Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning all!! I'm very behind here. Haven't been in the mood to be on the DIS much. Joe has some health issues we're dealing with and was briefly hospitalized this week. He sees a cardiologist this week so hopefully we will get some more news on his condition.

I know there are a lot of travelers out there- Lynne has returned home, Schumi & Charade are still in vacay mode!! Nice pics of California Adventure! I agree- that IS the best looking Cast member!

Weather here has been lovely! Warm and sunny for a change! :sunny: We're just staying close to home and enjoying the weather! Our house and yard work will have to wait for now!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

:wave: A great big HI!! to all my friends here!

View attachment 407679
I didn’t see your post, you must have been posting as I was writing. So sorry to hear about Joe’s health issues. Very stressful times. :hug: Good luck with Cardiologist this week.

Patty best wishes for your DH! Such a scary thing.......

Sue, we did that many years ago, maybe our first visit? Yes, it was alright.....wouldn’t do it again though........so many things to see and do.....

Thanks Robo and Mac.......having so much fun!

And just found out 15 minutes ago......we are going back into the City for one thing......to see Come From Away :cheer2:.......so excited for that as I did really want to see it!

Don’t laugh, I’m not even sure when we are going......will find out later, but whenever it is we’ll be there...... ::yes::

Lazy morning till we get picked up........sitting in hotel lobby where it’s bright and sunny.........nice!

Patty best wishes for your DH! Such a scary thing.......

Sue, we did that many years ago, maybe our first visit? Yes, it was alright.....wouldn’t do it again though........so many things to see and do.....

Thanks Robo and Mac.......having so much fun!

And just found out 15 minutes ago......we are going back into the City for one thing......to see Come From Away :cheer2:.......so excited for that as I did really want to see it!

Don’t laugh, I’m not even sure when we are going......will find out later, but whenever it is we’ll be there...... ::yes::

Lazy morning till we get picked up........sitting in hotel lobby where it’s bright and sunny.........nice!
Hope you love the show! I saw it here when it was in town, great show. It was sold out every night. I went with friends and we couldn’t even get seats together, and that was with advance sale. We were in the same area, but not next to each other.

Hope you love the show! I saw it here when it was in town, great show. It was sold out every night. I went with friends and we couldn’t even get seats together, and that was with advance sale. We were in the same area, but not next to each other.

How is the theatre in the City? I haven’t been to this theatre before......

We have been very, very lucky.......friend of a family member who is involved with the theatre itself......I didn’t want to tell anyone until it had been confirmed we had seats at “some point”

Very excited to see it on Broadway........

No idea! I saw it here in Vancouver. It will be very exciting to see it on Broadway!

Oh sorry, I misread your post!!! Need another cup of tea I guess.......

Yes, we are so keen to see it.......we did think of Wicked again, but I’ve seen it four times on Broadway and once in the West End, so time for something different......and we were so happy when we heard we “may” be getting to see it this trip.

I think Tom would enjoy it more than my mum will if I’m honest, but I’m sure she’ll enjoy it when it starts.

Good sunday all. A bit cooler here today, the 2nd day with no rain, imagine that. Will get dinged with the tropical storm remnants & whatever is working it’s way west tomorrow. Never enjoyable when 2 fronts hit.

In last few weeks there have been three alligators, one over five feet, found & hauled away in the area. I assume they were brought back as souvenirs from FL, then got ‘too much’ to handle. The five foot one could’ve done some damage. Don’t even want to think about the 15 foot anaconda that escaped from a truck transporting it south of here in Morgantown,WV. Last they saw it was slithering up a tree and vanished. Eek

Waiting to get picked up for my Mother’s Day present. Not thrilled Max Mex was selected for dinner but kept that to mysel. I’ll be that annoying person asking the server to point out the selections with no cilantro or black beans. Did see the rice is made with it as is their salsa & soups, sigh. Has to be something on the menu I can ‘gum’ with my challenged teeth lol.

Never a fan of seeing the last show of a run, but hoping Grease is great tonight. Would like to think the Pride & art festival participants may be starting to disperse. Decided to drive to the restaurant then uber in the last 5 miles to town as so many roads are closed and parking will be at a premium.

Lynne MOMA is so fortunate to have so many masters

Charade - looks like you are hitting the high points @ DL, such a different & special vibe than WDW. Hoping my GD & DiL enjoy it when it’s their turn.

Patty - oh what a week you’ve had! Sorry to hear, wishing the mr the best.

Carole - cousins galore! Hope the play tix come thru for you.

Robo - let’s go to the hop! probably could work in back to the future reference lol. Not so much a fan of th original artists but do enjoy the spin Sha na na would put on the tunes, Brian seltzer/stray cats too

Oh no, Patty. Thinking good thoughts and well wishes to Joe. What a terrible week your family has had. I hope good news comes soon.

Mad Max is a favorite of older one, hope your late present is a tasty dinner for you Keisha.

Kids went to game, I am watching on the tube, hoping to see them. So far, loosing game and no sightings.

Schumi, hope you enjoy the play. We thought the theatre that we went to, was quite lovely. We had a nice time also walking up and down Broadway.

Sue, your trip is coming up sooner and sooner to DLR. Hope you are doing well, and that to your family.

Ah, it is a what for dinner night. Hmmm.

Oh and our morning fun:

BA3F04D9-8DAA-4A45-872A-551D3D10F7D4.jpeg

Crikey Janet.......have you moved to some remote wild country!!! That is scary!!! Alligators and Anacondas to go along with the bears already roaming around!!! Makes love bugs seem positively attractive!!

Hope you enjoyed the food......yeah, I’d be that person in a Mexican restaurant too....so I just don’t go........and hope Grease was fun too.....love that movie!

No sunshine so far today......planning some shopping I think......

Have a great Monday........

:wave2: Happy Monday, all.

:umbrella: Raining when I left, but dry enough when the car parked. Now, gray, gray, and rainy day for us. I think a typical Monday. Warm enough, no jacket, and so far, no sweater. The sweater may be warn by the afternoon.

Patty, hope Joe is resting, and will get good news with the heart doctor.

Schumi, with the no so sunny day, shopping trip sounds perfect. Little one enjoyed seeing the wooden escalators in Macy's. I really enjoyed all the old wood, and architecture of many of the stores on 5th Avenue, and around there.

Keisha, eek, I hope that snake is no where your neighborhood is. Yep, we've had alligators in our streets before too. And a oh my, when my area had a neighbor that lost his snakes had in his home, yep, not just boas, but a couple different cobras. I was none too happy. Thankfully, all were recovered in a few months. Right now, there's a tick awareness alert. Seems those nice little black bugs are everywhere now, as green and windy. Can you tell, I am not a bug, or snake fan.

With that, tea is needed. Second cup already gone. Oh yes, a Monday.
407968 407969 And to all the homies: 407970::yes::

Happy Monday morning all!!

Thanks so much for the well wishes for Joe!! I passed them along to him and he is VERY appreciative! :) He's home - hopefully resting! But now that I'm at work I worry he will over do it! We're still both anxious- hope the cardiologist will have news for us on Friday!!

Dreary and rainy here today!! Good day to be at work!

Keisha- eek! on the critters near you!

Schumi- happy shopping!

Lynne- definitely a second cup here too- coffee for me! maybe a green tea after!

Thinking of Charade - think you're still in California?

Have a great day all!!

This must be my lucky day as each time o try to read this thread and a few others, I get the congratulations I have won......
Damn

I was under the impression tech had fixed this spamming but still happening for those using iPhones

Since I finally connected here, sending good vibes to all and hope Joe has a miraculous recovery

Schumi and charade, hope you are still having a great time on your vacations
And that same wish for all the other homies on vacation now

For those mia here, check in when you can

Keishashadow hope you enjoy Grease! Loved that movie! And hope you found something you liked at the Mexican place. It’s one of my favs!
Snakes and Gators oh my!

Lynne looks like a fun coaster! Yes DLR getting closer. I’m starting to think about plans, if I want to make reservations for anything. Universal Sept trip still up in the air. May have to re book for early Feb. waiting to hear from friend.

Schumi enjoy the shopping day! Did you know about the 10% discount Macy’s gives to out of country shoppers? You just have to show your drivers licence and they give you a discount card.

Pattyw it will be a long week for you waiting for Friday cardio appt. hope it’s good news.

Charade hope you’re having a great time at DL! Looking forward to hearing about Galaxys Edge!

Mac I’m using my iPad and no problem with ads. I haven’t had prob on iPhone either, although I usually use iPad for larger screen.

Cloudy here too. Not much planned, going to aquafit this morning.
Last night watched Fear the Walking Dead and Handmaids Tale started new season.

Hi, all. Now I know how my parents felt all those years ago when I lived across the state with the grandson....

Had a wonderful time this weekend with our oldest son being home with our daughter-in-law and our grandson. It always hurts horribly when they leave.

@pattyw I hope Joe is recovering and behaving himself while you're at work! Hoping you get a great report at the cardiologist!

Back at work today for a few hours to get some loose ends tied up for a couple of conferences coming up and then back home to get a start on laundry. Corey started the two week session of Governor's School today....should be a fun and challenging time. They only accepted 125 students for the session. Tony's back at this desk and is about as miserable as I am after watching the kids pull out of the driveway this morning.

165 days.....not that I'm counting or anything.

And just because I'm missing him horribly.

Pooh, what a cutie he is. So nice you got to enjoy seeing the family, and yeah, always sad when they leave.

Aquafit sounds fun, Sue.

And yeah Mac, I get that ad many a times on my phone, rarely on my laptop. Very annoying. I was hoping too, that it would stop, but now it seems to be more frequent than in the past.

Is it lunchtime yet? Have umbrella ready. Seems to have rained earlier, but now, just gray again. Have to gander at the phone, to see the percentage chances. I am assuming I will surely be in the losing percent that gets the rain.

I am lol over lynne’s Monkey pic. Taking me a minute to get rolling today, too much weekend. Wasn’t wow’d by Max Mex’s food but the kiddie meal was a heckuva deal. Same for the black cherry margarita! Wish i had ordered the large 22 oz vs the 12 oz one lol. Best part of the meal:). One of the better versions i’ve Enjoyed lately
Pooh - adorable tyke, cut pic. Have never seen that pose before, Is that dried corn kernels?
Crikey Janet.......have you moved to some remote wild country!!! That is scary!!! Alligators and Anacondas to go along with the bears already roaming around!!! Makes love bugs seem positively attractive!!
Just heard a 4.0 earthquake on lake near Cleveland. Could go cheap with one of my rival/cleveland jokes but will restrain myself. That’s odd for our area. Made me think of how we stayed in a highrise hotel right near the rock n roll hall of fame on lake. Going to guess they don’t have the same building code as California, eeek. Hope no major structural issues for them
Keisha, eek, I hope that snake is no where your neighborhood is. Yep, we've had alligators in our streets before too. And a oh my, when my area had a neighbor that lost his snakes had in his home, yep, not just boas, but a couple different cobras. I was none too happy. Thankfully, all were recovered in a few months. Right now, there's a tick awareness alert. Seems those nice little black bugs are everywhere now, as green and windy. Can you tell, I am not a bug, or snake fan.
Oh my indeed...months to recover, yikes. How the heck does one ‘lose’ a plethora of snakes? Saw my first black snake of season in back yard. Mr is far nicer than me, i dispatch them on the spot. Have spent far too much $$$ on vet bills for my dogs over the years when bit...infections almost always follow.
Thanks so much for the well wishes for Joe!! I passed them along to him and he is VERY appreciative! :) He's home - hopefully resting! But now that I'm at work I worry he will over do it! We're still both anxious- hope the cardiologist will have news for us on Friday!!
Has to be hard to wait a week to consult with doctor. Hope he follows orders and takes it easy. Task him with planning/tweaking your next trip plans:)
Keishashadow hope you enjoy Grease! Loved that movie! And hope you found something you liked at the Mexican place. It’s one of my favs!
Snakes and Gators oh my!
I was incorrect it was near close of run, the exact opposite. It was good but actors were uneven as to talent.

The direction went more with the ‘dirty’ version, not necessarily an issue for me normally when GD along for the ride as she’s a veteran of musical productions and we are rather liberal. Helps with her being 8, as the the double entendres tend to fly over her head. However, it was hard to ignore one of the cast doing a full ‘moon’ of the audience though. This was part of the city’s Civic Light Orchestra summer subscription series. whatever happened to advisories as to partial nudity in a live production? o_O

Wow, thought I'd visit the HHN page, and low and behold, got an AP rate for my SF stay, and saved enough to cover my HHN ticket, and enjoy some food or purchases. Was better than my SMSM rate. When I tried to get the AP rate directly from Loews website, no AP available. So, don't care if I book through HHN page or not. Still reservation, and already go the confirmation email from Loews. My RPR rate though, so glad I booked so long ago. The rates now, oh my.

Keisha, he lost those snakes over a week-end, when he was away. Seems maybe did not secure before he left. Also took him a few days to tell police, as I guess he thought they were still in his home. Some angry neighbors and many very nervous, including me. Why people want to have such snakes is beyond me, particularly the poisonous ones. Oh, when I was visiting my friend in Cranberry Township, the rattlesnake that came into her backyard, was not slithering for long. Seemed it liked her outdoor brick oven. Luckily, most of what we get are garden snakes, and sometimes a corn snake. Thankfully, I have never seen a snake around our property. I do get pesky squirrels, raccoons, and other forest friends sometimes.

Lunchtime walk was almost too bright, should have brought my sunglasses, but a very light rain, not enough to get umbrella out. Now, much darker, and still gray. Seems phone says best chance (90 percent) around 3 until 7 this afternoon. Ack, maybe a windshield wiper ride home.

Hope all are doing well. Hmmm, wonder if anyone has chocolate.

Later homies.

sending good vibes to all and hope Joe has a miraculous recovery

Thanks, Mac!! Back at you with good vibes!!:goodvibes

Pattyw it will be a long week for you waiting for Friday cardio appt. hope it’s good news.

Yes waiting is difficult! Thanks for your well wishes!:)

going to aquafit this morning.

Sounds fun!

I hope Joe is recovering and behaving himself while you're at work! Hoping you get a great report at the cardiologist!

Thanks, Pooh! :)

And just because I'm missing him horribly.

So adorable!!

I am assuming I will surely be in the losing percent that gets the rain

I hear you! Looks like a dismal summer ahead for the northeast!

Has to be hard to wait a week to consult with doctor. Hope he follows orders and takes it easy. Task him with planning/tweaking your next trip plans:)

Thanks! Waiting is so hard!! Can't let him take over trip planning! Yikes!! Who knows where we would end up!:laughing: I keep calling him during the day to see what he's up to! Maybe I'll check via our cat camera!!:scratchin

whatever happened to advisories as to partial nudity in a live production? o_O

Wow!! Sounds like a "lively" show!! :eek:

Gloomy but warm now- more rain moving in then the temps drop to the 60s! Feels like April- not June! Hope Schumi is faring better on the east coast of NY!! Has to be a little warmer there!

Eek carole has some excitement in NYC today. Rainy/windy day there. No foul play indicated, helicopter crash/hard landing on top of building 51st & 7th in midtown. At least 1 fatality. Thinking the people of NYC may go into a PTSD vibe when an aircraft/building incident pops up. Hugs to them

Thanks! Waiting is so hard!! Can't let him take over trip planning! Yikes!! Who knows where we would end up!:laughing: I keep calling him during the day to see what he's up to! Maybe I'll check via our cat camera!!:scratchin

You’ll know he’s bored out of his gourd if you see him rolling around on floor playing with the cat toys.

In all seriousness it does seem difficult for many men to slow down and chill even if on doctor’s orders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!