Something About Nothing ... #12

Good afternoon homies.
DW is getting better but still has a short episode in the morning and we had cancel our trip last week but did reschedule for this weekend and hopefully DW will be good enough to go but if not we will be canceling agian but she keeps telling me she wants to go but don't know if she can handle the crowds

Fingers crossed you get your trip this weekend StL........hope your good lady is well enough to go.

Glad to hear she's getting a bit better. Sounds like a long road ahead though.......continued good wishes for her.

All sending you :grouphug:
and hope the trip does happen

We all wish the bestest vacation and continued improvement of your wife

Sometimes a change of pace and new scenery really lifts ones spirit and outlook

Kholby when does me Kholby return home?

Hope he brings gifts back for you and kiddos
Sunday. And then I expect he'll need to sleep all day Monday!

@kohlby yea. I was pretty excited about the opening of VB, but decided to wait. Really glad I did based on what I have been reading. We are so close we can afford to wait. As a Harry Potter fan we actually took a year or two hiatus when hogsmede opened! Those crowds were insane!

I was happy for uni but just a tad sad that everyone finally discovered the wonders of the Darkside.
Mine was a decision sort of made for me. Hubby and I are blocked out from VB until sometime in August I think. The kids passes are up for renewal at the end of November. At $100 each child, that's $300 for three months of VB. Add in that our fall keeps filling up with things to do, and we will have even less time to go. Our plan is purely financial - I want more than 3 months. (Though we may not have the full year since then our out-of-the-country plans will come into play). Hubby and I can go to VB before then but I'm not sure when we will since we keep adding in things this fall.

Lynne- Have fun at the shore. It is interesting how different places do things. When I worked on Long Island, it was north shore and south shore. But growing up in MA, it was north coast and south coast.

Chuckers - Wow- ac and your car! It's a great day!

Tink - I also heard they no longer had a GA rate. (Not from an official source though).

Schumi - Yes to retirement early! I doubt I'll be able to convince my husband to do the same. I'm planning on it myself. Though I suppose I'll need to go back to work one of these days before I can retire. My parents retired early due to my dad having heath issues. They figured they wanted to enjoy the time they had together doing fun things instead of stuck in hospital beds later. His health problems are no longer a big issue, but I think it was a wake-up call to live life in the now instead of waiting.

Ky07- I hope she can handle it. That's good she wants to do it, knowing about the crowds.

I HAVE A/C AT HOME NOW!!!! The kitties and I are happy :)

(And it didn't cost a lot to get it fixed!)
YAY! man can "adulting" get in the way of fun stuff!
Good afternoon homies.
DW is getting better but still has a short episode in the morning and we had cancel our trip last week but did reschedule for this weekend and hopefully DW will be good enough to go but if not we will be canceling agian but she keeps telling me she wants to go but don't know if she can handle the crowds
Glad to hear that she is making progress and getting better.

Storms last week brought in cooler air/lower humidity. Slowly creeping back up though. Dh brought home a badminton/volleyball net and kids were out playing. With dog laying under net. And young chickens wandering in and out trying to see what was happening. Hilarious watching the kids try to hit the birdie and avoid the obstacles LOL. And the boy is definitely a rooster. He tried crowing today. Sounded like a dog being strangled (he still has his squeaky voice lol)-hopefully no neighbors at home to call police saying torture was happening!

And DS started soccer again tonight-DH had him go through tryouts for a different league-oh yay. Between band, soccer, work, and Disney trips this fall is going to be c-r-a-z-y. Just thinking of it is making me tired (might possibly have been the wine??:))

Ready for hump day tomorrow? Then Friday eve:D

YAY! man can "adulting" get in the way of fun stuff!

I *HATE* adulting... I think I know why the owners sold me this townhouse last year with very little fight on the asking price.. because EVERYTHING is going to have to be replaced.. I've already replaced the w/d and the stove. The A/C is about 20 years old, the water heater has about another year, and the kitchen needs a remodel. I will HAVE to buy a new fridge because the one I have is stupid. Yes.. Stupid.. it has split doors and the freezer door opens up against a wall.. so it doesn't open fully.. who the hell thinks this is a good idea?

But it's mine... as long as I pay the mortgage :)

The joys of a home owner Chuckers.....

House we bought year and half ago sat empty for 3 years +

Elderly lady was widowed and she moved to smaller house more less than half the size of this one

All she did was have yard service done as we have a hoa community
House was vacant but she did have 2 bedrooms, dining room and living room professional staged for viewings

Theee years this house sat unlived in

We bought it with the condition it would be professionally cleaned

Did basic maintenance work once we moved in
Fridge/ freezer died Christmas Eve
(We moved in on 18 th)
Did replace flooring in four rooms and 2 heat pumps and 2 ac units had to be cleaned after our furniture arrived

We are waiting to do repair work in the house in the next year

(We had sold our house in northern Illinois and made two different trips to the south to find a home to buy
Some pressure and in a hurry to do so
As we did not expect our house to sell in 3 weeks
So went with the house that was available immediately
Looked at 45 houses in first visit and then one week after home from first trip, returned and viewed 20 more)

It is always something that has to be fixed in the house
DW and range need to be replaced but will do so once they finally kick the bucket

Not looking forward to repair work

Oh almost forgot we have to have work done soon for the main bathroom

Toilet no longer works so use the one in the bedroom now
Annoying situation....

Had my 5 th ultrasound today and back to the doctor this Thursday
Surgery was 7 weeks ago in fact Thursday will be 8 weeks out for me

Still medical issues with the dvt in the legs and still going to physical therapy but the fractured femur has improved where I can stand for at least 5-6 minutes
For me, I call this a great victory in improving!
Still not allowed to drive and looking forward to when I can
I've never been in a situation like this before in my life
My future goal is to be able to stand long enough so I can cook
Ordering our food out for about 8 weeks is the pits
A person can only eat so many tacos, hamburgers, BBQ, pizza, fast food, etc

Will say I will not be eating burgers and hot dogs when I am orlando this come October!!!

Wednesday again...........this week is flying past for some reason........

Feel the pain moving into a house and having work to do on it........we were the same with this one.....it is a very old house, but we had to do everything to it.....new Windows and doors, central heating system and boiler, driveway and gates, new kitchen, extension to kitchen, new Utilty room, 3 new bathrooms and master bath. Plus all the usual stuff.......

I used to love decorating......no, not so much........:rolleyes1 Won`t be in this house forever though. We did know it all needed doing so we can`t complain too much. Your house is beautiful mac........you did make a good choice with that one!!

Been bouncing down with rain all morning.....drying up now and sun is pushing through.......

Almost lunchtime here.......got DH coming home for the afternoon so will make us something nice........Have a great Wednesday.........:)

Always good to look at the positive Mac. At least your pain from before has now been fixed, and you'll get through this too. Always sending good thoughts and mummy dust that you'll be walking fine and driving to get coffee in no time. It will be nice to see ya in October too. Shoulder is always there for ya. :hug:

Good afternoon Schumi. Hope your weather has improved this first of Summer day. It is good to take retirement early. Life can change in a second. To be able to travel and enjoy things at a leisurely pace is a wonderful way to spend retirement. Nice that DH is coming home, and lush food will be eaten for lunch, I'm sure.

Kolby, I hear ya with kids and expenses. Once the kids became theme park and restaurant adult age, prices go higher. Always annoyed me when little one, on the small size, could not go on some rides because of height, and certainly did not eat an adult portion for several years after turning 10. Cannot believe you're making out of country plans already. But how exciting. Sounds like a very busy fall. I'm tossed, I may pay that $100 and have my preferred a 3 park. I figure two or three visits over the year, and then it won't seem as bad a price. Plus, at least my passholder discounts work inside VB. And free parking.

MonyK - that's funny about the young rooster. I guess it's had to tell when they are chicks. I think if I heard that attempt to crow, I might have laughed. As the nights are getting warmer now, the outdoor cats are outside all night, and sometimes when there are fights, they sound like screaming kids. I hear ya too, on kids and expenses. Since little one decided to continue with her paid coach soccer club, my poor pocketbook starts the installment payments next month. Sigh, next thing ya know, she'll be a college kid, and the money train has still not left the station. LOL

Chuckers, yep, owning an older house always seems to require updating or replacing. Yep, new roof two years after we bought. Then refrigerator went about the same time. A new AC required a new heater,. I also enjoy, that the house is mine. And that, is all that really matters.

th
- yes, it's hump day, Wednesday, and Keisha''s reminder has made an appearance. This first day of summer has started with a beautiful, bright sunrise. Hence, camel needs sunglasses, and I'm happy to report I am rocking mine today.

With that, I left 2 sleeping kids with a list. They had better do most of what I have listed that they have to do. No slacking on your days off before the summer job. I'll be happy to be in the summer routine soon. Tired kids, and quiet nights.

Hang on, being Wednesday means getting over the hump, and being able to see Friday. Have an awesome Wednesday all!:jumping1:

Happy hump day all :) & Belated daddy's day. My spawn here in shifts from 1 pm till 8 pm, with GD staying overnight. Woke up that morning with some sort of bite on my neck. No, not a vampire darn it but it did have 2 puncture wounds. Figured a spider.

Peered in the mirror the next morning & neck had tennis ball size lump. Went to urgicare since dr not in, they prescribed meds. Saw my dr yesterday, prescribed different ones. My guts may never be the same. Better now than next week at least.

Promised to go to see Captain Underpants tonight :Dwith youngest DS & GD (who is again staying overnight-may claim her on my income tax as a dependent at this point lol). Surprised to see the local cinemark has sold out the evening shows for that theater? Strange as it's been out for some time. Not sure if up to a bit of road trip to another theater.

That's what we had for dinner last night. BLTs, with soup and salad. Oh, and grilled cheese.

Not so hot today.

And I hear ya Keisha. The lack of direct flights from SW now is really annoying. Some to Orlando go through Texas or Tennessee. Really, then some do go through Atlanta, but who wants even one stop when the whole fight is only about 2 hours or so. I wish SW would have made us a hub, as I thought it would want to totally dominate US Air at the time. Oh well, my two only main choices are American and SW. Spirit does go out of ours, and Allegiant goes out of the mountains - that airport about an hour away too. Just have to go with the times of SW's few nonstops and book when first opens. Never as good as October or December so far, and while I didn't book August right away, fare prices have never been lower for FLL.

Official start to summer is days away now. Oh, and the start of the June birthdays. Youngest great niece is 1 today. Time really does fly. Or, in her case, fast crawls.
They messed up @ DH's work, forgot to schedule somebody to work skeleton crew over Xmas. He volunteered. Only substitution weeks this year have airfare thru the roof. Think I'll table that for a while. Had no idea that holiday airfare period ran almost from Thanksgiving straight thru Xmas lately. Was always able to book something early December reasonable in the past to Florida. Hmmm

I wouldn't have fun in Vegas! I NEED LOTS OF COASTERS!!! :)

Oh, they have their share of thrills there lol. Even a coaster & some other goodies

Good afternoon homies.
Good luck. Universal does offer a disability pass based upon one's specific needs that might help accommodate your wife's visit.
The joys of a home owner Chuckers.....

House we bought year and half ago sat empty for 3 years +

Elderly lady was widowed and she moved to smaller house more less than half the size of this one

All she did was have yard service done as we have a hoa community
House was vacant but she did have 2 bedrooms, dining room and living room professional staged for viewings

Theee years this house sat unlived in

We bought it with the condition it would be professionally cleaned

Did basic maintenance work once we moved in
Fridge/ freezer died Christmas Eve
(We moved in on 18 th)
Did replace flooring in four rooms and 2 heat pumps and 2 ac units had to be cleaned after our furniture arrived

We are waiting to do repair work in the house in the next year

(We had sold our house in northern Illinois and made two different trips to the south to find a home to buy
Some pressure and in a hurry to do so
As we did not expect our house to sell in 3 weeks
So went with the house that was available immediately
Looked at 45 houses in first visit and then one week after home from first trip, returned and viewed 20 more)

It is always something that has to be fixed in the house
DW and range need to be replaced but will do so once they finally kick the bucket

Not looking forward to repair work

Oh almost forgot we have to have work done soon for the main bathroom

Toilet no longer works so use the one in the bedroom now
Annoying situation....

Had my 5 th ultrasound today and back to the doctor this Thursday
Surgery was 7 weeks ago in fact Thursday will be 8 weeks out for me

Still medical issues with the dvt in the legs and still going to physical therapy but the fractured femur has improved where I can stand for at least 5-6 minutes
For me, I call this a great victory in improving!
Still not allowed to drive and looking forward to when I can
I've never been in a situation like this before in my life
My future goal is to be able to stand long enough so I can cook
Ordering our food out for about 8 weeks is the pits
A person can only eat so many tacos, hamburgers, BBQ, pizza, fast food, etc

Will say I will not be eating burgers and hot dogs when I am orlando this come October!!!

Good lucks! Bet you are oh-so itching to just get back to normal!

Thanks Lynne........it's certainly a new phase in life and we're lucky he can go so early. Ouch to a new roof so soon after moving in.......but I agree, it's nice when you can say it's all yours and paid for. We celebrated getting rid of our mortgage many years ago.......very liberating.......but security means everything.

Is it this weekend you go away to the beach? Always nice to get away........

Last edited:
So it was a spider bite Janet???

Oh my........

Hope it's getting better and not so.....violent! Sounds drastic.......

Eek, a spider bite. Not fun. I hope the swelling goes down fast. Yeah, I think the airlines jack the prices up over the holidays. It also depends on the day of the week. Mondays tend to be the best, particularly later in the day. Business wants to leave Sunday, or early Monday. And Sundays are bad too, as most want to return before back to work Monday. I'm usually fixed, as for the holidays, the kids' calendars. But, I've found, while more expensive than other times of year, buying at first open has been the best bet. However, looking at summer flight prices, I don't think my holiday flights are much, if anything, higher. Those prices for July and August look scary. Funny, still better prices for August to fly into FLL instead of Orlando. Guess no one wants to go the beach when it's boiling hot.

Yes Schumi, I'll be on the road to the shore on Friday. Will leave both ways to beat the rush hour. In the summer, from about noon on Friday and then late Sunday afternoon, the shore traffic makes the trip not so fun.

Thanks for listening to me vent.. I am first time home owner at 51.. it's all new to me and I am sure everyone has home ownership blues.. I really liked renting because I wasn't responsible for anything... I hate being an adult! Especially knowing that I will probably be dead before the mortgage is paid off... Why did I buy something if I can never fully own it??

I am glad you're on the mend Mac, I hope you get to cooking soon!

@keishashadow A SPIDER BITE??? That's it.. I would move.. sorry.. nope.. biting spiders are what nightmares are made of.....

Last edited:
Ouch Keisha...same thing happened to me a few years ago except I awoke to a bite on my thigh. The doc game me antibiotics and I set off 2 bug bombs in my bedroom.

Chuckers it is always something with home ownership...in the last year I had to replace the ac, roof repairs, icemaker in fridge, kitchen cabinets due to the leaky roof and now working on replacing the flooring in the kitchen and bathroom :faint: but at least it's paid for with no mortgage.

I'm still waiting on the airfare....it's only gone down $6 on the departing flight...my return flight is more than I paid for the rt last trip...that's what I get for coming back on a Friday instead of Wednesday.

On a good note I added another day to our parkhopper ticket so we will have 3 days to enjoy Food and Wine festival :cool1:

Now all I have to do is renew my ap and buy ROF tickets...I need to win the lottery in the meantime :laughing:

Some years are like that Vicki......seems never ending with things needing done........but I agree, having no mortgage is a blessing! Well done on having the extra day for food and wine........should be a fun trip. We bought our Rush of Fear with EP tickets. Went for the home delivery option again, just for convenience really......it's only a few dollars.........good luck with the lottery wine.......:D

Kohlby......glad your father is doing better now. Yep, gotta make the most of everything while you can......I tell my husband I'm such an expert on retirement as I haven't really worked for many years now........love it! Being a lady of leisure is something I can thoroughly recommend..........

I'm starving........not eating till later as I'm going out with friend for our usual Wednesday night outing........made southern fried chicken for both of them and it smells gorgeous........may be tempted to eat a little.........:rolleyes1

I will HAVE to buy a new fridge because the one I have is stupid. Yes.. Stupid.. it has split doors and the freezer door opens up against a wall.. so it doesn't open fully.. who the hell thinks this is a good idea?
Meanwhile I have a 20 year old fridge that will. not. die. (and 3 interstate moves) And after the ice through the door thingy not working (except to randomly spit ice cubes out onto floor) has now decided to behave and give us lovely fully formed ice cubes. I wasn't going to replace it (it's white, to match other SS appliances) until it died. I swear to heavens it is spiting me by deciding to work again!!

My guts may never be the same. Better now than next week at least.
probiotic while on antibiotic-either pills or yogurt 2-3 x day

Oh, they have their share of thrills there lol. Even a coaster & some other goodies
Stratosphere. Big Shot. Immediate need for alcohol-even at 10 am. 'nuff said. And that was the TAME ride.

.I need to win the lottery in the meantime :laughing:
Um me too!

but I agree, having no mortgage is a blessing!
that would require staying in same place more than 5 years. Although going on 8 in same house (&state)-record for us!

@keishashadow and @macraven -hope you are both doing better! Mac-sounds like progress! Is there a Super Suppers or Dream Dinners by you? Homemade meals that you can personalize to your specific likes.
@keishashadow OMG hope the spider bite is better!!!! Although a vampire bite is intriguing...:)

Meanwhile I have a 20 year old fridge that will. not. die. (and 3 interstate moves) And after the ice through the door thingy not working (except to randomly spit ice cubes out onto floor) has now decided to behave and give us lovely fully formed ice cubes. I wasn't going to replace it (it's white, to match other SS appliances) until it died. I swear to heavens it is spiting me by deciding to work again!!

probiotic while on antibiotic-either pills or yogurt 2-3 x day

Stratosphere. Big Shot. Immediate need for alcohol-even at 10 am. 'nuff said. And that was the TAME ride.

Um me too!

that would require staying in same place more than 5 years. Although going on 8 in same house (&state)-record for us!

@keishashadow and @macraven -hope you are both doing better! Mac-sounds like progress! Is there a Super Suppers or Dream Dinners by you? Homemade meals that you can personalize to your specific likes.
@keishashadow OMG hope the spider bite is better!!!! Although a vampire bite is intriguing...:)

Lol on the fridge spitting out ice cubes........freaky........

I would love to do the rides in Vegas........the tamer ones.......don't think I'd have the guts to go on the ones that take you off the edge of the building.....my niece and one goddaughter have done them many times.....they have no fear whatsoever though!

Nope, we move around a lot...........since we got married we've had a lot of homes together....excluding a couple of short term abroad for work......one very short term.....couldn't live permanently in such a country. But first moved within the UK 22 years ago and lived abroad on and off......I love to move :D.......I'm sure in a few years we'll be off again. We've been very fortunate though, but just enjoy moving around.....and thankfully we've been lucky enough to be able to do that........

Yes Janet vampire bite sounds a bit more salacious than spider bite........:laughing:

Had better nights sleep last night......was a bit cooler outside generally.........

Not much going on today........get housework out of the way for the weekend, apart from every day stuff of course......

Grilling tonight........making beef burgers and chicken skewers..........looks like a nice day........

Last edited:
I *HATE* adulting... I think I know why the owners sold me this townhouse last year with very little fight on the asking price.. because EVERYTHING is going to have to be replaced.. I've already replaced the w/d and the stove. The A/C is about 20 years old, the water heater has about another year, and the kitchen needs a remodel. I will HAVE to buy a new fridge because the one I have is stupid. Yes.. Stupid.. it has split doors and the freezer door opens up against a wall.. so it doesn't open fully.. who the hell thinks this is a good idea?

But it's mine... as long as I pay the mortgage :)
Sounds a lot like my abode. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter