Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy B-Day, Kohlby!!! Enjoy!!! Tear it up if you like tearing it up...or tear it down if you like tearing it down!!! Great week for B-days...have my mid-century one this weekend.

Happy Birthday to you! Are you doing anything special? Hubby has his mid-century one in a few weeks and I feel like I should plan something special for it but there isn't anything he wants. He grew up with his parents doing nothing for their own birthdays so he's still learning that adults can do something!

spent time getting my AAA renewed.
did not realize it had expired and what a mess trying to get correct answers.

now need to work on my disney cc renewed as it expired but that one happened 4 months back.
too much happening to me and it slipped my mind as i only use it for discounts and perks in orlando.

does anyone know if there are the extra points given to peeps when they open a new disney visa card?

son did a new disney visa last year and there was a promo going on at that time and he received a $250 gift card for opening a new account with them.
we spent that gift card when we went to disney earlier this year.

When we did it, it was a gift card as well - though ours was "only" $200. It was a while ago though. In our case, we had to pay a yearly fee for the $200 gift card but the yearly fee was well under $200 so it was worth it. We just had to remember to cancel it!

Oh Chuckers - 74 days, 2 months and 12 days, 10 weeks and 4 days, 1,776 hours, 106,560 minutes and 6,393,600 seconds. Just sayin'

Count downs are fun.. but they REALLY build up the anticipation!

52 days - 1 month, 21 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes, 14 seconds :)

Tink and Lynne reading your abbreviated WDW restaurant ressie event plans is like alien language to me....LOL
Did not realize until last year that Disney was doing all these extra food events. Have to hand it to Disney they have come up with a way to wring a lot money out of events other then park tickets and accommodations. Folks seem to like them a lot and are willing to pay large sums of money to attend them.

They do some events that you don't have to spends big bucks to enjoy. I love going during the Flower and Garden show. The exhibits are free and some really fun stuff to do. The butterfly tent is great and all the topiaries are cool to look at.

Scotch Bonnet Chillies.
I accidentally grew these one year-thought I had grabbed jalepeno plant. STILL have a full gallon ziploc bag of them whole in freezer they freeze great whole)-nice to have when I need something for taco/mexican night. growing jalepeno this year. Corn just about ready.
1 gallon ziploc full of whole skinned tomatoes (perfect for chili). 1 gallon chopped tomatoes, 2 pints of tomato sauce.
When we did it, it was a gift card as well - though ours was "only" $200. It was a while ago though. In our case, we had to pay a yearly fee for the $200 gift card but the yearly fee was well under $200 so it was worth it. We just had to remember to cancel it!
we got that offer in 2015-but was the free card-nice rewards. Kept the card although not using it much-still managed to get ~$450 rewards dollars for this trip though, recently upgraded to the fee card as it accumulates rewards faster...

So...Outta the blue, my dear bride sez..."Have you seen those F & W Festival MENU's!?"...:sail:
Now, We've been hitched for more than a little while, so I got my "OK to spend $ Radar" pretty well tuned. (Don't have a "Don't spend $ Radar!). 8-)
Coastal Eats Kiosk!!! NOM-NOM-NOM!!! pixiedust:

Gonna destroy my RR pts probably. :rolleyes1

HeHe, Buckeev got caught hook, line and sinker. LOL

Oh yeah, Epcot is a place to partake of some good tasting food and drink.

A wahoo for you Buckeev. Hope the wife is feeling better and you're plotting and scheming more days to your trip.

is today wagman's birthday?

i know he mentioned his was after kohlby's but can't find the post.

better to be early than late, so....

:bday::bday:

:cake:

:wave2: Wags.....

Happy Birthday wag.........hope it's a good un........

MonyK.........this is my first chilli plant, but won't be my last. I need to look for different varieties since I've managed to take care of this one.......not sure how limited I am with choice over here.......our winter temps aren't conducive to certain things growing.......but love em all.....any kind of jalapeño.

Although we call them chillies usually, not jalapeños........can be confused with the dish called chilli......which I hate funnily enough......

Nice sounding trip buckeev..........

It's cooled down a lot tonight.........not long till bedtime over here..........I think it's already getting slightly darker earlier already..........

October girls trip is ON!!!
Had to-Frontier flights are running a price war-$39 down, $29 back, switched days slightly-resort went down!
DH couldn't say no.
Will be at the mouse house 10/7-10/11 and first Food and Wine! Think I am more excited about October than August :banana:
Gotta run the boy to soccer...

Wahoo to MonyK on the October trip. That is great airfare pricing.

A very happy birthday to Wags. May your weekend birthday be awesome.

It is so hot.

Made very tasty bacon and cheese mixed in burgers. Only one left. Even I had a double. Had to make some Gen. Tso chicken to leave for DH. One burger would not be enough for him.

Little One complained there was no lettuce with the fresh tomato slices. Too bad. She ate more than her share of the lettuce last night. I was not going out. The house is not that cool, but cooler, and less humid than outside.

Getting tired.

monyk, you will like food and wine.
this will be the first time since 2005 i have missed it
just doing the darkside this year.

so close yet so far away, looks like we will be in different parks and no meet and greet ........

buckeev, are you only doing the motherland this fall?
well with all the points you racked up for the last trip months back, you have plenty of them to use for you and your bride

lynne, that is one dish i can not make like i get in the chinese resturants.

Gen Tso chicken....

Happy Birthday to you! Are you doing anything special? Hubby has his mid-century one in a few weeks and I feel like I should plan something special for it but there isn't anything he wants. He grew up with his parents doing nothing for their own birthdays so he's still learning that adults can do something!

Yeah, the big five-ohh is tomorrow (Saturday)...the wife and boys (plus one girlfriend) say they are taking me out for food...somewhere, but won't say...my guess is Bucca di Beppo (I love that place, but the others just like it). I guess I will find out when the time comes. I don't need a big party...low key is fine with me.

Nice sounding trip Monyk.........

Wag, hope it`s a great weekend for your birthday......low key is good.

Good Morning homies. AC is cranking already this morning. Triple H today: Hazy, Hot, and Humid.

Friday! That deserves a Wahoo.

Low key birthdays are nice. Birthday dinner out nice too.

Mac, I make quite a few Chinese meals, though also buy from a local place too.

Have to holler, kids are moving slow.

Yeah, the big five-ohh is tomorrow (Saturday)...the wife and boys (plus one girlfriend) say they are taking me out for food...somewhere, but won't say...my guess is Bucca di Beppo (I love that place, but the others just like it). I guess I will find out when the time comes. I don't need a big party...low key is fine with me.

You have a wife, boys AND a girlfriend? You're really going to have a happy birthday! ;)

Happy Friday all!

Going to Six Flags tonight! Get some night coaster riding in!!!

Sounds like a good trip @Monykalyn. Beware of all the drunks in Epcot! :)

@Lynne G 1 Month, 20 Days, 16 Hours, 38 minutes and 2 seconds!

morning everyone :wave2:

Happy Birthday wagman67

IMG_2144.GIF

50 is one of those milestone birthdays have a great one.

Buckeev and Monykalyn so glad to hear you all are going to get to some vacation time to enjoy F & W.

Lynne love the countdown.

It's going to be smokin hot here today too.

Had dinner with sisters last night. Older sister was passing through on her way to Minnesota. She said it has been really hot in Orlando.

She said when she passed Volcano Bay one day last week she saw that the park was at capacity at 10:15 in the morning and the park was closed to any additional people.

Chuckers have fun at Six Flags tonight.

IMG_2148.GIF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter