Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah Charade, I did that kitchen stuff clear out too. I tend to only use some of all the stuff I thought I was going to use. Hence purged pots and pans and some mugs and glasses too. Some found the trash, the rest were given away. I need to redo my kitchen one if these days so less to move out will make that easier.

Just finished reading different sites of last nights hhn

Also watched the videos of inside the houses

Some did not wow me but adjustments and changes in the houses will be made I’m sure by the time I go later this month
The videos of US and GB houses did look great
Others just average and same old same old stuff from past years I have been

Another hot day in the 90’s here
Waiting until tonight to shop for shoes

I think we have quite a few homies going to Orlando next week and the week after
Most of you probably have started the mental packing of your suitcases

Have a relaxing day and a great weekend!

The great kitchen clean out is done. We got rid of a lot of stuff including a full set of stone wear dishes. We have another set of lightweight dishes we use all the time, so we just added a few new pieces to that. I also convinced dh to toss a bunch of theme park and other event plastic souvenir cups.

Dh has turned the TV on to a random college football game and promptly fallen asleep. :rolleyes2

Decided not to cook dinner tonight.
Told Mr Mac he has the choice of Jersey Mike or Subway for dinner...
If no traffic, its a 3 minute drive to one of those joints and a 4 minute drive to the other one.

Quick morning check in. I’m up earlier than I wanted to be. Going to get breakfast and then vacuum the living room.

We have a fun, exciting day of cleaning the kitchen. We are going to go through every drawer and cabinet. If we find things that we haven’t used since we moved here then they will either be donated on thrown away. I’m tired of having stuff I don’t use taking up space.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
I did this not long ago with one bank of draws, 2 more to go!

Good evening Sans family :wave:

It's Friday and the day is so far so good. I hope things are good with you too!

All is good here.

Good Morning Robo. Yep, will be another day off our countdown too. So glad you'll be at SF while I am there. First time for me, but since enjoyed dinner there, am looking forward to eating there again, and checking out the bar, Schumi so enjoys. And probably the pool, it looks so nice. Then you are back home, and I get to enjoy some more RPR time. Hope all is well with you.

We will have to visit the Strong Water for sure. The pool is nice at SF. I’am doing good. Looking forward to HHN.

Robo lol. I can just see husbands expression if he saw me dancing around suitcase while filling! He’d probably be getting the butterfly net out lol!

If it’s a joyful snoopy dance it’s ok.

556F77FF-0E46-413D-93AB-81471124F187.gif

Arrived last night after a fabulous flight......no delays, no detours up high......straight across the Atlantic where we even saw the edge of Dorian......impressive!

Great to hear the flight was smooth....wow that would have been something to see.

Going to St Augustine on Sunday that much we know.

Have a great time in St Augustine

12 sleeps till I leave for HHN.

C678A3B6-BF87-4CF8-AF09-D34E2D4A7FED.jpeg

B62D40AD-B72B-44AC-B673-ABBACD3CF3AF.gif

Ah, Saturday night. Deciding what to watch.

Did some errands today, and had dinner out with older one. Poor service ruined our meal, at a place we have always liked. Both of us decided, the food was as good as remembered, and oh so large portions, that if we do go back again, we will ask not to be seated in that server’s section. Usually, we have always had a great server. And enough leftovers brought home, will be another meal, and I could not resist taking dessert with me too, a huge piece of cheesecake. Rich food to be eaten tomorrow.

Sigh. Tired, and thankfully a quiet night, other than hearing older one chatting with his online friends. Have not bothered to see what they are playing.

Have a sound sleeping 💤 night to each and every homie.

And yay, for Robo’s countdown. Yes, will be very nice to meet up inside SF, before you leave.

Robo, but of course it will be a joyful dance!

Lynne, shame the service was poor. It does ruin the meal.

Brother-in-law came over for dinner. Sadly the weather is turning so ate inside. We’ve been eating outside on the patio since early August and it’s so pleasant. But, Sunday thru Tuesday it’s supposed to rain.
We did BBQ though. A pork tenderloin, Mr cooked it to perfection. Also roasted potatoes, corn on cob and salad. I’m stuffed.

Tomorrow is the church bbq ha. Guess it will be inside the hall instead of the backyard.

Monday will start laying everything out I want to pack. Will use basement family room so dogs can’t see! They don’t go downstairs. They know what it means when suitcases come out!

Haha, Sue that is funny with the dogs. Yep, I had a dog that would stomp up the stairs when he was mad. They know.

An overcast morning, with some rain for us too. No hanging out the loads of wash today. Yesterday’s ones dried nicely in the backyard.

A Good Morning and lovely Sunday to you all.

Quiet house, and no one else up, time for another cup of tea, and hope something good is on the screen.

Later, all, as will hope to pick up little one from the train station soon. Seems more Fall clothing is needed, some summer clothes returned, some shopping. and a need for a car, to go to a one time job later this afternoon. Will be nice to see her again.

Morning sleepy heads :wave2:

F1D6B237-9ACB-49DB-BC86-454F12537DB9.jpeg

27569CEF-B2EB-4BD6-8569-649128EFBEA6.jpeg

Up early as usual this morning. Did some baking and prep for lunch today. Son and family area coming over. Will grill some steaks. Was going to go to church, but will watch service online this morning.

Yep, Lynne a bad service experience at a restaurant that serves good food can ruin the meal experience for sure.

Later, all, as will hope to pick up little one from the train station soon. Seems more Fall clothing is needed, some summer clothes returned, some shopping. and a need for a car, to go to a one time job later this afternoon. Will be nice to see her again.

Morning Lynne :wave2:

Have a nice time with your daughter today.

Good morning SANS

Our weather has turned up here in the PNW, the chill in the air and the rain are pretty much screaming that summer has gone by the way side. We had actual thunderstorms last night which is a rarity for us, it made for some great pictures online.

I'm at work today, and my time will be passed making last minute Amazon purchases for the trip. We leave in one week, and that is the only thing that will get me through my long shifts today and tomorrow. I need sunblock, and we're bringing reusable metal straws and collapsible water bottles this go-round. I also could use a good travel pillow. Our touring plan for this short visit is incredibly ambitious, from the time we hit the gate in Orlando we will be rolling, its going to be kind of imperative that we can get at least a couple of solid hours of sleep on the ride down or we are going to crash hard after lunch on Monday. Excessive caffeine intake can only take you so far before your body just says NO, lol.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hey all :) hope all are well, especially those impacted by Dorian. So nice to not get the secondary rain here.

Trip lovely, learned I’m not a fan of red eye flights or the billing department at Great Wolf Lodge where a week later & I’m talked out with them. Going to put it in the CC company’s lap when bill comes in & let them have a go at it.

Middle DS had his scheduled eye surgery Wednesday, it’s going, slow. 3rd trip back to dr’s tomorrow but optimistic the new process will work out for him. propped him up & he was able to coach his semi pro football team to championship win. Raised his spirits nicely, sometimes that sort of thing is the best medicine IMO.

Just quick skim through the thread, hope all are well

Figure carole has had more than a few jump scares at HHN, can’t wait to hear all about event this year :). Who’s next? Monyk?

Many more here putting final touches on their planning For their fall trips. I’m found of tweaking things more than a bit a couple of weeks out in my quest for that perfect trip :). Know andy is of the same mind bent

Did see It, part 2 on Friday am (seemed so weird to go to movie then but only time that worked with my schedule, it was packed btw) absolutely loved it !!! Jump scares galore but lots of psychological stuff that is still crossing my mind, real mark of a good horror flick IMO. Although lynne’s Account of the scary landing is petrifying to read.

Another busy day, need to catch up on errands & grab some wings to fry for big game tonight rah-rah.

Is anyone surprised that the distraction known as Antonio brown will be getting ample air time on the sidelines of the New England/steelers game tonight? Oakland is 2nd team this year lucky to be rid of that crap show.

Good Morning,

We made it through the storm fine, in fact not much more than just a rainy day. Nothing like our neighbors to the south in Hatteras and Ocracoke. My mom did have the windshield of her car broken from what I guess was something falling from a tree. She has really tall pines and really solid heavy pine cones. We have a bit of clean up to do today, just small sticks and pine cones.

I didn't do much yesterday due to a sinus headache I've been dealing with all week but feel better today so I guess I will get stuff ready for the work week.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Quick drive by..........

It is hot!! We had 97F today in St Augustine.

Had lovely lunch and met up with a fellow Disser........we had tried to meet up before but it hadn’t worked out.......so today we had a lovely couple of hours with JaxDad.......

Time passed so quickly! We had a super time with a lovely guy......and will definitely meet up again next May if possible.

HHN tonight.........going to do some of the back houses and maybe try some of the food.......

Didn’t go to Big Fire after all last night.........after speaking to a few people who’s opinion we value, we don’t plan to go at all. Had a lovely meal at Vivo.......

Moving over to RPR tomorrow for remainder of trip.......

Hope everyone’s good........few folks coming out soon......... :wave2:

Sunday already!
And I started this post hours ago LOL. Interruptions and laundry...
Good weekend-grocery run yesterday - pork roast in crockpot for saturday dinner-pulled pork mmm. Used some of the leftovers to make a BBQ pork pizza today. Made a breakfast casserole this am-used a dozen eggs as the babies eggs are smaller still. So I am down to 2 1/2 dozen...my hen I was worried about is rapidly resuming her feistiness, still moving slower and not laying yet, but good to see her personality back. One of the interruptions earlier was the boy bringing in Charlotte and dumping her on me. She was comfortable so couldn't move much-watched end of a football game.
Why August trip for us, had to get the most of that AP.
ANd happy you did! So glad we got to meet up and meet you and your daughter!
It’s such a shame that your job keeps you from vacationing more...
Right??
Monykalyn yep sparkle concealment went well! We thought about doing the daylight chicken tour lol! But didn’t book.
Is @pattyw staying at HRH too?
I’ve yet to make it down to Portland! Something I keep wanting to do.
Yeah Patty is staying at her favorite HRH. Unfortunately her days shifted a bit again and we only overlap one evening. But hoping we can all meet for drink on 22nd!
he great kitchen clean out is done
Nice! I need to do that again.
I’am doing good. Looking forward to HHN.
The reports are getting me excited too!
ep, I had a dog that would stomp up the stairs when he was mad. They know.
That is so funny! our dog used to let out very loud and annoyed sighs when he wanted us to know he didn't agree with something, then plop himself on his bed with another loud "hmpf"
Middle DS had his scheduled eye surgery Wednesday, it’s going, slow. 3rd trip back to dr’s tomorrow but optimistic the new process will work out for him. propped him up & he was able to coach his semi pro football team to championship win. Raised his spirits nicely, sometimes that sort of thing is the best medicine IMO.
Oh hope the surgery is a success!! and congrats to him on the championship!!
We made it through the storm fine
Always good news!!
Didn’t go to Big Fire after all last night
Yeah-the price and mixed reviews don't have us too excited either. NBC Grille is requested from DD, Have gift card to Bubba Gumps, and I want to do Finnegans &/or Lombards again as well.

The memorial for our friend is the 21st-of course it is when I am gone. DH will go-however the fraternity reunion is next weekend, with the dinner the spouses are invited to as well. Been going over old college photos...found really old Disney tickets and park guides. And some old photos from Universal-circa 2004...

Keisha, hope boy's surgery is a success, and always good news, a win of championship, is good medicine.

Robo, yep, nice to look forward to our trip is a few weeks. Hope you are doing well, and enjoying a big mug of coffee this morning.

Tink, hope all is well, and you're not working too hard, and hope the dog has been well behaved now.

MonyK, yep, was nice to finally say hello to you and one of your daughter's too. Would be happy if our paths crossed again, but I think I miss you this month. Highly thinking of going earlier next year, particularly if the AP rates fall like they did this year. Thankfully, no change fees for SW, if I have to tweak a day or two, and hope no higher change in price.

Schumi, glad to hear a nice lunch, and moving over to RPR today. Hope at least I can say hello, just before you leave. Oh, and I am so looking forward to hot weather. See Orlando says high of 80 today, close to my weather, though ours will be mostly clouds and bits of sun.

434225 and yeah, Monday already. That felt like such a quick week-end. Did see little one for a few hours. She was happy work ended a little earlier, and I had DH take her back, I was tired, and not feeling like driving in the dark. Miss seeing her. And campus life was an easy fit for her.

With that, a hearty Good Morning to you all. Hello Monday, and all the homies. I so need tea. And ooh, the sun is now above the horizon. No golden sunrise though, only strands of yellow, across the horizon sky filled with clouds.

Good morning :coffee:

I've been trying to post for a few days here but the popups are preventing it....can barely read the thread and like a few posts without being constantly interrupted so just know that I'm thinking about you all and trying to read along.

Only 30 minutes before I check in with SW and find out our boarding position so it's getting real now :banana:
I still have most of my packing to do since I have been working and doing errands all week. It's been a long hot summer and I can't wait for this trip to start. Trey and I agreed that we will take it easy and relax more this time. So more pool time and just enjoying the hotel for us.

Sounds like HHN is off to a good start per Carole and all reports say Ghostbusters is a fun house which is nice for a change of pace.

Lynne...glad your little one is enjoying her time on campus and I know how hard it is to let her go out on her own. You really do miss seeing them every day.

Monyk...good to hear your ailing hen is getting better and hope you have a wonderful trip ...it's getting close for you too! Next year maybe we can meet up again since I plan to go later in September.

We have a heat advisory again today as it's supposed to reach the upper 90s...glad I'm not working.

Time to go check in so I'll just say hi to mac, Carole, Robo, keisha, Charade, Sue, cam, pumpkin, crostofer and anyone else I missed.

Have an awesome day :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter