Something About Nothing ... #12

Man wish I lived closer to Atlanta-$330 RT flights to Paris over Thanksgiving! :scared1:
Once you have to drive in the Atlanta area, you would wish you lived farther away from it
Lol

I have driven to Orlando and always dread the traffic on 75 passing by Atlanta
(and the traffic in the city and burbs)

It’s like Chicago... busy traffic and time consuming

Once you have to drive in the Atlanta area, you would wish you lived farther away from it
Lol
Yeah I couldn't handle that every day anymore-we've driven to Orlando a few times in past year-I make DH drive through Atlanta no matter the time of day. I've lived and driven in Orlando, St Louis, Little Rock and Dallas-and Atlanta drivers are truly the scariest! I'm actually OK driving in Orlando again-spent too much time there past 2 years I think.

I like not having the congestion and traffic where we live, but OMG I miss the quick, easy, cheap flights without having to drive 3 hours...Hoping the revival of Branson area and Lake Ozark make our airport more attractive to carriers again. Miss Southwest out of here. Just for curiosity sake checked prices for Margaritaville at the Lake prices and only slightly cheaper than Orlando area for same weekend in July...Peak season at lake. Like the remodel they did from the old Tan-Tar-A resort from the pictures. May have to pop over there next month and check out in person.

Buckeev sounds like a really fun year!! And the Eagles!!!

Lol

I lived in Stone Mountain GA, suburb of ATL. If you got a job on the other side of town, you MOVED!

So very true. I laugh when people around here complain about traffic. We don’t even have a interstate highway here. The one thing I hate about going home to GA is the traffic. The traffic in Miami was pretty bad too, and I don’t ever want to drive in Los Angeles.

Yeah, traffic. I think it is why I fly to Orlando and take the train to the airport instead of driving around the city to go to it. Otherwise, unless it not rush hour times, like later evening and early mornings, the drive could be not so nice. I live North of the City, and the airport is South of the City. Even with no traffic, ride time is around a little over an hour drive. And a highway to get there. To get to those highways, takes anywhere from about 20 minutes to longer drive. There is no fast way in or around the city. If I need to go into town, I tend to use the train. Parking and driving in the city can be a real pain.

Ah, this early bird says good night. I think older one is the only one wide awake. I can hear him talking with his online friends as he is playing whatever game. I told him, since I can hear him, it is time for bed, I am tired.

It is a wrap.

Oh Sue I have had too many days like your Thursday! But sounds like a lot accomplished.
Well after all the food talk-quick run to grocery store-needed milk anyway. Back home to grill some chicken for later. Made greek pasta salad as it is easy and refreshing when hot out. Got more of my low calorie lemonade-seems rest of family likes it too! The live chickens are hanging out under fruit trees, digging holes for dust baths. Dh gets so upset at them for that. They tend to use the same spots though and will crowd into same couple spots.

Waiting for airfares to drop for next May-right now only through first half of month. Found RT fare from New York to Paris for <$400 each. I can get flights to NY for <$200 RT each (if we go to STL) But it is a bit too early in May to book for sure right now-prefer mid/end of month. Doing research and museums are free for 18 and under-and middle won't be 18 on the trip.
Already got a response from Tony Hinds too :) 88 days to go!

Loving the sound of low calorie lemonade...….I`ve never made my own lemonade...…

You`re going to Paris!! We used to visit a lot, and it`s where Tom proposed to me.....top of the Eiffel Tower......very romantic.....haven't been back in 10 years. But have two friends live there, and one is meeting us with her husband this week while we are up in Scotland!! Can`t wait to see them...…..

We have a lake serpent too, Ogopolo! In Lake Okanagan.

Wow great fare. Sometimes there’s better fares from Seattle for us, but it means a 3 hr drive and hotel stays on both ends so most of the time hotel cancels out any savings. But if I can snag a good hotel rate it works out. I like a certain area.

Oh ours is a "monster" not just a serpent Sue...….lol......or Sue the tourist board would have you believe...…..:rolleyes1

Wow! I'm SOOO far BEHIND here!!! Hope y'all are healin'-happy-n-well-fed!
Been bizzie here, not just with shop stuff, but planning trips!
Late July: Baltimore with Gage.
Halloween week: HHN & DIZ
Christmas Week: POR (17 of us!!!)
and..
.just because my dear Bride mentioned it...
Early October...Las Vegas to see THE EAGLES!!!

So.Much.Travel!!! (TOO much travel! We may not leave the house next year.)

Sounds like a lot of fun trips planned buckeev…….and a big one too at 17 folks!!! Wow...…...

Lol

The young physiotherapist I mentioned to you last year....he was supposed to be going to his friends wedding but it got postponed due to visas and all that.....well, he is going in two weeks for the new wedding date and is planning to drive in and around Atlanta...…:scared1: I did tell him I had only ever heard from friends how bad it was...….he`s young.....he has never been to America before so he`s in for a shock!!! I did try...…...

Yeah, traffic. I think it is why I fly to Orlando and take the train to the airport instead of driving around the city to go to it. Otherwise, unless it not rush hour times, like later evening and early mornings, the drive could be not so nice. I live North of the City, and the airport is South of the City. Even with no traffic, ride time is around a little over an hour drive. And a highway to get there. To get to those highways, takes anywhere from about 20 minutes to longer drive. There is no fast way in or around the city. If I need to go into town, I tend to use the train. Parking and driving in the city can be a real pain.

Ah, this early bird says good night. I think older one is the only one wide awake. I can hear him talking with his online friends as he is playing whatever game. I told him, since I can hear him, it is time for bed, I am tired.

It is a wrap.

When we go to London we always take the train.....it just doesn't make sense to try and drive down there........not car friendly either!!!

What a beautiful Sunday morning......and when you get an email that makes you smile from ear to ear it`s even better...…::yes::

One of my oldest friends who lives in Paris with her husband and family is in Scotland this week while we are there and emailed me this morning to say we`ll definitely meet up...first time in around 5 years...….we email and chat on the phone a lot, but it`s not the same as meeting up.

Leave tomorrow morning and back Friday night...…..booked our favourite hotel and looking forward to enjoying some time enjoying their facilities this time.

Oh watched The Nun last night...….absolute rubbish. Won`t watch that again...….supposed to be scary.....scariest thing was the acting from one of the characters!!!

Have a great Sunday...…...

All this talk if travel, yay!

From Buckeev doing the rest of year travel, woot! From The Eagles, to the Mouse, sounds like fun, well that many people over Christmas week...

From Schumi, nice friends weekend in Scotland. Hotel sounds so nice. I hope the weather is perfect for your meet ups.

Paris in the Spring. Sounds great MonyK. And some HHN in the Fall. Finally, yay, for voucher entered successfully.

Sue, with now less than 99 days countdown.

And many of us enjoying some Florida fun in September and October.

And at least one of us, a quick trip at the end of the summer. You know, when so much fun in AP night needs to be repeated again this year.

Ooh, another bright and sunny day. Pool time for sure this afternoon, Zoo, hmm, only little one would go with me, and she told me time for bed just before midnight. Ah, cascading tired homies last night. Her, me, then older one.

With that, more wash to finish up shortly, and tea for this quiet Sunday morning.

Good Morning homies. Lazy Sunday, and that’s a good thing. Hope all will have that kind of Sunday.

Follow on.

Good morning.... in the car resuming our drive. We drove 17 hours yesterday. We stopped in Savanna for the night. 3 and a half hours to first neighborhood to look at probably will do 4. Then check in to Vistana and dinner at sweet tomatoes. It is hot and sunny.

I can't type to much in the car. I will get sick but I want to wave to Mac and Tink in Georgia.

I will try and post some stuff.

Have a great Sunday :)

Good morning. Not feeling very well this morning, so I think today will be a do nothing kind of day.
No trips planned for us for the foreseeable future, so I will be living vicariously through the rest of you.
Going to try to see if I can get back to sleep.

Pouring rain today, not sure it’s gonna stop. Managed to get out of bed long enough to make coffee and cinnamon rolls, may go back to bed (nap sounds lovely Charade) -weather radio keeps going off with flash flood warnings.

Yay for friends visit in Scotland Schumi!

Nice day for zoo Lynne.
17 hours is a marathon! Have done it a few times driving to/from Florida Bobbie! Good luck house hunting

DH’s oldest Texted this am asking if the grand Floridian was nice- she has a work conference there in August. Rooms $265/nt- she’s going to try to get her boss to pay for it though lol. Think she can get extra rooms for family..,will see if she puts bug in DH ear about going down, especially if grandson and son in law aren’t able to make it in July. Grandson bday in August too...

Good morning.... in the car resuming our drive. We drove 17 hours yesterday. We stopped in Savanna for the night. 3 and a half hours to first neighborhood to look at probably will do 4. Then check in to Vistana and dinner at sweet tomatoes. It is hot and sunny.

I can't type to much in the car. I will get sick but I want to wave to Mac and Tink in Georgia.

I will try and post some stuff.

Have a great Sunday :)
I was about to ask about you and here you are!

Hope you find an area and home you all love
Enjoy Florida and the parks!

Come back with a tan
Your friends will be jealous

Safe travels for Schumi
You’ll have a grand time visiting with your family and friends

Thanks mac...….looking forward to this stay a lot.

Nice hotel we love which is very castle like.....and those huge four poster beds I mentioned to you before......don't want to fall out of that!!! I took mum up there for a break a couple of years ago......and promised I`d go back with Tom.

And catching up with friends is always nice.....with one or two family members too...….::yes::

Hope you`re doing ok and having some lovely weather...…..

We have rain now......it was forecast, with a weather warning in place for tomorrow for thunder and lightning......nice to travel in that!!! Sounds heavy now...…..

Where`s my summer!!!!!

Wow! I'm SOOO far BEHIND here!!! Hope y'all are healin'-happy-n-well-fed!
Been bizzie here, not just with shop stuff, but planning trips!
Late July: Baltimore with Gage.
Halloween week: HHN & DIZ
Christmas Week: POR (17 of us!!!)
and..
.just because my dear Bride mentioned it...
Early October...Las Vegas to see THE EAGLES!!!

So.Much.Travel!!! (TOO much travel! We may not leave the house next year.)
Some nice trips planned! We love POR, mansion section. Love strolling along the river, with carriages passing by, and Bob Jackson’s show at night.

So very true. I laugh when people around here complain about traffic. We don’t even have a interstate highway here. The one thing I hate about going home to GA is the traffic. The traffic in Miami was pretty bad too, and I don’t ever want to drive in Los Angeles.
I hate driving on the I95 in Florida, wont drive in LA or NY! I don’t even drive in the downtown core here. I’ll take the train in before I’ll drive!

Pouring rain today, not sure it’s gonna stop. Managed to get out of bed long enough to make coffee and cinnamon rolls, may go back to bed (nap sounds lovely Charade) -weather radio keeps going off with flash flood warnings.

Yay for friends visit in Scotland Schumi!

Nice day for zoo Lynne.
17 hours is a marathon! Have done it a few times driving to/from Florida Bobbie! Good luck house hunting

DH’s oldest Texted this am asking if the grand Floridian was nice- she has a work conference there in August. Rooms $265/nt- she’s going to try to get her boss to pay for it though lol. Think she can get extra rooms for family..,will see if she puts bug in DH ear about going down, especially if grandson and son in law aren’t able to make it in July. Grandson bday in August too...
Ooooo that’s a great rate for GF! We’ve gotten some good rates for The Grand via TA specials, I think we paid that rate or maybe a tad less our last stay there. We had a great room in Big Pine, and could see the MK fireworks from our balcony. It’s one of our fav resorts, so laidback and relaxing.

Schumi have fun in Scotland! Bbq sounds like it was good, lots of food! We had bbq ribs with a dry rub, roasted red potatoes, healthy salad, and cherry pie!

Bobbie safe travels! I can’t even read a map in a moving car, doesn’t take long before I feel woozy.

Lynne enjoy your zoo day! Yup, 99 days-maybe! Should know for sure by Tuesday, this trip hinges around friends schedule. If Sept doesn’t work we’ll look at Late January/Feb avoiding the US holidays. Need to get one more trip out of our APs!
But we have a 49 day countdown to DL!

Charade feel better!

Mac good to see you posting again.

Overcast day here and on the cool side. Nothing planned. May take car thru wash. Walk the dogs. Do some reading. Started a Maisie Dobbs book the other day. Quite enjoying it.

Looking forward to my tv shows tonight! Fear and Handmaids Tale! No idea what’s for dinner tonight, lol.

A wet, misty and damp morning here.......predicted thunderstorms never transpired.........still some lightning predicted later today.......

So, it’ll be a dull journey up to the Highlands today.......as soon as Kyle leaves for work, we’ll set off within the hour.

Will stop for lunch and a couple of bathroom breaks, dinner is booked in one of their restaurants for 8pm. Then an earlyish night as it’s a long travel day up there. But worth it.

Then hopefully tomorrow is Loch Ness.

Have a great few days guys.........

Safe travels, Schumi. Weather does not sound so nice for the trip, but I hope your dinner is good, and your time there is wonderful. I loved visiting the Highlands many a year ago, with my mum. Maybe Nessie will say hello. You never know.

With that, hope Bobbie and family are finishing their trip, and will have some park fun soon. Safe travels to you too.

With that, a Monday is here. And ooh, the sun quickly rose in the mostly clear sky. No need for car lights on this just before dawn commute. Hot one today, with a degree or two below 90, and yep, thunderstorms now not predicted until the chances said to be in the wee hours of tomorrow. Just clouds build as the day heads toward noon. Oh well. Walk for lunch is a go, and yeah, I have a hat in the car, and a tie around my wrist that will go in my hair before the hat goes on. Yeah, red face is not my idea of fun. And it's going to feel hot, I bet.

And, are you up, question asked as I left today. Seems both kids have their first day of camp work, and while they have a later morning commute, I may beat them home in our afternoon commutes. Ah, I love the summer, both kids are on the same schedule.

With that, tea is needed, and a Monday reminder, if a homie does need to know, it's a Monday, and yeah, the start of a work week for me. And, hello tea. I'll need lots of you today, with the sweater, that may be on shortly. Seems when I parked, I could hear the generator that gives us the cool, was quite loud. Guess it knows, hot day today.

ooh, a dog funny first, though:
411253 ha ha.

Okay, 411254. Yep, 411255 - so, let the tea and coffee flow plenty today, and marvelous Monday be had by all the homies.

And sending more well wishes to Patty's DH. I hope Joe is feeling better, and is resting comfy.

Good Morning, homies. Good Monday Morning, homies.

Hey all. Let the week before vacation madness ensue

Gotta hole in my roof where the rain comes in

Appears a critter (bear from the size of it sorta kidding) ripped a hole roof 6 x 12 inches

Must’ve been new as no water damage thru ceiling with all the torrential rain.

Nothing lurking around n attic phew but some fresh ahem leavings

Thanking God the me decided to randomly clean out gutters on Saturday when he spied it!

First one out to Mickey Mouse fix the hole with great reviews was the winner. Signing contract tomorrow. Oh happy day there goes at least 3 not yet planned vacations Shameful that’s the first thing I think of lol

Loving the sound of low calorie lemonade...….I`ve never made my own lemonade...…

only way I drink it. Bag of lemons and sugar syrup, easy peasy. Pour a cup & add a shot of vodka just because
Oh watched The Nun last night...….absolute rubbish. Won`t watch that again...….supposed to be scary.....scariest thing was the acting from one of the characters!!!
Have it on DVC. Previews did look terrifying Hmmph
Enjoy the trip!
Some nice trips planned! We love POR, mansion section. Love strolling along the river, with carriages passing by, and Bob Jackson’s show at night.
Yes! Section we pick too. Always try to snag corner rom for extra window there . Like it better than FQ. Seems more peaceful esp at pool

Last visit was really annoyed how early people set up camp to see him. Arrived over an hour early and not even SRO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter