Something About Nothing ... #12

Ack, MonyK, weather and sick kid.

Still not feeling as good as I should be. Did eat some for lunch, so slowly getting my appetite back. Most food and their smell, just made me feel icky. If I cannot clear my lungs and take the soreness out of my throat in a few more days, will call the doctor. Do not think it is a flu strain, but a very nasty chest and head cold.

Went dress shopping, with apparently twenty million other senior girls that had the same idea, so was a grab for dresses and walk to other side of store to try on. Left with nothing. But I think she was happy to see dresses had not seen before. Still eyeing those red soled shoes. Um, not any time soon.

Ckmiles, so glad to see ya post, and very sorry to hear of all. Do not feel bad in the least for not posting until you could.

Mac, oh no. Hope your foot gets better quick. No more jumping over those cats. LOL

Resting now. Was a very sun filled day so far, though almost take your breath away cold.

Enjoy your Saturday night all.

I hope to read all in the thread and catch up today

Had an incident happen Thursday afternoon and thought I could deal with it
Unable to sleep last night so up at 5:30 and off for emergency care

Broke bones in the foot for the second time but these breaks were in other places

3 weeks with the walking boot and all should be good again
I’m sure a few days from now, I’ll be
pain free
I’ve been down this road before
Lol
oh no! Hope it heals quickly and your pain free! I spent time in an air cast/ walking boot just when the Olympics were here in Vancouver, ugh. I really wanted to go downtown to take it all in. So many things set up in plazas, big screen TVs, etc. But I just couldn’t be walking that much.

Monykalyn hope the Tamiflu works and daughter feeling better soon.

Schumi dinner sounds great, love the beached whale analogy lol. Been there! It’s almost 5:30 here. Brother-in-law just walked in! Better go.

Lynne hope you pick up soon.

Have a great Saturday night all.

Hello everyone. I don’t know where the day went. We didn’t really do much of anything today. The day started out cold and rainy. I didn’t want to leave the house, but had to take B to school for band practice. The only other productive thing we did was to install a new printer for the house. Our old one stopped communicating with the computer, or so we thought. We eventually discovered that our desktop computer had somehow become connected to a WiFi network that was not ours. Don’t know how that happened. We decided to keep the new printer anyway.

I got a little more information about the boy that B is going to the prom with. He’s not one of the kids that she grew up with. He’s only been at her school since 2017. They had a couple of classes together last year. I finally saw some pictures tonight. He’s kind of cute.

We have lots of wild life here too, deers, our neighbourhood backs onto a mountain
We get a lot of deer where I live too. My house backs up to a farm with a small amount of woods in between. We occasionally get deer wandering through our backyard.

Let the games begin! The scammers are starting already with the fake tax calls saying I must phone immediately or I will be arrested. I think I’ll go turn on the outside lights for them! Can’t have any fun with them, now it’s all recordings :laughing: I think they’re starting early! Our taxes not due until 4/30!
I just filed our taxes a few days ago. I hope I don’t get any of the scam calls.

I confess that I did eat more than a few of my m & m's last night...hard to resist an open container of goodness.
The problem with M & Ms is that they are so small it is so easy to eat too many before you realize it. Bite size food is very dangerous.

I would love to go for the Mardi Gras stuff but not likely since my long delayed roof replacement is reaching a must do level. I have put it off way too long and now have a tarp over the entire roof so I have to spend megabucks asap.

I hate it when real life interferes with my darkside addiction.
Ah, the necessary evils of home ownership. I think we have a few more years, but I know we will need to replace our roof in the near future.

Hope all are doing well. Nasty cough and sore throat still. And since I have been asleep for two days, why I am up at this hour? Ugh. Trying to at least try rest some more. Have not eaten for 2 days either, so may sneak down and make some tea. Hydrate. I have tried, went back to sleep after drinking some water.
Hope you were able to get some more sleep.

Morning all! Ever wake up and have absoutely no plan for the day? Well, taking first dr-approved shower since Thursday am (that 48 hours ban is pretty gross lol) this evening will feel like a vacation! Probably more so if I whip up a hurricane like Patty
Unplanned days can be the best days. I know you were happy to get that shower.

Charade - it all worked out for DD, hooray. That whole prom proposal thing always mystified me but seems like so many choose to share their moments on social media it’s become commonplace (engagements, baby reveals, etc.). To each their own I suppose.
B says she hasn’t seen any of the over the top proposals yet. I’m hoping they are going out of fashion. Have your seen the video of the “millennial marriage proposal”? It’s really funny.

my apologies for 'ghosting' as the kids today say. The short of it is I struggled emotionally after vacation, and had lots going on in life that really thru me for a loop. Grief is strange thing and when you least expect it, it knocks you down hard. Please accept my deepest apologies for disappearing.
Welcome back and no apologies necessary. You need to take care of yourself first.

Broke bones in the foot for the second time but these breaks were in other places
Oh no. Prayers for quick healing.

And DD16 did test positive for Influenza A. On Tamiflu and starting to feel bit better. School doesn't resume until Tuesday, so she will have 6 days off, and yet only missed 2 days of school.
Prayers for a quick recovery for her.

Still not feeling as good as I should be. Did eat some for lunch, so slowly getting my appetite back. Most food and their smell, just made me feel icky. If I cannot clear my lungs and take the soreness out of my throat in a few more days, will call the doctor. Do not think it is a flu strain, but a very nasty chest and head cold.

Went dress shopping, with apparently twenty million other senior girls that had the same idea, so was a grab for dresses and walk to other side of store to try on. Left with nothing. But I think she was happy to see dresses had not seen before. Still eyeing those red soled shoes. Um, not any time soon.
Glad you are starting to feel a little better. Hopefully you will be much better in a few days.
Ugh, shopping in a crowd. We were luck and were the first customers in the shop last week. Now I’m just hoping that the alterations won’t bee too extensive.

Hello to anyone i may have missed. I am posting while trying to watch a movie. We are continuing with our Marvel movie marathon tonight.

Missed one.

Yay for B!!!! And yes-far far more good kids than the couple rotten apples out there! Our schools and media are trying to actively highlight the good over the bad, but it is the random acts that are hard to catch, like when my son told me he didn't have the change from the extra field trip money I'd sent with him as he bought his friend lunch (when he realized friend didn't have enough). Or the semester I couldn't figure out why middle kids lunch account seemed to deplete money rapidly (was buying her friend lunch nearly every day due to her home situation not settled). Neither of the kids told me what they were doing-only found out when I asked. Using this as an example because my kids don't tell me what they do, but will tell me the nice things their friends do. So yes I really do believe the vast majority of kids are better than what is commonly represented.

We had an incident a couple of weeks ago at B’s school. It only involved a small group of students, but the media won’t leave it alone. Sadly the good kids, like yours, don’t seem to make a good news story.

Time to get back to watching Thor.

Charade-we just rewatched Infinity Wars-I've only seen it once in theaters. It's so sad to me. Looking forward to Part 2 and Captain Marvel. Think we may go see the new Into the spiderverse tomorrow. Also rewatched Incredibles 2. Black Panther is my favorite one so far - an apparently my son's: we were comparing how often we'd rewatched-that is his go-to movie when he is 'bored'.

So lazy day- took a nap this afternoon-then up and bored and decided to clean the house, start laundry and change sheets on beds (well mine anyway). will get rest of laundry done tomorrow. DH went out tonight to see one of our favorite tribute bands (Paul simon). I am staying in as I am don't want to "people" right now-will have my fill next weekend. Not an introvert, but definitely not the extrovert that hubs is-he could have a party around him all the time and be content.

And the band comp schedule for next fall is posted! And I think we are adding a day onto our HHN trip (so addicting!). Need to call tomorrow and add a night. And then figure out flights-not sure if I should book now or wait until Frontier schedule comes out-even though we will need to drive a couple hours...

Warmed up enough to melt most ice-that then pooled in areas-the hens area is nothing but plane of ice-I have straw down for them and that is the only thing that has enough traction to keep me from slipping. The girls weren't happy with the conditions today so stayed in coop most of day.

Snacking for dinner. Will cook tomorrow, but gotta eat the leftovers!

Charade-we just rewatched Infinity Wars-I've only seen it once in theaters. It's so sad to me. Looking forward to Part 2 and Captain Marvel. Think we may go see the new Into the spiderverse tomorrow. Also rewatched Incredibles 2. Black Panther is my favorite one so far - an apparently my son's: we were comparing how often we'd rewatched-that is his go-to movie when he is 'bored'.
We are watching all of them in release order. DH saw all of the movies in the theater. I’ve seen them all, but in random order. We own a few, some were seen in the theater, some on Netflix, and some from Redbox. B has only seen a few of the movies. Tonight we finished Thor: The Dark World. We are hoping to finish all of them before going to see Captain Marvel.

I am staying in as I am don't want to "people" right now-will have my fill next weekend. Not an introvert, but definitely not the extrovert that hubs is-he could have a party around him all the time and be content.

I am an introvert, so I can totally understand not wanting to people.

Guess I should try to get some sleep now.

Charade, I’ll have to look that one up! I’ve seen the Millennial job interview! That was pretty funny. I’ve never heard of prom proposals. Guess it’s not a thing here.

Monykalyn yay for adding vacay day! Always better than the alternative. Hope the girls are happier tomorrow. Careful with the ice! I fell the other day on my driveway on an icy spot. Fortunately only thing hurt was my pride!

And my @Tygerlilly quote didn't come through so :wave2::wave2: Hello!! When is the universal-moon? Looking at the fall? Love the HP areas of the parks, but the rest is pretty fun too.

Wedding is November 2nd and honeymoon is probably the 8-13? Maybe? I have the room reserved for those dates, but we may move it around once AP rates drop. Cant wait to see the Potter areas.

So lazy day- took a nap this afternoon-then up and bored and decided to clean the house, start laundry and change sheets on beds (well mine anyway). will get rest of laundry done tomorrow. DH went out tonight to see one of our favorite tribute bands (Paul simon). I am staying in as I am don't want to "people" right now-will have my fill next weekend. Not an introvert, but definitely not the extrovert that hubs is-he could have a party around him all the time and be content.

And the band comp schedule for next fall is posted! And I think we are adding a day onto our HHN trip (so addicting!). Need to call tomorrow and add a night. And then figure out flights-not sure if I should book now or wait until Frontier schedule comes out-even though we will need to drive a couple hours...

Warmed up enough to melt most ice-that then pooled in areas-the hens area is nothing but plane of ice-I have straw down for them and that is the only thing that has enough traction to keep me from slipping. The girls weren't happy with the conditions today so stayed in coop most of day.

Snacking for dinner. Will cook tomorrow, but gotta eat the leftovers!

Glad to hear you have an extra night planned for HHN.....yep, it is addicting!!!!

I`m a people person, but there are some days it can get too much...….we were invited to a lunch today, but being honest the couple who are hosting....he is ok, but she is dull beyond belief and I cant be bothered making small talk with her as she has no spark whatsoever.....everyone says she gives one word answers all the time....she resents her husband having business clients over I think....but she doesn't seem to have any friends.....we have tried!!!!! No more......I`m a bit of both really....I like my own company but do like people around me.....especially ones with personality and sparkle!!!!

Hope the kiddo is better now!!!

Monykalyn yay for adding vacay day! Always better than the alternative. Hope the girls are happier tomorrow. Careful with the ice! I fell the other day on my driveway on an icy spot. Fortunately only thing hurt was my pride!

lol.....our pride tends to be the thing that hurts the most when that happens!!! Although I do have a lot of padding :rotfl:....so pride does hurt more!!

Wedding is November 2nd and honeymoon is probably the 8-13? Maybe? I have the room reserved for those dates, but we may move it around once AP rates drop. Cant wait to see the Potter areas.

Good luck with the AP dates......lovely to be planning a wedding...….:)

Sunday again...…..

Put diced steak in slow cooker overnight......the aroma was beautiful this morning....letting it go cold then reheat later in a puff pastry pie......a bit unhealthy, but lush!!!!

Nice enough day...….been out grocery shopping and it`s breezy but not freezing....

19 sleeps till overnight at airport...….:D

I’m leaving the light on in case charade can’t sleep and comes back to post

Would not want her to trip in the dark here

That made me think of this old Far Side cartoon.
501qva.jpg

Charade, I’ll have to look that one up! I’ve seen the Millennial job interview! That was pretty funny. I’ve never heard of prom proposals. Guess it’s not a thing here.
Here it is.

The “prom-posals” have become very popular here. Some can really be over the top. One of my friends told me that a girl turned her son down for a homecoming dance because he “didn’t ask correctly”. She told him that the girl was too high maintenance and he dodged a bullet.

I confess that I did eat more than a few of my m & m's last night...hard to resist an open container of goodness.

I hear you!! But how many calories in a few M&M's ??? no worries!!:rolleyes1

We need an ark

Eek!! Hope that rain goes away!!

I hate it when real life interferes with my darkside addiction.

I’d rather spend the $$$$ on something more fun! Like my vacay!

I'm with you guys!! We've put off some home improvements in favor of vacations!! But roofs and furnaces aren't negotiable!!:(

Hope all are doing well. Nasty cough and sore throat still. And since I have been asleep for two days, why I am up at this hour? Ugh. Trying to at least try rest some more. Have not eaten for 2 days either, so may sneak down and make some tea. Hydrate. I have tried, went back to sleep after drinking some water.

Sending healing wishes your way!!!:)

My nephew is in Orlando right now and enjoyed Mardi Gras last night.

Yay! We watched the parade last night!! Very crowded because of the concert- but so fun!!:thumbsup2

But Im feeling much more like myself and wanted to stop in and 'see' everyone.

Glad to see you!!!:cheer2::cool1:

I’m sure a few days from now, I’ll be
pain free

Yay!!:goodvibes

I’m better at herding cats than jumping over them

:laughing: Cat hurdles- the new Olympic sport!

Aww! Poor little girls!! Spring- where are you???!!!

Having a wonderful time!!! Kyle& Erin arrives Friday. Erin's family arrived yesterday!! Having a blast with our future in-laws!!!:thumbsup2 It's sunny and 86 today!!! :sunny: Thank you Mother Nature- we needed a quick break from reality!!

Here's some pictures!

Isn't this the best sight??

thumbnail_IMG_5363.jpg

Soaking in some Vitamin D!!

thumbnail_IMG_5366.jpg

Actually- the BEST sight!! So missed Kyle and Erin!!

thumbnail_IMG_5373.jpg

We all had fun at Pat O'Brian's night!! So happy to have my whole family together!! The dueling pianos- so fun!!

thumbnail_IMG_5377.jpg

This one's for Schumi!! We're doing a split stay- HRH and Sapphire Falls!! Here's the view from our room!!

thumbnail_IMG_5383.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

harry_potter_hogwarts_birthday_thank_you-re30c4feaf31645b8aba46bc208c1fe7d_em0c6_307.jpg :goodvibes for all the birthday wishes!!! I ended up feeling a little better. My dad came up to visit and I had just bought a small cake. Yesterday I was out from morning to early evening then family came by to visit me. Overall it was a quiet birthday, which is how I like it these days.:teeth:

Our weather has been fairly warm for this time of year and getting excited for Spring. Today the teens work different shifts and I am hoping to go visit an old friend. Everyone is off here tomorrow and then the teens are off Tuesday as well for a short winter break.

I have to watch the Avengers again from start to finish to get ready for the next one. I kind of forgot some of the last one.:scratchin

Thanks for the feel better wishes. It took a couple of days but is much better. It is still lurking a bit. I know mine are related to fatigue so the more rest the better!!

Mac I am sorry to hear about your foot! I hope you feel better soonpixiedust:

Charade Congrats for B on the prom.:woohoo: I am sure she will have a great time! Liv and I have to start shopping for a dress soon. We have a really nice second hand store just for dresses so I may check it out first.

Lynne sorry your still not feeling up to par and I hope you do soon!:goodvibes It is never easy being sick especially when you have the kids around.

Schumi Your dinner sounds amazing as usual.:D I hear you about being around people you want to be. I don't go around people because I have to only when I want to. I guess that is one of good reasons to get older, we can do it our way and be happy:goodvibes:cool1: on 19 more sleeps for you!!

Monykalyn I hope your DH enjoyed the band. It's funny I was talking to a friend this week about Liv having trouble with starting friendships and mentioned how it was tough for me when I was younger because we moved every year. She was stunned because the way I am now with people she said she could never see me not being an extrovert. I guess that was her way of subtly telling me I talk to much:laughing: I think it is great when someone can do what makes them happy and comfortable and that is all that matters. I was thinking about the hens with the ice and can picture one of my cats trying to walk on it :scared: An added night for HHN sounds great:thumbsup2

CKmiles glad to see you post again!:thumbsup2 Totally understand what you are saying. That is the great thing about the friendships on this thread, everyone understands and you always have a place to go. I hope things continue to get better for you:goodvibes

Tygerlilly that is a nice time of year to get married and have a honeymoon. What a great trip you will be planning.:thumbsup2

Tink sorry to hear about the roof and the vacation plans. We have the same thing going on we need to do work on the house to get it ready but I am having trouble giving up the trips. It is really the one thing to look forward too. I hope you can get a good price and maybe have some left over for a small trip:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Keisha I hope you enjoyed the shower:D. I remember a few times after procedures not showering and it is the worse.

Patty I love the pics:thumbsup2 Glad you are having some nice needed family time and you can't ask for a better place. Enjoy that vitamin D:beach:

Sue I am getting a fast and hard lesson about college tuition and finances. This is our first one so it is an eye opener. We are trying to figure out the best scenario with the cheapest debt for everyone. We are looking at our state college and a community college for now. There is an on line school that is reasonable to for Liv to start. I hope your temps keeps climbing!!:thumbsup2

:wave2: Robo and to all the other friends I have missed. I hope everyone has a great day!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Bobbie, yeah, little one is round 2, so shocking costs are getting more used to. Older one is at our local community college, so his costs are decent. The state funded university that little one most likely is saying yes to, we just got the 2 semester bill, oh my. Good think we have socked away for this very day. And she wants med school too. We will deal with that when need. Belated birthday wishes. Glad you had a good one. I am sorry, am late. This flu or cold or infection has left me so tired, all I do is rest. I think I feel better, but then as I walk around, headache starts and feel better only after laying down again. And my appetite has not been the best either.

Thinking some peanut butter and banana for lunch, to give me some protein and some potassium. Had some eggs and bacon for breakfast, but could not eat much.

Patty, enjoying seeing those pictures. Very happy your weather is perfect and perfect family time.

With that, need to rest some more. Ugh

Weekends here mean working for me. I work midnights on Saturday, Sunday, and Mondays, 12 hour shifts. Threw some chicken strips and tots in the air fryer for lunch for a super fast and easy meal before I go sleep for a bit.

Waiting super impatiently for my tax refund to deposit so I can finalize a few things.

And a surprise to hear coming from my other half, he randomly said he wants to take the girls back to Orlando next spring, so now I get to plan a fun 11 days in Orlando doing Disney, Universal, and Sea World!

Always awesome to look forward to a family trip, Tygerlily. Lovely time of year for your wedding. My oldest was born November 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!