Something About Nothing ... #12

Ah, Calculus.....my father had a masters in math, was a math teacher and yet, somehow his daughter didn’t inherit once ounce of mathematics ability. For my calculus final in college, I needed about 180 points on a 100 point final to pass with a “D” . :sad2: One cool fact though is that I can figure out percentages instantly in my head. It’s like I can just “see” it. So random.

Happy, happy birthday Lynne!! It’s hot & sunny here right now, just for you!!

On a related note - B’s school will be doing Footloose as the spring musical. Confession time - i’ve Never seen tha movie. I’m such a bad child of the 80’s.
Yes you do have to see the movie! Weird that there is a random KB reference and your dtrs musical is Footloose...

Thanks Mac again for being a great moderator!
Such great connections there's several pages of Kevin bacon!! How do you beat that? -He is such an icon that some of the best jokes in Guardians of the Galaxy center on Kevin Bacon. Love the randomness of this thread!

some posters can’t get a post in
:rotfl2:or you go to bed early and there are 5 pages to wade through next am...:)

Mac I’am trying to hold off on decorating for Halloween until September 1st.....not sure if I will make it...LOL.

40 days until HHN vacation........sending all who are planning their HHN
I almost had DH get our fall/halloween stuff down when he was running cable in attic this weekend...
DH is on board with HHN trip, now it is the middle who doesn't want to go. I get missing school etc (will be 2 whole days, and 1/2 day), but she really really needs to learn to let some stuff go. She puts way too much pressure on herself and it is resulting in anxiety and depression (and trying to find an appointment time to meet with psychiatrist is proving difficult as most appointments are during school hours!).

Decorator day..........4 days of dust.
so you have inspired me...may start on our 1/2 bath this weekend and next weekend. I finally got a vision of what I wanted thanks to all your planning and discussion of your spaces :)

I just dropped Liv off to Calculus camp. Her calculus class this year is a UCONN one. she will get 6 UCONN credits for college transfer
Wow how cool!!

Doggy rallied yesterday, he finally ate some scrambled eggs (see-the chickens are good for something). Still very slow moving but hanging in there. He just wants to be wherever we are - usually he goes and hides in a bedroom if too much stuff going on.

Ice cream social and performance preview for parents of band last night. Just the 1st couple movements. DD dislikes this program this year. I think it will be cute, but can't argue with grump monster. Felt like fall too - was glad I had a sweater and long pants on sitting in the bleachers!

Lunch break over-back to work!

:bday::bday::bday::bday: and safe travels to Lynne and fam!

Went home for lunch and found that I had a delivery. I am going to frame B’s senior picture and wanted a mat in her school colors. You wouldn’t think it would be so difficult to find a pre-made black and red mat, but I couldn’t find one locally and the craft stores wanted a small fortune to cut one for me. I finally ordered one online. I was a little worried that the red wouldn’t be the right shade, but it works perfectly.

MonyK - So glad to hear the dog is feeling better.

30 more minutes and I can leave.

Ah, Calculus.....my father had a masters in math, was a math teacher and yet, somehow his daughter didn’t inherit once ounce of mathematics ability. For my calculus final in college, I needed about 180 points on a 100 point final to pass with a “D” . :sad2: One cool fact though is that I can figure out percentages instantly in my head. It’s like I can just “see” it. So random.

Happy, happy birthday Lynne!! It’s hot & sunny here right now, just for you!!

I am awful at math!!! Genuinely cannot get my brain to work that way........but, Tom and Kyle are both math whizzes.........I can spell.......lol......so we complement one another that way.........

They do say I can work out 20% tip in an instant though!! Stick a $ in front and my brain works that way......lol......

Yes you do have to see the movie! Weird that there is a random KB reference and your dtrs musical is Footloose...

Such great connections there's several pages of Kevin bacon!! How do you beat that? -He is such an icon that some of the best jokes in Guardians of the Galaxy center on Kevin Bacon. Love the randomness of this thread!

:rotfl2:or you go to bed early and there are 5 pages to wade through next am...:)

I almost had DH get our fall/halloween stuff down when he was running cable in attic this weekend...
DH is on board with HHN trip, now it is the middle who doesn't want to go. I get missing school etc (will be 2 whole days, and 1/2 day), but she really really needs to learn to let some stuff go. She puts way too much pressure on herself and it is resulting in anxiety and depression (and trying to find an appointment time to meet with psychiatrist is proving difficult as most appointments are during school hours!).

so you have inspired me...may start on our 1/2 bath this weekend and next weekend. I finally got a vision of what I wanted thanks to all your planning and discussion of your spaces :)

Wow how cool!!

Doggy rallied yesterday, he finally ate some scrambled eggs (see-the chickens are good for something). Still very slow moving but hanging in there. He just wants to be wherever we are - usually he goes and hides in a bedroom if too much stuff going on.

Ice cream social and performance preview for parents of band last night. Just the 1st couple movements. DD dislikes this program this year. I think it will be cute, but can't argue with grump monster. Felt like fall too - was glad I had a sweater and long pants on sitting in the bleachers!

Lunch break over-back to work!

:bday::bday::bday::bday: and safe travels to Lynne and fam!

Good luck on organising your HHN trip........and fabulous you have started decorating........I love getting rooms done......apparently one of our spare rooms really didn’t need decorating last year.......but we did it anyway.....lol.....

I’m so glad your doggie is doing better.......hope he continues to improve and makes a full recovery :hug:

BLT wrap for dinner was........different.........it was a decent size, but, not sure I’m entirely full........DH is through rummaging in potato chip cabinet........he thinks I don’t know.........long as he brings me some it’s fine.......::yes::

Yum, and of course Schumi had bacon. LOL

Thank you all, Robo, Bobbie, Charade, CK and any one else I missed. Having a nice birthday.

Waiting to fly. Light travel quick to now wait.

I am good at math. Not as good as my oldest DB, he graduated from a very prestigious college first in his class majoring in math. Think it runs in our family as DM was an accountant for some time, though intermittently when started having kids. She is still a math wiz at 91 years old.

Oh leaving a rainy day, better be lots of hot sunshine when I wake up tomorrow.

And yay, already got our hotel room number. Hope also an uneventful flight.

92368F66-B5FC-46FC-9823-6083D4E29692.jpeg

And look at the lightning as we fly above some of th clouds.

Good flight, but raining here. And over an hour waiting for our bags. Just announced after over an hour that our baggage has been delayed. Crazy. We are still waiting. Crying kids, unhappy folks.

Lynne, hope you made it safe and got your luggage without too much more of a wait...…..:thumbsup2

Wednesday it is...…….

I`m laughing right now as it is just so ludicrous...…..shed arrived early.....it is huge!!! Although technically shed hasn't been put up yet......believe it or not the base isn't large enough!!! :confused3

Guys took one look at it and said, it`s too narrow, too short and isn't evenly flat!!! I think camel`s hump was used as a description...….

Called the office......getting it sorted...….also the felt for the roof is all scraped...….not happy. Wouldn't mind but this is the local firm with the best reputation around and have been around for years...…..

Waiting on a call back.

You`ve got to laugh!!!

Heading out to buy some lunch as we can`t use the kitchen today...….then physio appointment this afternoon...

Have a great Wednesday...………………….

Good Morning!

Muggy rainy morning here- so wanted to stay under the covers all day.

Lynne- hope your luggage arrived safely!

Schumi- hope the shed issues are resolved quickly.

Hi! To Tgrgrl, Monyk, Robo Mac, Patty, Bobbie - and anyone else I missed.

Have a great day everyone!

Up and perky today.

79F0E248-4D6D-4643-874C-134E1AA89B09.jpeg

Happy Hump Day!

So all can do the math: Plane landed at 9:55pm, after leaving 40 minutes late, luggage, wet from setting out in the rain waiting for someone to move it, on the luggage carousel at 11:25pm. Solution: long day.

A little yay in there: Hyatt now does online check in. As we were waiting to board, got email with q code. Though was not a long line at check in, we went right to a little kiosk. Held phone up to it. Why hello, here is your key. Two seconds later, we were up to our room.

So now the fun begins! Well shower, car then food. Both of us are starving.

Tea? Eh soda or coffee for me.

Later homies!

Morning :D ... Happy Hump Day! Liv is at her last day of calc camp then later taking her, Charlie and Guin shopping at Savers for some pants. Liv doesn't like shopping but is a little better with it if friends are there.

She is going to be President of the Key Club this year. It is one of the top community clubs here. The only problem is it is just getting started back up it hasn't had good success in the past. Liv has to recruit new members, so they had her speak at Freshman orientation last night and boy was she nervous:scared:...She only had to talk about a minute or so but that was enough to make her stomach sick. She practiced her little speech about an hour and a half. In the end the three of us went with her to support her and she did just fine:thumbsup2... I suggested to her to take a college public speaking class this year. It did wonders for me years ago!

We are visiting a friend tonight. We were close friends with her husband when he died last year. We became good friends and like to visit her. It can get lonely. She always puts out a nice welcoming snack:-)

Schumi - I hope your shed situation gets straightened out quickly!

Lynne- Glad you landed safely, sorry about the luggage. Nice about the Hyatt though. Hope today continues great!!

:wave:to Mac, Robo, Keisha, Monykalyn, Tink, CKmiles, Tgrgrl and if there is anybody else I missed.

That is wonderful news!! :) Keep us updated!!

In the end the three of us went with her to support her and she did just fine:thumbsup2

Nice job, Liv!!:thumbsup2

Lynne- hope your having a fun day!!

Checking in to say hi to all of you!:wave2: I hope you're all having a wonderful afternoon! :) :)

bae40eff707614f893197553f667de4e--good-afternoon-quotes-good-morning.jpg

Lynne.......glad you’re settled now.........time to have fun!!

Bobbie.......congrats on your daughters achievements.........yes, public speaking isn’t fun to begin with.......I got used to it quite easy back in my old life in the workplace as I’m a chatterbox anyway, but maybe a course would help her........wish her the best!

Vicki.......when are you at Aventura??

Well, shed saga continues.......new base has been laid as workmen said original wasn’t acceptable for them.......it was contracted out as they were busy........new base looks fabulous and took them most of the afternoon.......and new shed goes up tomorrow morning at 7.45am........we’ll be up anyway........

Kyle leaves for work 6.45am and decorators will be here 8.30. Pleased with decorating so far.......only one guy rest of the week now.....

But.........colour I chose does not go with tiles in kitchen. One side of our kitchen is an extension an it’s all modern and chrome with a sleek finish.......traditional part is more well, traditional........so.......rather than rip off the tiles as there are so darn many of them.......going to get them redone.......our decorator does it, so when he can fit us in as he is incredibly busy, we’ll get them revamped......it’s just going to be far too messy and unnecessary to knock them all off!

So, that’s my ramble for the day...........

Time for a glass of well deserved wine!

Hope everyone’s good.......

Yes mac......it’s Wednesday...........:)

DDB55E25-7558-44D0-A93E-89A7D8DB6936.jpeg Yay, room ready just after 1pm, and we have a balcony! Chairs in closet fit on the balcony, so opened the wine, and relaxing for a few minutes. Little one took this picture from her chair.

Bell service just gave us our bags. After checking in, devoured pizza for lunch, then quick rides in the Studios. Upgraded little one’s ticket to a seasonal pass, renewed mine, not too bad crowds. Hot with a passing shower, so resting up, then Islands, with a train ride and dinner with some Irish food. Little one loves their burgers. May stay for light show, maybe not.

MonyK, glad to hear dog is still here, and kids getting in the back to school mode.

Will catchup with all later. Chao!

Monyk- Glad to here your pup rallied - I know getting to the end is so hard- sending you peaceful thoughts.

Schumi- glad the shed issue was resolved- you definitely deserve wine today!

Bobbie- Congrats to your daughter! I agree with the public speaking course- I took it too and it was very helpful! I still dont like it - but it doesnt cause me so much anxiety.

Waving HI to Patty!

Im off to get a pedicure after work- Im trying to get work done instead of googling nail polish colors......but then I came to post here- I sense a theme for the rest of my afternoon.....

Well done on the balcony Lynne..........

Enjoy!!!

Ck......enjoy the pedicure, love a good pedicure!! And yes I believe I do deserve the wine.........so I keep telling myself :D

Im off to get a pedicure after work- Im trying to get work done instead of googling nail polish colors......but then I came to post here- I sense a theme for the rest of my afternoon.....

Same here- I have work to finish but I'm taking a little break.... Yay on the pedicure!

And yes I believe I do deserve the wine.........so I keep telling myself

Enjoy the wine! So you're summer weather temps sound like ours- 70s mostly and a few 80s. I'd love to visit England one day. I've not been anywhere overseas, yet. I also want to go visit Poland! where my family comes from!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter