Something About Nothing ... #12

Thank you Patty for the get well pic that made my night

:flower3:

I have to help take care of my friends cats this morning, well for a few days so I have to run. I am getting some pay for it so that is always welcome.

So nice of you! :cat: They have the best pet sitter!

Hi Mac & Bobbie & Charade!!! I'm here! Speaking of pet sitting- I'm cat sitting my sisters cats this week. So, I have to stop by her house in the morning before work. One is ill with kidney issues- needs a fluid IV later. I'm not the medical one in the house- Thank goodness Joe can do it! Phew!

:wave2: everyone just getting started!

Last edited:
Have a great Taco Tuesday all!!
hB57F266E

Early Bird. Yeah, some of us work, starting at the wee hour, Mac. LOL

Hey, it's the day Mac does her Taco Bell run. Maybe she has a cheery worker like we have, that wishes us a Bellatastick day.

With that, reminder for all the homies, like Patty (who snuck in before me (darn work, LOL):

tenor.gif
and
meow%20co_1530021000856.jpg_46763012_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Have a good one. Report: We have sun, very sunny out now. Report: And it's close to freezing. Yep, 35 degree predawn commute. Thankfully car, no icy roads out there. Rain yesterday, was simply showers that made afternoon commute, through dinner and after, wet. Sloppy wet.

Bobbie, glad you are feeling better and found some relief for sinus issues. My older one uses the saline sprays to help clear nose. Lucky, the salt does not bother him. He also uses a prescriptive nose spray too.

Yep, nice to pet sit, and eek, IV for the cat. Glad you have your DH to help you Patty. And nice to get paid for doing so, Bobbie.

Okay, time for me tea. Later homies.

Well Lynne, some mornings I am an early bird as cats eat at 6:00 am each morning

With Mr Mac out of town, cats get me up way too early for food

They only eat canned food and have never learned how to flip those can lids off yet
Lol

With that, reminder for all the homies, like Patty (who snuck in before me (darn work, LOL):

I hesitated to post a taco Tuesday meme- you always do it! But I definitely will not so a hump day pic-you always get the best ones!! :) Yep- darn work! :laughing: darn bills!

They only eat canned food and have never learned how to flip those can lids off yet
Lol

We have to invent a can they can open! :scratchin

Hi I am back from kitty sitting. One of the cats I am sitting for has a thyroid and kidney disease. She is a wonderful senior kitty who loves the attention. I do not have to do fluids but Brian and I have had several cats that needed the IV fluids. We can do meds for the cats we sit for the most part. This kitty who gets thyroid meds gets a cream in her ear twice a day. Until I started taking care of her I thought it was just pills. The cream in the ears is so easy to do if anyone ever has too.

However, this time taking care of them she has a bengal kitten who is one of the naughtiest ones I have ever seen. She is taking down furniture, glass and paper. Every time I go in she has something she got into. I did warn my friend and will again that she has lost some of her things:rolleyes1 ...This kitten is so sweet and cute you can't stay mad at her.

Thanks patty for the kind words I love animals and cats have a special place in my heart, so I enjoy it. I am sure you are one amazing pet sitter too:D I am glad Joe is able to help you:thumbsup2

Thanks Lynne yea besides the wash system I use a homeopathy nasal spray and it works wonders. I am glad your kids found stuff that works too. Sinus infections are yucky:sick:

Anyway I actually need to vent today, I am really frustrated . >:( ... Back in the fall one of the adviser's for Key Clun mentioned to me if I would like to join them on a conference weekend in the Spring. It is the International Key Club convention and would be good for Liv to go seeing as she is the President. Well it turned out only Liv and the Vice President another boy can go. I would have basically been a chaperone/guest. Also with Liv's medical conditions I think they are more comfortable with us being there. Fast forward to now and the convention is in two weeks. It is in Mass. which is about an hour from me so easy to get too. Originally they said we could stay with Liv in her room and it wouldn't be a problem. We decided to make a small family trip. Charlie is coming also. As the weeks have gone by things have changed completely. First off one of the adviser's can't go at all. The other one has to attend another function and can only go Friday. This means that if Brian and I don't take over as "advisers" the rest of the weekend the teens can't go. We really didn't want that kind of responsibility or commitment. We decided for the teens we will do it. The adviser gave me her room so the 4 of us will share it. The other boy is staying with strangers and I somehow have to keep track of him over two hotels. There is no guarantee he will be near us. I have to make sure at midnight he is in his room. It is not like he is with other kids from our school system. We have to attend all the sessions and be available. Then is yesterday we found out for legality reasons we cant' transport the boy, so now the train has to be transportation. I don't like trains and I need to have my car. Brian is going to have to travel by train with the two teens while I drive with Charlie there. Now we have to work out what kind of transportation they can take from the train station because it is a bit of a walk and not the best area. The adviser says she is going to pay for the train tickets. Oh and they didn't tell me that we would have to be responsible for most meals. They only give the teens on lunch and one breakfast. This nice little getaway weekend has turned into a not so nice one.:sad2: Here is the best part :rolleyes2 the hotel pool and spa are under construction and don't know when it will be available:sad::laughing:. I thought at least we could soak at night.
I think what upset me the most is that I wasn't being kept in the loop about these changes. To me these are big changes of responsibility for us. I will make sure the teens have a good time and get something out of it.

Thanks for letting me vent, :disrocks: and you guys and girls too:goodvibes

Oh that stinks Bobbie. I hate when they change so much, and next thing you know, you're responsible for all. I hope the teens have fun, and you and your DH do too, that week-end. I'm with you, I like to have my car, particularly when the trip is not that far away. Andy yes, any time, we don't mind vents. It's good to do so too. And haha, with that cute kitty. Those type of cats are a handful. My cousin had one, and ooh, he was surely a handful. But beautiful cat, and loved being petted.

Patty, no worries. I love all the stuff posted by all the homies. I enjoyed seeing your Tuesday one.

Getting up or having to get up early. Mac, see the cats have a schedule. See, you have one too. LOL

Thanks for letting me vent,

That's terrible, Bobbie!! It's so wonderful that you and Brian will do this for Liv. I feel for the boy who is going solo. I'd have to tag along if that was my son. No- I don't like public transportation. We don't have much of it in the Buffalo area so we're all used to taking cars everywhere. Even at Disney now- I'd rather drive to the parks.

We're all here to vent to when needed!:)

Sunny day here! Crisp and 34 but sunshine makes everything better! :sunny: so does chocolate!:laughing:

Panera for lunch!

Lynne- enjoy your lunchtime walk! I would really like to start doing that, too! Sitting at my desk all day makes my bones stiff!
spring-quotes-sunshine-1551892628.png

Bobbie so sorry to hear you’ve been sick, flu? That’s the problem with these group projects. Even in college they’re given them. The last one, my daughter did 90% of it. It’s the same thing every time. There’s always some in the group that don’t do their share. I wish these projects would just stop! Give them individual projects. I know the teachers are trying to teach cooperative projects but that’s never what happens. I’ll get off my soap box now lol :mic:

Yes the Dead ep was very good. I can’t believe next week is the end of the season, seems like it just started. No spoilers since you haven’t watched yet!

I was just out with my daughters last night for a walk around the lake, and I was mentioning a family friend (parents of youngest daughters bff) was inviting us to an Easter brunch on Easter Monday, but I said bad timing as we leave Tuesday and she says, what are you worried about? You start packing a month before we go! :rolleyes: Ha!

Lynne it’s funny how styles are different regionally. The high school kids here don’t wear heels much, unless it’s a dance or they’re getting dressed up for a special occasion.
Hope you’re enjoying the warmth we sent you! Get ready for the rain lol. Rain started last night. As I mentioned above to Bobbie, daughters and I went on a walk around one of our lakes here, nice 5km walk and rain started just as we got back to parking lot.

Keishashadow did you see the spoiler? Yikes! I’m waiting to see more about Beta. A teacher in my school (where I used to work) reads the books. He said Beta is even worse than Alpha.
I guess I have the same palette as you, never noticed a difference in taste after freezing bacon.

Pattyw well I haven’t started packing yet. First have to empty out all the winter clothes! But hope to this week. Hopefully next week the warm weather will return so I can wash and hang laundry outside. Rain all week here.

Robo there’s some funny vids about those vacs, with kitties riding, and also the ones about dog poo! :scared:

Mac 2 more weeks will fly by. Sorry for the set back.

Bobbie Mr does that sinus rinse with the squeeze bottle, and saline. I just can’t wrap my head around that. I would prob think I’m drowning :rolleyes:

Charade when did everything get so complicated! Crazy. Yes, I’m going to leave some warmer tops in, weather this week has cooled off. So still needing the long sleeve tees or cotton sweaters.
My black stove top never stays clean either. And we have gas. So have to take all the grated off to wipe down.

Bobbie glad you’re enjoying the Instant Pot. Lots of online recipes. So sorry the trip has turned into a mess. You’re so good to still go for the kids. Wasn’t fair you got dumped on.

Pattyw ugh I’d rather cut off my arm than drive at wdw. To stressful for me. And way too many crazy tourists driving who don’t know where they’re going, like me. Lots of times I’m in Ft Lauderdale first and drive up, after check in at Disney Resort, I return rental to the car care centre. Last Aug I managed to get lost going from Wilderness Lodge to Alamo Car Care! :sad2:

Hi to any I missed! Should get going. I didn’t want to get up this morning, so sleepy. I could have slept longer but the noise out of the kitchen at 7:30 woke me up! Dragged myself outa bed. Now woodpecker is banging on the metal pipe vent that comes out of the chimney! No sleeping thru that lol. Sounds like a machine gun! Squirrel into my bird feeder wiping it out! And I have a hummingbird feeder out, but haven’t seen my little bird in days :sad: Don’t know what happened to him/her.

Better get going, have to take the dogs into the groomer, my yorkiepoo Sydney is looking like a wooly mammoth, and my black cocker Sophie is looking like a punk rocker lol! Then dentist for me, just for a cleaning.
I think I’ll pick up stuff to make a lasagna tonight.

Very quick pop in visit from me.

Some of you know my mum had a small surgery last week while we were in Orlando. Won`t go into details obviously on a public message board, but she is having a follow up tomorrow. Another family member up here is having major surgery this week too.

Just a quick hello, haven't caught up with anything on the boards....….and hope everyone`s good.

Hi everybody :wave2:

Wow Bobbie...that was quite a change in plans for you...sounds like they're taking advantage of your good nature but I know you don't want to let the kids down.

Grass cutting yesterday turned out to be more like weed cutting but at least it's done.

Waiting on my birthday girl to get home ...hope Trey gets here with the cake soon :cake: since she has to go back to work at 4.

Happy taco Tuesday to all :flower1:

Some of you know my mum had a small surgery last week while we were in Orlando. Won`t go into details obviously on a public message board, but she is having a follow up tomorrow. Another family member up here is having major surgery this week too.

Just a quick hello, haven't caught up with anything on the boards....….and hope everyone`s good.
Hope all goes well with your mom, and friend.
A family friend is in hospital, just had 5 bypasses heart surgery. Waiting to go visit, her daughter will let us know when she’s ok to have visitors.

Sending good thoughts your way Schumi. Well wishes to mum and other family member. Know you have a lot on your mind as getting back, and all the worries. Hugs.

Was a nice lunchtime walk, Patty. I try hard so I get the dust blown off me. Happy I had my heavier jacket. 45 out with a cool feeling breeze. Bright sunlight here too, and that bluer than blue sky always makes me smile.

Ready for that warmer weather Sue, just no more rain. Last year was our most wet and I think this year is starting to be a repeat.

Happy Birthday to Tink’s DD. Hope all enjoyed the cake before leaving for work.

Now for dinner? Little one said chicken and pasta. That is fine for me. Easy dinner. May steam some broccoli to go with.

Have a peaceful Tuesday night, and don’t overdue the taco eating.

:hug: Sending well wishes to your mum! and your family member undergoing surgery!

Waiting on my birthday girl to get home ...hope Trey gets here with the cake soon :cake: since she has to go back to work at 4.

Yay!! :bday: to DD!!

A family friend is in hospital, just had 5 bypasses heart surgery. Waiting to go visit, her daughter will let us know when she’s ok to have visitors.

:hug: Sending well wishes to your friend!

I try hard so I get the dust blown off me.

:laughing: I like that!! I get VERY dusty all day inside!!

Full sun here, too!! Light wind 40 degrees- feels great!! But.. I will look at it from my desk! Working late tonight- so much work to do!! Bright side- more $$$ for vacay!!:cool1:

sunshinelogofull.png

Hi everyone :car: busy night, and thanks for letting me vent and the words of encouragement. I feel better I vented and will make the best of it.

Broccoli pasta tonight for dinner quick and easy then off to an appoinmment.

Tink Happy Birthday to DD I hope Trey got the birthday cake there on time.

Schumi I hope your mom is recovering well and next week's goes just as good.

Well off I hope everyone has a great night.:goodvibes

Better get going, have to take the dogs into the groomer, my yorkiepoo Sydney is looking like a wooly mammoth, and my black cocker Sophie is looking like a punk rocker lol! Then dentist for me, just for a cleaning.
I think I’ll pick up stuff to make a lasagna tonight.

Hope all went well at the groomers and dentist! Yum- lasagna!:)

I need a dinner break! Just a quick fast food run! This is truly what I look like! What a sight!! :scared1:
exhausted-overworked-business-woman-clerk-260nw-414709678.jpg

Have a great evening all!!:)

Hope all went well at the groomers and dentist! Yum- lasagna!:)

I need a dinner break! Just a quick fast food run! This is truly what I look like! What a sight!! :scared1:
exhausted-overworked-business-woman-clerk-260nw-414709678.jpg

Have a great evening all!!:)
Lol. Coming back to reality is always hard! The worst when you see the stacks of paper on your desk.
Dentist well, what can I say, cleaning is never fun! But the dogs look great! It’s so funny how they prance around when they come out, and of course you have to heap lots of praise on them for being so pretty.
No lasagna, Mr decided he didn’t want that so he made chicken burgers. I made a salad to go with!

Lynne love that bluebird sky!

Bobbie hope you’re feeling better.

Schumi prayers for your mom.

And with that, hope everyone has a good night. I have to go organize all the papers for tax acct appt tomorrow, and make sure I have everything. Ugh.
After appt it’s lunch with the girls at our fav Sushi place. We are devastated it’s closing.

Another late post. Every time I wanted to post today something distracted me. Now it’s time to go to sleep.

Bobbie - Sorry the Key Club has made things so difficult for you. Are they not required to have a faculty advisor present for the convention trip?

Schumi - Well wishes to your mom and other family member.

Tink - happy birthday to your daughter.

Sue - Well wishes to your friend. Good luck with the tax stuff.

Hello and goodiight to everyone else.

Oh, almost forgot. Things are starting to get real around here. B brought home her graduation cap and gown today.

Oh, graduation is getting closer. Wow, reality indeed, Charade. Hopefully we got a cute dress for under her white gown. It's a very pale periwinkle, almost purple. It's one time, I am sure she'll be wearing flats. If the weather holds, they walk and sit in the grass, before being called to get their diploma from the stage. Metal, steep steps to that stage too, so I think flatter shoes will be the choice of most. Bet many of the boys will have sneakers, and, maybe some of the girls. Already paid for the cap and gown, so I guess we'll see it in June. They don't pass them out until they show up for mandatory rehearsal, the day before. And at least it's in the morning, then they are released until graduation the next evening. Oh, and since I get emails about my little one's going to the University, had to remind her about when the new student day visits are. I'd like to go with her to one, and I assume my DH will come too. Getting that bill for room and board, and tuition, reality oh yes. That, and a quote for a new AC unit we need, as with a new heater at the start of the year, our old AC will not play nice with it. Sigh. Taxes next month, as well as AC in May. An expensive start to this year. Indeed. ::yes::

But, a pep in my step, it's still a 35 degree start, but another beautiful sunny, cool day in store. 48 the high, but oh so lovely sun. Ain't warm, but hello sunglasses. Oooh, the horizon is a lovely medium orange tinted horizon. Yep, blue bird sky, Sue. He,He, little one and I went out to get some groceries and a cup of coffee. By the time we got home, it was close to ten. Hello high weather system. Such a clear night, the stars! Little one was enamored. Yeah, that's because we've had many cloudy nights. Sounding like winter, clear and cold. Spring is certainly coming in like a lion, or March came in like a lion and is trying hard to leave as one. Little one was mad, the weather lady said, probably won't see 70 on Friday. She was set to wear shorts to school. With a high in the low 60's predicted, not sure the shorts will make an appearance. I am so ready for no rain, and mid 70's Spring.

Now, since Keisha, and Patty are happy it's Wednesday, of course that camel reminder, that this hump of a day means Friday is almost here. And not a darn thing to do this week-end, I think. Ah, relaxation this week-end. Bring it on.

images
I so wish that was me.
Camel-Memes-24.jpg
and I am glad that is not me.

images
Yep, and lazy is certainly the hope.

a-group-of-cats-taking-a-morning-nap-together.jpg
Well, I don't think that's Mac's house. Maybe Patty's or Bobbie's.

Have a great one, and remember:
images
. 8-)

:wave2:

:sunny: ooh now a huge ball of sun on the horizon. Later homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter