Something About Nothing ... #12

Welcome to our newest homie tygerlilly, congrats on your upcoming wedding.

:bday: to you bobbie...hope your head feels better and you can enjoy your day.

Carole...love the beach pics.

Patty...love the selfie and the drink pics and :cheer2:yay for making it to warmer weather :sunny:

Lynne and Janet...hope you both are on the mend soon...take care :goodvibes

Charade...congrats to B on her prom date...enjoy this precious time.

Sue...hope your furnace is in and keeping you warm tonight.

Mac...has the rain made it to your neck of the woods tonight? We're expecting some any minute.

I confess that I did eat more than a few of my m & m's last night...hard to resist an open container of goodness.

Chicken tenders, sweet potato fries and riced cauliflower for dinner. Not much on TV tonight so I'm watching House Hunters....I'll probably go to bed early since I have to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great night :cat:

Vicki
We need an ark
Jk

Yea last two weeks have been rainy here
We get rain for 3 days straight then a break for a couple of days
Creek at the bottom of our ridge almost at street level

Peeps up north get snow, and I can live with us getting rain
At least it is not cold here

You making any Orlando trips before September?

I would love to go for the Mardi Gras stuff but not likely since my long delayed roof replacement is reaching a must do level. I have put it off way too long and now have a tarp over the entire roof so I have to spend megabucks asap.

I hate it when real life interferes with my darkside addiction.

Thanks Tink. Our furnace is fine, still keeping us warm, but 30 yrs old and husband thinks we should replace before it quits at an inconvenient time.
Lenox guy came today with estimates. American Standard guy coming either tomorrow or Monday. I just phoned him this afternoon. I want to get a couple of estimates before we commit to something. They’re pretty pricey. I’d rather spend the $$$$ on something more fun! Like my vacay!

Oh Tink and Sue, I hear ya on spending money on house items. Yeah, no Spring trip as need to save for new AC, and then we got little one’s college bill. Oh my. I think I will call every so often and pay off my fall trip. That one I really need, and may push off another Holiday trip until next year.

Hope all are doing well. Nasty cough and sore throat still. And since I have been asleep for two days, why I am up at this hour? Ugh. Trying to at least try rest some more. Have not eaten for 2 days either, so may sneak down and make some tea. Hydrate. I have tried, went back to sleep after drinking some water.

Later homies.

Hey Vicki.....sorry about the roof!!! Things like that aren't fun to spend our money on!! Mardi Gras would be so much better.....I`d have eaten the candy too!!!!

Lynne, sorry you`re still poorly!! Hope the tea helped and you`re sleeping like a baby right now.....

Saturday again......and I have washing out on the line :laundy:.....I think this may be the earliest in the year I have ever been able to hang it outside.....cool breeze coming off the sea, but sun is shining so it should all dry nicely...I love getting it out on the line to dry.

Got all the wooden and tiled floors washed this morning while Tom vacuumed those rooms that have carpet.....and bathrooms all completely done, well two of them. Other ones I`ll do tomorrow….don't want to be doing too much in one day!!!

Tonight is hot and spicy chicken curry as Kyle is out for dinner, and plan to watch a movie on Amazon Prime we found.....supposed to be scary...…

Have a great Saturday....….:)

Morning all! Ever wake up and have absoutely no plan for the day? Well, taking first dr-approved shower since Thursday am (that 48 hours ban is pretty gross lol) this evening will feel like a vacation! Probably more so if I whip up a hurricane like Patty

Bobbie - hope the migrane went poof and you had a lovely birthday!:)

Charade - it all worked out for DD, hooray. That whole prom proposal thing always mystified me but seems like so many choose to share their moments on social media it’s become commonplace (engagements, baby reveals, etc.). To each their own I suppose.

I would love to go for the Mardi Gras stuff but not likely since my long delayed roof replacement is reaching a must do level. I have put it off way too long and now have a tarp over the entire roof so I have to spend megabucks asap.

I hate it when real life interferes with my darkside addiction.

Indeed, sorry. You are taking it on the chin pretty well. Hope you find a honest contractor, so many so shady.

Lynne that’s one nasty bug you have! Hope you’re feeling better soon. Yes, all these expenses, ugh. And I still have one more tuition to pay, only the one for 3 extra classes she decided to take over summer to get a criminology diploma in addition to her Bachelors.

Schumi I think I’ll be vacuuming today but no hanging wash out! Snow still on the ground, a wet sloppy mess with yesterday’s rain, yuck. Brother-in-law coming for dinner, having chicken curry with broccoli.

Tink hope you get your roof soon! Another not fun expense! We had ours done plus garage around 4 yrs ago.

Keishashadow yay for no pain!

Enjoy that shower Keisha........it’ll feel marvellous!!! No hurricanes here tonight.......we decided to have wine......

Sue, enjoy the curry......mine has been simmering all day in the AGA........the aroma is marvellous!! I think I might have added a lot of chilli as Tom wandered through and when he came back through this side of the house, he said he had the chilli cough when he walked into the kitchen!!! Oops.......love it though!

Shame your weather still sucks.......when does it begin to pick up? I’ve managed to get 3 loads washed, dried, ironed where necessary and put past.....love when laundry gets done like that........

My nephew is in Orlando right now and enjoyed Mardi Gras last night.......said it was really good!! This is their first time at MG at Universal.......they’re staying at Portofino for a week before heading back to Gaylord Palms.....think that’s their favourite hotel......he sent me some beautiful pictures of the floats and some are incredibly impressive this year!!! His photographs are excellent........

And they had the Bayou Boil.....said it was beautiful........And they bought one of the tasting lanyards on offer this year....said it was worth the cost.......think we might do that Bayou Boil........::yes::

Off to check on my curry........I did try to make naan breads.......didn’t work out. So, will make rice and we have some shop bought poppadoms with three different pickles............:thumbsup2

Schumi I think it looks like weather will start clearing by the 26 th or 27th! I see sun icon and mid 30’s. Still not wash hanging weather but at least sun is out. Looks like we’re having 2 more snowfalls before that!

It’s almost 8:00 am here and I’m thinking about getting up and having a cup of coffee. That first cup is the best of the day!

Schumi I think it looks like weather will start clearing by the 26 th or 27th! I see sun icon and mid 30’s. Still not wash hanging weather but at least sun is out. Looks like we’re having 2 more snowfalls before that!

It’s almost 8:00 am here and I’m thinking about getting up and having a cup of coffee. That first cup is the best of the day!

Lol.....so funny you’re just starting your day with breakfast and Tom just poured me a rather small glass of wine.......just after 4pm here........cocktail hour!! Couple of hours till dinner......:) I’ve put out some spicy olives and few little other hor d oeuvre’s....doesn’t exactly go with curry, but hey.....a snack is a snack.........will have some later when we watch the movie........hope it’s as scary as it’s suposed to be.

Hope you don’t get much snow......you’ll be glad to see the other side of this winter I’m sure.......

:tiptoe: Im quietly tiptoeing back into this thread to say Hi and that I have really missed all of youse....

:(:guilty: my apologies for 'ghosting' as the kids today say. The short of it is I struggled emotionally after vacation, and had lots going on in life that really thru me for a loop. Grief is strange thing and when you least expect it, it knocks you down hard. Please accept my deepest apologies for disappearing.

:rolleyes1 Anyway- I've thought of all of you often (and maybe even lurked a little, OK alot). I've been too ashamed to post for a long time. But Im feeling much more like myself and wanted to stop in and 'see' everyone.

Wishing all of you a great Saturday :flower1:

:tiptoe: Im quietly tiptoeing back into this thread to say Hi and that I have really missed all of youse....

:(:guilty: my apologies for 'ghosting' as the kids today say. The short of it is I struggled emotionally after vacation, and had lots going on in life that really thru me for a loop. Grief is strange thing and when you least expect it, it knocks you down hard. Please accept my deepest apologies for disappearing.

:rolleyes1 Anyway- I've thought of all of you often (and maybe even lurked a little, OK alot). I've been too ashamed to post for a long time. But Im feeling much more like myself and wanted to stop in and 'see' everyone.

Wishing all of you a great Saturday :flower1:

Welcome back.......it’s lovely to see you here again!!! You were missed!!!

People come and go here all the time.......I did wonder how you were getting on........no need to apologise :flower3:.....I hope life is getting back on an even keel for you now.......it can be tough at times.......

Don’t be a stranger and again, welcome back.......:)

I hope to read all in the thread and catch up today

Had an incident happen Thursday afternoon and thought I could deal with it
Unable to sleep last night so up at 5:30 and off for emergency care

Broke bones in the foot for the second time but these breaks were in other places

3 weeks with the walking boot and all should be good again
I’m sure a few days from now, I’ll be
pain free
I’ve been down this road before
Lol

:tiptoe: Im quietly tiptoeing back into this thread to say Hi and that I have really missed all of youse.:flower1:

Ckmiles, I love when homies come back home here !

I have always said once a person posts in this thread, they are family and a part of us

I’m glad you have returned back “home” here

Life gets hard and lonely for some of us
Totally understand that

You have been thought of and missed and happy to see you here!

Saturday already? and yet the week seemed to also drag...
"Snow" day yesterday as we were expected to get nasty mix, moved my work day from Friday to Monday due to projected condition of roads. And of course roads were fine until last evening>:( Better safe than sorry I suppose, but now I have zero flexibility for upcoming week and Tue/Wed could get dicey. DD21 came into town Thursday night though, so got to spend time with her: did some errands, got her car an oil change (among other things-that $35 oil change turned into a $200 car maintenance visit:sad2:). And DD16 did test positive for Influenza A. On Tamiflu and starting to feel bit better. School doesn't resume until Tuesday, so she will have 6 days off, and yet only missed 2 days of school.
Right now we're planning to be in Orlando 9/27-10/5. Do you have a fall trip planned?
Yeah so far 9/19-23. Hoping those dates hold up once band schedule comes out, as I got such a great rate at the new Endless summer resort I'd hate to change it. And HRH is beautiful! nice to see the pics!

But, did get a bottle of champagne, just because it`s Thursday not for Valentine`s Day......lol
Thursday was so busy hubs forgot he got me flowers until Friday am :rotfl:.

Was it crockpots or instant pots? Lol
This one was in the Le Cruset pot. But i did cook my stew meat for the chili I made yesterday in instant pot, then added to stove pot.

Oooo Appletini sounds yummy, does that count as hydration?
::yes::::yes::::yes::

I gave everyone a box of chocolates from by favorite chocolate shop as they left. They seemed as thrilled to get them as I was giving them. I have really great neighbors here.
Very nice! sounds like a great time!

Sorry about the tide warning sign sticking out of the side of Tom`s head...
Great pics though! Lovely areas you have by you!

I have had a tough week and not been able to do much. I was thinking of everyone and miss chatting with you
:grouphug: Hope it is going better now!

Off to do more boring, mundane house stuff.
I am procrastinating doing the mundane stuff! Actually have done some work work and volunteer work (Chili cookoff one week from today!)

Found a package of meatballs & sauce in freezer, a win.
Always!! ALthough I can't keep the sauce in the freezer anymore as the kids will thaw and eat it like soup...

I stopped by the school this afternoon to drop off a case of water for the band students. B didn’t have much time to talk, but did tell me that the boy asked at lunch today and she said yes. She said he simply asked and didn’t do one of those silly prom proposals. He did give her this though.

2ed73aw.jpg

I stopped by Kroger on the way home and bought a bud vase.

When I gave her the case of water I jokingly told her that she should have brought some muscle with her. A few minutes later a boy walked up to us and asked if he could take the water inside for her. I wish our news media could see kids like this instead of the few who do things that give the school a bad name.
Yay for B!!!! And yes-far far more good kids than the couple rotten apples out there! Our schools and media are trying to actively highlight the good over the bad, but it is the random acts that are hard to catch, like when my son told me he didn't have the change from the extra field trip money I'd sent with him as he bought his friend lunch (when he realized friend didn't have enough). Or the semester I couldn't figure out why middle kids lunch account seemed to deplete money rapidly (was buying her friend lunch nearly every day due to her home situation not settled). Neither of the kids told me what they were doing-only found out when I asked. Using this as an example because my kids don't tell me what they do, but will tell me the nice things their friends do. So yes I really do believe the vast majority of kids are better than what is commonly represented.

I confess that I did eat more than a few of my m & m's last night...hard to resist an open container of goodness.
Sweet! And the container is sweet as well :)
I hate it when real life interferes with my darkside addiction
::yes::::yes::::yes:: Me too!! I confess I still looked at a quick trip in April. But really can't justify it, especially if DD21 ends up back at Disney again this summer...

Have not eaten for 2 days either, so may sneak down and make some tea. Hydrate. I have tried, went back to sleep after drinking some water.
Ugh hope you are feeling better soon!

Anyway- I've thought of all of you often (and maybe even lurked a little, OK alot). I've been too ashamed to post for a long time. But Im feeling much more like myself and wanted to stop in and 'see' everyone.
Hello!!!!

And my @Tygerlilly quote didn't come through so :wave2::wave2: Hello!! When is the universal-moon? Looking at the fall? Love the HP areas of the parks, but the rest is pretty fun too.

Warm enough for the ice to melt - moved DD21 car into garage last night as it was solidly coated in a good 1/4 inch of ice. almost didn't get a door open to start car (and had to run it 10 minutes before ice soft enough to chop out a spot in windshield to see to pull into garage. She had to leave this am fairly early to get back to work.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. Did shopping and meal planning so no real excuse to not cook...

I hope to read all in the thread and catch up today

Had an incident happen Thursday afternoon and thought I could deal with it
Unable to sleep last night so up at 5:30 and off for emergency care

Broke bones in the foot for the second time but these breaks were in other places

3 weeks with the walking boot and all should be good again
I’m sure a few days from now, I’ll be
pain free
I’ve been down this road before
Lol

Oh not again!!! Feel better soon, hope it’s not too painful and heals quickly!!!

Saturday already? and yet the week seemed to also drag...
"Snow" day yesterday as we were expected to get nasty mix, moved my work day from Friday to Monday due to projected condition of roads. And of course roads were fine until last evening>:( Better safe than sorry I suppose, but now I have zero flexibility for upcoming week and Tue/Wed could get dicey. DD21 came into town Thursday night though, so got to spend time with her: did some errands, got her car an oil change (among other things-that $35 oil change turned into a $200 car maintenance visit:sad2:). And DD16 did test positive for Influenza A. On Tamiflu and starting to feel bit better. School doesn't resume until Tuesday, so she will have 6 days off, and yet only missed 2 days of school.

Yeah so far 9/19-23. Hoping those dates hold up once band schedule comes out, as I got such a great rate at the new Endless summer resort I'd hate to change it. And HRH is beautiful! nice to see the pics!

Thursday was so busy hubs forgot he got me flowers until Friday am :rotfl:.

This one was in the Le Cruset pot. But i did cook my stew meat for the chili I made yesterday in instant pot, then added to stove pot.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Very nice! sounds like a great time!

Great pics though! Lovely areas you have by you!

:grouphug: Hope it is going better now!

I am procrastinating doing the mundane stuff! Actually have done some work work and volunteer work (Chili cookoff one week from today!)

Always!! ALthough I can't keep the sauce in the freezer anymore as the kids will thaw and eat it like soup...

Yay for B!!!! And yes-far far more good kids than the couple rotten apples out there! Our schools and media are trying to actively highlight the good over the bad, but it is the random acts that are hard to catch, like when my son told me he didn't have the change from the extra field trip money I'd sent with him as he bought his friend lunch (when he realized friend didn't have enough). Or the semester I couldn't figure out why middle kids lunch account seemed to deplete money rapidly (was buying her friend lunch nearly every day due to her home situation not settled). Neither of the kids told me what they were doing-only found out when I asked. Using this as an example because my kids don't tell me what they do, but will tell me the nice things their friends do. So yes I really do believe the vast majority of kids are better than what is commonly represented.

Sweet! And the container is sweet as well :)

::yes::::yes::::yes:: Me too!! I confess I still looked at a quick trip in April. But really can't justify it, especially if DD21 ends up back at Disney again this summer...

Ugh hope you are feeling better soon!

Hello!!!!

And my @Tygerlilly quote didn't come through so :wave2::wave2: Hello!! When is the universal-moon? Looking at the fall? Love the HP areas of the parks, but the rest is pretty fun too.

Warm enough for the ice to melt - moved DD21 car into garage last night as it was solidly coated in a good 1/4 inch of ice. almost didn't get a door open to start car (and had to run it 10 minutes before ice soft enough to chop out a spot in windshield to see to pull into garage. She had to leave this am fairly early to get back to work.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. Did shopping and meal planning so no real excuse to not cook...

Better late than never with the flowers!!!

Your poor daughter......another one I hope feels better soon......flu is no fun ever!

Chilli cook off has come around again!!! I remember you doing so well last year.........and glad to see your September dates.......hopefully we’ll catch a drink together again........

Oh there’s always an excuse not to cook :D........have a great evening :)

Curry was delicious!! And hot........I made treble so have another 2 meals to freeze for another time.....

I made a sticky toffee pudding and made custard from scratch today.......no room yet for it......we need a laying like a beached whale on a sofa smilie.......that’s about us right now......one on each one sprawled out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter