Something About Nothing ... #12

Good Afternoon Schumi. Glad the driveway turned out so well, and yay, get to do the shopping in your new wheels. Yeah, when I walked out the door, it was an odd almost yellowish color outside.

And oh so warm out this morning. at 6 am, 70 out already. And, almost like clockwork, at 6pm last night, the skies opened and oh so loud rain was heard. But then, within the hour, birds were out, and the sky was just cloudy.

Quite a light whitish yellow color across the horizon, and still a cloudy sky. While we will again hit around 80 today, chances of more rain, and thunderstorms in the late afternoon, early evening. In other words, this week that summer arrives, is starting our summer weather. Highs in the 80's, humidity that can be so sticky out, and dice rolling thunderstorms appearing in the later part of the day.

In other words, welcome to Monday all.
409732 - with that, I am, that is staying caffeinated. Time for tea.

So nice to hear Liv's party went well, and nice gifts were had.

Robo, hope you are enjoying your coffee, and woot! for the party preparations. Outfit sounds fun.

Charade, I enjoyed the new MIB movie. Hope your kitchen is stocked up now. Is B busy with summer plans yet?

Keisha, and yeah, not enough shirt off. I will say, it was an odd couple at times. It's like are they supposed to be friends, or more? Either way, just a fun movie, with some laughs heard at some of the jokes.

Oh I need tea. Later homies. Hmmm, chocolate anywhere?

Ack, Flash Flood Warning issued, and won't expire until tomorrow morning. Rain that may get some of us this afternoon, will get 2 or more inches of rain before it stops. But stops it won't. Rounds of heavy rain to come in the overnight hours.

Was sunny, now overcast again.

Hey, homies. Wake up.

Got behind again! Between visiting friend in hospital which was an all day excursion, helping out at church to prepare for a wedding, holding birthday BBQ for brother-in-law and a family friend who share same birthday, and Fathers Day, it’s been busy around here! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Today I’m staying home and getting a few things done around here. Laundry is first on the list. Today will be sunny for hanging wash out :laundy: then weather gets iffy till Friday.
Thanks for all the Anniversary wishes!

Keishashadow congrats on St. Louis win! Great pony, looks so real! Too bad we miss at DL! We still have our pads from BB Fantasmic too! They’re so cute, and really thick. We do the same thing, arriving early to ask for water table.

Charade yay for hat arrival!

Pooh great view! Congrats to Corey!

Monykalyn yikes! What a hot mess the cruise ended up being. So sorry. Doesn’t sound like cruise company handled it well. Then flight delays on top of it.
But yay for AP! I’d switch to Sapphire, those new resorts look nice, but they are far away on the old Wet ‘n Wild site across the freeway.
I’ve been up since 5:30, hate to tell you it doesn’t get better after menopause lol.
Oh that Diva chicken! How were the babies?

Robo! Sounds like a great outfit! I remember saddle shoes! Where did you ever find them?

Lynne sounds like the family grad party was fun!

Mac we had temps spike to high 80’s weatherman said felt like 91. But was short lived, we only have a portable AC unit and ceiling fans. We never had sustained high heat here, summers were usually a comfortable low 80’s-high 70’s. But really feeling climate change the past 5 yrs. now upper 80’s- low 90s and sustained all summer. So most homes here never had AC. It was never needed.
I never use my stove in the summer, we just cook everything on the bbq.
Yes, starting to think about plans. I want to make ADR for Carnation Cafe, for the fried pickles lol! Thinking about what else I may want. If I want to do a Fantasmic or World of Colour package.

Schumi great NY pics!

Bobbie good to hear Liv loved her party. I love flip flops too, but mine have arch supports. I don’t think I could wear flat ones.

Greetings everyone. Crazy day today. I am the only one in the office today, but have been very busy. Will be back later with a real post. I’m about to head next door to pick up a chicken chimichanga for lunch.

Busy Sue and busy Charade.

Sue, so nice to visit friend, help out, host, and celebrate. A busy one for sure. I'd hang out, but with the rain coming, nope. And with our weather so far. Weather guy said, rain today, tomorrow, and may not see a not rainy day until possibly Friday. That's fine, a beautiful week-end would be appreciated.

Charade, crazy is that you are the only one in. Yum, lunch sounds good. We only have a grocery store near enough, but no food like that to enjoy.

Hope you both have a calmer and laid back afternoon.

A quick drive by to say it is hot, humid and a chance of rain this afternoon

Lynne saw that your area will get the heavy rain
Hopefully that will happen after you are home from work

Storms last eve so bad kept losing satellite. Not sure i’ve Managed to grab a later FTWD or Big Lies or not. Busy day, GD stayed over last night. Thank goodness for netflix!

Sad to read there’s a good chance the country bears @ WDW may soon be a thing of the past. Corny as heck but nice place to cool down & get off feet in MK. Appears toy story something next at bat

Family friends were @ HRH last 5 days. Waited once in the line for Hagrids for ten, count them 10, hours at rope drop. They never got to ride it, mechanical difficulties after all that. I quite likely would’ve lost my mind.

I did make one mistake I love flip flops and thought no big deal to wear them. Well I have some serious back and foot pain today. I didn't realize it would hurt me, maybe it's cause I am a little older now!! Chiropractor this week should help!
Two words = crocs Cleo’s
Even my podiatrist approves for my wonky feet and i’d Like to think not quite as fugly as most crocs

Keishashashadow Glad that you liked the movie. Congrats to your GD, it so exciting when they feel happy about accomplishments. Liv never was into sports but I have plenty of friends and family who have children who are. I hope the weather holds and you have a great picnic today!
Thank you. It didn’t hold but we moved it indoors. Dry enough to fire up grill & play cornhole between the rain drops. My pool, ha, that’s another story. It dropped to 60 degrees. That even cold for me lol
Ack, Flash Flood Warning issued, and won't expire until tomorrow morning. Rain that may get some of us this afternoon, will get 2 or more inches of rain before it stops. But stops it won't. Rounds of heavy rain to come in the overnight h
The low lying areas on way into town today were scary. For a hot minute thought i made a big boo-boo attempting to drive thru one huge puddle
Keishashadow congrats on St. Louis win! Great pony, looks so real! Too bad we miss at DL! We still have our pads from BB Fantasmic too! They’re so cute, and really thick. We do the same thing, arriving early to ask for water table.
It was so nice to see them take it. Finally able to score a BB hat for jr, they kept going on back order
Will be back later with a real post. I’m about to head next door to pick up a chicken chimichanga for lunch.
My lack of Mexican food is showing, I have no idea what that is. Was it good? A friend insisted i try a new recipe: chicken breasts & packages of both ranch & taco seasoning tossed in crock pot with bit of water. Supposed to shred it and let the sauce thicken with lid off. My eyes are burning lol
A quick drive by to say it is hot, humid and a chance of rain this afternoon
I prefer cloudy with a chance of meatballs :)

Keishashadow scary storms! Stay safe. Noooooo, not Country Bears! It’s iconic! And yes, a good place for a rest and a cool down!
Hmmm, 10 hrs wait, no thanks. But some really funny posts about the wait. Someone made a sign at MCO saying line starts here, lol.
I wear crocs to the parks too. I have a red & white polka dot Minnie pair in the regular croc style. Then have several colours in the Swift Water sandal style. Also a couple pair of Capri shimmer cross band sandals. The Cleo style looks nice too!

Squirlz love the Kona! One of our cars is a Hyundai Sonata and when I took it in for service last time I was admiring the Kona in the showroom. The blue one lol! Took pic and emailed my husband to ask how he liked my new ride, ha!

Good evening everyone. Work was very productive today. It’s amazing how much I can get done when I don’t have to deal with anyone else. Work is about to get very interesting. Therapist 3 should be leaving us at the end of the month. I think therapist 2 is also thinking about leaving. She and therapist 1 (who owns the office building) have been having some disagreements. We will also be getting 2 new therapists in August. I’m hoping I will be able to increase my hours.

Charade I hear you on the rides. It's interesting on the rides these days. I really think some of it has to do with my age and my body not agreeing. I use to be able to do everything I wanted multiple times in a row. Now I am lucky I can do things once then need a break. It sounds like B picked a great gift for your DH and glad he will like it. Hope you have a nice day!
For me it is definitely age. I could tolerate so much more when I was younger, but the older I get the more anxious I get.

Charade, I enjoyed the new MIB movie. Hope your kitchen is stocked up now. Is B busy with summer plans yet?
We didn’t make it to MIB yesterday. Maybe this weekend. B doesn’t have any plans yet. I need to get her to start researching and applying for more scholarships.

Ack, Flash Flood Warning issued, and won't expire until tomorrow morning. Rain that may get some of us this afternoon, will get 2 or more inches of rain before it stops. But stops it won't. Rounds of heavy rain to come in the overnight hours.
Yikes. Hope it isn’t too bad for you. I was expecting storms here today, but they never came.

I love flip flops too, but mine have arch supports. I don’t think I could wear flat ones.
I did not know you could get flip flops with arch support. I think I am one of the few people who can’t stand flip flops. I don’t like having that piece between my toes.

Charade, crazy is that you are the only one in. Yum, lunch sounds good. We only have a grocery store near enough, but no food like that to enjoy.
We are fortunate to have several places within a short drive or long walk, but the Mexican restaurant is literally steps away from my office door.

Sad to read there’s a good chance the country bears @ WDW may soon be a thing of the past. Corny as heck but nice place to cool down & get off feet in MK. Appears toy story something next at bat
I don’t think I have ever seen the Country Bears.

Family friends were @ HRH last 5 days. Waited once in the line for Hagrids for ten, count them 10, hours at rope drop. They never got to ride it, mechanical difficulties after all that. I quite likely would’ve lost my mind.
I can’t think of anything I would be willing to stand in line for 10 hours for.

My lack of Mexican food is showing, I have no idea what that is. Was it good? A friend insisted i try a new recipe: chicken breasts & packages of both ranch & taco seasoning tossed in crock pot with bit of water. Supposed to shred it and let the sauce thicken with lid off. My eyes are burning lol
A chimichanga is kind of like a fried burrito. I love the chicken chimichangas from the restaurant by my office. The recipe you mentioned sounds like a good taco filling.

Thought y'all might like this...our new Hyundai Kona IRONMAN edition! It has cool stuff all over it. I'll post more pics when I can.
Awesome car! My husband wants one now.

Made the mistake of napping after work today. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. I have to get up and deal with people tomorrow.

Charade, Yes, Crocs come in flip flops too, but most of my Crocs are strap sandals.
Your job these days sounds like walking thru mine fields with all that going on! Hope you finally get the hours you need.
Yup, I napped now I’m awake, watching the late night shows, Jimmy Kimmel, etc.

:wave2: And, a hearty Good Morning to all the homies.

:umbrella: Yeah, a rainy one for me. And not that warm either, even though the car says 71 out. And flash flood warning has been extended, so more rain on the way, today.

Keisha, thankfully, the rain we got in my little area did not have the hail or high winds others near me did. So no issues with our power or internet connection, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Almost quick commute, thankfully some of it is 2 lane, as Mr. Slow Guy, could finally be passed. Umbrella up, light sweater (though short sleeved) on, and tea already made. Cool enough inside so far, eyeing the sweater on the chair. That one is long sleeved. Hmmmm.

Oh, and while it is a rainy Tuesday, yes all, join Mac in that Taco Bell run, as 409892. Yep, we have a Taco Tuesday here.

And what a great car, Squirlz. Neat features. Thanks for sharing such a unique car trim package.

With that,

409893 that's right, for you cat lovers, 409896, hehe. So homies, time for tacos, burritos and whatever you can eat while making a Taco Bell run, or join Charade in placing an order in that Mexican restaurant.

Oh, second cup of tea. Hello.

And,
409897 ::yes::

Oh, and was not a late night for me, either. No Jimmy to watch, I was asleep fast, with the sounds of rain, DH was in bed faster than me. Kids, well, by 11, I told them to turn all electronics off. Ah, it is summer break.

Morning, homies!

A very wet and dreary morning here with thunderstorms in our forecast for the rest of the week. We're in much better shape than the Midwest, but at a nearly 12" surplus of rain already for the year.....we need to dry out a bit.

Nice ride, @Squirlz I drive a very ordinary looking '19 Ford Explorer. My son calls it the LEO mobile.

I need to get the hang of that multi-quote thing, but I caught up with everyone and it sounds like everyone is doing okay. Has anyone heard anything from @pattyw I know we'd all like to know that they got manageable news at Joe's cardiologist appointment.

Tony has so much PTO time built up that he decided to take off the Friday after the 4th and also decided that we should take off somewhere for the long weekend. Well sure, let me just snap my fingers and make that last minute reservation for a holiday weekend. LOL! Somehow I pulled it off and found a cabin rental in the mountains of western NC for a couple of nights. It'll be a quick little getaway to Boone, but it's better than nothing.

Have a great one, homies!

Hey, last minute planning is awesome, Pooh. Glad you found a nice place to enjoy a long week-end away, and yay for time off earned to be used for a holiday week-end. Sweet.

And yep, the Farmer's Alminac said we are to have a rainy summer. Um, I think that rain has already been giving us a rainy spring. Here's hoping that perdicition only is some of the time, and only on week days.

Sigh. gray day, and yep, long sleeve sweater over the short sleeved one. It is almost too cool, so more tea for me.

Overcast and cooled down here too,70F, but little if any rain projected. And we need some. But not while I’m emptying out and cleaning hot tub! Weather says 10-20% chance of light rain. Yesterday I was enjoying some patio time!

Pooh a weekend in the mountains sounds nice! Hope you get some good weather.

Good morning to all. It’s 5:30 and I’ve been up since 4:30. Tried going back to sleep but gave up :sad2: Ugh, I’m retired why am I up so early! And late night too. Afternoon nap will be required!

Pattyw thinking of you and DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!