Something About Nothing ... #12

Well...Best plans and all that..
My mother-in-law is having emergency surgery today and my son and I just canceled our flight for this morning. We still are gonna try to get to Baltimore ASAP, but we hafta make sure there are no complications from her surgery. Some of y'all know this...Gage is Autistic and change is a bear for him. But he usually understands things sometimes happen.
My dear bride is already talking about remodeling and adding the dreaded "Mother-In-Law Wing" to the house. Oh boy....I'm not sure there are enough crabs in the bay to drown that stress! :scared:

Sorry to hear you've had to postpone your trip.

Hope Gage is ok with the change. And of course hope your MiL comes through surgery and is absolutely fine afterwards, then you can pursue your trip again. Won't mention the MiL wing...........:) but best wishes to her.

Aw, I'm touched (in the head hehe) but also by all the wishes & pics, thanx guys

A lovely BLT made by my better half & he did the dishes & gave dog a bath. I may keep him!

DiL/oldest DS/GD bought me a Dooney & Burke Haunted Mansion bag. :hmghost:Going to a combo outdoor film/BBQ thing @ local PSU this evening. Hope the mosquitoes aren't biting.

Lynne - check your Dec flights. This am was able to change our SWA flight after Thanksgiving from crack of dawn to arriving much later, shortly before midnight. now have a credit of $320 for the two of us:banana:. Willing to give up the day for that, really not a fan of leaving my house @ 3 am to catch any flight.

Well, already have one I suppose.

Our bedroom has subtle tones of purple along with shimmery silvers and few other tones. I actually don't really like pure purple walls.......

Glad you have sunshine.......ours is still hiding..........:sunny:

Just looked on the Island cam where my mum lives and they are having a gorgeous day.......hope it says that way till we arrive on Saturday for friends daughters wedding on Sunday. We had a gorgeous day when we got married all those years ago, every Saturday leading up was chucking it down with rain, so we were delighted it was so glorious.....got some lovely outdoor pictures.

Time for lunch..........

Keisha............where are ooooooooooo :wave2:

Present & accounted for. That color combo sounds pretty. Walllpaper? We still have the same stuff on walls of our BR as when we moved in, have given up trying to remove it. Stripes, why did it have to be stripes? Keep threatening to slap on a coat of Kilz but haven't followed through. Let's just say I've hung a lot of pictures/shelves on the wall.

That wedding came around quickly! Rain on wedding day supposed to portend good luck.

Good Wednesday morning all :wave2:

Happy Birthday Keisha
View attachment 260099
View attachment 260100

I was going to send you a pic of a bunch of hunky dudes twerking, but did not want to get your blood pressure up first thing in the morning :laughing:

@ 5:30 am today my oldest DS sent me a slew of like memes lol

I bet birthday girl is sleeping in
Unless someone took her out for a birthday breakfast

Sleeping in will resume on August 23rd here, amidst those back to school tears I'm prone to even with GD. Such a sap i am.

My mother-in-law is having emergency surgery today and my son and I just canceled our flight for this morning. We still are gonna try to get to Baltimore ASAP, but we hafta make sure there are no complications from her surgery. Some of y'all know this...Gage is Autistic and change is a bear for him. But he usually understands things sometimes happen.
My dear bride is already talking about remodeling and adding the dreaded "Mother-In-Law Wing" to the house. Oh boy....I'm not sure there are enough crabs in the bay to drown that stress! :scared:

Oh no, glad your son is coping with this well. We did the 'mother-in-law' apartment too. I consoled my DH it adds value to the property. Problem is i have yet to actually clear out my mom's stuff, just can't bring myself to do it and it's been 3 years. Never coming home, call from her dr today, yet another issue for her. Just one thing after another poor thing.

Sorry to hear that Buckeev. Sending mummy dust that all goes well, and glad to hear DS was okay with having to wait for another trip with dad.

Glad to hear you are alive Kesha. Yeah, I don't mind for the early bird flight down this month, and the not quite early bird flight down in October. In December, we're taking a late afternoon flight down and will enjoy staying at the airport. So far, no better rates than already have. But wahoo for a credit. That means another trip in less than a year. Darn SW is still not showing many nonstop flights. Guess Orlando not direct is okay for my area, just not me.

Almost time for lunch, and I know it will not be nearly as lush as Schumi had.

Robo, hope all is well with you, and the coffee was hot this morning.

He is definitely a keeper Janet! A BLT works for me anytime........:D

Yep, wallpaper but kinda textured almost material like, but not quite.....it looks shimmery and slightly, very slightly sparkly........I love it. One wall is a feature and other walls are slightly muted silvery colour with what looks like tiny strands of purple through......hard to describe really.......lol.......yeah not a big fan of stripes either.......

Yep, wedding on Sunday, coming back early Monday morning as we have an appointment late Monday afternoon. Takes about 5/6 hours to get home so won't be drinking much champagne as I couldnt travel with even a slight hangover. Tom isn't drinking at all as he is driving. Hope you're having a lovely day still........

Almost bedtime here........well, in a bit........not many plans tomorrow......waxing of legs in the afternoon.......always fun!

Glad I made it back in time to wish Janet :bday::bday::bday::bday:party:party::cake:Hope your day was as awesome as you are :flower1:

It's been a rainy week here...I got off work at 8 and it was raining so hard at one point that I could barely see the road. Luckily it only lasted a few miles or I wouldn't have made It.

Buck, sorry about your trip...hope mil improves quickly and you get to go later.

Good night all :goodvibes

I so hope your mil did fine in the surgery and will have a quick recovery

Sending mummy dust all will turn out fine

Hugs to Gage
Change of plans can be hard for anyone but hope he was okay with a delay for your trip East

No wisdom for adding an inlaw room

But you do what you have to do
It will all work out for you
And the Mrs will call you her rock and hero

I so hope your mil did fine in the surgery and will have a quick recovery

Sending mummy dust all will turn out fine

Hugs to Gage
Change of plans can be hard for anyone but hope he was okay with a delay for your trip East

No wisdom for adding an inlaw room

But you do what you have to do
It will all work out for you
And the Mrs will call you her rock and hero

Awwww...Not exactly the four-letter words she usually calls me!!! :worship:

Surgery went well...gonna be another session with all that rehab fun though. "Old Girl's" a tough customer.

Gage and Daddeo are rebooked on the 5:30 AM...Gonna try to grab an hour-or-two of shuteye...Those CRABS are calling my name!!! :dogdance:

Thanks for all the kind words y'all! :love:

Awwww...Not exactly the four-letter words she usually calls me!!! :worship:

Surgery went well...gonna be another session with all that rehab fun though. "Old Girl's" a tough customer.

Gage and Daddeo are rebooked on the 5:30 AM...Gonna try to grab an hour-or-two of shuteye...Those CRABS are calling my name!!! :dogdance:

Thanks for all the kind words y'all! :love:

Glad to hear it went ok.......have a fun trip and enjoy all those crabs!!!!

Finally we have a beautiful sunny day here......and warm.........yay! Everything looks so gorgeous especially after all the rain we`ve had........grass, plants, bushes and trees look vibrant.

Got leg waxing appointment this afternoon then definitely sitting in the garden at some point today......

Have a great Thursday...........

Yay! for Buckeev. Crack of dawn flights are awesome. Safe travels and eat more crabs! Good to hear MIL is out of surgery and making a recovery.

Good afternoon Schumi. Happy your weather has improved and are enjoying another lush lunch. :sunny:

Morning homies! Time for tea. The sun is up, the morning nicely cool. Beautiful Thursday for us too. Then the muggy weather returns, so rain predicted for the week-end. Sigh. Don't save the rain for the week-end. Well, since older one got to the beach with his friends, little one just said she's going down the shore with her friend this week-end. It will be a quiet week-end. :music:

So, drink up! It's a throw back, thirsty Thursday. Make it a great one homies!

Happy Thursday all!

Question...how many have cut the cord and are no longer cable subscribers? I keep reading how people no longer pay the ever growing cable bills and are going with streaming services. I have Comcast and my bill is just over $200 a month which is ridiculous and I don't watch a lot of television any more. I mainly watch AHS and American Greed which I DVR and watch later so I can skip the commercials. I really want to cut that bill down and only pay for internet but I can't seem to make the call.

Are you or have you cut cable services?

We have dish and hate it
Contract up in December and renewing

If it rains or have winds, we lose reception on all the sets

Weather channel and mr Mac has sports channels that stop when weather changes.

No idea what we pay
I let mr Mac pay it

That's why I don't want to go the satellite route...we have too many storms in the summer here in Florida so I wouldn't be able to watch much of anything from May until October. :scratchin

Glad to hear all went well! My son doesn't deal with change well either - getting better- as he has anxiety issues.

Happy birthday to @keishashadow! Lots of august birthdays.

Hanging in room at Saratoga Springs. DH and middle DD made it in earlier yesterday (plane must have been in a friendly jet stream). Also room was ready by 2pm! Nice surprise after after Hearing so many stories about DVC rooms not ready til 6 or 8 pm or later. We are right by quiet pool and steps from bus stop in Grandstand section. Love it. DS woke with congestion and not feeling well last night (this am actually-3am), so we bailed on MK ropedrop and cancelled BoG lunch to hang by pool and take it easy. Plans for Studios tonight. Middle kid still asleep although about to wake her up. DH and I got some work done too so it works out ok.

Got a notice my October flight changed- we are now a half hour earlier coming in- works for me:thumbsup2.

Pool time!

Glad to hear all went well! My son doesn't deal with change well either - getting better- as he has anxiety issues.

Happy birthday to @keishashadow! Lots of august birthdays.

Hanging in room at Saratoga Springs. DH and middle DD made it in earlier yesterday (plane must have been in a friendly jet stream). Also room was ready by 2pm! Nice surprise after after Hearing so many stories about DVC rooms not ready til 6 or 8 pm or later. We are right by quiet pool and steps from bus stop in Grandstand section. Love it. DS woke with congestion and not feeling well last night (this am actually-3am), so we bailed on MK ropedrop and cancelled BoG lunch to hang by pool and take it easy. Plans for Studios tonight. Middle kid still asleep although about to wake her up. DH and I got some work done too so it works out ok.

Got a notice my October flight changed- we are now a half hour earlier coming in- works for me:thumbsup2.

Pool time!

Have a blast! Let us know what you think of the Pandora section!

We just got cable, but not that expensive. Kids wanted the cable shows and sports. So, we used to have internet sling tv, but that was a pain. I think may really depend on where you live. I have it bundled though.

When we lived up North, cable was the best way to go for tv

We had a rotator antennae but storms knocked it out in year two when there
Switched to cable and liked it best

Down where I am, only option will be cable
We are outside the city limits and one mile from what fiber optics we really want so going with next step down

At least tv will not go out then

It started to do a light sprinkle and tv out now
Only 3.5 more months on our dish contract and we switch

Hope buck and monyk have a great time on their trips.

We have directv and experience the same problems as mac ...forget watching on a stormy day. I pay $97 per month with no premium channels. The only reason I keep it is I get east and west coast channels since I was grandfathered in before the restrictions. If I could get a good bundle with Wi-Fi I would ditch it in a second but the only option here is hughesnet :rolleyes:

We actually cut the cord three years ago...went antennae and streaming. I had been on Directv for 20 years...was one of their first national customers back in 1994, but they kept giving away the kitchen sink to new customers and not giving their loyal base much of anything, so we dropped them. We tried various streaming services and Netflix.

Then, earlier this year, I spoke with Charter and they offered a deal that came in just under what I was paying for cable internet (through them), Netflix and the streaming service I was using (which had a number of channels, but limited the number of devices). So, I actually went with cable and have actually been quite happy. We pay $100 (that includes the taxes and fees) for 60MB speed Internet and about 100 channels (they say close to 200, but they count a lot of the channels twice...once for SD and once for HD). We only use the single HD Box with DVR they provide and rent a CableCard ($2/month...which is in that $100). With the CableCard, I use a device called a HDHomerun Prime, which you hook the cable to and then hook it to your home network and you have three tuners that you can use with your computers and other devices (phones, pads). In addition to that, you get access to the channels you use via their apps.

Works out pretty well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter