Something About Nothing............ #14

Think we’re the opposite of you today Lynne.......we are starting to warm up a little......tomorrow is to be 80F for us.....just for one day though, we won’t get spoiled that’s for sure.......

mac......yep. Tuesday again......although I did think it was Wednesday when I woke up........so confused!!!

We have heat and some very dark clouds outside........very weird. Not sure if the sun is coming out or will pour down with rain......and the sea is black as night. Odd day.

Decided to make some potato salad to go with the burgers tonight, two out of three of us will be happy.

And made some coconut ice cream......that’s the last of my coconut milk in the house.

Time for a cuppa.......

Schumi
Your memes are a hoot!

Thanks mac......wish I thought half of them up!

There are some classic ones, but won‘t post as you can guarantee someone will be offended.......they are a little risqué.....but so funny!!! I don‘t mind roodie doodie jokes.....I do have one or two friends who share the rudest jokes ever!

JIK anyone is keeping track...note that is a squirrel, we have some huge ones in the neighborhood
CD744307-E478-413C-98F6-1915EA323015.jpeg

Dinner today: Grilled Salmon for me & shrimps for the mr, atop a bed of Spicey spaghetti. Probably should dig thru freezer to find something green too. Seems like too much work, that sorta lazy daisy day.
3D87D867-7B1B-4603-BEE4-E67F62B6579B.jpeg

Planning on chalupas deal tonight.
...long as it’s not chupacabras, one would be bad enough:tiptoe:

JIK anyone is keeping track...note that is a squirrel, we have some huge ones in the neighborhood
View attachment 495632

Dinner today: Grilled Salmon for me & shrimps for the mr, atop a bed of Spicey spaghetti. Probably should dig thru freezer to find something green too. Seems like too much work, that sorta lazy daisy day.
View attachment 495633

...long as it’s not chupacabras, one would be bad enough:tiptoe:

Come visit the Keishashadow zoo :rotfl:........you could charge an entrance fee......

Will the raccoon eat the squirrel??? Dinner sorted!!!

Wouldn’t like to be at the other end when they’re coming out........that’s a big creature......👀😱

Maybe it’s a momma raccoon, Keisha. Babies around to feed? Eh, would not get close, no one needs rabies shots. We have quite a few around our neighborhood, but thankfully, no nesting in our yard. We do have a large township park less than a mile up the road, so I assume most of our raccoons come from there.

Sun, why hello. Even if clouds building as the day goes on.
Check ur fall rates for U

Mined dropped like a rock:bounce: able to add on a 4th night for less than my original 3 day res.

Happy Tuesday!! Hope everyone is well. Stayed busy in the yard this past weekend. We worked on our little pool and I tilled and replanted my garden for the 3rd time. Hopefully this time the seeds will germinate.

Off work today, so doing a little cleaning. Blah day. Cloudy,windy and chilly out. Should clear up by the weekend. DS's 14th bday is Sunday so I am trying to come up with a plan. Restaurants are open to outdoor dining so may consider that if the weather is nice otherwise we will probably order in pizza and he has requested a lemon cake so I will attempt to make that for him.

Dinner will probably be bbq chicken with potatoes and a veg of some sort.

Bobbie, so sorry about you cat.

Dreary, cold, rainy day today. A good day to be inside reading or watching a good movie.
Work was pretty uneventful today, so nothing much to post about.

Other than into drug store once, first visit into a store today since 3/13. Why did i pick WalMart? I’m still cringing
I think we have too many Walmarts in our area. My preferred Walmart isn't too bad, but I try to avoid the one near the university. It is always busy during the school year.

Went to get my haircut on Saturday. I was the first appointment of the day. All safeguards were in place at first. Little by little, stylists and customers masks were non existent and by the time I left, there was someone waiting in the lobby which is a nono. Probably wont be going back for a while or at least not there.
Yikes, I would avoid that place too. I really need a cut, but I think I will wait a little longer. A ponytail will be my frIend.

Seems Stormy Arthur will give us clouds and a frisky wind.
Similar story here. Windy, rainy, and a high of only 56.

You have your own little menagerie. So far I have only seen deer, rabbits, and squirrels in my yard.

DS's 14th bday is Sunday so I am trying to come up with a plan. Restaurants are open to outdoor dining so may consider that if the weather is nice otherwise we will probably order in pizza and he has requested a lemon cake so I will attempt to make that for him.
Happy early birthday to him. Lemon cake sounds delicious.

I'm just being lazy until dinner. we will either have breakfast for supper, or sausage with beans and rice. I'm going to try to talk my family into watching a classic movie tonight.

Thinking chicken and peppers. Maybe some baked taters too. Would put bbq sauce in, but will see what family has to say. Little one is not fond if I put it in while cooking the chicken. Hey, I could put some pineapple in with it, but that I know little one will not want that mixed in either. Ah, maybe I will pull some chicken out before adding those. She can add if she wants. But since we did not eat lunch until around 2 this afternoon, dinner will be later. By 6 most asking if dinner starting.

DS's 14th bday is Sunday so I am trying to come up with a plan. Restaurants are open to outdoor dining so may consider that if the weather is nice otherwise we will probably order in pizza and he has requested a lemon cake so I will attempt to make that for him.
That sounds nice. I have 2 family BD middle of next week. Need to think on that, probably party on the patio-immediate family. Stumped if truth be told how to proceed

Hello all!

Well, I was stupid and busted my cut finger open today. Ugh! It didn't bleed again, it just hurt a lot and opened up. Another butterfly closure and bandaid on.

One of my kids had to get a covid test today. Really just a formality, but it's still unsettling. She's only going into the office a few times per week and someone in the office tested positive. She was not directly around that person and they all wear masks. We're not expecting a positive result and she's not sick at all. She said if she comes back positive it won't be from her office, but from Walmart or Lowes!
Tally so far in my family:
Hubby, 1 covid test, 1 antibody test- negative
Me, 1 antibody test- negative
DD, 1 covid test- ?

That is unbelievable. We must be doing something right around here because I Haven't heard of any issues at any of our local nursing homes
I'm glad you don't have any issues with nursing homes. Our state put out the numbers today by county and nursing home/facility and I wasn't expecting so many cases. One nursing home in my county has 65 cases in residents, 19 deaths. It breaks my heart. So far so good with my family member who works in a nursing home and no reported cases or sickness. Praying it stays that way.

I actually had a positive insurance experience today. I found out that some of the claims on my huge problem (that I have been trying to resolve for at least a year) have finally been paid. I have 6 more open claims. Once those get paid my nightmare will be over.
Yay!! Glad to hear it.
Other than into drug store once, first visit into a store today since 3/13. Why did i pick WalMart? I’m still cringing
Ummm... yeah... Walmart may not have been the best choice! I still haven't set foot in ours. I did go to the small grocery store three times now.

Went to get my haircut on Saturday. I was the first appointment of the day. All safeguards were in place at first. Little by little, stylists and customers masks were non existent and by the time I left, there was someone waiting in the lobby which is a nono. Probably wont be going back for a while or at least not there.
That's crazy! I wouldn't go back any time soon either. Yikes!
Prayers that your family member stays virus free.
Thanks... so far, so good!
Decided to make some potato salad to go with the burgers tonight, two out of three of us will be happy.
Oh yum.. I love potato salad! I hardly make since I'm the only one who eats it here and if I make a whole bowl... I'll eat a whole bowl!
Will the raccoon eat the squirrel??? Dinner sorted!!!
Or, stuff the squirrel into the raccoon and make some sort of PA turducken dish. (says the PA native who knows people who eat both squirrel and raccoon) Didn't someone mention a weird sense of humor? I got that gene.

Edited: took out risqué pic.

Last edited:
Thanks Keisha, less than 80 dollars difference between rate I got over a year ago, but hey savings with AP rate is still a savings. Now off the cancel my old ressie. I hope the rate falls even more.

Had to be stressful, not like you could just get up and leave mid-stream.

It would not have been pretty, but maybe I would have started a new fashion trend 495710

I still haven't braved the larger stores yet

It's probably a wise thing. We are still set on meat for a bit (hubby went crazy when he was off work) so I just basically need fresh food etc. I hate shopping for clothes online so no new summer tops this year. Being short has its disadvantages.

Hope you`re doing ok...……

Thanks yes. Just keep focusing on the positives. Found out today there will be more changes. Cant stress over it. What will be will be.

Mined dropped like a rock:bounce: able to add on a 4th night for less than my original 3 day res

Ooh, hope they drop for December too. I want to expand our girl's trip another day or so.

I am cautiously optimistic that our trip in December will be with everything open.

Kfish would stop in late night around 2 am when she would ha e a baby
Her third one must be a good sleeper as she no longer is the night owl.

Yuppers. The three boys were pretty easy...Hope however, has had a regression for the past two months. Seems we are finally getting out of it. Now I am up late doing work.

So my horrible mother moment.....

Hope got a second degree burn on her ankle and the bottom of her foot yesterday. My flat iron had been turned on by my youngest son and I had no idea. Then she stepped on it. I felt horrible. But she is one tough nut. Today, you would never know she even was hurt. I wrapped her foot and got some cream prescribed by the doctor, but let me tell you, she hasn't slowed down at all. Kids are so much more resilient than us old folks...

Heading to PA this weekend to check out our place and possibly purchase a golf cart. I need to see different walls...I don't care if there are restrictions, I just need a change of scenery.

Have a great night all!

That sounds nice. I have 2 family BD middle of next week. Need to think on that, probably party on the patio-immediate family. Stumped if truth be told how to proceed

You`ll work something out.…..an outside party will work great.....

Hello all!

Well, I was stupid and busted my cut finger open today. Ugh! It didn't bleed again, it just hurt a lot and opened up. Another butterfly closure and bandaid on.

One of my kids had to get a covid test today. Really just a formality, but it's still unsettling. She's only going into the office a few times per week and someone in the office tested positive. She was not directly around that person and they all wear masks. We're not expecting a positive result and she's not sick at all. She said if she comes back positive it won't be from her office, but from Walmart or Lowes!
Tally so far in my family:
Hubby, 1 covid test, 1 antibody test- negative
Me, 1 antibody test- negative
DD, 1 covid test- ?

I'm glad you don't have any issues with nursing homes. Our state put out the numbers today by county and nursing home/facility and I wasn't expecting so many cases. One nursing home in my county has 65 cases in residents, 19 deaths. It breaks my heart. So far so good with my family member who works in a nursing home and no reported cases or sickness. Praying it stays that way.

Yay!! Glad to hear it.

Ummm... yeah... Walmart may not have been the best choice! I still haven't set foot in ours. I did go to the small grocery store three times now.
View attachment 495702

That's crazy! I wouldn't go back any time soon either. Yikes!

Thanks... so far, so good!

Oh yum.. I love potato salad! I hardly make since I'm the only one who eats it here and if I make a whole bowl... I'll eat a whole bowl!

Or, stuff the squirrel into the raccoon and make some sort of PA hillbilly turducken dish. (says the PA native who knows people who eat both squirrel and raccoon) Didn't someone mention a weird sense of humor? I got that gene.

View attachment 495704

View attachment 495703

How`d you get a picture of my rum cabinet...….:rotfl:

Ouchy on the finger, it really is hard to avoid using your finger day to day. And best wishes for your DD on her results......yes, even if a formality it`s still a worry.

Turducken actually turns my stomach...…..I remember the first time I saw one......not quite sure what it is about the dish as I like all the meats, just not together...….and the thought of vermin tucked together like that........🤢:rotfl: Yep, give me someone with a weird sense of humour any day…….

It would not have been pretty, but maybe I would have started a new fashion trend View attachment 495710

It's probably a wise thing. We are still set on meat for a bit (hubby went crazy when he was off work) so I just basically need fresh food etc. I hate shopping for clothes online so no new summer tops this year. Being short has its disadvantages.

Thanks yes. Just keep focusing on the positives. Found out today there will be more changes. Cant stress over it. What will be will be.

Ooh, hope they drop for December too. I want to expand our girl's trip another day or so.

I am cautiously optimistic that our trip in December will be with everything open.

lol.....always a worry the fire alarm goes off while we look like that...….

Yep, no point in worrying really.....what will be will be......it would just be nice to know for sure what`s happening. There has been some positive news around last few days which is nice to see for a change.

Yuppers. The three boys were pretty easy...Hope however, has had a regression for the past two months. Seems we are finally getting out of it. Now I am up late doing work.

So my horrible mother moment.....

Hope got a second degree burn on her ankle and the bottom of her foot yesterday. My flat iron had been turned on by my youngest son and I had no idea. Then she stepped on it. I felt horrible. But she is one tough nut. Today, you would never know she even was hurt. I wrapped her foot and got some cream prescribed by the doctor, but let me tell you, she hasn't slowed down at all. Kids are so much more resilient than us old folks...

Heading to PA this weekend to check out our place and possibly purchase a golf cart. I need to see different walls...I don't care if there are restrictions, I just need a change of scenery.

Have a great night all!

Oh bless her Kfish…….you were probably more upset than she was! Hope she has no pain from it going forward. And yes, kids are so resilient.......

Wednesday and the sun is shining.......and it`s already quite warm and not even 9am. Garden time today for sure......and will be barbecuing tonight.......

Steaks, bbq chops and spicy chicken sticks, maybe a shrimp or two in there too........already made the potato salad this morning, will make Kyle buttered potatoes in foil parcels he likes them. Throw a salad together and some bell peppers on the barbecue and we`re done. And the best part is, I sit back with a glass of wine and it`s all cooked for me......best part of a barbecue.

Some friends are starting to visit each other as per the one person rule from another household we have in the UK now.......one sat in another friends garden yesterday about 8 feet apart while they chatted. I can`t wait to get back together with friends properly.

cv1917-XL.jpg

cv1915-L.png

Happy Wednesday :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Oh no, hearing about Hope’s burns. Yeah my little one had many more doctor visits and two casts that older one never did. Kfish, I hope Hope heals fast. Accidents happen, and you are a great mom.

Ooh McK, hope another negative result for DD. Unsettling when where you have been, someone was also there having the virus. Sad about those nursing homes having so many with the virus and very sad so many died from it.

Vicki, woot! Like your hair picture. I have yet to try it. I am really hoping by the summer, my salon is open.

A bit of sun to greet the day, the the clouds come and a just around 60 is the high. But you can bet, a walk for lunch will certainly be done tomorrow. A full sunny day will be our Thursday, so not worrying about the clouds today, a Wednesday.

And yeah, I went to school in the West of our state, and poor area due to the closing of the steel manufacturers. So yeah, McK, I knew some would eat most of our wildlife. I am not fond of any game meat. My friend wanted me to have some of his deer chili, I was like not hungry, and don’t need it later. Nope.

With that, a happy thought,

7345EE09-AB9D-4B85-BA04-CE1F17689288.jpeg

Why yes it is! And so happy, as that means finish this hump of the day, and the weekend drawls closer and closer. yay!

With that tea for me on this cool feeling morning, and yes Schumi, it will be nice to visit friends and family and hug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter