Something About Nothing ... #12

Are you a fan of the movie? IMO that makes a big difference in those I've spoken to as to their take. Agree the land itself is very well-done, meticulous as to the line to the river ride.
not a fan at all of movie but the land itself is worth it without even knowing about the movie.

Happy Bday to @Metro West :bday: Lots of August Bdays

Have fun in KW Lynne!-never have been-bucket list. I love key lime pie...

Stormy start to day-had to take a detour from my normal backroad shortcut to one of my furthest homes-took extra 20 minutes-ugh! Looks clear now where I am but hoping for rain tonight so soccer practice is cancelled :P DH has a wingapalooza meeting tonight so I am pulling taxi duty. Supposed to be cooler/less humid next few days. Hope it lasts til weekend as I really need to tackle my overgrown garden and get fall plantings in...

DD got to glue popsicle sticks to signs of some kind yesterday. She said she enjoyed it lol! Off today and tomorrow so hopefully with her able to rest the ankle to help with healing.

Todd, hope it was a good birthday for you.........I'm almost catching up with you........big 50 for me next month! How did that happen...........:rolleyes1

not a fan at all of movie but the land itself is worth it without even knowing about the movie.

Happy Bday to @Metro West :bday: Lots of August Bdays

Have fun in KW Lynne!-never have been-bucket list. I love key lime pie...

Stormy start to day-had to take a detour from my normal backroad shortcut to one of my furthest homes-took extra 20 minutes-ugh! Looks clear now where I am but hoping for rain tonight so soccer practice is cancelled :P DH has a wingapalooza meeting tonight so I am pulling taxi duty. Supposed to be cooler/less humid next few days. Hope it lasts til weekend as I really need to tackle my overgrown garden and get fall plantings in...

DD got to glue popsicle sticks to signs of some kind yesterday. She said she enjoyed it lol! Off today and tomorrow so hopefully with her able to rest the ankle to help with healing.

Key lime pie fan here too.........Wingapalooza...........never heard of that before.........good luck with the garden.......cooler weather makes gardening easier sometimes........

Spent most of the day helping our closest farmer neighbour make chutney. She gets all our plums off the trees and turns them into chutney and pies. She's hurt her shoulder so wanted to help her........took most of the day between sterilising jars and cooking the stuff down. We've had a lot of plums and some apples already this year. Loads of apples and pears still to come. They'll be picked while we're away.

Tonight has been a quiet one again.......spoke to my sister about what's been planned for us at the weekend.......she couldn't tell me anything as it's all a surprise! Looking forward to it.........

Hope your Tuesday has been a good one..........

I got an email from Universal telling me that I am just 3 steps away from the fun!! (I am using the Superstar Shuttle service) I'm so excited!!! :)
giphy.gif

Update on the housemates/kitty situation. They have let their kitten (Colby - 8 months) out and he's been wandering around the townhouse now. My cats are now at the point of 'whatever'. So, things are good. They are not letting their other cat, Daxter out of the room. I fully believe Daxter has agoraphobia, plus, he hates almost every other living thing in the world. So, I have no problem letting him stay in their room. The problem now is that, Amanda, my female housemate has issues and everything that Colby does, she's worried he's going to die or hurt himself. Colby can't play with the cat toy because he chewed it up and he's going to choke on the threads. Colby can't stay on the stairs because he's going to fall and hurt himself. Colby can't do this.. can't do that.. She's now making ME a wreck. So, I hide downstairs in my man cave.

Sorry to hear of cat issues Chuckers. But a big wahoo for dark side email. Getting so close now.

Late dinner on stove. Still stinking hot. Odd, that high on Friday is to be 79. We will think that is cool. Not.

Have lovely evening homies, and maybe Schumi will share of of that lush chuntney. Yum, I like plums, apples, and most fruit.

The cat issue is actually going a lot better than I expected at this point. It's Amanda I need to sedate. ;)

Lynne, bet you were glad of those shaded seats........always feel for folks sat baking in the sun, although I`m sure some love it.......I prefer shade when sitting for such a long time.

It`s Wednesday again.........

Thunder and lightning and heavy downpours here today........been out to buy DH some birthday gifts and got drenched........had no jacket on as it`s incredibly humid.......something we don't get a lot of here. It`s pitch black too, so we have lamps on in sitting room.

Going back out after lunch with DH to pick up some stuff to take to Scotland on Friday. Hope it dries up by then.

Have a great Wednesday........

Yep, hump day indeed. Wednesday is here.

We have rain and thunderstorms too Schumi. Just got into a good sleep, then the thunderstorm arrived last night. Heavy downpour, and quite a bit of lightning. Still damp this morning, but also warm and muggy. Maybe some more rain this morning, then sunny and more sun. Dark here as well, lights are needed. Gray start to the day.

th
th
Camel is ready for HHN. Hello Keisha. Yes, it is Wednesday.

And it is time for tea, so have a beautiful Wednesday homies.

I am so used to weather where I live, so now understand why peeps freeze when temps drop

It is only 74 now and won't be warmer until noon
Wearing a jacket in the house

Good morning homies!

Morning everyone :wave2:. Cooler morning here to start.

Had lunch yesterday with my little sis. We were both saying we were having a hard time waiting to put up Halloween decorations. Think it will start next week. Found some really awesome new things this years to add to the Halloween collection. Had to use some restraint to keep from buying a 6 foot Dragon that had glowing eyes and moving wings. It reminded me of Game of Thrones dragon.

Happy Birthday to Metro West
IMG_2275.GIF

Yeah! Lynne your Key West trip is almost here.

IMG_2292.GIF

Happy Birthday to your hubby Schumi

IMG_2290.GIF

First day of school (sob). Check out those 'bad' boots i found :)

Happy birthday to the mr. Carole:cake: hope you found just the right present!

52:scratchin eh? I don't even remember 52 lol. :P

I try not to just call numbers and yardage...I hear too much of that. Each level is a bit different: with Varsity games, you have to be a bit more reserved and less one-sided with your comments. With JV, you can be more relaxed...the further you go down the chain, the more fun you can have interacting with the crowd...but I try to have fun as best I can. I try to paint the whole play...who carried the ball, which way they went, who was blocking for them, how the defense reacted and what the end result was. I am usually doing the music as well, so I mix that with the flow of the game. I try to keep the crowd in a runaway game, with little tidbits like " If you turn to page 6 of tonight's program and find 3 gold stars, please find so-and-so to see what you have won.", and of course there are no programs, but you see so many start trying to find the person with the programs. I just try not to be drab and serious.

I have a Middle School game to call Thursday.

Well, I take back my belated birthday wish and offer you the more current "Happy, not belated, Birthday!":cake::joker:

Playing to the crowd a good thing to keep the casual fans interested.

I got an email from Universal telling me that I am just 3 steps away from the fun!! (I am using the Superstar Shuttle service) I'm so excited!!! :)
giphy.gif

Update on the housemates/kitty situation. They have let their kitten (Colby - 8 months) out and he's been wandering around the townhouse now. My cats are now at the point of 'whatever'. So, things are good. They are not letting their other cat, Daxter out of the room. I fully believe Daxter has agoraphobia, plus, he hates almost every other living thing in the world. So, I have no problem letting him stay in their room. The problem now is that, Amanda, my female housemate has issues and everything that Colby does, she's worried he's going to die or hurt himself. Colby can't play with the cat toy because he chewed it up and he's going to choke on the threads. Colby can't stay on the stairs because he's going to fall and hurt himself. Colby can't do this.. can't do that.. She's now making ME a wreck. So, I hide downstairs in my man cave.

That is some catty drama:duck:. When i took in my MiL's Siamese, i had 2 already & 3 dogs. Didn't think he'd ever come from behind my large, L shaped desk. Big sigh of relief when they all decided to chill, took months though

Ok, will need gory details on how the shuttle works, never heard of it duh. Any idea of cost/schedule? Jr coming in around 9:30 pm. I told him to just grab uber but noooo, he wants me to pick him up. Normally, i would but already lugging the mr back to hotel that afternoon.

View attachment 263944

Fun at the baseball park. Hotter than heck, so great seats in the shade. Lost, but a swat fest. 12 to 8.

Tip of the hat to the boys of summer, nice park. We had tornado warnings, that soaking sort of straight down rain topped off with a bolt of lightening hitting a tree in the nearby woods. Pretty sure the house shook, yikes.

Yep, hump day indeed. Wednesday is here.

We have rain and thunderstorms too Schumi. Just got into a good sleep, then the thunderstorm arrived last night. Heavy downpour, and quite a bit of lightning. Still damp this morning, but also warm and muggy. Maybe some more rain this morning, then sunny and more sun. Dark here as well, lights are needed. Gray start to the day.

th
th
Camel is ready for HHN. Hello Keisha. Yes, it is Wednesday.

And it is time for tea, so have a beautiful Wednesday homies.

Nwahahaha love it

Morning everyone :wave2:. Cooler morning here to start.

Had lunch yesterday with my little sis. We were both saying we were having a hard time waiting to put up Halloween decorations. Think it will start next week. Found some really awesome new things this years to add to the Halloween collection. Had to use some restraint to keep from buying a 6 foot Dragon that had glowing eyes and moving wings. It reminded me of Game of Thrones dragon.

Happy Birthday to Metro West
View attachment 264030

Yeah! Lynne your Key West trip is almost here.

View attachment 264031

Happy Birthday to your hubby Schumi

View attachment 264032

I've only put up the new stuff I've grabbed this year:rolleyes1. Just thot of it, I'll be gone from 10/1 thru 10/15. Either base outdoor stuff goes up really early or the mr can tackle when he gets home a week earlier. Hmmm.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
very nice morning here now-after storms yesterday.
Was gone from7:30 am to 8:30 pm yesterday with only a 10 minute stop at home to grab a kid (soccer), change clothes and grab a snack. Meanwhile DH was in a volunteer meeting and whining about how server didn't put in his food order and had to wait to eat-almost went through phone and knocked his teeth out. I literally had lemonade and crackers for dinner. I am feeling way way way less guilty about taking off in october and leaving him to deal with the chaos!!

Happy Bday to Mr Schumi! Had a dream last night we met up in London in a couple years (middle kid talking about her hoped for trip to France, and we have family in London). Very weird dreams last night-also dreamed they put in a swim up bar in the new convention center at Coronado springs and we were there with friends...should have drawn it out when I woke up as it was very pretty...

Work today, off tomorrow (YAY!)

Cute boots Keisha. She's looking so much older. Nah, both my kids are still not in school. Called them at 10:15 this morning, and older one just got up, and little one was still sleeping. Yeah, that's why we're getting back 4 days before school starts. Little one better adjust her wake up time. Senior high starts at 7:20 am. But she is lucky, as older one said he'd drive her there most days. It's a 5 minute drive, depending on traffic.

The sun has arrived, and the clouds remain, but the temp is rising and no need for a jacket outside. Inside, jacket? Yes.

Sorry.........not DH birthday till Friday........I'm just getting organised, albeit late this year........I'm usually really organised for birthdays.........

I have about a million :rolleyes1 birthdays and anniversaries next month (not including ours) and I'm about half way through cards and gifts I need to get for everyone..........so much going on this year so far........

Keisha was thinking of you this morning with little one going back to school.......you'll miss her loads! You didn't get the 5am promised alarm call I hope.......:rotfl:Love the picture, so cute.......

Monyk........so funny! I'm a very vivid dreamer and drive dh to distraction most mornings with recalling detailed dreams........he claims he doesn't dream ever..........I can't imagine that.......

Rain has finally stopped.......lots of flash flooding around.......not as humid now but muggy hot and still grey outside........but will have summery dress on tonight for night out with friend as it's still warm. No wine for me as I'm driving, but may have a Pimms when I get in.......

Did notice all the trees are starting to slightly change already into autumn colours.........it's really too early!

Sorry.........not DH birthday till Friday........I'm just getting organised, albeit late this year........I'm usually really organised for birthdays.........

I have about a million :rolleyes1 birthdays and anniversaries next month (not including ours) and I'm about half way through cards and gifts I need to get for everyone..........so much going on this year so far........

Keisha was thinking of you this morning with little one going back to school.......you'll miss her loads! You didn't get the 5am promised alarm call I hope.......:rotfl:Love the picture, so cute.......

Monyk........so funny! I'm a very vivid dreamer and drive dh to distraction most mornings with recalling detailed dreams........he claims he doesn't dream ever..........I can't imagine that.......

Rain has finally stopped.......lots of flash flooding around.......not as humid now but muggy hot and still grey outside........but will have summery dress on tonight for night out with friend as it's still warm. No wine for me as I'm driving, but may have a Pimms when I get in.......

Did notice all the trees are starting to slightly change already into autumn colours.........it's really too early!

I hate the fall. Truly

She waited until getting ready for bus @ 7:30 am lol. Her mom worked from home for few hours this am to see her off.

Why do i not know what a pimms is? Lol

Good luck with that shopping, i have a mountain of stuff to wrap for GD family BD dinner this weekend. Having the large blowout pre Labor Day with hordes of screaming kids. Eeeee

IMG_0281.JPG

Pimms is lovely. Quite unusual to describe.........mixed with lemonade and or prosecco and mixed with fruit is our choice usually.......always served from pitchers......and lots of ice.

Oh bless her.........hope she had a lovely day......I'm sure she'll be keen to tell you all about her day......oh my sounds like you have a busy time ahead with family plans.........sounds like fun actually........but busy!!!

I love autumn really........but not in bleeding August!!! By time we get back in October I imagine winter will have arrived!

I am so used to weather where I live, so now understand why peeps freeze when temps drop

It is only 74 now and won't be warmer until noon
Wearing a jacket in the house

Good morning homies!

After living in So Fla for 13 years, I moved to Chicago. The first winter... two blizzards and -15 degree weather.. yeah.. my thinned Florida blood didn't handle THAT very well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!