Something About Nothing ... #12

Nice car squirlz...never seen anything like that before......but, gotta love new wheels!!!

Charade, Crocs have some fabulous flip flop types without being flip flops. I have a heel issue where I can`t wear totally flat shoes or sandals. I wear orthotics in tennis shoes and boots. The ones I wear are ideal as they shave a wedge, think they`re called Patricia, I`ve worn them for years and have them in almost every colour….......and no piece of plastic between the toe....I could not wear that type with the plastic between the toe even for a short time.

Nice little break away Pooh…...always nice to get away somewhere for a few days...….

Beautiful day here...…..no jacket on which was nice...…..

Went out to wholesale butcher and stocked up the freezers.....we go through a lot of meat!!! But, they all look a lot healthier now.

Had a fabulous drive as it is quite a distance away, and had to deal with two idiots who thought they`d "race" me......lol.....so funny especially as they were in tidgy little cars that have less power than my hairdryer....

And countdown is on...…..11 weeks today till we fly out for a month!!!

Cannot wait...…..

Hope everyone`s doing good...…..

Yep, also sending some good thoughts to you, Patty. I hope all is well, and Joe is resting nicely, and feeling better.

I touched base with Pattyw on Friday. They are doing ok and have more appointments this week.
I hate trying to quote on the mini iPad-fat fingers don’t work as well lol!
Nice weekend getaway Pooh! We have 4 extra accommodation certificates from our timeshare- they tend to be limited in where we can use them but I play around with shorter drive/cheap flights and what is available on their certificates. No luck yet, but keep hoping for a long weekend somewhere!

Wow cool car @Squirlz!

Need to get into garden and finish weeding today. All this rain has made stuff go crazy! Got my first zucchini already-with tons more on way-even though apparently only ONE seed survived to grow up. One zucchini plant is enough though!

Giggled at picturing Schumi’s drive! Hope you smoked them!

Lynne I take sweaters with me indoors too! Hmm tacos. Made fajitas Saturday with fresh guacamole. Sunday was grill time, with Mac n cheese and Caesar salad, lemon bars. Still lots left and DH and kids going to lake for couple days. I have to work tomorrow so I’m staying home (house to myself:dancer:)
May go find a chicken to cuddle while I drink more coffee. Will bribe them with mealworms...

Oldest is loving Alaska, goes for walks at 10pm every night with her group-still bright light out then. She FaceTimed so we could see. I love that she’s enjoying it, but it’s really hitting she’s gone and probably not going to be home again, for any length of time. My baby...ah well, gives excuse to explore and visit wherever she ends up!

Thanks for the update with Patty, MonyK. And yep bribes are good for kids and pets. LOL

Solo time at home is sometimes so appreciated. Nice daughter is enjoying Alaska. Yeah, I keep telling little one to work in Florida. She's not interested, loves the winter weather, and so enjoyed our trip in NYC. Sigh. And yay, for some time to burn, somewhere, MonyK.

Bacon this morning nice and thick. Going to put a pod in for some coffee now then get up and going. Have to deal with hot tub. I shocked it yesterday, today have to take filter out, and put in Pipe Clean. Leave that in for 24 hrs before we empty and clean it out. Our Spa store loans out pumps that make it quick to empty for free.

Monykalyn I need to do more weeding today too. It’s never ending. Also have to take dead blooms off rhodo.
Thanks for Patty update. Enjoy your chicken cuddle! Your daughter is having amazing experiences, so cool! It is hard to let them go. My youngest (29) moved out at 20. That was hard. But thankfully is only a 20 min drive away. We’re getting together tomorrow for a Korean shaved ice!

Schumi too funny about people trying to race. For a few years road racing was a big problem here, young males.......but they really cracked down on it, including high fines and confiscating the cars seemed to calm things down.

Lynne hope your storms aren’t too bad.

I’m pooped! Did next step with Hot tub, put towels in wash, pulled weeds- some, cleaned oven racks. Last oven I could leave racks in self clean cycle, they were coated black. These ones I have to scrub. So hard to get all the spots off. Anyone have a good method? I used steel scrubby.

Good evening. Another busy day at work. Thankfully it made the day seem to go by faster.

B and I joined a gym today. Planet Fitness is doing a summer program where teens can work out for free, so I thought we would give it a try. I joined on a no commitment plan. Now I need to get a lock for the gym locker. We have 3 at home, but no one can remember the combinations.

And flash flood warning has been extended, so more rain on the way, today.
Ugh. We’ve been getting a lot of rain too, but not as bad as some. Hopefully it won’t be too bad for you.

So homies, time for tacos, burritos and whatever you can eat while making a Taco Bell run, or join Charade in placing an order in that Mexican restaurant.
Everyone is welcome to come join me for lunch someday.

Tony has so much PTO time built up that he decided to take off the Friday after the 4th and also decided that we should take off somewhere for the long weekend. Well sure, let me just snap my fingers and make that last minute reservation for a holiday weekend. LOL! Somehow I pulled it off and found a cabin rental in the mountains of western NC for a couple of nights. It'll be a quick little getaway to Boone, but it's better than nothing.
Sounds like a great plan. I’ve never been to Boone, but I have friends who love it there.

Charade, Crocs have some fabulous flip flop types without being flip flops. I have a heel issue where I can`t wear totally flat shoes or sandals. I wear orthotics in tennis shoes and boots. The ones I wear are ideal as they shave a wedge, think they`re called Patricia, I`ve worn them for years and have them in almost every colour….......and no piece of plastic between the toe....I could not wear that type with the plastic between the toe even for a short time.
I haven’t worn Crocs in so long that I had no idea that they made so many different styles. I’m not even sure if I owned Crocs. They were probably knock-off crocs.

I touched base with Pattyw on Friday. They are doing ok and have more appointments this week.
Thanks for the update.

Oldest is loving Alaska, goes for walks at 10pm every night with her group-still bright light out then.
I’m envious. I would love to spend a summer in Alaska. Of course, as soon as winter starts to arrive I would be outta there.

I’m pooped! Did next step with Hot tub, put towels in wash, pulled weeds- some, cleaned oven racks. Last oven I could leave racks in self clean cycle, they were coated black. These ones I have to scrub. So hard to get all the spots off. Anyone have a good method? I used steel scrubby.
Have you tried Barkeepers Friend? It might help.

Time to think about getting some sleep. Guess I should also dig out some gym clothes for tomorrow.

I have been driving my car the past
Two days as little as possible

I kept hearing rumors that gas prices were going to drop

Even thought it was at Walmart where I heard these rumors( lol) I tried to wait it out

Was hopeful I would get a better price if gas prices dropped

Bite the bullet today and had to fill up the tank as car was about on fumes

paying $2.16 a gallon was killing me as I am betting prices will go down tomorrow

Mr Mac yelled at me and said just get gas in your car so I do not have to end up bringing a full Tank to youse

Told him I am waiting it out until to prices drop who’s side are you on..

Good evening. Another busy day at work. Thankfully it made the day seem to go by faster.

B and I joined a gym today. Planet Fitness is doing a summer program where teens can work out for free, so I thought we would give it a try. I joined on a no commitment plan. Now I need to get a lock for the gym locker. We have 3 at home, but no one can remember the combinations.

Ugh. We’ve been getting a lot of rain too, but not as bad as some. Hopefully it won’t be too bad for you.

Everyone is welcome to come join me for lunch someday.

Sounds like a great plan. I’ve never been to Boone, but I have friends who love it there.

I haven’t worn Crocs in so long that I had no idea that they made so many different styles. I’m not even sure if I owned Crocs. They were probably knock-off crocs.

Thanks for the update.

I’m envious. I would love to spend a summer in Alaska. Of course, as soon as winter starts to arrive I would be outta there.

Have you tried Barkeepers Friend? It might help.

Time to think about getting some sleep. Guess I should also dig out some gym clothes for tomorrow.
Congrats on joining a gym. I have a gym membership, now I just have to use it :crazy2:
No I haven’t tried Barkeepers friend. I’ll have to go look. Trying to stay away from oven cleaner for racks. But need something more than Dawn and elbow grease!
Sue, do you hire out?

If you lived next door to me I would pay you millions.....
I was on a roll today lol. Did I mention windows too :faint:

Good Wednesday morning everyone...….

Rain during the night......dull and grey this morning...….

Sue, I use brillo pads.....not sure what they`re called over there....steel wire or scouring pad maybe?? I am a sad individual though and clean all the shelves far too regularly I love that shiny shelf look and never thought the self cleaning cycle got it as clean as they could be.....The Aga gets cleaned professionally though.....not sure why, but it does. But, my regular oven sparkles......and that's my proud brag for the day...….and also shows I need to get out more...…. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Charade, have a look at crocs, they do have some nice (well nicer styles) now and nothing like the original horrible crocs that just look like ugly clogs......I practically live in the ones I have...…….

Gas we pay around $8 or $9 a gallon.....roughly...….only reason I know is one of the cousins family was over in the UK on business and was shocked by the cost...….my cousin asked how do folks get around over here......we just do...….yes, filling up the new car isn't fun.....but driving it is a huge amount of fun, so ying and yang...…...

Yes, Sue we have a problem with bad driving in general.....some of the worst are the younger women who drop kids off at schools and then race to get to work on time...….there`s definitely a type......where does the anger come from????

Tom jet washed one of the patios yesterday, the biggest one and it looks great....planned to do the others today, but with the rain.....it`ll have to wait...….we haven't used our gas grill for a while, so hoping it would get some use soon..…..not this weekend by the looks of the weather......so have no idea what our plans are for today...….

Tomorrow morning is the dentist where I have a loose crown....never fun.....this is one that`s been in for years.....and years......so maybe time for a new one......darn it!!!! Then, nice timing is lunch with friends.....I`ll be on soup I guess......

Anyway, have a great Wednesday...….:wave2:

Good Afternoon, Schumi, hope your dentist is not related to Keisha's Doctor Death. :jester:LOL, no really, it s never fun, and I hope you get your loose crown fixed quick, and painlessly. And yep, we have crazy drivers. Like the guy who sped up to not stop at the stop sign, and promptly had to stop at the red light, a few hundred yards from the 4 way stop he failed to stop for. Or, the guy, who sped through the red light, after it had changed to red before he entered the intersection. That was this mornings commute. And a wet and rainy one too. 70 out, but still not feeling warm, despite the weather guy saying it's humid out. Uh, at least 100 percent humidity.

Mac, that's a great price for gas, as almost a dollar higher when I fill up. I try to not be on fumes before I fill up. DH did that a few weeks ago, and I was almost shocked at the total. I think his truck's gas tank holds so much more gas than mine. I swear, mine is even smaller than my old car's one. But, hey, the car tells me how many miles before I run out of gas, and starts telling me where gas stations are located as I get near 40 miles to go. So I don't have to worry about where the needle is.

Charade, good for you with the gym. Nice you can go with B, at no cost.

Sue, nope, I just use steel pads, like Brillo too. That's one chore I don't like, but luckily, I am not always the sloppiest baker. This time of year, I don't use the oven as much. Heats the kitchen up too much, and we tend to use our air fryer now. Spring cleaning, at the last days of Spring. Yep, Hope you have a work free morning today.

And so appropriate, we are having a wet Wednesday too. Though for most of us, it's also a hump day Wednesday, and camel reminder is here:
410133 Can you? Well,

So, all have a wonderful day. Stay dry, and try to think, hey, Friday is only 2 days away. And for us, hopefully a dry one. We will be surely rocking and rolling on Thursday, as a severe thunderstorm and tornado watch has been posted already. Seems the cooler weather we will be having after Thursday, will be merging with the hot air, and oh the storms that will call. At least today, it's the you're the unlucky that got that pop up drenching downpour. Half my commute was dry, half was not. Guess I was the lucky one this morning, as it was dry when I got into the car. Sigh. Time for more tea.

Well, thanks all for the oven rack tips! I wasn’t happy with them. So I’ll try the Brillo. Tomorrow. Today is busy. And I’m up in the middle of the night, ugh. Can’t sleep. Going down to the church at 9:00, to help out bagging bread for food bank. It’s only an hour every other Wednesday. Then have a luncheon to get to. After lunch meeting youngest for shaved ice before her dentist appt!

Good morning homies!

Watching the weather channel
Looks like many areas having lousy weather, some are having storm warnings

Stay safe if you are in those areas!

Today we have a chance of rain
Only thing if that happens, next days will soar to higher temps
Predicted we will be back in the 90’s then again

Thanks Lynne for sharing the camel with us
Always cute when you do

Hope other homies will check in and let us know how they are doing!

Enjoy your day !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter