Something About Nothing............ #14

Things are finally starting to settle down at work. Today I actually got to spend most of the day working on problems. I have one insurance issue that I have been working on for at least 8 months. One of our therapists heard me talking to the insurance company and told me that I deserved a medal. I told her that I would prefer a raise.

macraven has the best temps around!!! I like the sound of Georgia.....
Georgia is a great state to visit. I really miss it and don;t know when I will get back for a visit. 😢

Dad is doing well. No covid symptoms so far. So thankful for that.
Great news. Hope he is virus free.

Passed away last night, and I am at peace, as knowing we did all we could to have let her go exactly how and where she wanted.
I am so sorry Lynne. Hugs to you and your family.

On a funny, I am of that age that I hate hormones.
I can totally relate.

checking in from shelter in place in the midwest. I've been lurking but haven't been posting.
Hi Bethany! Nice to meet you.

Yesterday was my day off. We had beautiful weather so I finally was able to get most of my veggie garden planted. Tomatoes, green, red and kung pao peppers, field peas, basil, cantaloupe, English cukes and zucchini. Still need to plant my squash, pickling cukes and okra.
Wow, sounds like the makings of a great salad. Gardening is tricky here. Too many deer.

Patiently waiting for my doc to phone me. Consults only by phone now unless you need an in person. He’s phoning to check up on how I’m doing on my new diabetic diet, having been recently diagnosed. It’s been a week. And I’ve lost 6 lb. I hope he’ll be happy. Lots to learn on what to eat or not to.
Congrats on the weight loss. I really need to start cutting back on my sugar and carb intake.

My governor finally saw the light...
He is making an announcement at 4 today to extend the shelter in to continue to May 13.
Glad to hear this. I just texted my brother to see how this will affect his wedding plans.

I am making chili tonight, one of the famliy's favorites. I am starting to run down on my supplies which means to the grocery store soon. I will probably do take out on Friday night.
One of my favorite cold weather meals. I have been going to the grocery once a week. We just don't have the room to store more than a week's worth of groceries at a time.

Almost time to start thinking about dinner. I don't really want anything that we have at home. I'm kind of craving a Blaze pizza.

Aw Lynne I’m so sorry to hear of your Mom’s passing - hugs

tornados touched down a few miles away where youngest DS lives.F1 but still 100 mph & lots of uprooted trees. Heard the wind really pick up starting around 12:30 am today, windows rattling,scary stuff

middle DS was in hospital for observation & testing last few days. not related to CV. Bad timing felt badhe was on his own, no visitors

Getting ready to dye Easter eggs with the little.
we are so lucky here....haven’t set foot in any of the big grocery stores since all this started. Local small stores have plenty of stock.....
Same, since we both fall into the groups that need to beware, worth it to me to live with the pickup options. Have yet to see a delivery time open at any of them. Still giggle thinking of the offs

another large order tomorrow at WM for items OOS at grocery store I’ve been doing bulk of shopping for youngest DS as stores have limited hours her, only open during his work at home hours. Happy to do so, we dump
& run lol.

am planning on trying to hunker down more next week or two.Things are starting to ramp up here, spreading westward from eastern part of state.

But we still have the choice of going outside as long groups are less than ten.

He is making an announcement at 4 today to extend the shelter in to continue to May 13.

Glad he reconsidered, but groups less than 10 :scared: Hope they are keeping 6’ apart. Today I went walking around the neighbourhood with 2 other ladies, but we were careful to keep distances. Stay safe!

Doctor called for Diabetic check. He was happy, but said I could add some of the right carbs in small amounts into my diet. Need to find my balance.

Charade yes! You do deserve a raise! A good friend of ours is on acreage and has a big veg garden. He has it totally fenced because of the deer!
Thanks for the encouragement on the Diabetic diet.

Keishashadow glad youngest was safe from the Tornado. I’d be terrified and if I lived in Tornado Alley I‘d probably have a Wizard Of Oz style shelter in the ground! I hope middle one is ok.

Bobbie I hope the new mask helps LI’ve feel more secure at work. Good luck in new phone decisions. We like iPhones. Particularly because of the connectivity between our other Apple products. Also transfer of data from old iPhone to new iPhone is quick and easy. And, at this point I just can’t be bothered learning a new system. Lol. My younest has an android and I hate it.
Thanks for the diet encouragement! I can see myself cheating just a little on vacay too. But with Diabetes can’t go too wild:guilty: I will have that Dole Whip though lol!

Cam your veg garden sounds wonderful. I really want to do one!

Thank you all for your compassion.

And since my DH needed to be reminded more than once today. Yes, today is Thursday
769D260F-A88D-4044-A3D2-C567AF673FF8.gif

Drink up homies, it’s good for ya.

And the best part about Thursday is, not only is a
865A4D79-E39B-4AFE-9979-2F866CD1580B.jpeg

Tea time.

Keisha, so happy tornado missed your DS’s area. Scary winds we get today, but not anywhere near 100mph, more like 50 to 60, so saying some damage from even that speed may be seen today. Eh, trash cans are almost full and put inside the garage. No need to see our trash. LoL

McK, hope your family, including your DH stay safe. So frustrating when people are inconsiderate of others, and put risk on those around them.

Sue, I am glad you can balance your diet and don’t need insulin. And nice, yep enjoy a dole whip when in vacation mode.

Bobbie, I hope Liv is feeling better about working there. Does seem like Target here is trying to be more safe for both its employees and the public.

So, whatever you get into today, have a totally nice Thursday.

Charade, neat picture. Have not seen the bunnies here yet, but will be seeing them too, as they always seem to make nests around our house.

And for those that think not only is it Thirsty Thursday, for some it’s also the the idea to throwback a drink or two, or remember this:

CD959BDF-9666-4476-99A4-CC6B94D5E9C9.png
HaHa. A TP funny. 😃

Good Morning Lynne! Love the Throw Back Thursday pic. Funny! Well it’s 3:30 am for me. Got up to go, now can’t get back to sleep! I hate that.

Yeah, me too, Sue. Hate that.Afternoon nap day for you, I hope.

Earky bird am I. I was up at 4:30, my normal daily weekday routine wake up time.

Is it Wednesday already??

Yesterday was my day off. We had beautiful weather so I finally was able to get most of my veggie garden planted. Tomatoes, green, red and kung pao peppers, field peas, basil, cantaloupe, English cukes and zucchini. Still need to plant my squash, pickling cukes and okra. I have some seed potatoes so I may throw a few in if they haven't already gone bad. Went around the corner to my mother's and DS and I picked up about 1,000 pine cones and cut her front yard. Looks much better. I will tackle the jungle of a backyard this weekend. I was beat. Either my age is catching up with me or it could be sitting on the couch all winter.....

My mom's neighbor came over and gave us some homemade masks while we were there. A sweet lady I have known almost my whole life. She has been making masks and giving them out to friends, family and health care workers.

A beautiful day today. Hi of 84 degrees but I think storms roll in this afternoon. Same thing happened last night. My car was covered in oak catkins this morning (yes, I had to look up the proper name, LOL!)

Dinner last night was homemade beef stroganoff and a salad. Take out tonight. Not sure what yet.

Very true. I am hoping that the meat counter is filled back up when I go out Friday but my expectations are low.

My brother and nephew are avid hunters. My DH was growing up and before we married but he lost interest after we got married. I think he just grew to appreciate nature more as he got older but still likes to go once or twice a year but just bird or rabbit. Also, all his old hunting grounds have either been sold off or developed.

There are so many that do love venison and I am sure that family that received your gift truly appreciated it. I am like you, I will pick something stamped by the USDA way before I opt to eat anything wild. I did try the turkey but it was just to be nice since my DH cooked it and was quite proud of himself.

Lol! Yep, gotta bring them back down to earth once in a while.View attachment 486425

@Lynne G - My deepest condolences to you and your family.

@Bethany10 - Welcome to SAN! Glad your area hasn't been too badly hit. My DS is in the 8th grade. He is enjoying "homeschooling". Me, not so much. Hope you get your sewing machine back soon.

I love home grown veg.....where we live the soil isn't the best, so we never really have anything that grows, but our gardener is trying a few things...….fruit trees however, flourish here.....

Glad you have had some lovely weather, makes this somewhat easier to deal with this....and beef stroganoff.....yum!!!! We like Scottish venison when in Scotland from the Queens estate usually.........but right or wrong we will never eat roadkill!!!! No thanks to that...….have a great day.....

Good call. We are just being told not to gather at all.....no small gatherings and stick to your home and immediate family that live in that home. We miss our friends locally, but have no plans to meet up even from a distance......a lot of them have underlying conditions and two of our friends are surgeons, one owns a haulage firm so are essential and in constant contact with others......yep, we don't want to pass anything we may be carrying and vice versa......common sense really.

Hello everyone...It is rainy and cool here today! I use to look at the weather every day now I just wake up to it. I hope to get back on my routine once things get back to some sort of new normal.

Thank you everyone for thoughts on Liv, it is a very tough time for her right now and it trickles down. I appreciate all the warm thoughts. Brian sent her today with her new home made mask till ones we ordered with filters come in. It is two layer thick and I put a spray disinfectant on it before she left. I just will keep my fingers crossed.

It is time soon to upgrade our phones so I started looking at reviews of them. I really am not sure what I want. I have had iphones and samsungs. I will take my time though not really going places where I need a new one.

I am making chili tonight, one of the famliy's favorites. I am starting to run down on my supplies which means to the grocery store soon. I will probably do take out on Friday night.

Brian and I are going to start walking on nice days. I have to start off easy though I think I did too much the other day. It felt good to get out in the sun. I love natural vitamin D. I have no idea how long he will be working from home but it is nice to have him here. My 4 week check up got pushed to 6 weeks but that is fine.

Lynne I am sorry about your mom passing, I am glad that you have made peace with it. It is such a hard time in life to lose a parent. Oh I know the hormone dance, now I have none and boy is it a game changer. I was close anyways but got pushed over the edge quickly. I will keep you in my thoughts. It looks like we will overlap in Septemeber so will look forward to a meet up. I hope your college ones are foing good finishing up college on line.

Sue Congrats on the weight loss, it is never easy to change a diet. I have had to change diets and find I work hard till vacation then I let myself cheat a bit and enjoy. I am going to have to start some sort of diet after this is all over!!! I hope you continue to get nice weather and enjoy gardening.

Schumi Glad to see you had some nice weather and got outside. Fruit trees sound nice and I would enjoy that. Fingers crossed that all of our fall trips can go forward. Your dinner sounds great as always, I haven't made home made mac n cheese in awhile I am due. Nice to hear the three of you are enjoying each other and glad that Kyle is home.

Bethany Hi nice to meet you. It sounds like your family is adjusting and that is good. Charlie is in 12th grade and has to finish probably on line. I feel bad for him missing senior stuff. My DD got to graduate with all the goodies last year. I hope your small county stays safe!

Cam It sounds like you have a nice garden and enjoy it. I tried once and just didn't do good. I feel bad for Charlie getting all his pepper plants ready to be planted then losing them. He is really into gardening so hope he can try again next year. How nice that your neighbor does the masks, it is a big help. I love stroganoff though I usally don't make it.

Robo I am glad that you made it home safe and that your dad is not showing symptoms. I agree it feels nice to get outside especially with nature and the sun out. I hope you enjoyed your gardening. Your masks sound great and so glad that you can help people with them. Your crock pot recipe sounds good, I use my instapot more for that but will remember it. I am glad that face time is working good. Nice to have a great support family.

Mcrose I am sorry there is so much going on at your DH's work. I don't understand why people risk other people's life. It sounds like it is crazy where you live due to all the incoming traffic from NY. I hope things settle down and you and your family can stay safe. I am glad that your found some supplies to make more masks. Brian went into the stored clean clothes for material and found some elastic stuff. We did order cloth masks awhile back but they are on back order but should be here soon. I wanted something for now, I figured it will help Liv. I am glad to hear your DD can take time off from work. Target said they either have to be diagnosed with Covid and get two weeks or be immune compromised. Liv has some health problems but not that. Thanks again for the thoughts! Oh the weight yoyo is not a good topic right now!

Tgrgrl Nice to see you post. I am glad that everyone is doing well. It is nice when the family can be home safe through this. I was close to being your neighbor. Brian was going for his final interview with Universal in the beginning of March. They emailed him and told him everything is on hold. We were ready to put the house on the market and was ready to go. We are looking in the Orlando suburbs and will keep in touch with our realator. I am sure once things open up Unviersal will get back to him, I hope! I am glad that your girls are doing good with the online schooling.

Mac I hope Mr. Mac is feeling better. Oh I know about over buying snacks, I can't resist the buy one get one LOL!! I am glad that your govenor came to his senses and extended your state, it is so much better to err on the side of caution. I hope the kitties are doing well! I think you have a great cooking schedule! Looking forward to the fall HHN plans!

DLPN That was some nice weather you had. I would be out driving too. Oh I love when taco bell does the happy drink hour in the afternoon. I went today but they were all out of my baja blast zero. I enjoy taco bell on occasion.

Pumpkin Oh my snow!! I think I would cry if I saw that now. I am stocked up except for some meat and fresh veggies, will be going tomorrow for that. I have to get something for Sunday probably a turkey. LOL! My DH cooks and does most of the grilling, he is the grill master so I will let that go to his head!! I am glad that your parents are doing good and coming up negative, good luck with your dad's test. It feels nice to be paper free and get ahead on the reading! I think the masks are good all around!

Charade Glad that your DH didn't break a tooth. I had done that once and they didn't refill the tooth cause it was small. If I had problems they would. I am glad that things worked out for your Sunday school friend. Oh I understand the hair thing, Brian colors my hair for me, I would probably color everything buy my hair. I hear you on the wanting to go do stuff, I am having problems with it, this is my time of year when I enjoy doing activities outside more especially the theme parks. I hope B is doing good with finishing up college online!

Hi Kstar, tink, monykalyn, buckeev and all the rest of the SANS family!

Well I am off to do some cleaning up! I hope everyone has a good hump day!!

Glad to hear Liv is doing better and feeling more comfortable with the mask. Its so difficult.

I have a Samsung Android and love it!!! It does everything an iPhone does and mine now takes better images than the newest iPhone.....data transfers easily, as even I could do it.....and incredibly reliable.....can`t go wrong really. The newer Samsung looks fabulous, one of my friends switched over from her iPhone as she was sick of glitches....slowing down. and so on....she loves the Samsung. My 2c anyway....

Glad you`re enjoying walking now the weather is nicer, it will do you the world of good...….look after yourself.....

Aw Lynne I’m so sorry to hear of your Mom’s passing - hugs

tornados touched down a few miles away where youngest DS lives.F1 but still 100 mph & lots of uprooted trees. Heard the wind really pick up starting around 12:30 am today, windows rattling,scary stuff

middle DS was in hospital for observation & testing last few days. not related to CV. Bad timing felt badhe was on his own, no visitors

Getting ready to dye Easter eggs with the little.

Same, since we both fall into the groups that need to beware, worth it to me to live with the pickup options. Have yet to see a delivery time open at any of them. Still giggle thinking of the offs

another large order tomorrow at WM for items OOS at grocery store I’ve been doing bulk of shopping for youngest DS as stores have limited hours her, only open during his work at home hours. Happy to do so, we dump
& run lol.

am planning on trying to hunker down more next week or two.Things are starting to ramp up here, spreading westward from eastern part of state.

Tornadoes!!!! Have you moved and not told anyone......scary stuff!!! Hope DS does better soon.....worrying time to be visiting hospitals!

Our grocery delivery arrived this morning for this week.....it is impressive! Much easier than regular shopping.....only one swap, they sent a sugary cereal which none of us eat instead of my rice krispies, but we have plenty. Will pop them over to the farmhouse, as I know Farmer Bill eats Frosties......yep, will drop and run. They dropped a dozen fresh eggs at our gate this morning, so like to return the favour.

Yes hunkering down sounds good.....our death rate last two days has gone beyond Italy`s worst in a day! I only half read the story as it`s too much some days.

Charade, neat picture. Have not seen the bunnies here yet, but will be seeing them too, as they always seem to make nests around our house.

And for those that think not only is it Thirsty Thursday, for some it’s also the the idea to throwback a drink or two, or remember this:

View attachment 486588
HaHa. A TP funny. 😃

Nice one Lynne.....hope you`re doing ok today......got to be a rough time losing your mum.

After our grocery delivery came, which apart from sugary cereal it was a complete order, we got into the car and drove to the back of the butchers in the village.....he had our order ready for us and is asking for deliveries to be picked up from there rather than the store.....good idea. I sat in the car while Tom loaded it up......and found a full pack of anti bac wipes in the glove compartment......no idea they were there....and still unopened.

Shocked at the amount of folks walking around as if nothing is wrong.......just because you can doesn`t mean you should. Our Government is asking folks to go out as little as possible with family only, we saw a family of four try to go into the village store......they were stopped and told one only. Common sense seems to have gone out of the window.

Most are distancing if you pass on another though, which is good to see. There was an image today of how far a cough can really travel.....it was much further than thought, so all these folks are having false confidence in distances. I`m hibernating and so is my family.

Cooler today.......maybe no walk up in the remote woods this afternoon. tomorrow and Saturday have to be beautiful.....so, grilling filet steaks tomorrow and still get pizza delivery on Saturday.......Easter Sunday is a turkey our butcher managed to get us somehow.....that`ll do a few days and freeze some.

Lunch today is grilled cheese sandwich for Kyle, parma ham and toast for me (yes weird, but using up parma ham before dates run out and bread wants using up too) Tom is having toast with something or other.

Dinner is chicken tagine with spicy cous cous.

Have a great Thursday all...…..

Last edited:
Good morning. I forgot that my boss was taking the day off today, so it is just me and one therapist in the office today. I doubt that I will have enough work to keep me busy all day.

Well, we thought that we only had one rabbit, but last night we had 3 adults and the baby in our yard. We’ve never seen more than one at a time before. I managed to sneak close enough to get a picture of the baby bunny. It was well concealed in the grass.

Awww, cute bunny @Charade67!

Patiently waiting for my doc to phone me. Consults only by phone now unless you need an in person. He’s phoning to check up on how I’m doing on my new diabetic diet, having been recently diagnosed. It’s been a week. And I’ve lost 6 lb. I hope he’ll be happy. Lots to learn on what to eat or not to.
My daughters question is what am I going to do at WDW or Uni, lol. So many temptations!

Sue, glad that you are adjusting to your new diet. 6lbs, that is fantastic.

I'm assuming these are a hot pepper as the only kung pao I'm familiar with is the Asian dish. What kind of climate do these need to grow?

Yes, it is a hot pepper. I like it because they are not too hot to cook with. They are good to make spicy/hot vinegar with as well. We are in SE Virginia. I believe we are in zone 7B. Our frost date is around April 15th so we plant summer veg early.

Two years ago I planted some Carolina Reapers. Whoa, I knew they were extremely hot but they were not even edible. Evil looking things too. That bush sat there all summer slam full because I didn't want to risk getting the oil from the peppers on me.

We love homemade chili. I may make it tomorrow since it will be cooler. Kidney beans, canned tomatoes and chili powder are a staple in my pantry since it is an easy one pot dish on cold winter nights. A nice skillet of corn bread goes well with it but DH prefers saltines.

Cam It sounds like you have a nice garden and enjoy it. I tried once and just didn't do good. I feel bad for Charlie getting all his pepper plants ready to be planted then losing them. He is really into gardening so hope he can try again next year. How nice that your neighbor does the masks, it is a big help. I love stroganoff though I usally don't make it.

Yes, I do love my garden. I have had one every year except the summer I was expecting my son. I plant basics that are not hard to grow. That is sad about Charlie's plants. It is not too late for him to grow some at home. It is a fun and rewarding hobby, I hope he sticks with it. I am not much for growing from seed and transplanting. I have never had luck with that. I usually buy my pepper and tomato plants and plant seed directly in the ground for everything else.

I love home grown veg.....where we live the soil isn't the best, so we never really have anything that grows, but our gardener is trying a few things...….fruit trees however, flourish here.....

I'd love to have fruit trees. My neighbor has a huge fig tree that always has saplings. I say every year I am going to go dig one up but never do. Maybe this year....

I sat in the car while Tom loaded it up......and found a full pack of anti bac wipes in the glove compartment......no idea they were there....and still unopened.

Yay! Bonus win for you. It is almost as good as finding a balled up $20 in a coat from the previous winter :)

Not much going on today. Working in the office. Getting ready to run out for some Chick-Fil-A. Yum!

Sunny day today. I think another 80 degree day. The last one for a few days. It will dip back into the 50's and 60's the next day or so.

Ended up having thrown together meal at home last night. Maybe takeout tonight instead.

Yes, it is a hot pepper. I like it because they are not too hot to cook with. They are good to make spicy/hot vinegar with as well. We are in SE Virginia. I believe we are in zone 7B. Our frost date is around April 15th so we plant summer veg early.

Hmmm, I may need to look into planting some of these. Thank you!

Awww, cute bunny @Charade67!

Sue, glad that you are adjusting to your new diet. 6lbs, that is fantastic.

Two years ago I planted some Carolina Reapers. Whoa, I knew they were extremely hot but they were not even edible. Evil looking things too. That bush sat there all summer slam full because I didn't want to risk getting the oil from the peppers on me.

We love homemade chili. I may make it tomorrow since it will be cooler. Kidney beans, canned tomatoes and chili powder are a staple in my pantry since it is an easy one pot dish on cold winter nights. A nice skillet of corn bread goes well with it but DH prefers saltines.

Yes, I do love my garden. I have had one every year except the summer I was expecting my son. I plant basics that are not hard to grow. That is sad about Charlie's plants. It is not too late for him to grow some at home. It is a fun and rewarding hobby, I hope he sticks with it. I am not much for growing from seed and transplanting. I have never had luck with that. I usually buy my pepper and tomato plants and plant seed directly in the ground for everything else.

I'd love to have fruit trees. My neighbor has a huge fig tree that always has saplings. I say every year I am going to go dig one up but never do. Maybe this year....

Yay! Bonus win for you. It is almost as good as finding a balled up $20 in a coat from the previous winter :)

Not much going on today. Working in the office. Getting ready to run out for some Chick-Fil-A. Yum!

Sunny day today. I think another 80 degree day. The last one for a few days. It will dip back into the 50's and 60's the next day or so.

Ended up having thrown together meal at home last night. Maybe takeout tonight instead.

lol.....I have had the Carolina reaper.....once!! Friend......yes, he “claimed” to be a friend.......said I’d love them.......four of them!!

Wow!!!😱😭

Don‘t get me wrong, we liked them......but jeez.....I thought the basic old ghost chilli was hot.....Now, we do like extremely hot food.....but that was just painful.......I did use them up by making chilli oil......about 3 gallon of oil to one tiny speck of chilli......lol.......with rubber gloves and swim goggles on while I made it......oil was delicious........did give him a bottle for part of his Christmas gift......not sure he ever used it.......wimp!! 😉

I have a chilli plant......gives off lovely little birds eye chillis.....hot enough for every day use......

Yes, having fruit trees are lovely. We have a fair few, mainly plums and apples with a few pear trees. Plums and apples fair best.

Hope you enjoyed your Chicken........

Just back in from our clap for careers at 8pm tonight.......in the villages in the distance we could hear fireworks again, ships in the distance and car horns going. Nice.

Having a Dark and Stormy tonight......got loads of limes in our delivery today......nice rum cocktail evening ahead.......🍹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter