Something About Nothing ... #12

Hello. Quick post before I leave work to pick up the kid.

Macraven - Happy belated birthday.

Bobbie - Glad you had a good trip. B would love those roller coasters. Me, not so much.

Lynne - High of 79 today and temps in the low 89s all week. I’m loving it. I can’t wait for fall. (Don’t care too much for winter though.)

MonyK - So sorry to hear about your dog. Please keep us posted.

Thanks to this thread I am now craving bacon.

On a related note - B’s school will be doing Footloose as the spring musical. Confession time - i’ve Never seen tha movie. I’m such a bad child of the 80’s.

You have to watch Footloose!!!

One of the classics.........:thumbsup2

Charade- Footloose will be a fun musical. Will she be trying out for a part?

I have a taste for bacon, but my turkey sandwich had to do for lunch. It's pasta night at our local Italian restaurant. Still being lazy about cooking! Been doing better about eating a healthy breakfast and lunch! Have to get rid of a few pounds!

Hi just :car: by a moment in between errands. I just wanted to say I appreciate how much everyone on here is supportive and is kind to others. I posted my trip to Cedar Point on another forum and people were saying I was wrong about stuff because they were at the park the same time as me. Instead of asking me what happened or clarifying they were saying I lied. I have had problems with this forum before but I thought I would give them another try. Nope! Very rude and mean to each other. I will have none of that. I can't treat people like that and don't want to be treated like that either.

The worse part is the moderator/owner of the forum is just as guilty! Thanks Mac again for being a great moderator! Thanks to all the great members:goodvibes

I will try and stop back later!:thumbsup2

Hi just :car: by a moment in between errands. I just wanted to say I appreciate how much everyone on here is supportive and is kind to others. I posted my trip to Cedar Point on another forum and people were saying I was wrong about stuff because they were at the park the same time as me. Instead of asking me what happened or clarifying they were saying I lied. I have had problems with this forum before but I thought I would give them another try. Nope! Very rude and mean to each other. I will have none of that. I can't treat people like that and don't want to be treated like that either.

The worse part is the moderator/owner of the forum is just as guilty! Thanks Mac again for being a great moderator! Thanks to all the great members:goodvibes

Bobbie- so sorry you had to deal with rude, petty people in that forum! :hug:Why is it that some people can be so hurtful for no reason? And they are so self absorbed that they don't see that they are hurting someone? Too bad everyone can't treat others as they want to be treated!

So hey, I want to hear all about those crazy coasters!!::yes:: Maybe someday I'll get the courage to ride them!:scared1:

Last edited:

Bobbie, I stopped using a motor sports forum a few years back.

Folks couldn’t contain their jealousy it seemed when I commented on motor sports races we had gone to. Particularly F1 races.........they couldn’t handle it.......not my problem.

People will always be like that........best to ignore and carry on......some folks just like to see their name in print more than others it seems.......and will say anything at times to do that.........

I’ve had issues on here too, only involved a moderator once.......folks being passive aggressive, accusing others of being “nasty”.....but never directly of course........utter tosh, but best to ignore.........it’s their problem. I’ve even been accused directly of being a Universal shill.......lol.......that was a good one!!! I have no time for pettty jealousy and the like........it’s so obvious usually and other forums can be pretty unpleasant at times.

Yes, mods on here do a good job!

Carry on posting here Bobbie.........:)

Almost bedtime here.........::yes::

Love early night Mondays..........:D

It’s cold, dark and a little miserable outside......not really cold I suppose........just colder than of recent........

Hope your day is a good one...........

Bobbie
Once a homie, always a homie when anyone posts in the sans

Your people are our people

We don’t expect harshness against anyone here
This is yours and everyone’s safe zone

Some of us yak more to some others but no one is ignored or left out
Intentionally

We get carried away at times and with many posting one after another, some posters can’t get a post in

But it is never an intent to exclude anyone

Post what you want as everyone shares here on what is going on in their lives

I do have posters that don’t like me but it usually is taken to Pm before it spills over into a thread

So I can understand that awkward uncomfortable feeling you got when others picked at what you had to say in that forum

Move forward and don’t look back at that forum

Life is too short to have unkind words
None of us are guaranteed an old age

What ever you have to share with us, we are interested!

I have to google what a shill is.....

Lol.........

Wasn’t too long ago either!!!

Heck I’ve been called worse.......and on here too!!! :rotfl:Just not to my face.......best ignored.

But the shill comment I totally laughed it off........::yes::

Ok........now it’s bedtime.......so much for early night Monday........:rolleyes1

Aww, older one has been house and dog sitting, so knew DH and little one were working tonight, so asked if I wanted to go out for Chinese. Why yes I do. Had a lovely meal with him, he even picked up the tab, and we both had left overs. Way too much food. Dropped offf now, so a relaxing evening for me. Well, some more packing. I am a very last minute packer. :)

Bobbie, enjoyed reading about your trip. Yeah, I have run into not so nice words too, but I try not let it bother me, though hard to do. I hope you enjoy our chatter here. After all, this is always something about nothing. I so liked Seinfeld.

You have to watch Footloose!!!
One of the classics.........:thumbsup2
I might watch the movie before I see the play. There are several classic 80’s movies I haven’t seen.

Charade- Footloose will be a fun musical. Will she be trying out for a part?
She will probably try out. I don’t know if she will get cast or not.

I have to google what a shill is....

I had to look it up too.

Y’all should read some of the Girl Scout leaders/parents forums. Those women can get really nasty.

Last edited:
Good night Schumi!!:)

Mac- You're a gem!:flower3:

Lynne- Have a great trip! Waiting to hear details about MNSSHP!:thumbsup2

Y’all should read some of the Girl Scout leaders/parents forums. Those women can get really nasty.

That's terrible! not very good role models for the girls!:confused3 People can be very nasty- and sometimes it's not just words that can hurt people. You can hurt others by actions, or even by ignoring them. Sad really!

Like Mac said, life is short. Let's spend more time making each other smile!:)

Opted for pizza night here! And a quiet night by the tv! I won a lot of money on Wheel of Fortune! Jeopardy - not so much!!

Robo.......love YOUR pictures!!!! Nice...........hope you’re doing ok too..........

Doing good....hope you and your family are all well.

Afternoon everyone:goodvibes :wave:Mac, Schumi, Robo, Keisha, Tink, Tgrgrl, Agavegirl, Ckmiles, Charade, buckeev and Kohlby.

Hey bobbie68 :wave2:

I just wanted to say I appreciate how much everyone on here is supportive and is kind to others. I posted my trip to Cedar Point on another forum and people were saying I was wrong about stuff because they were at the park the same time as me. Instead of asking me what happened or clarifying they were saying I lied. I have had problems with this forum before but I thought I would give them another try. Nope! Very rude and mean to each other. I will have none of that. I can't treat people like that and don't want to be treated like that either.

Bobbie68 sorry to hear about your treatment on the other board....it’s unbelievable the things people will say to be hurtful when they can hide behind their computer screen and bully others who are only trying to help someone have a great experience on their vacation.

Mac is a great Mod and has created a wonderful environment for all of us here to share. It’s like we are all one big family here.....kind of like the “THE SISTERHOOD OF THE SANS” with a few BROTHERS MIXED IN TOO....

Schumi....being called a shill by someone was very unkind.......it always surprises me why people can’t celebrate others successes and good fortune.......and lift others up when they are down....I’am so glad Mac has created a Sans house here for us all.....were we can lift each other up and celebrate with one another.....without fear of unkindness.

Tink hope your fire ant bites are healing and the pain associated with it is easing :hug:

Wendy sending get well prayers to you....I hope you keep your eye on the prize of your HHN vacation next year...hopefully it will be at a time when we can all meet up with you and dance

29F5ACB1-B12C-4987-A24A-B84609F4288E.gif

Lynne your in the air tomorrow......woot..woot..woot have a great time on yours vacaction

FB79CB56-9B16-4BF1-8F94-6CB2A27B01CA.jpeg

I have a taste for bacon, but my turkey sandwich had to do for lunch. It's pasta night at our local Italian restaurant. Still being lazy about cooking! Been doing better about eating a healthy breakfast and lunch! Have to get rid of a few pounds!

Pattyw.....I say we all forget the diets and eat as much pasta as we want...uh....and other fattening things too ::yes::

9440D6B8-B86C-45CF-A9BC-270412992909.jpeg

The Robo idea of the evening........and I’am sticking to it......as my stomach is bulging from supper :-)

I enjoyed your pics of all your cats. They are cute.

Charade great job on the ceiling fan.....Looks nice.

Hey!!!!! :wave: Ck, monyk and Trggrl

Keisha hope you and the girls are continuing to have a magical time at Disney.

Mac I’am trying to hold off on decorating for Halloween until September 1st.....not sure if I will make it...LOL.

40 days until HHN vacation........sending all who are planning their HHN

6D9A6E17-E223-4658-BCC6-DE1F8B07E92E.gif

Shout out to Mr. Chuckers

E8346BE3-0E87-4D69-8C79-4985B2B77CA0.jpeg

Hope Buddy the squirrel is well and climbing trees by now.

Mac I will leave the light on all night....

5A08B591-380B-4FD2-AA5E-55DD1ABBBDEA.jpeg

Last edited:
Watching Happy Death Day tonight since Danielle picked it up at the store today.

Only 29 more days! :banana:

Lynne, nice of your son to treat you to dinner. Glad you got to spend time with him. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Bobbie, we play nice here...don't go back to that other place...if you need me to give them a talking to just let me know.

Hope you enjoyed your pizza patty.

You have to watch Footloose Charade...the Kevin Bacon version not the new one.

Robo, the ant bites are still itchy occasionally as fire ant bites will be. Hope you are doing well.

Carole as was said before...some people are just jealous of the wonderful life you have...I'm just happy that you share it with us.

Mac, you're my favorite mod and one of my favorite people :hug:

Time to watch the movie.

That's terrible! not very good role models for the girls!:confused3 People can be very nasty- and sometimes it's not just words that can hurt people. You can hurt others by actions, or even by ignoring them. Sad really!

The group I’m in is supposed to be adults only, but with over 28K members there is certain to be some girls in it too.
The threads usually get nasty when they start getting political. There are certain topics that the moderators have banned because people can’t play nice. A couple of years back we had a crazy drama going on with 2 members (one female, one male) that got really weird.

F8C49A6D-5CAA-46C7-98F0-DB9B5DD71A29.jpeg Hi Everyone!
Lynne- safe travels & have a wonderful trip!!!

I have the song “Footloose” running through my mind and I am craving bacon. Thanks for that Ya’ll

We are having Girl Scout drama over here at the beach too where everyone is supposed to be chill and on “Island time” but our Council can’t seems to get their stuff together and it’s frustrating for everyone who is trying to follow guidelines. I would totally be done with GS if my youngest one wasn’t so dead set on being a Brownie this year. I will love have allllll the cookies in the house in February though. Glass half full.......

Obligatory kitten pic attached. 5 weeks old tomorrow!!!

I just want to snuggle that kitten! So cute, Tgrgrl.

Ready to turn my light out. Mostly packed. Final check of stuff tomorrow morning. Little one just asked what to pack. See apple not far from tree. LOL

Tgrgrl are you a leader?

The kitten is so adorable.
No, Charade, not a leader but I have been cookie & Fall product leads. Last year our Council would only let us pick up cookies from the warehouse on certain days & times and 3 times I went, no one was there & it was a big deal to me because I have a sedan & was borrowing friend’s trucks & SUV’s for pickup. Their communication is extremely poor & it just seems to be getting worse.

No, Charade, not a leader but I have been cookie & Fall product leads. Last year our Council would only let us pick up cookies from the warehouse on certain days & times and 3 times I went, no one was there & it was a big deal to me because I have a sedan & was borrowing friend’s trucks & SUV’s for pickup. Their communication is extremely poor & it just seems to be getting worse.

You are a brave woman. B hasn’t been part of a troop since 8th grade. I’ve kept up with her registration, and now she basically just goes to events that interest her. Sadly, our council doesn’t offer much for older girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter