Something About Nothing ... #12

didn't really like Fantastic Beasts very much.....but I don't like Eddie Redmayne...….will wait till it`s on the movie channels or dodgy disc...…..
Oh, not a fan of him either!
Looking at sales for sea world and Busch gardens...may pass to hubs to let his family know. We’ve been trying to get them to come with us on vacay and make memories not buy stuff for gifts.
I was just looking at the “Blue Friday” deals....may have to renew our passes again. It’s been 2 years since our last visit.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend & stays warm! I am off to play Bunco tonight with a new group of ladies. Hope they are fun, I am bringing tequila just in case.

Good evening Sans :wave:... The teens had a delay this morning we ended up with about 6 inches of snow:sad2:. It did warm up today and some of it melted. It is suppose to stay around the same temp for a bit in the 40's. I just keep dreaming of :flower1: and :beach:.

I wanted to share my vacation plans for this summer, since I have confirmed quite a bit now. The only thing I have to hope is that the teens don't end up with too many snow days. I have never been on a strict budget for vacations but unfortunately with being out of work finances are tight. This is all new to me. I decided to get more bang for our buck and only do the Sea World Parks. I will miss Universal this time but it will be there next time. However, Universal is in my heart, I really enjoy that vacation.

We are going to leave and drive to Florida the last week of June. I decided to drive again due to Liv's ears and we would have to rent a car anyway. Airfare for the 4 of us is a little expensive so drive it is. I am however, going to rent a car from Avis (thank you Mac for letting me in on the AARP discount.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2) We are going to get a Mini Van for a good deal. It is worth saving miles on my Pilot.

We will stop one night in South Carolina and on to Orlando. I know Liv really enjoyed Discovery Cove as did all of us. She wanted to go back there and this is her graduation gift. We are going to do Discovery Cove and then use the other sea world park tickets that come with it for the other days. I just scored a great Blue Friday deal for DC. I got the day pass with dolphin experience plus 3 park tickets and free parking to all the parks for $199.00 plus tax.:cool1: We went in the summer two years ago and I got less stuff for over $350.00. This is a great price for the summer. I may add the elite package with the cabana and photos at a late date.

Thanks to Gina, who is a long time poster, I found out about where she stays at the Shearaton Vistana Resort. I did research and spoke with her and really felt this was a great place for us to try. I have not rented a condo in several years. We booked a 2 BR 2 Bath condo for half the price of an on-site resort. I will be able to do some light cooking and laundry. The facilities are beautiful there from what I can see.

Last but not least we will be spending time neighborhood shopping for a place to live. I figured we need to come home knowing where we want so when I look at houses next winter I will be good. We will split the week up with the parks, resort and shopping.

There is one big surprise that Liv does not know about. I have had Disney reward points building for years. I was able to use them and book Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for one night.:woohoo:. This is one of her favorite resorts. We are not going to do any parks just two days at the resort. Oh and I booked the Savanna View.:goodvibes

I now have something to look forward too..It is funny how trip planning just helps you keep going in the down, slow times.

If more comes up I will love sharing with you. I know how everyone loves a good vacation. Oh and if anybody has restaurant ideas (more casual) in Orlando let me know. I usually don't eat off site here.:thanks:

Good evening everyone. We decided to rewatch the first Fantastic Beasts movie tonight before going to see the new one tomorrow. Thank goodness for Redbox.

Good luck at the dentist! Yay for a short visit!
Thanks. Another quick visit today. I never spend much time at the dentist’s office. Almost 51 years and still no cavities.

Hope the dentist was nothing bad charade
Nope, just the semi annual cleaning. I did have to get x-rays today. I really hate the bite wing x-rays. Apparently I have an abnormally small mouth. I have to remember to ask for the pediatric bite wings and they still hurt my mouth.

Although I’m curtailed in vacation planning for a bit- we want to sell house next year and downsize - so guess it’s time to focus on home improvement budget:rolleyes1
Dh has been bitten by the home improvement bug. He has a long list of things he wants done to the house. I need to remind him that we will have a kid in college for the next 4 years.

One of our local grocery stores has a stand in the store for the littles to have free fresh fruit. Nice change from offering cookies etc.
Our Kroger store does that too.

I am off to play Bunco tonight with a new group of ladies.
I miss my old Bunco group. We had so much fun.

There is one big surprise that Liv does not know about. I have had Disney reward points building for years. I was able to use them and book Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for one night.:woohoo:. This is one of her favorite resorts. We are not going to do any parks just two days at the resort. Oh and I booked the Savanna View.:goodvibes
I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom resort sometime, but I am just too cheap. I think a Seaworld vacation would be nice. We once did Discovery Cove and all the Seaworld parks plus Universal in one week and went out the the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. It was a bit much.

It’s after midnight and I have a long day planned for tomorrow. Good night all.

Oh Robo.......snow for you!!! Sending you some sunshine and heat......:sunny::sunny::sunny:

One of our leading supermarkets offers free fruit for kids instore.......but........doesn’t look as good as that picture!!! Kinda looks like stuff they can’t sell........nice idea though.........

Tgrgrl......hope you had a nice evening........

Bobbie.........some nice plans there........always good to have a trip plannned!!

Charade I feel your pain with small mouth issues..........although I have occasionally been told I have a big mouth......:laughing: when it comes to dental work I have an awful gag reflex.......so things like getting impressions or bite xrays are nigh on impossible.......my dentist is fabulous and does his best and uses children’s plastic trays to do them......but not fun.......it’s why I’m not gettting dental implants anytime soon........

Early Saturday morning for me........bacon later.......bought some special maple cured bacon yesterday......so having that this morning.......later though......far too early yet.......

No plans for today........some bits around the house and not much else.........need to start Christmas shopping for Scotland now we’re going up over Christmas.......I have next week and that’s it......won’t be braving the shopping crowds when we get back from Orlando.......too busy for me then.......so will plan my list and gift ideas today and get them all by end of next week........hopefully manage most with online shopping........

What do you get an 83 year old who doesn’t need anything??? I do have an Empire State Building calendar for her that we picked up in July, she likes them......so that’s at least one gift........

Time for cup of breakfast tea.........

I hear ya Schumi, my mum is 90, and also does not need a thing. Little food favorites, and maybe some linen items she may need refreshing. We also just give her our time to take her out to dinner, see a show, or just shopping where she wants.

33 as we start today, brr, but above freezing, so happy not as icy travels today. Errands and a movie, with a cool and cloudy day.

Bobbie, all those travel plans. Awesome! The parks are nice, and DC is always a great day. Sweet deals. And ooh, new house next year.

Time for tea, DH is getting ready to go about his day, kids are still asleep, so quiet house. Lovely. Will start some breakfast soon, so enjoy your Saturday all!

Good morning. I’m getting ready to head out to Richmond for the day. I’ve been trying to decide which kind of cheesecake I want. The restaurant and theater are located at a large shopping mall, so we may do a little shopping while we are there. I hope B gets some ideas of what she wants for Christmas. So far all she has asked for is a bookcase.

What do you get an 83 year old who doesn’t need anything???

I have this problem every year. I usually get my mom a gift card and it is almost always to Walmart. There are not a lot of shopping options where she lives.

Morning!!
French toast made and kept warm in oven. Going through liquor cabinet and taking stock...hmmm somehow that teeny bit of Baileys left in one bottle found its way into my coffee. Have an unopened bottle and needed the space in cabinet:rolleyes1.
Got most of the shopping for Tday done last night. Bribed the girls with dinner if they'd come-and since the 16 year old is fully licensed now the 21 year old and I had a large margarita with our Mexican dinner. We seemed to have hit timing right-was nearly 6 when we went to dinner but was seated right away. Lines of people waiting when we left. Store was short lines too-actually walked right into a checkout lane!
Few last minute produce items to get and have my timeline and prep worked out. I actually like cooking and planning Thanksgiving dinner, but I also really enjoyed the break last year too.
.and need to get our hotel booked for going to Scotland for Christmas.........wasn’t sure if Kyle had the 27th off too and he does, so we can go up now......
Oh how nice Kyle has time off to spend with you! Yes fingers crossed weather cooperates!!

what my Dsis saw yesterday, on the highway
Oh wow!! for real?

We’d be your best guests!
Any time!! We have lots of locally owned restaurants and wine shops so I'd expect we'd have some fun :flower1:. And Silver Dollar City has a couple of the top roller coasters too!

ne of our local grocery stores has a stand in the store for the littles to have free fresh fruit. Nice change from offering cookies etc. Hope your family are getting better with the colds. Lemon drop martinis sounds like a nice medicinal for sure.
Love when stores do this! My kids like it too. Course they just like food. Take them to Sam's club when samples are out and I do shopping in peace AND don't have to feed them...But my bill is higher as many of the items sampled end up in cart too!

Thanks to Gina, who is a long time poster, I found out about where she stays at the Shearaton Vistana Resort. I did research and spoke with her and really felt this was a great place for us to try. I have not rented a condo in several years. We booked a 2 BR 2 Bath condo for half the price of an on-site resort. I will be able to do some light cooking and laundry. The facilities are beautiful there from what I can see.
The Sheraton Vistana is a great resort. We have our favorites too-currently Marriott Cypress Harbour-I'd live there if I could!

I was able to use them and book Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for one night.
Oh my gosh she is gonna LOVE it!! We stayed 3 nights for our anniversary in August-Nothing compares to walking out onto balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras and ostriches!!! And such good food all throughout! Jiko is edging out Sanaa as my favorite place!

What do you get an 83 year old who doesn’t need anything??? I do have an Empire State Building calendar for her that we picked up in July, she likes them......so that’s at least one gift....
I have that issue with most of my family-I've been doing subscription boxes or events. Like for my sis in law and her husband I got them a coffee subscription box one year as they both love coffee (like some people like wine).

Laundry started, and think oldest wants to go to Farmers market too. Since it is a nice day and mild out it will be a good day to go!

Happy Saturday!

I decided to get more bang for our buck and only do the Sea World Parks

We love Sea World! We are getting AP's so we can visit often next year!!:thumbsup2

You'll love the Vistana! We just returned from there when we were down for the weekend a few weeks ago. We had a 1BR for Joe and I. We met up with Gina & Steve. Their 2BR was amazing!! So much room!! The dressing area next to the master bath was so nice!! We'd love to stay there again!!:goodvibes The resort is beautiful!!

. I was able to use them and book Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for one night.:woohoo:

:cool1: How nice!! We stayed there club level quite a few years ago. It was amazing to wake up and see the animals from your balcony:)

Nice plans, Bobbie! Liv will love her graduation trip!! :thumbsup2

Dreary here again! Wash and cleaning today! Nothing exciting here!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

05824a493fb1ecc98ce9cfa9639dd68a.jpeg

Afternoon Sans family :goodvibes...It's weird around the house today, both Liv and Charlie working all day! Brian and I are going to use a gift card to Texas Roadhouse that I got last year for my birthday. We have never been there but heard good things about it. It's a little warmer here today with sun :cool1:. Winter hasn't even started and I am done.:laughing:

Scumi That is so wonderful you can spend Christmas with your son :D. I hope all the weather holds up for your Christmas plans with traveling.

Monykalyn Wow! What a wonderful fundraising event:thumbsup2. It feels so nice to be able to help so many charities. I have done fund raising in the past and it is a lot of work but feels great!

Tgrgrl lol that story was of my dad! Brian sounds just like your DH! :laughing:

Robo I hope you get some warmth and sun. Our supermarket has the same type of set up for free fruit for the kids in the front. However, they also have free cookies in the bakery section:-)

Patty I didn't realize you stayed at the Vistana too, I knew you were meeting up with Gina. Thanks for the good reviews I have been so worried.:) I hear you besides lunch it's cleaning time!

Lynne I hope you enjoy your movie and weather.:D

Thanks everyone for the replies on my plans. It is so nice to share and have good feedback. :thumbsup2

I am off :wave: to the rest of the family. I hope everybody has a great rest of the day!

Lynne and Charade...yes, it is difficult for people who need nor covet much.........she absolutely has everything.....so it’s the calendar, some murder type books that she is such a fan of...and maybe a weeekend away just her and I....she ‘ll like that.......the hotel we stay at over Christmas is a luxury spa so maybe there......

Bobbie......Kyle is still at home so we’d be spending Christmas with him regardless of whether we go to Scotland or not.......:thumbsup2 we are incredibly lucky.........

MonyK......sounds good!!! Like your Thanksgiving, I love preparing Christmas, so enjoyable as cooking is so much fun.......but it’s nice to have a year off......we usually have a Boxing Day get together with a whole load of our friends....usually around 30 or more where I prepare everything although most bring some kind of contribution.....but everyone is now gutted it’s not on this year.......lol.......oh dear!! I got one text from a friend today with just a load of ??????? They’ll get over it.........yep, nice to have a year off........

Ended up a lovely day......so, one friend decided a load of us would meet at our local, have a couple of drinks, then back to theirs for a winter bbq.........they have two massive outdoor grills......it was fun! Well wrappped up fun........made our way inside around seven..........good get together........and load of nice food too......I was one of the cold one s huddled round their patio heaters!

Almost bedtime here.......

Yep MonyK, a real camel. He was being transported to a show in the City, but his ride broke down, so they left him by the side of the road until another truck could take him, and I heard they were so late, and the weather bad, he was returned to his barn, which is just North of where my Dsis lives.

Movie was good, lots of Easter eggs for those well versed in the Potter lore. Was also a tad too long. 2 and 1/2 hours, so was long.

Now just relaxing, did some errands with my Dsis and the kids were good sports with all the places we went to. Picked up some gifts for Christmas, so happy about that. Busyin stores and on the road, as storm left, above freezing, and roads are clear and mostly dry, so all wanted to get out of the house.

Yep MonyK, a real camel. He was being transported to a show in the City, but his ride broke down, so they left him by the side of the road until another truck could take him, and I heard they were so late, and the weather bad, he was returned to his barn, which is just North of where my Dsis lives.

Movie was good, lots of Easter eggs for those well versed in the Potter lore. Was also a tad too long. 2 and 1/2 hours, so was long.

Now just relaxing, did some errands with my Dsis and the kids were good sports with all the places we went to. Picked up some gifts for Christmas, so happy about that. Busyin stores and on the road, as storm left, above freezing, and roads are clear and mostly dry, so all wanted to get out of the house.

Glad you got some Christmas things shopping........I’m planning to be quick and get as much as I can tomorrow......I detest crowds and even worse Sales........I avoid them like the plague, but some places have pre Christmas sales on in December.......so will get everything out of the way before then........sales are horrible........no bargain is worth that rabble...........

Wonder if the Dis has stopped going down for 90 minutes every morning around 9am our time in the UK.......seems to be visible last few days at that time.......that would be a big improvement.

Off to test drive another Porsche today........not the small sporty ones, the bigger SUV type........

Will have lunch first..........then head out and do some grocery shopping too........spicy shrimp in a wrap for Tom and I for lunch......grilled cheese sandwich for Kyle.........not a big shrimp fan.

Have a great Sunday........

Good morning. We had a good day yesterday. I ate way too much at the Cheesecake Factory. I guess it’s a good thing that the closest one is 2 hours away. We wandered through the mall, but didn’t buy anything. We stopped at the Apple store to look at the newest phones. B was actually annoyed at how much time we spent there. What teenager isn’t interested in getting a new phone? We are thinking about upgrading next month and probably switching carriers. The movie was good but left us with some unanswered questions.

Schumi, I need to start Christmas shopping too. I also have dh’s birthday to shop for. I think I will be doing most of my shopping online this year.

I think today is going to be a quiet, uneventful day. B has to be at her old elementary school at 2:00 for a group senior yearbook picture. They do one at each of the elementary schools that feed into her high school.

Last edited:
Cheesecake Factory is so tempting Charade........not my favourite place, but always decent..........glad you had a nice day.......

Yes, I’ll be doing as much online shopping as I can.......although will make a start tomorrow......

Weirdly, never knew my sister was a rum drinker! Found that out last night........:scratchin

Had good drive of the Porsche today........think I like it! Decisions.........::yes::

Having honey, spicy bbq chicken tonight......sounds a mish mash.......but it works well........roasted mini baby potatoes and some kind of veg.......no dessert........ice cream I think.

We see those Porsche and Mercedes SUVs around every day.

Out with older one, our Sunday errand and shopping day.

We see those Porsche and Mercedes SUVs around every day.

I would hope so!

They’re just cars at the end of the day......nice though!

We love our Mercedes...... but have driven them forever, so fancy a change and the new Porsche is nice!

We’ll see.......

Dinner was lovely.........watching Back to the Future right now.........

Good Sunday all!

Storm rolled thru, we had ice & inches of white stuff. Down the mountain & into Pittsburgh, barely a dusting. Folks less than a mile up hill from us still have no power/heat due to lines down from ice forming on foliage still on trees. Hit or miss but rather wide spread further out into country you go. Still, it’s cold enough that a week is way too long without utilities IMO.

‘Catered’ youngest DSs Friendsgiving, from all accounts a big hit and a nice dry-run for me holding my dinner there this week. That whole remote cooking thing adds a whole ‘nuther layer of stress lol

Making some turkey soup to use up carcasses & wings since football, football galore. Was going to clean up the house but not feeling it. GD a the doubledare show in town, getting dropped afterwards...will hand her back to parents Wednesday evening. Planning on putting her to work hehe

Mac is MIA? Yoo-hoo :wave:come out & play

Good evening everyone. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes for B. I still can’t believe it has been 18 years already.

The news is acting like we are supposed to get the storm of the century tomorrow. We are currently under a winter storm warning. I think we are expecting mostly freezing rain. Most of the local school systems have already announced a 2 hour delay tomorrow. Our county still hasn’t posted anything. They will probably wait until 5:00 in the morning to make an announcement.

I’m going to try to get some sleep. Good night all.

A milestone event, happy happy to ur DD

I wish I could say we only get snow a few days a year. I really have gotten to the point where I really dislike it. I can't find anything good about it.

Fast cars are so fun. However, I will remember a time many years ago I had to follow my father home from NY he was picking up a car he bought. He had a Mercedes and I was able to drive it. My father was driving a corvette. Well my whole life my father has been a very fast driver. More tickets than I can count. I figured he would go slow with me following him. Nope he went about 100 to 110 on the highway :eek:. I had to follow because I didn't know where I was going. Back in those days no GPS or phones. Once we got into our state I slowed down and went at my speed. I try to stay near the speed limit. It really was one of the scariest times I had driving.

I never find anything other than the canned cranberry sauce in the stores. It has so much sugar and other stuff I am trying to avoid. The bagged cranberries are so good and I am able to supplement regular sugar with my Xylitol sweetner.

Thanks I am excited to share them:goodvibes

Glad that the tickets for your trip went through.:thumbsup2 I think it is so exciting when you get those tickets and the vacation is in plan mode.

I still pick up a can here & there, whole for chicken receipt but already have mine made so flavors can ‘bloom’.

Good evening Sans :wave:... The teens had a delay this morning we ended up with about 6 inches of snow:sad2:. It did warm up today and some of it melted. It is suppose to stay around the same temp for a bit in the 40's. I just keep dreaming of :flower1: and :beach:.

I wanted to share my vacation plans for this summer, since I have confirmed quite a bit now. The only thing I have to hope is that the teens don't end up with too many snow days. I have never been on a strict budget for vacations but unfortunately with being out of work finances are tight. This is all new to me. I decided to get more bang for our buck and only do the Sea World Parks. I will miss Universal this time but it will be there next time. However, Universal is in my heart, I really enjoy that vacation.

We are going to leave and drive to Florida the last week of June. I decided to drive again due to Liv's ears and we would have to rent a car anyway. Airfare for the 4 of us is a little expensive so drive it is. I am however, going to rent a car from Avis (thank you Mac for letting me in on the AARP discount.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2) We are going to get a Mini Van for a good deal. It is worth saving miles on my Pilot.

We will stop one night in South Carolina and on to Orlando. I know Liv really enjoyed Discovery Cove as did all of us. She wanted to go back there and this is her graduation gift. We are going to do Discovery Cove and then use the other sea world park tickets that come with it for the other days. I just scored a great Blue Friday deal for DC. I got the day pass with dolphin experience plus 3 park tickets and free parking to all the parks for $199.00 plus tax.:cool1: We went in the summer two years ago and I got less stuff for over $350.00. This is a great price for the summer. I may add the elite package with the cabana and photos at a late date.

Last but not least we will be spending time neighborhood shopping for a place to live. I figured we need to come home knowing where we want so when I look at houses next winter I will be good. We will split the week up with the parks, resort and shopping.

I now have something to look forward too..It is funny how trip planning just helps you keep going in the down, slow times.

If more comes up I will love sharing with you. I know how everyone loves a good vacation. Oh and if anybody has restaurant ideas (more casual) in Orlando let me know. I usually don't eat off site here.:thanks:

Sounds like a great trip in the making.

Check out the blue friday deals already posted, nice deal on BOGO all you can eat meal plans @ SW

We were courted by Sheraton to visit SVR approx 10 ago, couldn’t pass up the deal 4 nights for $100 lol. The Cascades (newest then) section was nice, try to find out in what section you will be placed...not to cast ‘shade’ on anyone’s vacation home, but they are not all equal as to appearance/condition IMO. Passed on buying and added onto DVC, but often you can find a great deal on the rentals via VRBO, etc.; even thru the TA that sponsors this site.

We love Sea World! We are getting AP's so we can visit often next year!!:thumbsup2

You'll love the Vistana! We just returned from there when we were down for the weekend a few weeks ago. We had a 1BR for Joe and I. We met up with Gina & Steve. Their 2BR was amazing!! So much room!! The dressing area next to the master bath was so nice!! We'd love to stay there again!!:goodvibes The resort is beautiful!!

:cool1: How nice!! We stayed there club level quite a few years ago. It was amazing to wake up and see the animals from your balcony:)

Nice plans, Bobbie! Liv will love her graduation trip!! :thumbsup2

Dreary here again! Wash and cleaning today! Nothing exciting here!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

05824a493fb1ecc98ce9cfa9639dd68a.jpeg

Do you remember what section of SVR in which you were placed?

SW’s AP pricing is amazing, not much more than two visits. Love the perks (APH lounge/restaurant open again yea!) and the discounts on DC & tours, along with occasional free tix for guests is hard to beat.

I already can’t wait for the next one. I want some answers.

This one was big improvement over the first one but I agree with Lynne, pacing was off in spots, needed some editing.

My man Johnny Deep was amaze balls! Zoe Kravitz shined too.

Cheesecake Factory is so tempting Charade........not my favourite place, but always decent..........glad you had a nice day.......

Yes, I’ll be doing as much online shopping as I can.......although will make a start tomorrow......

Weirdly, never knew my sister was a rum drinker! Found that out last night........:scratchin

Had good drive of the Porsche today........think I like it! Decisions.........::yes::

Having honey, spicy bbq chicken tonight......sounds a mish mash.......but it works well........roasted mini baby potatoes and some kind of veg.......no dessert........ice cream I think.

A healthy salad Or soup helps take the sting out of their cheesecake’s calories. I’m glad it’s a road trip to nearest one , don’t even want to know how many calories in a slab.

I’m at the elementary school waiting for the group picture to be taken. The kids are now returning to their cars. Where is mine? On the swing set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter