Something About Nothing ... #12

On the train home from Chicago. Got tp see all our friends at the Virgin hotel. Our newest friend there is their new chef Moosah Reaume. Well known in the cooking business I guess. He kept bringing us free food during Social Hour at the bar.

Glad you two had a fun time this week in Chicago!

Chicago is always fun place to visit

I’m glad I moved out of there as it is a better place to visit than to live

Taxes are crazy there

Taxes are crazy there
Yes they are! I am drunk on the train, about to get home. We make a water bottle full of cocktails for the trip
Time to call an Uber.

Hi All! Quick pop in from the long haul South on 95! We are about 20 miles into North Carolina at this point. Boys are holding up well....hopefully all three will sleep relatively undisturbed through the night.

squirlz......love the sound of your new friend!!! Glad you had a nice trip........

Kfish.....have a fabulous trip........

Saturday again.....

It was raining again earlier but looks nicer now........going to buy some Yankee Candles this afternoon.......we`ve run out of big ones and can`t wait till Orlando to get them....love buying them over there especially as they have some scents we haven't got over here yet......my friends always seem to visit quickly when we get back and they all want to see my Bath and Body products and Yankee Candle.......they`re very honest why though.......lol......I do pass some along......some.....

Tonight is curry night......hot curry!! Chicken has been marinating since last night and curry sauce is simmering away right now......I usually prefer to make the curry the day before, but didn't get around to it yesterday......but it`ll be lovely!!

And quiet night ahead for us........bottle of wine and some tv.........

Hope your Saturday is a good one........:thumbsup2

Have fun on vacation Kfish. Hope the ride was quiet and quick.

Sounds like a nice weekend away Squirlz.

Lush and spicy dinner for Schumi.

Winter Weather Watch starts around dinner time. Sigh, just at freezing now. But, a quick clipper, leaving around 3 inches of snow. Should be a wet mess tomorrow though. Storm goes North by 2 am or so, and 40 degrees will be the high Sunday afternoon.

Kids are asleep, but I think little one is not now, and DH is out and will do some errands for me. Then little one and I have to get some groceries and she wants my Dsis to see her dress. Then if Dsis thinks it is perfect, we will get it altered. I am lucky, my Dsis in law is an expert seamstress. I guess she will be the ultimate decider if we keep the dress. Poor little one got our shorter height genes. But hey, she is about 2 inches taller than me. Sigh. I am the shortest in my family.

With that I need tea.

Wonderful Saturday to all the homies!

Sunday.

Planned to sleep late as we had a late night at friends house last night........but, woke early so we just got up.......had breakfast then went for a walk on the beach as it’s not too cold and sun was shining......it was nice......

Met a large blonde golden retriever called Poppy who had just come out of the sea and decided to bound over and jump up to hug me.......I was soaked......I know the owner well and she was mortified.........I thought it was funny......this dog was soaked and then so was I.........:dog2: she is gorgeous though........

So, once we were home everything was put in the wash.......didn’t have my white coat on thankfully!

Then did some ironing...........now thinking of lunch and what to do the rest of the day.........not much probably......

Hope your Sunday is a good one..........

Sounds like a wet visit to the beach Schumi. Yeah, I had labs that loved the water. But for someone who did not have dogs, I would have been pretty embarrassed as well. I got wet from my dogs more than once. Nice your weather was nice enough to walk on the beach. Enjoy your afternoon.

Snow came quite heavy around 6 last night, plow and salt truck was heard around 10. 11 o’clock news said snow was gone. Faster moving storm than expected. 3 inches and 25 overnight.

Older one went to the movies with his friends last night. Made a late bedtime for me. No matter though.

I woke up early, and am watching TV. I would go and shovel and clear off the cars, but waiting for the kids to help and for the temperature to get to the high of 40 today. Hello white Sunday.

Peaceful day to all the homies.

Time for tea. So catch ya later.

8E202C66-FF27-4AA5-9F25-219C31B8B1CD.jpeg 3 medals, 2 in floor & beam & she came in number 5 overall in her level/age group. Nappie time here for the troops, i don’t partake, then heading to MK for BoG. Loving the weather, not a drop of rain since 1st day. Sunny & going to 86 today:)

DS had a speaking gig in NYC at a convention with his older brother. I just found out they kept it, long drive being beat up, probably best I found out afterwards. Says he’s tired but meds keeping pain in check. I shake my head

Yes good support IS a big part of battle. Glad he is able to come home too. And as a nutritionist-I hope he is able to take food-even if puree form through a straw. There is always commercial supplements (Boost, Ensure etc) to fall back on, but I usually recommend real food puree and thinned as needed (milk, gravy) with added protein powder along with a shake (made from the ensure or carnation instant breakfast for the vitamins). Sorry if that is too much info or not needed-Nutrition will also help him heal :)
Hope your GD does well in her competition! I have a friend I used to work with who has a daughter in gymnastics - she is pretty young still but is in an ?elite? for her age? not sure if that is the term lol. I like FB for that reason-get to see the kids grow up!

So. Jealous. Super windy here, cold (and dropping this am) and big rainstorm last night.

Chickens saw me through window when I went to wake boy up (he is sleeping and eating more-any day now those pants are gonna be too short!) and bossy hen started demanding treats - she can get loud! Of course I had to give them some :D Yes they have me trained...

Coffee in hand. Bit of work this am from home, errands on tap, then tonight is our Kickoff to Cookoff party for chili cookoff for the sponsors, cook teams, bands and volunteers. Always fun to be able to chat-too busy on day of cookoff to actually visit with people!

Chili cook off nom nom nom.

Thanks for that info, i’m Taking notes. Surgeon said probably a soft diet after whatever/whenever surgery. Had figured i’d Be making lots of home made soups

Elite starts @ age 11 for jr, GD has another 3-1/2 years to try out. Maybe the Xcel program, structured differently than the GD’s JO (Junior Olympic), more flexible/inclusive. Her gym offers both, nice to have options.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Keisha prayers for your son as he continues to heal after his accident...............and good luck to your grandaughter in her competition in gymnastics.

Spoke with grandson and he sounded so much better.....thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts sent his way.

Told him about plans for vacation in May and it seemed to lift his spirit. Of course the plans are for Universal. I love hanging out with the grandbabies there.......and they love it too.

Hubby and I are going up to Universal for a few days at end of month. He has never been to Universal or any of the Resorts. So I’am excited to show him the parks and the resorts. He has always been so supportive of my love of all things Universal. Looking forward to seeing the Mardi Gras parade and hopefully catching some beads :yay:

Have a good day at work Tink.

Morning Mac, Lynne, Schumi, MonyK and KStar :wave:

Going to neighbors for barbecue with a few other couples this evening. We always enjoy getting together with our neighbors for a fun evening.

Have a great Friday everyone.

That had to be so scary for your family after hearing all the awful flu tragedies this year. Are you planning on festivities around Mother’s Day again this year. I promised my brood I’d be home, vs ‘running away’ as I’ve been wont to do last few years lol. (Come home day before :) haha)

Ah, little one is barely moving.

Friday! Wahoo!

Have to do some errands, so I will see if she wants to go with me. If she can drive, which most of the time I let her, she will go. Then also expect some lunch out too. See, usually by 10:30 am, places have soup, even though breakfast is not over yet. Yeah, my kid does not enjoy most breakfast food.

Well, another day that will see temperature falling. 56 at 7am, 36 by 7 pm. A nice bone chilling 20 by Saturday morning. Hello cold front. Go away. That 65 yesterday was lovely. No green or color yet. We won’t see any color until around end of March.

Keisha, thank you for the update on middle DS. I hope he continues to heal without pain. Thankfully, you have good doctors.

Robo, Happy to hear your grandson is feeling better. I hope he recovers fully soon. Yay, the Spring vacations on tap. Nice your DH will come with you on one of those trips. Yum, barbecue. Nice you enjoy meals with your neighbors.

Tink, May your coffee be plentiful and your work hours going quick.

Morning Mac, got your email. I will say no this time. I may skip this year altogether. Little one will have college visits this fall, and that is where my focus will be. I will miss seeing all, and the fun, but there is always next year.

MonyK. Hehe, well trained chicken. Yeah, our weather stinks too. We had two chili cook offs at work so far. All enjoyed eating and voting. I do like chili, just not very hot. I do like a kick, just not burn my mouth level. Have fun.

Morning Kfish, bet little Charlie is getting bigger. Saw, you still had the 2 am bottle duty.

Schumi, seems like you have a nice Friday planned, and yay the sun is out. We have had gray skies for 2 days now. Sigh, winter is not over. Hope you catch up with your friend. Yes, time just flies by if your busy.

With that, I need to holler. Screen in bed, and not moving is going to end.

Later homies! Hey, it is Friday! Make it fantastic!

You are really lucky to have a seamstress on speed dial. The idea of working with Prom dress material makes me weak in the knees.

Taxes are crazy there

I was in line yesterday in Epcot getting pic and stuffs signed for the Mr by his fav disney artist (Jasmine Becket Griffit) and woman behind me’s dialect sounded familiar. She lived in south side of Chicago for years it turned out. Moved out a few years ago after having her house broken into for the 3rd time. I’d take that as sign too!

Sunday.

Planned to sleep late as we had a late night at friends house last night........but, woke early so we just got up.......had breakfast then went for a walk on the beach as it’s not too cold and sun was shining......it was nice......

Met a large blonde golden retriever called Poppy who had just come out of the sea and decided to bound over and jump up to hug me.......I was soaked......I know the owner well and she was mortified.........I thought it was funny......this dog was soaked and then so was I.........:dog2: she is gorgeous though........

So, once we were home everything was put in the wash.......didn’t have my white coat on thankfully!

Then did some ironing...........now thinking of lunch and what to do the rest of the day.........not much probably......

Hope your Sunday is a good one..........

IDK, having a big, wet, sloppy dog pounce on you could be considered a sign lol. Was waiting for you to say you found a stray & kept him!

Miss mine, not ashamed to say i’ve talked to him a few times already this trip lol.

Just got home, logged in and Keisha is here.........:D

Congrats to the GD Keisha........she did well!!! She’s a real little star........glad you’ve managed to have such a nice time despite worrying about DS........and lovely weather too!!!

Oh they definitely kept that journey from you deliberately Janet..........men!!! But glad he’s taking care of himself, and big brother would have looked after him.........you go home tomorrow???

Yes, the dog is a very friendly bundle of licks and cuddles.........very affectionate dog we’ve known for a long time since they moved in to the village.......it’s exactly the type of dog Tom would have given the choice........except.......on cold, wet, miserable winter mornings or we are flying off to America he’s glad we don’t have a dog..........

Ended up going bowling with DH and another couple today......haven’t done that for ages.......I’m not very good at bowling but still had fun........I need the sides up to stop the ball going in the gutter bit......:blush: and boy do they make fun of me for that!!

Then went for some food.........I love my friend to bits, but jeez she is a fussy eater........won’t eat this and won’t eat that.......basically chicken tenders!! Choosing a restaurant with her is never fun.......but it was nice.

Now slumped along the sofa with cup of tea.........

ESPN, i’ve Never been there

Discovery cove] 0029C264-E486-4A18-8108-8747A19FD682.jpeg
Cute mirrors in the bathrooms in Nemo suite, lovin that upgrade we got! & Fast pass line for Big Thunder Mt on Thursday, this weekend is going to be a zoo
76DF6470-9702-49B0-A5A1-6BF52DE91A5E.jpeg 24D1374E-8D7A-4979-9EDD-C7A7230E8C0F.jpeg EAB51742-CC42-424D-99C7-1380719F6FC7.jpeg B6B91624-91B5-424A-A306-F94518F8F17F.jpeg 5AEC8348-0CB5-4451-93C0-A8436697D76B.jpeg

Chocolate cake, fishbowl drink & pirate @ Bay Lake Lounge. My fav way to watch the fireworks

Lastly, those with kids know it...that moment when they finally make the big boy ride! Rock N Roller Coaster & she got the first row!

Just got home, logged in and Keisha is here.........:D

Congrats to the GD Keisha........she did well!!! She’s a real little star........glad you’ve managed to have such a nice time despite worrying about DS........and lovely weather too!!!

Oh they definitely kept that journey from you deliberately Janet..........men!!! But glad he’s taking care of himself, and big brother would have looked after him.........you go home tomorrow???

Yes, the dog is a very friendly bundle of licks and cuddles.........very affectionate dog we’ve known for a long time since they moved in to the village.......it’s exactly the type of dog Tom would have given the choice........except.......on cold, wet, miserable winter mornings or we are flying off to America he’s glad we don’t have a dog..........

Ended up going bowling with DH and another couple today......haven’t done that for ages.......I’m not very good at bowling but still had fun........I need the sides up to stop the ball going in the gutter bit......:blush: and boy do they make fun of me for that!!

Then went for some food.........I love my friend to bits, but jeez she is a fussy eater........won’t eat this and won’t eat that.......basically chicken tenders!! Choosing a restaurant with her is never fun.......but it was nice.

Now slumped along the sofa with cup of tea.........

We don’t leave MCO until 6 pm Tuesday, one of my longer trips. Will give me time to not go home & brain my son for taking off argh.

Attachments

• E666C744-CCAA-4F56-8F70-3848E8264A6D.jpeg
    E666C744-CCAA-4F56-8F70-3848E8264A6D.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice to hear from Janet and her gd victories

She is a cutie!

You only have a few more days before you get home Tuesday night

Enjoy the rest of your time at the motherland

Schumi, bumper guards are the best way to do bowling
I use them too!

It keeps me from having the worst score
Lol

Nice weather day here
More flowers have bloomed

Lovely pics!!

Her little face with the cake!! Lol.........I’ll bet she enjoyed that.........I quite fancy the cocktail myself......:D

Not sure what I thought it was Monday you were home......you did say Tuesday.........I remember now......

mac.......glad I’m not the only one who has the “baby rails” as my friends husband called them all day........lol......I like him really!!!

And Tom and I did win :worship:........but he said it didn’t really count cause of the guards........I’ll take the win!

Just saw the pictures

You know we all love pics!

Finally got mine dumbed down enough as to size to post! Was surprised there were teams from Costa Rica & Peru. Don’t even want to think what they paid for airfare.

Speaking of, anyone book SW fall travel yet. I grabbed way down end of sept not happy with the NS times or prices. Hoping Spirit has some of the cheapo ones again :)

3 medals, 2 in floor & beam & she came in number 5 overall in her level/age group
Wow! congratulations to your adorable GD for her hard work!!

Rock N Roller Coaster & she got the first row!
OOh bet that was fun!

Schumi-I used to bowl when I was a kid-my own ball, name on it, everything. Used to place in city wide tournaments for my age group. Don't really do it much anymore. But it is fun!

Warming back up but it is windy! Gusts big enough to actually make the chickens fly if hits them right :rotfl:

Should be more productive today but I am not feeling the ambition. TWD marathon on-Terminus season. Going to see Black Panther tonight-we are all Marvel fans and see all the movies, and DH and oldest and I also watch the Netflix shows, and Agents of shield. Movie at the plush theater where they deliver dinner and drinks to chair (recliner) side. Good food too.

Looking at resorts for the beach if that is what we want for a couple days in June. Decent prices for now, sure it will go up but hard to plan until I know what the oldests plans are and she probably won't know until end of March...

Following twitter feeds on kids from -remarkable people. and heartbreaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!