welcome home anyway!

We can always use a few more days.
"So... How long were you gone for?"
"Just over three years... but I could've used a few more days."
Ain't that the truth.

Isn't that always the case? Glad you made it home safely!
Thanks! Good to be home... I guess. :rotfl2:

I'm glad you made it home safe, but ... yeah, I know that feeling.
::yes:: I know you're still recovering too.

I'm glad you're home safe. You know how to cure that feeling of wanting a few more days? Plan another trip!
Good point. But the next trip I'm going to have to plan might be one that I'm not terribly excited about planning... :rolleyes1

Glad you're back safe and sound, but the end of a trip is always sad news. I'm sure you had a wonderful time, and now you can relive it with us with a TR. Right??
Yeah, probably.

Awe, she looks like she's having a blast!

It's always bittersweet! Glad you guys got home safely.
Thanks!

Well, thanks. I mean I tried. But when you're only taking pictures with a phone, you don't always know what you're going to get. I don't exactly have a good camera and make photography a hobby....

It's not the camera. It's the lucky accident of doing something right for a change.

You're so naïve, it's almost cute.

:laughing:

Now I really want to know your feelings about it. :rolleyes1

No politics on the DIS.

Ah... You want me to get points!

Well, it was the Joaquin Phoenix version... so no.

Well there's that.

Nice beard! :thumbsup2

We were SO close to staying one extra night too but there was no availability ANYWHERE (at least, not through DVC) for that Thursday night. Pretty sure it was because of the Marathon weekend.

How was the weather for you guys?? Hot the first day for us at Disney Springs, rainy and cold one day, then just cold the rest of the trip.

Hey Andy! I'm guessing you're back from your short vacation? Great pictures that you posted so far. Looking forward to seeing how everything went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter