Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Friday, homies!! :flower1:

Gorgeous morning here....sun is out and not a cloud in the sky! Couldn't ask for anything better. Not much happening here today....have some laundry to catch up on and as usual....Momma doesn't cook on Friday. I'm thinking curry or maybe pizza tonight.

Am I right that everyone is back home?

Anxious to hear what pattyw and Joe find out at his cardiologist appointment. Hoping for good news!

Corey is having a blast at Governors School. He's doing EMS this year. He qualified for the two week dual enrollment courses, but after just finishing a rigorous school year with dual enrollment and honors classes he wanted to do something that was just fun.

Here's to wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! It'll be an easy going weekend here.

And here's my sunny view this morning.....not too shabby!

Loving that bright blue sky, Pooh. Nice to hear Corey is enjoying Governors School. Don't blame him, having fun after studying so hard.

Mac, nap is the right thing to do. Cats will probably nap with you. Early bird cats. Hope you are feeling well.

Patty, hope Joe gets any help he needs, and is healthy again. Sending good thoughts his way, an hoping the heart doctor appointment goes well, if not done already.

Cloudy now, but no rain predicted, and return of a sunny day will be later this afternoon. Still cool though, our high this afternoon is 72. For this time of year, below average temp for today. 84 tomorrow, with a partly cloudy day, but hey, pool time tomorrow, with no cooking for me for dinner. Celebrating little one's graduation with the bigger family, so easy foods. Trays ordered, and will pick up some cupcakes, and ice cream treats for dessert. Had already picked up the chips and dip.

Dinner tonight? Hmmm, pizza does sound good.

Good afternoon. Quiet here today. I slept late and then we went to lunch and ran some errands. B wanted to get a Father’s Day gift for dh. We were in Walmart, so she decided to look for the original Avengers movie on 4K. They had it for $30. I decided to see if it was cheaper elsewhere. I Googled and found it at Target for $15. The website said that our store didn’t have any, but we went there anyway and found 3 copies. Dh is going to be very happy. He has come close to buying the movie several times, but has always talked himself out of it.

Yay! A hat arrived for Charade. Nice it come so quick for you. Nap certainly was needed, so glad you had the chance to do so. When I do that, when I wake up the family complains I didn't cook dinner. Yeah, did you eat? They always do. But most of the time, I have to make my own, as none is left over for me. Hope you are more on EST time now. I always have more trouble going back in time.
We ended up going out for a late dinner.
I love how they expect you to cook for them but don’t do the same for you. My family just doesn’t eat until I wake up.

We are to have a cool spell
Today in the lower 80’s
That is cool for GA. What part of GA do you live in? I grew up in Marietta.

Gorgeous morning here....sun is out and not a cloud in the sky! Couldn't ask for anything better.
We are having a similar day here too. It is gorgeous outside, not too hot, and a bit of a breeze. I wish it could stay this way all summer.

And here's my sunny view this morning.....not too shabby!
Very nice!

I need to make a grocery list since we have no food in the house. I think we are going to try to use our new grill tomorrow.

We are back. Pulled into our driveway at 5 am Sunday-up for nearly 24 hours after massive flight delays, plus 3 hour drive home from airport. Guess we could have stayed in St Louis but we all just wanted to be in our own beds.
Busy week-Monday basically recovering, but had board meeting that night. was gorgeous weather so I decided to move our club board meeting to local pub-sheesh you'd have thought I suggested skinning cats alive per some members.
Tuesday was check presentation from all Sertoma Clubs to Boys and girls clubs for Chili cook off proceeds at Springfield Cardinals game - $125K. Wednesday was Blues game 7 and WIN!! OMG! Thursday was wine tasting fundraiser. And of course work Tue-Friday.
Just read US pulled the plug on all cruises sailing to cuba effective 6/3.

Isn’t monyk on that itinerary? That would seriously stink for her, hope I’m wrong.
I hope it doesn’t mess up Monykalyn’s plans
Yep major mess up, and a reason I haven't felt like posting much. Universal was a blast.
Got an upgrade offer to Grand suite a couple days before cruise and it was really fabulous. If you know me on Facebook then you saw the pics (PM me if you are on FB and want to be friends :)) then the news. Still upset and disappointed - this wasn't a "port' change but a major major destination change-ie book amazon rain forest and detour to Key west instead. Sure both may have parrots but NOT the same in any way. Plus Carnival's compensation was just poor.
Food was pretty good, son LOVED the kids club-had to make sure he came to dinner every night so we'd at least see him during daylight hours once on sea days. Crew was really great all around actually. If we hadn't had the rug yanked out it would be a top vacation memory. For me, currently, I just want to forget it. Angry and disappointed are inadequate to describe it. And that's all I am going to say (more would get me banned and maybe Secret service on my door step). Maybe I will feel like going through pictures in next few weeks, maybe not. If had happened before sailing and given option of cancelling I would have in a heartbeat. An extra week in Orlando would have been better.
Was supposed to meet Patty in West Palm Beach, but as you know, Joe has had some heart issues. Hope they are OK.
Flight home was pushed back an hour a week before we even left. so we had time to kill, met up with old college friends for a couple hours, went to a movie, then headed to airport-flight kept getting delayed-to point we were going to miss connecting in Atlanta. Managed to get on an earlier flight (that was delayed) and ended up in premium seats. They kept changing time for our flight to STl from Atlanta-first 3 hours delayed, then just 1.5-then 2...
And saw the 9,000 show of the Lion King, one of the longest running shows, 22 years so far. Packed house.
Oh how neat would that be to see it in New York!! DH bought me tickets to when the tour came through our town.

baby Jaxon
He is ADORABLE oh my goodness!!!
This ride was pretty intense.
Sounds like the trip was a great success and fun! enjoyed the pictures. Did you like this version? or was Original ToT better?
Haven't been in the mood to be on the DIS much. Joe has some health issues we're dealing with and was briefly hospitalized this week. He sees a cardiologist this week so hopefully we will get some more news on his condition.
Hugs
Maybe I'll check via our cat camera!!:scratchin
I love that you have cat cameras
Galaxy’s Edge was pretty cool
Sounds like it was a nice way to experience Galaxy's Edge
Thankfully not, today was the day we had originally planned to visit, but weather was poor so we went Saturday instead
Glad you weren't in city-sounds like you had a nice trip with your mom too!
Liv's graduation was very nice.
Ahhh so sweet. and just like that high school is over, but the adventure is just beginning!

Alysa leaves for Alaska tomorrow am. Long travel day for her-from Albuquerque to Seattle to Anchorage to Kodiak. should have phone coverage at least to Anchorage.

To cheer myself up I renewed my UOAP, booked flights for september (yay for reward miles), and deposited and paid for search/exchange from timeshare for France next summer. Only resort I want is the Marriott near Disneyland Paris, will see if it comes through. Considering switching hotels from the new Endless summer to Sapphire falls-as much as I want to try the new resort, I know how exhausted we are at end of HHN days and that long walk to bus...vs water taxi and shorter walk...Heck with my mood I almost booked a suite at HR on Orbitz (between my reward dollars, coupon code it was almost-almost-worth it).

Up since 4:30 (not by choice-can't sleep-ugh perimenopause) and I'm fading fast!

Mac-hope you are doing better now.

Hello and good night to anyone I missed!

Welcome back MonyK. So sorry your cruise plans were messed up.

Sounds like the trip was a great success and fun! enjoyed the pictures. Did you like this version? or was Original ToT better?
It has been a very long time since I rode ToT. The last time I rode it there were only 2 drops. I have heard that they started making the number of drops random, so you never knew exactly what would happen. I forgot to count the drops on Guardians. I was too busy screaming. I’ve been told that there are 6 different variations of the ride. It was fun, but one of those rides I can only do once during the day.

Monyk
You have been missed here

Very sorry you got ripped off on your vacation and that’s all I will say about that

Don’t blame you for driving back from the airport after a long day

I always sleep better in my own bed also

Besides all of the homies here that missed you, I bet all your chickens were happy to see you back home!

Fantastic news next summer you will do France next summer
Hope you get the timeshare switched

Switch to Sfalls from the other hotel for the September trip
Shorter distance back to your room after doing hhn

It’s 2:00 am and I’m wide awake. I didn’t even take a nap this afternoon. Anyone else awake at this hour?

Not me, Charade. Sorry you were up too late. I can only be a night owl once in awhile.

Sun is shining, and DH is complaining the house is cool. Yeah, low 50’s overnight and 55 again this morning. And no, I did not turn on the AC, but almost turned on the heater instead. It is cool feeling, hence I am in no mood to get out from under a throw.

MonyK, so sorry to hear of your disappointment. I totally did enjoy your FB posts, and I am glad you finally got home safely, with all those delays. Yes, own bed after such a long day, important to us too. And yeah , part of my City turned Blue the other night. Nice to hear your Town won this year.

With that, maybe a hot shower. I have to see if the washer is done, then I will . It is a wash and party day. Ooh and hopefully a swim in a warmer pool.

Super sized Saturday to all the homies. Well wishes to those needing some, including Joe, as I hope Patty is relieved that Joe will be fine. Lots of mummy dust to the Patty family.

With that, our neighbor chickens are not moving outside either, tad too cool out. Our local wild birds, though, have been heard since an hour or so before dawn. That and could hear the freight train passing before dawn as well. Nosy traffic at times heard as well, as I woke up around 5:30. Makes several loads of wash today, not take too much of daylight time.

Later homies, tea cups drank, eggs and bacon cooked, wash in the dryer, or hung up, and time for that long, hot shower.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

51740A95-9867-4E5F-A49C-8B02211AC843.jpeg#

D695FA14-9DC7-419D-AF8B-8E5F691AB1B4.jpeg

Hoping Robo is enjoying her coffee in her HHN cup.

You know me well Lynne. I have my HHN coffee mug filled every morning. Hope your tea was yummy this morning.

Robo, hope you are feeling well.

Doing good. Hope all your family is well.

Robo sounds like you got it all handled. Are you going to wear poodle skirts?

I’am trying to get things sorted. The major things were the event space, catering and DJ. Have those all done. Now the smaller details.

I thought about the poodle skirt, but my butt is to big for a poodle skirt...LOL..so I’M thinking it will be rolled up jeans with poodle socks, saddle shoes, white shirt with poodle on it and pony tail.

So looking forward to seeing my guys on Friday.......we take off 10pm NY time tomorrow night, and we land 10am UK time

Schumi hope you and your mom had a smooth flight home. I’am sure your fella’s are happy to have you home.

Went out for sushi dinner, it was our anniversary, 38!

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby Sue
17BA3831-CC1D-4A93-B0ED-4F04BB5E898C.gif

By the time graduation was over and we all agreed to a restaurant, for a very late dinner, that turned into a longer one than we expected, it became a very late night.

Happy graduation to your daughter Lynne
825811D7-C585-4E7B-AB52-E26E268F48AB.gif
Liv's graduation was very nice. The weather was beautiful. There were so many people, it was a little overwhelming. Liv had a class of 219 and I bet each person had at least 2 to 3 people. We were very lucky to be in the front row right at the podium.

Happy graduation to Liv bobbie68
13670E3B-C430-4960-89D8-12F945CCA647.gif

I ended up with sugar ants this week, so I have been trying to clear stuff out. I do have exterminator coming today.

Here is a homemade recipe to take care of the ants. My brother law shared it with the family and it does the trick.

Two tablespoons of borax ( this box of detergent last forever), 1/2 cup hot water and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir it good.
6FC705AF-1FB9-402C-98DF-3D139E944B0C.jpeg

Then cut some cotton balls in half and dip them in mixture.

I cut up squares from shoe boxes and put the wet cotton balls on the cardboard side with the glossy side of square down. This way nothing will bleed through and onto floors or cabinet.

Put your squares anywhere you see the ants coming in.

The ants will come and eat this and take it back to the hive and destroy the colony. After you no longer see anymore ants throw the cotton balls away so it does not attract another colony of ants.

It works fantastic.

Sue, hoping you are enjoying a nice cup of coffee. That goes for Robo too.

I have my hot cup in hand this morning.

And in honor of of the new ride opening today....

Great pic of you and your son on Hagrids motorbike Poohls.

Waiting to take one DS up to drs, something went south with his back at work yikes

Hope your son is alright Keisha.

Pattyw....hope Joe is improving and you got good news from cardiologist.

GD went to see Ariana concert yesterday, like her hair? She just bought it so cheap on amazon wasn’t expecting much for than pony

Wow!!!!!! that is an impressive ponytail.

Still upset and disappointed - this wasn't a "port' change but a major major destination change-

Monyk sorry to hear things went south on your vacation. We all were wondering if they were going to pull the Cuba stop or not.

Hopefully a bright side to look forward to is HHN in September.

To all the Sans family have a lovely Saturday.

Last edited:
Morning and cheers to coffee/tea in our HHN mugs!
bet all your chickens were happy to see you back home!
Yes- Ellie (aka the Diva) scolded us really good and did her “I’ll pretend to be nice but then I’m gonna peck you for leaving me” routine. Kinda like cats ignore you or are naughty for day after you return? She even pecked me and she doesn’t usually do that.

Need to get shopping list together, supplies are rather low. And rain more later today. Need to get into the garden too...

Was a nice family get together for little one’s graduation. Some left overs, but that is fine with me. My niece was so happy for her, and as an alumni of the college she is going to, sang her the school song. So fun, and she got this funky dog toy that when you pressed his paw, played music and danced congratulations. Certainly entertained my 2 year old great niece.

Now full, enjoyed a dip in the pool, and chilling for the rest of the night. Stopped for coffee on the way home, as the sun had gone down, it got cool.

Hope all is having a lovely Saturday evening. And hope Charade and MonyK have their’ kitchen stocked now, hungry families I bet.

Hey all, quick check in before I catch up on some TV

GD softball game on friday went well. She was so excited to get ‘called up’ to the team she will be playing on next year Under 10s. Held her own enough to be invited to game this am & fall ball. Not sure where she’ll fit it in with her schedule but she likes to be active.

Just back from ogling chris hemsworth in Men in Black. He mostly kept his shirt on, darn it. love the franchise, enjoyed this outing too.

Tomorrow having cooking out for daddy’s day, hope the storms hold off until i’m Done grilling lol

Patty - continued good thoughts for you and the Mr.

Robo - They found 3 herniated disks causing the back pain for my middle DS. Need to do imaging to try & figure out why he has visible lumps. Sad he has had far more than his share of health issues to deal with...more tests scheduled. good thing he has the fortitude to keep on trucking. He rode in school van out to Penn State for 8 hr RT today to coach a HS football clinic with his brother. just checked in and said it was a good day & that is all that matters :)

Lynne - i saw a really scary looking tornado just east of phillie friday on news clip. Glad it missed you. Party sounds like it was a big success!

If you know me on Facebook then you saw the pics (PM me if you are on FB and want to be friends :)) then the news. Still upset and disappointed - this wasn't a "port' change but a major major destination change-ie book amazon rain forest and detour to Key west instead. Sure both may have parrots but NOT the same in any way. Plus Carnival's compensation was just poor.
My heart sank for you when i saw the announcement. You are taking it VERY well IMO. I’ve been off FB for over a year. Combo of just getting my fill of the political rants from people I thought were sane & issues with the privacy factor. If i dive back in will be sure to shout out.
To cheer myself up I renewed my UOAP, booked flights for september (yay for reward miles), and deposited and paid for search/exchange from timeshare for France next summer. Only resort I want is the Marriott near Disneyland Paris, will see if it comes through. Considering switching hotels from the new Endless summer to Sapphire falls-as much as I want to try the new resort, I know how exhausted we are at end of HHN days and that long walk to bus...vs water taxi and shorter walk...Heck with my mood I almost booked a suite at HR on Orbitz (between my reward dollars, coupon code it was almost-almost-worth it).
Busy gal. I’m of the so many trips, so little time school of thought:). Go for it.

That sounds like an amazing trip to DL paris, etc. on the bucket list but every time we seriously look at finally traveling anywhere to europe something happens and we get cold feet.

Last edited:
Been thinking of all the homies here
June has been a busy month for many of youse

A big change in life for charade, Bobbie and Lynne with having daughters graduating from high school now

Wish all your kids the best in life and a grand future

Monyk, no meal worms for Ellie for pecking on your arm....

Pattyw hope Joe is relaxing and taking it easy from his cardio visit and future tests be on the good side

Hope Real drops in soon to let us know how she is doing

Sue are you getting ready for your next trip yet?

Schumi it is time you checked in here
You have been missed

Using my phone and typing with a thumb makes me keep my posts short and sweet

Even if I did not give you a shout out here does not mean I have forgotten you.
I haven’t
Hugs to all including above mentioned homies and Tink, Bobbie, Robbie, Lynne, Pool, and all of uouse

My temps were 88 today and humid but tomorrow predicted to be 90

Can’t complain as we have ac and many carry out places for food ....
No need to use my oven as it heats the kitchen up
Lol

Good Sunday morning...…

Haven`t caught up with all posts......far too many...….but...….

Keisha.....that is a cool ponytail...….it really does look good!!!! She is growing up so quickly!!!

Monyk…….I`m so sorry your trip didn't work out the way it was supposed to......but glad you enjoyed Universal......it sucked what happened to your trip.....and I don't blame you for not feeling as you should do about it.....you have some nice plans in place for some more trips...…..

Congrats to Lynne and Bobbie`s daughters on their graduation......pictures are so lovely!!!!

Charade...….glad you had a nice trip.

mac.....hope you`re doing good and enjoying some lovely lizard weather now...….always good!!!

So, got back Friday morning, drove to the border and dropped mum off with one of my brothers and his daughter, drove back down to our home then drove to attend a friends daughters wedding.....just got back home this morning after a 3 hour drive!!! Been a little manic......

Good to be home though..…..I do miss my guys, but had a lovely trip with mum...….seeing family was lovely and we spent a lot of time with cousins and aunt. My cousins and I had such fun......went to Port Jeff on Wednesday with one of them and just had the best day again......weather was glorious.

Had an evening at Meschutt beach with my cousin as her husband plays in bands part time and was subbing for someone in a band he used to be part of.....beautiful evening and the sunset was stunning.......

IMG_6662-X2.jpg

IMG_6690-X2.jpg

IMG_6730-X2.jpg

IMG_6696-X2.jpg

It was a lovely trip and we had some beautiful weather, only two rainy days so we were very lucky.

Seeing the show was tremendous, truly lovely story but sad in bits. Don`t think mum enjoyed it as much as I did. But we enjoyed our other day in the city too......we did some central park time, Tiffany, Trump Tower, Rockefeller centre, Times Square, little shopping in Macy`s......then went up the ESB again......never tire of doing that.....then I think mum had done enough and it was a full day and so hot.....she doesn't like the heat the way I do.....so we got the train back to the hotel.

It was sad leaving for mum and her sister, but good trip.

Good flight home too, and very short at just over 6 hours 15 minutes....and we both slept then slept in the car coming home.....don't feel jetlagged this time either......

Need to catch up with all I`ve missed...…..

Hope everyone`s doing good...….:wave2:

Yeah, two tornadoes just East of me. We do not get them that often, so yeah, Keisha, was glad we just got a very windy thunderstorm that only gave some flooding and some trees and branches down.

And, various chances of rain today too, as we are at 68 at just about 6 am. Warmer day, 86 is the high, so that usually means those rain chances noted from 3 pm to 1am, will probably mean we will be wet at least some of that time today.

Oh, and glad you enjoyed the movie, Keisha. Going to see it with a if you want me to go with you, little one, later this morning. She said why, no Will Smith? And I was like, yeah, but sounds like a fun movie, so I want to see it.

Ah, tea for me, and a nice quiet house. Cloudy too, no sun streaming in my windows. But house is not as cool feeling, and I think I my AC was briefly on overnight. I suspect the more humid predicted today, started in the wee hours.

So, a Happy Father’s Day to each of our Father homies.

At to all the homies, a blessed Sunday and may you not get the wet we are, but will enjoy a lovely close to Summertime day.

And hope pecking chicken settled down. My dogs used to be so happy, then pouted after the oh you are back. Did not last though, routine comes back quick enough.

And welcome back Schumi. Enjoy seeing your pictures, and happy to hear a very nice NYC family trip was had. And you have been on a very busy schedule these last couple of days. Hope you enjoy some tea today too.

Good Morning Robo. Hope you are having a sweet morning, enjoying some coffee, and wishing your DH a happy Father’s Day.

Oh please make me the lucky one who does not get the heavy thunderstorms with hail and high winds the weather alert issued on my phone for later today and even tomorrow afternoon, as it said some in the area would experience. Cross your fingers and toes.

Oh and hello sun, thanks for helping with what the weather guy on TV said will be uncomfortable humidity today and tomorrow.

Hmm, wake the kids? Both are in the no school and work not starting yet mode. In other words, night owls with late morning waking.

Good morning everyone. No real plans for today. Dh might want to go see MIB this afternoon.

Nice pictures Schumi. My facebook memories showed that B and I were in NYC on this day 3 years ago.

Lynne - Hope you miss the storms today.

Good morning and Happy Father's Day to all the Sans dads, husbands, brothers, sons I hope everyone has a nice day!

The party was great yesterday. We had beautiful weather, it was high 70's little breeze and sunny. I had quite a few no shows so had a little to much food. I did leave some for my sister n law as a thank you for using her home. Liv had a great time, she kept saying it all day. It was so nice to see her so happy she deserved it.
She got some nice gifts and really liked the lap top. Check off a big win on that:woohoo:

I did make one mistake I love flip flops and thought no big deal to wear them. Well I have some serious back and foot pain today. I didn't realize it would hurt me, maybe it's cause I am a little older now!! Chiropractor this week should help!

countdown 6 days till we leave. I have to start organizing today. It takes me awhile to pack everything. I feel a little stressed this time but will work through it.
I talked with my brother yesterday and trying to square plans with him. He will be at Disney the same week, so hoping to go over to the Floridian and visit him a bit.

Not sure what Brian wants to do today. The teens are working different shifts and I told Charlie he should call his dad and see him.

Thank you again everyone for the congrats for Liv and her graduation. It meant a lot.:goodvibes

Monykalyn I am so sorry to hear about the disruption to your trip. I know first hand how that can effect it. I am glad that the Universal part was great and it sounds like you have some nice fall plans. Pets are pets no matter what type, they always give you some attitude when you come home! Nice you had good fund raising results!

Schumi Glad you made it back and had a great trip with your mum. I look forward to that one day with Liv. It is nice when the weather cooperates for the most part. Nice pics that you took, now you can count down to visit your second home.

Lynne Glad that the grad party was nice. That was scary having those storms so close, I hope you weather today is better. Brian is funny he is wearing multiple layers of clothes and I am in shorts, t-shirt with the a/c. I hope we can survive my hot flashes. LOL!! Enjoy your tea and your movie today.

Keishashashadow Glad that you liked the movie. Congrats to your GD, it so exciting when they feel happy about accomplishments. Liv never was into sports but I have plenty of friends and family who have children who are. I hope the weather holds and you have a great picnic today!

Charade I hear you on the rides. It's interesting on the rides these days. I really think some of it has to do with my age and my body not agreeing. I use to be able to do everything I wanted multiple times in a row. Now I am lucky I can do things once then need a break. It sounds like B picked a great gift for your DH and glad he will like it. Hope you have a nice day!

Robo Thank you so much for the home ready for my sugar ants. I am going to try that. I am familiar with Borox for skin issues so I can use it. I hope you have a nice day with your DH and have great weather.

Mac Thanks for everything you do on the Dis and giving us a nice home to come too. I hope you stay cool in this heat and feel good. The best thing that was invented was take out. LOL

Patty thinking about you and Joe and hope all is going well.

:D:wave: A big shout out to all the family who isn't on right now, and I hope everyone has a great day!

Lynne, hope your weather isn’t too bad today.....least the sun shines for you.....storms aren’t fun!!

Charade I think 3 years ago we visited NY at that time too......amazing City.....

bobbie.....glad the party went well! Yes, I enjoy taking mum over to NY for trips, we were so glad the weather was as good. Not long at all till your trip......it’ll fly past till it’s time to leave.......

Good Monday morning.........

It’s dull and bright at the same time this morning.......weird.....

Back to normal now.......laundry done and I have a shopping list for today...........but I do get to drive the new wheels!!!

Very impressed with new driveway......it looks fabulous and we are thrilled with it......worth all the time and upheaval.......

And we only have 77 days till Orlando.......that went past quickly!!!

Have a great Monday..........:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter