Something About Nothing ... #12

Woke up at 4:00 this morning. Haven't been able to get back to sleep. The county has cancelled school for today. I supposed it is due to flooding, downed trees, and power outages. It is supposed to be a nice day today.

Safe travels home Mac. I think Lynne is leaving today too?

Schumi - Pancakes and maple syrup sound so good right now. Unfortunately I an trying to reduce carbs and sugar. It's not easy.

I guess I should try to get some more sleep. I hope the contractors come by today to do more work on the deck.

Yes Lynne returns home today also

Charade, are you working today or are many places closed in your area?

Yep, in the air for me too today.

Ah, Schumi must be shopping for garden tools, yeah I would say not fun type of shopping either.

Hope your flight is good and quick Mac. Safe travels.

Eek, Charade, even without a tornado, winds can still knock down trees and wires, and all that rain. Hope your deck gets finished one of these days. Would be nice to enjoy it before that white stuff comes.

Off to a wee bit of park time, then water fun, early lunch, then off to drop rental off, and say goodbye for now. Need to plot and scheme maybe a Spring trip. I need to enjoy flinging beads. And then maybe a summer one. Older one has mentioned summer trip. Eek, that may mean June or Early August. Ah, dreaming is good. Need to focus on the upcoming holidays too.

With that, gotta go. Fabulous Friday to all.

As hot as it was in October this trip, can only imagine how hot a summer (especially if August) would be for you Lynne!

Yep, boring garden shed stuff...….I wandered off to the store next door and picked up some little household niknaks……safe travels Lynne.....

mac, we said this year it was cooler in the summer!! July was not as hot and humid as September...….think a lot of locals were saying the same thing...…

Still trying to book seats for the cinema next week...…..you have always been able to book seats in advance, so not sure why it`s not letting me do it this time....so frustrating specially as I never go to the cinema...…..maybe Titanic was last movie or H2O????

Weather is dreadful...….heavy rain and high winds......not going far the rest of the day...…...

I’m not working today, but my office is always closed on Fridays. I think most businesses are open today. The closings are mostly schools.

Lynne - I hope you enjoy your last day. My spring trip is in April. We have a deposit due on Monday, but I don’t know who to write the check to. I emailed the band director. Hopefully he will respond soon.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

0046F23A-524E-452C-868E-9AFB749F8A24.jpeg

3C823BC9-6146-4C78-A0E9-11D14DAE4B8B.jpeg

Flight was uneventful once we were in the air. Plane was 1 hour late getting there might have been related to weather. They did not say.

Woke to 44 degrees this morning. Sun is shining so can’t complain.

Safe travels to Mac and Lynne.

Safe travel Robo, sorry to hear flight delayed, but glad to hear you made it to airport without issue.

Thanks Lynne. Hope you get to do all you planned for today before you leave.

Nice pics with Minions Lynne and in front of Universal globe.

Robo- Safe travels! So nice to meet you!:)

Was so nice to meet you and your hubby too pattyw.

Need to inch back into the real world after vacation. Need to get some food shopping done.

Have a great Friday everyone.

TGIF all!!

Charade- Have a nice day off!:)

Safe travels to Lynne! Plan that spring trip! Love Mardi Gras! We'l be there in March when Troy has spring break!:thumbsup2

Welcome home to Mac! I'm sure DH and the kitties are so happy!:goodvibes

Schumi- Yum!! REAL maple syrup!! Hope those seats come available to book very soon! :thumbsup2

Off to take my mom to the hair salon and lunch. This evening, Joe and I are volunteering at Troy's old high school at their meat raffle. We're the money counters! Such a fun time!

Always loved The Flintstones!:)

yabba-dabba-doo-happy-friday-to-you-21003007.png

Woot, 19 minutes from RPR parking lot to rental return. Enjoying the last can of my Pepsi, then the very little line for PreCheck. Way early, but fine with me. So far, flight still on time.

25F7226B-1964-49FC-8655-857F3BB8C906.jpeg

So bye from this trip reporting. Hopefully a new adventure will be right around the corner.

Hope all are having a great day.

:wave2: Lynne!! Have a good flight home!!

Yep- let's start planning our next trips!!:thumbsup2

Three trips already planned here........a ten night, and two fourteen night trips........now waiting to get September next year sorted.......flights not released yet from Virgin Atlantic........

Always good to get next trips sorted........:thumbsup2

Had good Friday night........watching new tv series Instinct.........we recorded it while we were away.......it’s decent.......don’t watch a huge amount of tv series..........gave up on Walking Dead long ago.......but sometimes sat in front of a tv watching a decent show is quite a nice thing to do........with a rum cocktail of course........Thanks StrongWater..........:D

Tomorrow night plan on watching The Greatest Showman........One of the birthday presents Kyle got for me......hope Tom likes it.......I adore that movie........:hug:

Got some friends coming round for breakfast tomorrow........early though.......8.30am!! Then one couple head to airport hotel for flight out on Sunday back to Orlando for 10 nights.......their daughter is working in a Disney hotel so have to visit a lot for the next year.......but, she’s doing ok......enjoying it although she prefers Universal for fun!!

Almost but not quite bedtime here.........lazy weekend planned ahead after buffet breakfast......got 8 coming.......lots of bacon to cook!!! Well Tom does the actual cooking, I just prepare and set everything out......tried making butter croissants tonight...not very successful......glad I have a load of shop bought ones........

Have a good Friday evening..........:D

Home again, home again, jiggy jig. Little one braved the traffic, and quick we were home. Heat on. Eek, 56 when I landed. Cool, jacket and sweat pants on.

Flight left 5 minutes early and arrived 20 minutes early. Guess they wanted a quick flight. Just a few bumpy parts, but quick in my book is a big win.

Ah, and a relaxing Friday night in store, then wash and bill paying this weekend. Homecoming one for little one.

We had an absolutely gorgeous day today - sunny, clear, and temps in the high 60s. We didn't do too much today. Went to lunch and the to Walmart to buy laundry detergent. I was going to do my laundry today. but B beat me to the washer.
I got the deposit check for the Orlando trip written, and filled out the order form for the graduation cap, gown, and announcements. They asked for the student's height and weight for the gown. B checked her weight and was not happy with what she saw. We both need to lose.

Hope your deck gets finished one of these days. Would be nice to enjoy it before that white stuff comes.
Thanks Lynne. Dh says he wants a hammock that he can put on the deck for Christmas and plans to use it even if we have snow.

Tomorrow night plan on watching The Greatest Showman
Great movie. I'm surprised that B hasn't bought a copy yet. It may show up on a birthday or Christmas list.

It's still early, but I am sleepy. Dh is watching a documentary about prohibition. That should knock me out.

Last edited:
Happy Friday Night Sans Family:wave:

We had a cool, windy and somewhat rainy day here today. We have my niece's wedding tomorrow so went to the hair dresser today then met my dad for lunch. Got the teens and took them to Target where they were having a seasonal job fair. Liv got a part time cashier job like 8-12 hours a week, Charlie got a packing type job for about the same. It is only through the beginning of January but it's something. Liv is excited but anxious. I want her to try, I think it will be good for her. I told her it's only 2 months. If she really has panic attacks then of course she can quit. Picked up other friends and made a turkey pepperoni sauce. Other than the wedding it will be a quiet weekend. It is suppose to get cooler here.:sad1:

Liv's school has done nothing for graduation. I am patiently waiting to be hit with the stuff. The only thing I know so far is the rumor is the year book is $70.00:scared:

Mac, Lynne and Robo so glad you had a good safe trip home and made it into the best trip that you could. Robo and Mac hope you are feeling better.

Patty, Schumi and Charade Have fun planning your next trip. It is so exciting no matter how many times you go.

I am glad that everyone here made it through any bad weather. I feel so sad for the people who lost so much in Michael.

I hope everyone has a great night and I will try and pop in tomorrow.:goodvibes

goodnight.jpg

Looks like all the homies I saw this last week are back home

Many sleeping in their own beds tonight

This trip was the first for me flying Delta
The flights were great and liked this airline

First time I had to do connecting flights but it was not bad at all

May or may not do it again
I had my flights early morning and gave myself extra time for connecting flight
Found out I could have booked flights closer together

Lesson learned

Landed 9 this morning and took a long nap before noon
Now hope I can sleep tonight as that nap was 5 hours long

Did dinner at Taco Bell

It was that or go grocery shopping

Our weather at home is cold for me
61 and I put the heat on in the house
Lol

Only was snubbed an hour before my cats would let me love on them

Will catch up on everyone later this weekend

Liv's school has done nothing for graduation. I am patiently waiting to be hit with the stuff. The only thing I know so far is the rumor is the year book is $70.00:scared:
Yep, that’s what I paid for B’s yearbook. The graduation stuff is crazy. In addition to cap/gown/tassel and announcements they have address labels, envelope seals, shirts, sweats, water bottles, picture frames, jewelry, and several other items I can’t think of right now. I only ordered the cap/gown/tassel and some announcements.

The other day I started thinking about what she will need next year for a dorm room and had to go do something else. It was all a bit overwhelming.

Bobbie, enjoy your niece`s wedding!!! Love a good wedding!!

mac, glad you made it home safely...….and Lynne too

Yep, Saturday again...……………..

Planning a quiet night in with The Greatest Showman and not much else.

Slept later than I planned this morning...…..was supposed to be up around 6 as everyone was coming for breakfast at 8.30. Slept till 6.30ish.....then had a moment of worry we wouldn't be ready in time......it would have been fine as they`re all good friends, but I like to be organized.....

It went well......set everything up in the kitchen rather than dining room, it was so nice. Good company, even at that early hour, food was plentiful and everyone enjoyed it.

Friends that are visiting their daughter in Orlando again were last to leave.....had to kick them out!!! Think they were here for the day...….but now on their way to stay overnight at Heathrow.

Lazy day ahead for us...…..cleared up kitchen and did few little jobs...…

Hope everyone has a great Saturday...…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter