Something About Nothing ... #12

Again sweltering in gym, weather. Not supposed to break till next week.

Spent more hours than i care to admit trying to put together 2nd week of Oct trip with DS. Striking out badly @ Universal & paying thru teeth for 5 nights @ a value @ WDW. Talk about everything crossed, Think i may have a 2 BR @ WBonnetCreek for not much more a night.
Too funny the sleepers. My brother's picture was taken with his new granddaughter, he was watching her, both were sound asleep.

Hehe Mac. My long ago dog used to whine something terrible and scratch the door if we closed the bathroom door. One day, dog jumped into DH's shower. That was fun. Also never needed a pillow under the baby, dog's head was in my lap. The two dogs were good too, food licked off floor, chair, hands, and face when the kids were tots.

Nice, very warm evening. Older one turned up the AC. Tomorrow, 10am will see 82 degrees. Next 2 days, heat index over 100 degrees. Kids better drink like fishes.

What was in the croc tonight Keisha? I fried up chip steak and peppers and onions. Cheesesteaks. Water ice for dessert.

Food Network on, kids need to give mom some TV time.

Nada. Grabbed a $5 rotisserie chicken & a slice of pizza/drink @ $2.50 for me @ sams club yesterday :)

DH so sick all night doubt he'll eat a thing pre work.

Good morning :coffee:

I was up a at the crack of dawn to try and book Trader Sam's again and was told that the system hadn't been loaded yet but was able to book another event instead...now I have to call back at 9 and if it's available cancel the other event and book TS...Disney IT stinks :sad2:

We really enjoyed it, lucky to have a 2nd week to choose last year as the 1st weeks' gone the 1st day. I remember u got shut out. Good luck

Ps beware the full-size drinks. I went back to my bed @ AKV @ 3 pm and laid there the rest of the night. Room was spinning lol & i had given one full drink to the mr. Light weight i am, oh the shame

I hear ya Tink, I wanted to book a Fantasmic meal at MM, and keep saying nothing available - that usually means not loaded yet. But the other 2 restaurants are loaded. I'm going to cancel the H&V one if I can get a MM one. Frustrating for sure. Last year, I did a couple of F&W things. This year, I don't see anything that fits or interests me enough, or what? not paying that price. So, other than D23 day, I'm just going to enjoy the food and walk around. Good luck getting Trader's Sam's. I'll cross my fingers for ya.

I have jack, maybe a BoG lunch, need to look.

Might try for Japanese beer tasting but $80 pp is awfully steep for food i won't eat (lamb). Better off probably to do do our own impromptu tasting.

I always enjoy getting my hair done. Then I wash it a couple days after my salon visit and it never looks the same....:scared1:

I love a good garden tomato. Mine are not ready to pick yet. MonyK must have great soil and a lot of sun to help with her tomatoes.

Mac the squirrels and deer eat the peaches and apples out of our trees and help themselves to a tomato every once and awhile too.

Keisha hope you and hubby are doing better with the respiratory illness you had.

I have a dentist appointment this morning so need to kick it in high gear.....That would be a good HHN house something with a frightening dental twist to it :scared1:.

Google knotts berry farm for their take. OMG, it was dreadful - fun :)

May have to toss DH in car to urgi care if he doesn't turn corner soon.

Yeah, the big five-ohh is tomorrow (Saturday)...the wife and boys (plus one girlfriend) say they are taking me out for food...somewhere, but won't say...my guess is Bucca di Beppo (I love that place, but the others just like it). I guess I will find out when the time comes. I don't need a big party...low key is fine with me.

A milestone, you are still a young buck in my book. Enjoy

Happy Bday @wagman67 !
Ugh @keishashadow - hope the DH is feeling better.
Did my garden picking early-when I let the chickens out. Found my culprit on who is eating the tomatoes off the vine-lil roo! He enjoyed green beans and any blossoms he could find off squash and green bean plants. explains why I haven't gotten many cucumbers or squash! moved vines as much as I could back from fence...

I do have good soil-have compost bin, and when I deep clean the coop 2 x year there is beautiful rich layer of dirt under old straw (I use "deep litter" method where i add fresh straw to top layer and mix with older straw top layer). Plus the girls (hens) are allowed in the beds in the winter where they scratch keep weeks to minimum-keeps the soil from getting too compacted.

Going to be another steamer again this weekend. Sitting on deck currently while breeze blows, before sun hits deck. Won't last much longer...

:crazy2: On the street feels like 122 degrees out.

Yuck, stinky gym Keisha. It is so hot, and now saying heat wave will not be done until Tuesday. Don't blame ya for not cooking. Sorry to hear DH not feeling well. Hope he feels better soon.

That is so funny MonyK, your garden thief. Chicken neighbors get fresh veggies every day. Neighbor has a big garden, so I bet he composts too.

With that, may do some errands. Wearing a hat as well as sporting sunglasses.

Have a nice afternoon homies. The weekend is arriving soon. :sunny:

We really enjoyed it, lucky to have a 2nd week to choose last year as the 1st weeks' gone the 1st day. I remember u got shut out. Good luck

Ps beware the full-size drinks. I went back to my bed @ AKV @ 3 pm and laid there the rest of the night. Room was spinning lol & i had given one full drink to the mr. Light weight i am, oh the shame

I have jack, maybe a BoG lunch, need to look.

Might try for Japanese beer tasting but $80 pp is awfully steep for food i won't eat (lamb). Better off probably to do do our own impromptu tasting.

May have to toss DH in car to urgi care if he doesn't turn corner soon.
We did get to do Trader Sam's last year and had a blast. We made it back to Pop just in time to catch ME to the airport. Let's just say we were feeling no pain on the flight home...:laughing:...yeah, those full sized drinks will get you every time.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get it this time and I hate it because it was Trey's only request. I booked the Mediterranean pairing at Spice Road Table instead so at least we get to try something new. We will visit Trader Sam's and have a few tiki drinks instead...my wallet will thank me.

Hope Mr Keisha is feeling better :goodvibes

@wagman67 ....wishing you a :bday:weekend :cake:party:I stopped counting after 40.

@Chuckers enjoy those coasters at 6 flags...I grew up 5 minutes down the road from our local 6 flags and remember when it cost $1.75 for admission the first year...those were the days.

My countdown is now at 53 days :jumping1:

@Lynne G ...my Disney luck has run out for this trip...no Trader Sam's, no FoP fastpass ...I'll keep trying to get the fp and if not then we will enjoy the queue with everyone else.

@Monykalyn ...wish I still had my compost pile, chicken litter makes the best black gold.

We still need the video of little roo crowing.

I'm having a lazy day since it's too hot to do anything with temps in the mid 90's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay cool, my friends :cool1:

Work has been a series of fires today.... there are some days it just doesn't pay to chew through the restraints.

@tink1957 This is the first time I will be able to do the coasters in the dark. My favorite time to ride coasters!

We still need the video of little roo crowing.

Think he is too hot to crow today-no one is moving around much - there is a nice breeze but it is just blowing hot air around lol!
I tossed ice cubes in all their water trays and it was kinda funny watching them trying to figure out what that was. Didn't bring my phone with me to video it though.

Did some errands and now sticky - did manage to come out of Sam's Club under $100:banana: (it was $98 and change but still-and totally forgot to redeem gift card again-does anyone else do the walmart savings catcher?)

Got a sampler bite at grocery store that had basically caprese on baguette-surprised me that the boy liked it so we bought the baguette and decide we are having appetizer night tonight.

Did some errands and now sticky - did manage to come out of Sam's Club under $100:banana: (it was $98 and change but still-and totally forgot to redeem gift card again-does anyone else do the walmart savings catcher?)

Yes, I loaded the Walmart App on phone last December. My cousin told me about it. It is awesome. Nice to be making back all that money by just scanning your receipt after you shop with them. They do all the work by looking for cheaper prices on the items you purchased from them as compared to other stores. Very nice :flower1:

Quick drive by today........

Janet, hope your mister is much better today........:hug: and hope your weekend celebration goes well......:wave2:

Going to friends outdoor 40th Birthday Party this afternoon........looks like rain, but thankfully they have hired a giant marquee, so we'll be dry at least. They have a massive covered hotub on their property too, but can't see it being very popular today.......I don't like hotubs anyway........

Loving my new washing machine........looks nice too.

Rain is on.......need to find my brolly now.......

Have a good Saturday everyone..........

Oh :bday: wag.......:cake:

Have fun this afternoon Schumi, sorry to hear it will be raining, but at least party should be nice.

Another steamy day. Feel like temp is 111. At least not as hot as yesterday. Chance of severe storms this afternoon. Some rain passed through around 4 am, but it doesn't s out to sea already, so the sun dried it all up, nothing looks like it rained.

Have a great Saturday. Love when nothing but enjoying a pool this afternoon. I assume little one will have to remove a frog or two. The creek near the pool is lower than it should be.

Time for tea, and bacon.

Happy Saturday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_2155.JPG

Off to the farmers market to see what goodies they have this morning.

Wagman67 have a Happy 50th Birthday.

IMG_2157.JPG

Schumi have a great time at the party this afternoon.

Lynne enjoy your pool day today.

IMG_2160.JPG

I adore all the minionions!

Always gets a smile out of me

Good Saturday to all the homies today!

i'm so familiar with that accent now........

hope your birthday is special now you hit the magic number of adulthood

96 with heat index of 102 here.

but st louis much worse..

thursday and yesterday 101 and heat index was high.....

i don't miss living in the st louis area anymore when it is july or august
never had ac in the house when i lived there but was used to it as the only place i lived until i moved to chicago when i was 27

when we were house hunting, every house we looked at was central air.....
and we use it nonstop

That is hot mac!

Today turned out just lovely! Weather turned gorgeous and it was sunny and hot all afternoon with no rain at all.......

Food and drink were excellent. They had caterers and barmen doing all the work......it was a large party! And it was nice to catch up with some people we hadn't seen for a while, some from Saudi who hadn't heard dh was retiring early........such a lovely day.

But just after 11 here now.........bedtime soon for us.........

And the rain came. Lights have flickered twice so far. We are in the middle of a red and yellow colored radar thunderstorm. Downpours are us. Just before that, it was 91 and oh so humid. Feel like 111 this afternoon. Lovely double dip in the 85 degree pool.

Wings and cheesesteaks with Cesar Salad. Just chilling, as rain to be in and off until around midnight.

Sounded like a great party and weather Schumi.

Minions viewing tomorrow morning. Not too early, as kids will be late sleepers as usual. Good thing the seats are reserved at the theater.

yes @macraven very hot here (not in STL) but MO is hotter than Florida right now! 78 degrees Lake Buena Vista, 96 degrees in Springfield MO.
Poor lil chicks are panting-may have to whip up an electrolyte solution for them.

Sounds like a great party @schumigirl!

No rain (yet) here-watering garden twice a day for past few days.

Tried to sit on deck-gave up. As my son put it-in 2 weeks (+2 days) we will be IN a pool a Disney so why try to get used to heat out of it? Good thinking son...:)

Watching a Dr Who episode with River Song and the last Dr. DD had to explain River's timeline to me LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter