Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening everyone. I started to write this post earlier this afternoon, but fell asleep before I could start typing. Nothing interesting going on here. I watched the Doctor Who premier last night. The jury is still out on this one. I didn’t instantly hate her, but I’m not sure if I like her either. It just seems so weird having a female Doctor. I guess i need to give it a few more episodes.

Tgrgrl - Hope the fundraiser goes well.

Schumi and Lynne - Thanks for posting pictures.

Keisha - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Robo - We used to try cram as much into our vacations as possible and would be exhausted when we got back home. We actually allowed ourselves to relax on our Universal vacation. I think we are going to change the way we do vacations from now on.

Mac - Glad to hear you are able to get back out and enjoy the parks.

Almost midnight. Guess I should get some sleep. Goodnight!

I'm still up! Great Monday night football game! Congrats to Drew Brees! What a guy!! I won't be happy in the morning!

Good night Charade!
and all the rest too!!

801b907ddca6cecb7692a23c19a8462d.gif

Have a great day mac...….

Busy morning doing work :surfweb: feels strange having to do something within a time frame again...….but, got it done with time to spare...….:littleangel:

Just had lunch and even got two loads of washing out on the line...….yep, it is that warm today.....65F.....almost tropical for this time of year here......lovely to get it all dried outside again.

An afternoon in front of laptop I believe...…..

Chicken and roasted veg for dinner...….

Have a great Tuesday...……..

Hi everybody :wave2:

Trying to watching TWD and the Braves game....switching back and forth during commercials. Glad I tuned in just as Acuna was hitting a grand slam. Oh and the new Doctor Who is also starting tonight. Why is it everything you want to watch is on at the same time? o_O

Enjoy your night :goodvibes

Vicki, what did you think of the new Dr Who????

Tom wasn't all that impressed with acting or the writing...…...have I already asked you this? Got a déjà vu feeling there...…..weird!!

Just got another call from "The Internet" telling me my computer is under attack...…..lol...….you can have so much fun with those guys!!!

Good morning :coffee:

Carole...not too fond of the new doctor...she's ok but at the risk of being non pc.. the doctor should be a man :duck:
At least she will only be there for a few years and she may grow on me like Matt did.

Looks like we may get a brushed by Michael if the path stays true. I feel for those in the Carolinas who are still recovering from Florence.

At least the weather is cooler today and the weekend looks good after the storms pass. I could deal with 70s rather than the 90s.

The plan for the day is a little yard work followed by laundry :laundy:

Have fun in the parks today mac :flower1:

Good morning all. Slow day at work today. I came in to find this voicemail, “Hi, my name is (name) and I would like to make an appointment with (therapist 1) or (therapist 2). I was referred by (university counseling center). Please give me a call back. Thanks.”
Um.....you’ve left out a vital piece of information. Our phones don’t have caller ID.

Tink, I have to agree with you. I think the Doctor should be a man. I really miss David Tennant.

Gotta get back to work.

Good Morning Sans family :goodvibes I missed reading all the posts and following your great adventures.

We got back late last night from Ohio. It took us about 10 hours so was stiff and wiped out. However, I had to come home and clean up from the :cat: but we don't mind. It's interesting I seem to miss them more now than ever.

Cedar Point was really fun. We had great weather on Friday night and was able to do rides and the guys did the haunts. Liv and I walked with our "no-boo" necklaces and loved watching the scare actors. Thanks everyone for the great travel wishes :goodvibes

Saturday day was great, we were able to do all rides but one. It kept breaking down. We did go back to the lounge in the afternoon for a break. However, about 7:00 the skies opened up and we returned to the resort. The resort is about a thousand feet from the hotel. It is wonderful to be so close. We stayed in at the lounge and did the pool. What a mistake though everyone in the hotel must have been there. We had a few little one incidents. This parent left her maybe 3 year old with arm flotations in the hot tub. Brian stood up and yelled in the pool area who's unsupervised little kid is in here. Well the kid left and ran to her mother. The father comes over a few minutes later yelling at Brian. Brian told him I didn't yell at your kids I was talking to the missing parents. He got in Brian's face and Brian just told him to get the manager and we will see who is right. The guys left and we didn't see them again. There are signs posted no unsupervised children in the hot tub. Actually there were way to many little ones in it. The chemicals alone are no good for them. The parents were dragging them into here so they could relax. Then we went up to the room and showered and bed. It was going to be up early for the parks.

Sunday morning was good weather. After breakfast in the lounge again we headed to the park. We were able to do all the rides we wanted. We went back to the lounge for afternoon snacks and chilled. We went back into the park and did some haunts and a fortune teller with tarot cards. It was a lot of fun. The cards that we picked were so dead on. Went back to the lounge for appetizers and to say good bye to our friend in the lounge. She is really nice and goes above and beyond her job. Went back in for a few hours and did rides. We were really sad though because last year they did the outside haunt zones but cancelled it this year. We were looking forward to that part again. Especially since we lost Saturday night to rain. We made the best of it. We returned to the hotel for some pool time then packed up.

I am going to be writing a letter to Cedar point executives. They have really scaled back the offerings on the club lounge but not the price. The last thing that did it was every year they give us a Starbucks coupon for breakfast Monday morning because the club lounge closes due to the holiday. Each year it has gone down from multiple items , to one and a drink and now it is a pastry and a drink. It really was not comparable to the lounge breakfast for the price. We decided next year will be our last one and we will not stay there three nights. We can save money staying off site on Sunday with a better breakfast and be closer to home. In talking with some of the employees we know it seems the new CEO has ideas of cutting corners in the wrong places.

Overall a great trip to a really fun park. There are some serious coasters here which that is what we like to ride.

Today I have laundry and cleaning to do. All the kitties were glad to see us and our new sitting service did well. They sent me pics and a report. I still like having our friend instead but will have to deal with it.

Patty so glad you had a great trip and so many meet ups. It is nice to have a safe and uneventful trip home. The weather is so crazy with the ups and downs. Thanks for the kind words about my fur babies.

Schumi glad you made it home and can start counting down to your next visit. It will be so special having your son with you. I understand about enjoying the weather all the time where you live. Glad your house renovations went well. Enjoy your temporary job!

Mac I am so glad to see you are able to do some things more this week. I understand and am sorry that you feel like that and especially on vacation. I hope you don't get hit with the bad weather and can do a little more. It was good that you were able to do some of your meet ups. Keep taking it easy. You're right the sans family is great and I am so happy to be a part of it.

Charade I am so there with you on the graduation stuff. Liv brought home a paper of all the events coming up. We were not able to do senior pics outside of what the school provides. I went with what they had and I was very happy with it. Liv is really good about it especially if it has to do with finances. She is so sweet. She has offered to help pay for her senior stuff this year. I haven't heard anything about a class ring. I never got mine because our High School color was my birthstone and I have multiple rings. It is hard to pick a park in Disney we love Animal Kingdom. Hope they start the deck soon!

Monykalyn The cruise sounds great. It is nice when you can plan ahead.. Lol about the chickens not talking to you. I actually have a cat that chats with us. He will look at you and just start chatting with all these different inflections in his voice. It is the craziest thing I never had one like this. I have a few cuddle bugs too:D

Keisha glad you had a good trip home and hope you and your son feel better. Any trip can make things seem better. Glad you enjoyed your tour. It makes such a difference when you have a good guide.

Robo I am so glad you are enjoying the trip. I hear you on not doing commando style as much. I did find after three days my legs and body were more tired. Glad you had some spa time. I found it at PBH last time and will take advantage of it again on my next trip.

Tgrgrl I hope your fund raiser went well. It's funny on our trip to Ohio we were talking to a lot of people who live in Michigan with lots of snow and love it. I was just shaking my head and can't wait to be a Floridian in the next year and a half.

Tink I will be thinking of you with Michael coming your way and hope it blows by. I wish they could be wrong about this hurricane. I feel so bad for everyone in it's path. It's a good thing I have a DVR to record my shows. I hate when there are a couple at the same time. It is so hard to decide.

Lynne Looks like you are having a great time again. I totally understand about your noisy neighbors and sorry about that. It is so disrespectful. I hope they check out soon.

Thanks to everyone posting pics with the dis meets. I agree it is so nice to put faces with names and see how much fun you are having. I will enjoy one day when I can meet everyone too. Thanks everyone for being such a great caring family to each other.

I am off to start the chores of being back from vacation. We have parents night tonight with Liv's teachers then it is out for wings at Sliders. They run a buy one get one on Tuesday nights:cool1:

I hope everyone has a great day:thumbsup2

I had to come home and clean up from the :cat: but we don't mind. It's interesting I seem to miss them more now than ever.

Yep- mine left a little present for us too! Must be a welcome home thing!:laughing:

Cedar Point was really fun.

So glad you had a nice time! Totally agree on littles in hot tubs! Parents are always leaving them unsupervised everywhere! Geez! Good for Brian! You don't take a vacation from parenting!

Sorry to hear about cutbacks in the lounge! Don't they see that they will most likely lose business and revenue by doing this??

I do love the BOO necklace idea!! :thumbsup2 Glad it was a FUN trip!!:)

Vicki......totally.....Dr Who is a man and should have stayed a man...…...but she totally was the wrong choice......should have been someone with more character if they had to have a woman.....so wrong...…….but it`s the BBC and they have their agenda to fill...…..(off soap box :D) Hope you avoid Michael...…..I`ve been doing laundry today too.....although I must have the cleanest family on earth as I`m always washing clothes!!!

Bobbie......hope you get a reply about your complaint...…..doesn't sound great...….cutting corners is one thing but when guests are being affected negatively, it`s time to complain. But, yep countdown to next trip has started...…..50 sleeps till another 10 nights...….cant wait especially since our boy is coming with us!!!

Got chicken pieces marinating in all sorts of goodies......should be full of flavor when I cook it...….will do baby potatoes separately...…..I`m starving and its not even 5pm!!!! Another hour at least till we eat.

Off to find a snack...…………..:blush:

Bobbie, I hope you get a good response, not cool with the club offerings. Yeah, kids and no parenting, have seen quite a bit of that.

A0B4FAE0-CFDC-43BE-B7F9-165F8A914474.jpeg

Could not help and saw the Dino again.

Glad Patty is back, with no issues, even if the cat left a little present.

MonyK, will always come for dinner, sounds very good.

Charade, yeah. Sometimes my office becomes directory service. We are expected to know all.

Hey Tink, hope your coffee is hot.

Lynne- That Dino's a cutie! I'd visit with him again, too!! :) Looks like you're having a great park day!! Mummy and Dino's- YAY!! Maybe a little Kong?? Love the pictures! Nice diversion from the enormous pile in my inbox!:eek:

Left work an hour early today because I had absolutely nothing to do. I've got a few minutes to kill before getting B from school.

Patty - I think The Empty Child is my favorite episode too. I also think it is the most creepy episode, even more so than Blink.

Bobbie - Glad you had a good trip even if there were a few issues. I hope you get a positive response from your complaint. I am always amazed when people don't supervise their kids in potentially dangerous situations. I used to take B to swim lessons at the Y and the lifeguards were constantly telling children to get out of the hot tub.

Time to get B and take her to music lessons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter