Something About Nothing............ #14

I think I will pass on sailing the Oprah ocean.

We get spam faxes (yes, we still have a fax machine) at work almost every week. The funny thing is that they are all for the same therapist. He's our only male therapist and only sees clients in the evening when I am gone. Most of them state that someone has died and left no heirs, and since the therapist shares a name with the deceased he can claim it and split it with the person who is notifying him, blah, blah, blah....
Those faxes go straight to the trash can.

I still haven't made it to the grocery store, so tonight we went out for Chinese food. Dh has gone to a martial arts class, so I think I will see if there is anything on Disney + that I want to watch.

I think I will pass on sailing the Oprah ocean.

We get spam faxes (yes, we still have a fax machine) at work almost every week. The funny thing is that they are all for the same therapist. He's our only male therapist and only sees clients in the evening when I am gone. Most of them state that someone has died and left no heirs, and since the therapist shares a name with the deceased he can claim it and split it with the person who is notifying him, blah, blah, blah....
Those faxes go straight to the trash can.

I still haven't made it to the grocery store, so tonight we went out for Chinese food. Dh has gone to a martial arts class, so I think I will see if there is anything on Disney + that I want to watch.

Haven’t ate yet........

I could go for some broccoli beef or some cashew chicken.....!

Oh and crab rangoons!!!

Sesame chicken for me tonight.

I just got an interesting email. The purchase of my new iPad qualifies me for a free 1 year subscription to Apple TV +. I hadn’t planned on subscribing, but I may give it a chance for free.

Charade I got that same deal ( Apple TV) when I bought my iPhone in December
One year free subscription

I have no idea what Apple TV is all about

Ready for my next trip! The left was a “Get what You Get“ mystery tat. I got that a couple of years ago, then today I finally got a coordinating piece. Love it!View attachment 465872

Hey C&Jx2........good to see you here :wave2:

I have to say every time I see your avatar with the purple scarf.....it reminds me the year one of my best friends bought me as part of my Christmas, a huge purple scarf, but it was a weird thick material.......I wasn’t sure if it was a scarf or a table runner!!!

It was a scarf.

mac.......Apple TV is nothing special! We have all these things like that and Netflix, Now tv, Prime and more, and we end up watching the fifty million channels on cable we have, and there’s still nothing to watch!!

I very rarely put the tv on in the morning, but sitting in the kitchen with a cuppa, I turned it on this morning........Mike and Molly is on. Little early for me but I do like this show.

Still dark, but feels like outside will be chilly today......my phone says it feels like -2c........think we’ll stay in today. Think Kyle is out most of the day though.

Chicken stir fry tonight for us.........Kyle is in for dinner and is having teriyaki chicken with Tom. I’ll have spicy chicken with lemon, ginger and pineapple but tastes mainly of fresh ginger......sweet and spicy........lush!!!

But.......it’s Saturday.........bacon for breakfast in an hour or so.......:thumbsup2

528DFE4B-8564-4EE6-9713-BA8A1345E159.jpeg

Ooh, food talk. Yum, Chinese food and bacon, and chicken stir fry.

Steak was delicious last night. Went to bed before DH came home, so I have no idea what is left. Older one and I did not leave much, including the mac and cheese. We both thought I got the cheese amount just right.

Thus, if steak is left, will be steak and eggs. While yes, I did pick up bacon on our grocery run, left over is easier and then no more left over, and with two more late mornings, I can use it another day.

And yay! C&J will be having fun soon!

Tea for me, and I have not seen snow yet, or heard little one calling for a pick up. Since the snow is predicted to start falling around 10 or 11 this morning, it will be a crapshoot as to which I get first, the call or the snow. Little one is not known to be an early bird.

Super happy Saturday to the homies.

Another morning that I miss the bacon homie had made.....
Darn it

Did not feel like cooking last night so ordered a chicken dinner from Publix last night
Left overs for lunch today

When I worked, Saturday was the highlight of the week

Now any day is one

Watching the weather channel and looks like many of our homies have been hit by winter last night
Brrrrr

I forgot to mention we went to Sickies Garage this week!

That place was PACKED.....

For good reason though our food was great they are known for some very good burgers and brews.....

My wife ended up having the hot beef and gravy with mashed potatoes and loved it.

I had a ranch chicken wrap with bacon and side of fries.....awesome.

My 17 year old had the monte cristo and really enjoyed it.

My 11 year old had a kids cheeseburger meal and an Oreo shake!!!

We also had some of the best cheese curds as an appetizer fried to perfection!!!

Last edited:
Yay! Mac. We made the list again.

Well, then snow came as littke one picked up. Some scary driving, as no road surface could be seen on the way home. Was that quick in turning all white. But all are safe at home now, so a happy mom.

Yum tasting place, DisneyLife. Always good to have a tasty dinner out with the family.

And bacon did get made, as confirmed by DH, the steak was gone last night. Hence, eggs with cheese and bacon on toast. Feeling still full. Waiting for the roads to clear the snow before venturing out again. Weather guy said, afternoon will be a quiet time, before a winter mix for dinner time, and rain in the evening. See, high temp will be 40, at midnight. Then as Sunday goes on, so the temp will fall. Bitter feeling Sunday, they say. In other words, nice to be lazy this weekend.

Did not know that, Charade. Cool, neat, interesting. Oh, and since I need to mention more food:

7E483966-F682-47FD-99A3-BEFEC3AFD016.jpeg

Yep, popcorn time!

Goodbye Deerfield Beach and hello snow :scared: yikes. Flew into SeaTac and stayed overnight Wednesday. My DH had been sending me email updates of weather at home. I actually looked into changing flight for a few days later but was just too expensive to change. I was worried about the drive home from Seattle. I decided on Thursday after hotel checkout I’d shop at the Costco near there instead of Bellingham where I usually go as it’s closer to the Canadian border. It was a good thing. The drive up I-5 was clear until I got close to Bellingham. Blowing snow, poor visibility and watched the pickup truck ahead of me slide. The freeway speed went down to a crawl. Everyone was being cautious. Then a bit past Bellingham the weather cleared again. Was a nerve wracking drive.

My first 2-3 days the wind was coming off the ocean and so strong you couldn’t sit on the beach or you’d get sand blasted. Microdermabrasion anyone? So I’d sit on the grassy area above the beach. Would only last an hour. But then wind settled down and got a few beach days in.

It was lovely getting together with my cousins, we only get to see each other once a year, and sometimes not that. And even rarer that it’s together, as one cousin is in Florida, and the other in LA. So not often we’re in the same place at the same time. Even though it was a sad occasion that got us together, we appreciated the time together.
I also went over to my moms assisted living home to personally thank the staff for their care, and bought over flowers and a box of gourmet donuts. It was harder than expected walking in there but glad I did it.

Had just about every dinner out with one or both cousins The first part of the trip, then my LA cousin and her family had to get back to LA for work. The remainder of my visit I had dinners with her brother and his wife. We had to have our traditional dinner at Cracker Barrel! And one at Flanigan’s. The other places were new to me.

F186DC48-F790-43AD-A69D-FC8886D3FFA6.jpeg56DBE46A-FE8C-4625-8F08-1D8E196E54B4.jpegF186DC48-F790-43AD-A69D-FC8886D3FFA6.jpeg56DBE46A-FE8C-4625-8F08-1D8E196E54B4.jpeg

We made the list again?? Cool.......

I love a good Thesaurus........::yes::

Lynne we are quite cool too, and yes, bacon is always good! I’ve never been a fan of popcorn......tried sweet and savoury flavours......never quite got the appeal.

We’re at zero tonight, I just popped out to the trash and it feels much colder! So, glad it’s warm and cosy inside.

Stir fry was lovely........very spicy! For some reason we had dinner fairly early tonight.......

Need a haircut.........passed by my usual mid colour cut time, so will get an appointment sorted next week. It’s so long!! And is taking forever to straighten in the mornings.

Quiet night ahead......again. Friends think we’re hibernating........

Movie and a glass of wine sounds good about now........

This evening passed by so quickly........spent some time on FaceTime with family from Germany.......always good to catch up and have a chat.....

Then lazy evening not doing much at all.....thinking about making a start to scan all of our real pictures so they’re stored as digital......but......there are so many of them! Even discounting ones I maybe wouldn’t want to keep......there are thousands!

Might put that job off for a while........:rolleyes1

Another vote for a lazy evening. Yep, icy out, so nothing that must be done, hence watching whatever each of us likes to see. Perfect night, in my book.

All, stay safe, warm, and peaceful.

Sue, so happy your trip was nice, and back to home safely. Enjoy seeing your pictures!

Hope Pumpkin is with her new granddaughter, and hope mom and baby are well, home, and happy.

Ooh, house feels a bit cool. Time for a cup of tea.

I’m not sure if the movement of the ship would bother me or not. I’ve never been on an ocean cruise. Just cruising Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords in Alaska. These are the largest ships I’ve been on.
View attachment 465826

View attachment 465827

I enjoyed these day cruises, but the thought of being out in the open ocean scares me.
(I typed “open” and it somehow got autocorrected to “Oprah”.
I’ve seen cruise ship tender boats bigger than that lol
regardless where you are on a ship.....if it sinks.....you’re sunk.....
These days they make them a mite better than the titanic. Other than the incident with capt waving to mistress’ family and running aground in Med somewhere, can’t think of any incidents

still, there’s plenty of vacation options out there. One size does not fit all

Hello everyone. Did you know that today is national thesaurus day? I was surprised, shocked, astounded, flabbergasted, taken aback............
Lol good one

in Daytona, at stadium at appointed time. Too bad theprior game only in 1st quarter nice night tho not going to complain, considering ice & snow back home & my DS doing well

the new iPhone never ceases to
Amaze me as to picture quality. This of PoC attraction right after you board
92BF41D2-6BF1-4D35-A5F7-00BCC6999908.jpeg

went in up to my knees only earlier today, water temp 61 degrees

B9F2B788-3E93-451A-8BC1-E7633B5CDB40.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter