Something About Nothing ... #12

Today is the only day this week that it didn't rain...my grass is knee high in the side yard so I purchased a new lawnmower today since mine bit the dust after numerous repairs. Unfortunately I decided to save money by getting one that was returned to the store and had no issues found. We got it home and it wouldn't crank, looked in the gas tank and found that someone had mixed oil In with the gas :headache: so frustrating. Obviously no one checked it out when it was originally returned. Back to the store I go on Monday if my guy can't fix it.

Glad to hear your girl is all settled in monyk.

Have fun at six flags Chuckers.

Robo hope you feel better soon :flower1:

Only 32 days to go for me :yay:

Evening Sans family :wave2:.

Hope all are well and getting ready for a relaxing weekend.

Meds have kicked in a tad. Cough and fever worse at night though.

Monykalyn hope your son feels better soon :hug:. Glad to hear your daughter is getting settled and you and your hubby are getting some time away.

Lynne your birthday is on the lunar eclipse. Read in the paper today that the rooms in Hopkinsville Kentucky that usually go for $69.00 a night have sold out for $500.00 a night. The hotels two hours away are selling out. They are expecting thousands from the US, Canada and Europe. Kentucky grandchildren live about an hour away from there and they said their local news is saying for them to make sure they have what they need from the stores and don't even attempt to eat out that day. Will be interesting.

Mac hope you are feeling better and the walking is getting easier

Keisha I made arrangements to rent a car back in March and I'am glad I did. Prices have continued to rise for sure.
Also RPR and PBH is showing unavailable for first part of October. I guess that's a precursor to letting us know it's going to be busy.

Chuckers yeah !!!!! To the zero months countdown :dancer:

Hey Tink :wave2:

Sorry to hear about the lawn mower. There is nothing more frustrating than getting a new piece of equipment home and finding it doesn't work.

Yeah !!!!! to your closer countdown. Vacations are so awesome to look forward to ::yes::

Schumi
Happy travels tomorrow
Enjoy the wedding

Tink
Ugh of all the dirty tricks someone did to the mower they returned...
Shame on them
Hope you can exchange it

I ended up hiring a lawn service
Took Mr Mac two hours to mow our yard every 6 days
Plenty of "have mower, need work " in my area
Maybe you can find someone to mow for you

Robo
This is a long time with you having that illness
You need to get better soon and kick that virus/infection out of the park!
Feel better real soon

Lynne
You have a few trips lined up for this year
Don't you have one coming up in a week or two ?
Happy and safe travels

MonyK
Hope family is fine and son feels better
Is daughter all set up now and busy with her cp position?

Buckeev
Are we there yet and eating crabs?
All good on the home front?

To any I did not mention and big hey to youse
Hugs to all

Evening Robo, Mac, and Tink.

Sorry to hear of your mower issues Tink. That stinks it was not what you bargained for.

Robo, hope your fever breaks soon, and no more coughing tonight. Take care. Yeah, my birthday gets attention. Better than when I was born. I have been reminded that the rocket went off before I decided to arrive. We are not in the direct path, so around 70 or 80 percent. I forget. I see lots of advertisements to stay where full effect area. Terrible the rates jacked so high. Bet even over the holidays those rates would not be seen. Hope the grandchildren have no traffic issues that day. At least it is only 1 day, so would think many would go home the next day.

Yep Mac, just over 2 weeks, or 15 days. Crack of dawn, well before dawn, flight. I wanted a full day to do the 4 or more hours of driving.

Quiet night. Older one is over friend's house. Little one down the shore with her friend, and DH is already in bed. I may wait up, but are getting tired. We give an 11 o'clock curfew.

Thanks mac.........just about to set off........got around 5-6 hours drive today, then meal with family tonight and wedding tomorrow........can't wait......

Sorry never got to email you ladies before I left...........yesterday was a busy one! Will send pic as promised though, maybe when I get home........internet up there isn't the best, if we get it at all......

Have a great weekend everyone.........back Monday..........:D

Mac u know u 'made it' when u pay someone to cut your grass! Moving on up :) lol
Today is the only day this week that it didn't rain...my grass is knee high in the side yard so I purchased a new lawnmower today since mine bit the dust after numerous repairs. Unfortunately I decided to save money by getting one that was returned to the store and had no issues found. We got it home and it wouldn't crank, looked in the gas tank and found that someone had mixed oil In with the gas :headache: so frustrating. Obviously no one checked it out when it was originally returned. Back to the store I go on Monday if my guy can't fix it.

Glad to hear your girl is all settled in monyk.

Have fun at six flags Chuckers.

Robo hope you feel better soon :flower1:

Only 32 days to go for me :yay:

Getting so close for. You

Off with their heads! That really stinks. Tall grass hard enough to cut (usually full of snakes here by that point wah) but when it's wet forget it.

Evening Sans family :wave2:.

Hope all are well and getting ready for a relaxing weekend.

Meds have kicked in a tad. Cough and fever worse at night though.

Monykalyn hope your son feels better soon :hug:. Glad to hear your daughter is getting settled and you and your hubby are getting some time away.

Lynne your birthday is on the lunar eclipse. Read in the paper today that the rooms in Hopkinsville Kentucky that usually go for $69.00 a night have sold out for $500.00 a night. The hotels two hours away are selling out. They are expecting thousands from the US, Canada and Europe. Kentucky grandchildren live about an hour away from there and they said their local news is saying for them to make sure they have what they need from the stores and don't even attempt to eat out that day. Will be interesting.

Mac hope you are feeling better and the walking is getting easier

Keisha I made arrangements to rent a car back in March and I'am glad I did. Prices have continued to rise for sure.
Also RPR and PBH is showing unavailable for first part of October. I guess that's a precursor to letting us know it's going to be busy.

Chuckers yeah !!!!! To the zero months countdown :dancer:

Yes, it's going to be slammed. There is a convention @ SF that weekend. Not sure if the one @ PBH we've run into in the past that weekend or not. They've shut down citiwalk at times for private event during the week prior

Hmm not quite turned the corner yet, sounds like you're peeking around it though with the meds! Yea:)

Carole - have fun!!!

Wedding is a great reason to travel. Have a lovely time Schumi.

Morning homies. No rain for us. Seems the weather people were surprised the line of downpours went south of us, and left a muggy mostly sunny day. But, with dew points in the high 60's, almost excessive. Thankful temp to be around 85. Chickens were out and about early today. A clucking alarm clock.

Have a nice Saturday all. Enjoy 6 flags Chuckers.

Hey Keisha, when you landing on the 1st? Going to party with Mickey that night. Praying POP is quiet and clean.

Mac u know u 'made it' when u pay someone to cut your grass! Moving on up :) lol

labor is cheap in my area.
the dude has a rider and does all the trimming around the sidewalks and rakes up what isn't mulched down.

i have a hair less than one acre so it is a big yard to get done.

many places here are about $40 for each time they come out.
those that do extras, probably add to the basic costs they give out.

the dude does next door neighbor's place the past 5 years he said.
nice he can do both yards on the same day.
best thing is the dude is dependable!

Good to see you here schumi!
your weekend will fly by quickly and you'll be busy the entire time.
Coming back home, you will ask Tom, where did the time go.....

lynne, what time do you land on the 1st?
will you be rushed for the Mickey party that day?

Mac - least you don't have to pay to have the snow shoveled.

Wedding is a great reason to travel. Have a lovely time Schumi.

Morning homies. No rain for us. Seems the weather people were surprised the line of downpours went south of us, and left a muggy mostly sunny day. But, with dew points in the high 60's, almost excessive. Thankful temp to be around 85. Chickens were out and about early today. A clucking alarm clock.

Have a nice Saturday all. Enjoy 6 flags Chuckers.

Hey Keisha, when you landing on the 1st? Going to party with Mickey that night. Praying POP is quiet and clean.

BWV pre Universal. We have ridiculously early flight. Next one available not until mid-afternoon. No idea why Oct got such a short-shift on flights from SWA. Many more options avail for dates I've checked Nov - March. The last return flights leave around 3:30 pm too! So strange, always several per night, some don't arrive home until early the next day.

Since up so early that am, probably will buy the party tix on Tuesday, even though they cost more. Don't even have my HHN tix yet lol. It's looking so busy that first weekend, probably should purchase jik it sells out for individual tix for Jr.

I didn't realize the gondola construction was gearing up already at Pop. It's the visuals/pubic space disruptions that tend to annoy me. I can put up with the day-time construction noise well enough. Not sure i now want to chance switching over there the 2nd week, even to try or the new rooms.

Have you considered changing resort?

No, Keisha, as the email they gave me said mostly only during the day. As long as I don't hear it in the middle of the night, I am good. Plus, only 4 nights. I will let ya know when I check in, what room I got. Also standard, as I wanted cheap. I arrive around 9:30am. So, I figured be checking in by 11 or so. Then heading to MK, to do some afternoon rides and then party the night away. I was thinking Tuesday, but that is when my D23 day is, including a dessert party, so Epcot day for me. Glad I did not buy party tickets until I was sure I got the D23 ticket. Yeah, not many nonstops down or back for me either. If I don't take that early flight, next is after lunch. Um, no that is almost a wasted day. 4 pm flight back, as last of nonstop until 11:30pm. Leaving from RPR, so the ride back won't be that long. Oops, do not have my HHN ticket either. Have to renew AP, so maybe they will be nice and let me buy ticket too. So ready for vacation.

Good afternoon everyone :wave2:.

Sitting on back porch with tootsies propped up enjoying the beautiful day.

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2256.JPG

IMG_2255.JPG
Not sure what kind of lizard this is, but it's grown a new tail. Looked it up. It's a skink.

Just returned home from a presentation of John Ross and his original home and history of his leadership.
(Trail of Tears)

All done outside in his home of 1813 or so.

Brought chairs along as limited seating.

Man was it hot!
96 in the shade.

Looks like a skink too Robo. It is so muggy out, relaxing too, with some ice tea and deciding what for dinner.

Sound like an interesting talk about Ross Mac. That was one hot presentation. Good that you found shade and a chair.

no shade where we sat, direct sun but had chairs we brought from home.

we arrived one minute before it started so most everyone took the shaded areas on the porch of the house.

i did not have a large choice of flights out of Atlanta when i bought.
Went with SW only 4 of the flights that day are direct/non stop

same with return flight

I still keep looking at other airports and non stop flights
figure a deal may show up to fill a flight up.

can always use SW later

i can remember seeing lots of NS flights from milwaukee to orlando

My neighbors and I got together and hired a lawn service to take care of the yards...just too hot to mow down here in the summer. My mower is sitting in the shed rusting away. Maybe you should look into that option.

Homies!! Missed you all. Been a crazy time of good bad and horrible at our household.

@tink1957 ugh. Hope they rectify the mower situation.

@Chuckers six flags!! Yay.

@Metro West yep. Same here. We don't own a mower ha! It's fabulous.

@Robo56 and @Lynne G we have a lot of those here in Ga. tails are really pretty!

@macraven it has seriously been the muggiest ever!!

@Monykalyn @Robo56 sending wellness vibes your way!

@schumigirl weddings! So fun. Hope you have a blast.

@keishashadow BWV is so festive! We went there (and city walk) for my baby brothers birthday when we were down.

Update: love love love shades of green!! Their pool is amazing with the children's water area. Oh how I have missed the motherland. We were so close to upgrading to annual passes! We have renewed all of the uni passes but this MAY be our last year.

Closed down disney quest in the last day. It was so nostalgic.

Both my bosses quit on the same day - so work is in a bit of a flux. #CrabsInABarrel

Had an awesome family beach vacay until my niece (6) went under at the pool. We pulled her out and Hubby did CPR and got her breathing. They airlifted her to Pensacola ICU. She has recovered and is back home now. Wasn't under long enough to have organ or brain damage thank goodness! Hug your kids and grandkids/ nieces / nephews extra tonight.

Oh. And my oldest started kindergarten on Wednesday!! Time goes by so fast. My youngest started Pre K on July 31st. You seriously should not be in school in July. That is insane.

Hugs to you all.

Last edited:
goNDmay9

i just love it when my homie kids come back home and check in with us.....

Now July 31 is earlier than what we have in Ga for starting school.
Our area went back to school Tuesday August 1st.

hard to imagine your babies are old enough to be in school.......

Yeah, I wish there was a reasonable option around here but they all want $100 a pop and I can't afford it.

Lawnmower couldn't be fixed so I have to take it back...what a pain.

It was a bad day all around as I'm dealing with frustration at work...I need this vacation so much ...only 1 more month if I still have a job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!