Something About Nothing............ #14

Good news! So far a few people who work with my dd and were tested yesterday are getting negative results today. Happy about that! Only one so far is positive. It looks like the office also has a stomach bug-thing going around.

Watching Sorcerer's Stone with dd and Dh. DH made homemade salsa... super yum! Raspberry vodka with raspberry seltzer for me (is there a name for that?) and beer for DH.

Have a good night!

Yep....call it refreshing!!!! And deserved...…...I think the Philosophers Stone (as it`s called over here) is my favourite of all the films and the book too. Although I loved the third book, but was disappointed they changed the movie to be a lot darker.

Hope everyone avoids the tummy bug going around!!!

Yep, with that goose on ice that is just tasty.

What the heck, a neighbor decided it would be a good time to set off some loud fireworks. Still at it after the last ten minutes. Guess not going to bed now. They better knock it off soon.

Fireworks!!!! So inconsiderate. It`s bad enough here during Bonfire Night season....that gets longer every year, but where we are now it`s not so bad as where we used to live. It was all seeing who could outdo one another round there......never got involved with all of that. Hope it didn`t last too long and you got to sleep Lynne.......

agavegirl.....love the memes!!!! There are some hilarious ones on the net......some a little too risque for the boards!! Hope you and your husband are doing ok........

Beautiful Saturday but still so windy.......trees are swaying so hard that I guess it`s too windy to hang washing out.

Heading into village to pick up a parcel we missed delivered yesterday. We were only out an hour. Our regular postie usually leaves them somewhere, but this may have been a temp. Kyle heard the door, but was busy on a zoom call....so that`s our only job this morning.

Lunch is chicken noodle soup as requested by Kyle....made the chicken part yesterday so it`ll be gorgeous today. Dinner tonight is pizza take out.......no cooking!!!

Started watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix last night.....it`s kind of like a smaller scale GoT.......so far we`re enjoying it.

cv1937-L.jpg

cv1940-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday…..and the bacon is sizzling......🥓

This is Saturday
Correct?

lol.....I hope so.......

Bacon for breakfast and chicken noodle soup for lunch, yep, sounds like a Saturday........bacon has been enjoyed (some there for you mac) and soup will be simmering soon.......it’s almost midday here......I prefer lunch around 1pm, but my two like it just after midday......I’ll drag it out till just after 12.30 if I can.

Kyle gets up so early even on weekends, so he has breakfast around 7am, so by now he’s hungry.......

Hope you have a good day ahead mac........

Bacon? Ooh yes please. Early bird homie here. Woke up, looked at clock, eh the same time as my alarm goes off during the week days. Yeah, my head is conditioned to get up the same time every day. Difference is, those non work days, I do not move fast. And on a Saturday, like today, early up means that my third load of wash is currently swishing around in the washer. Soon enough it will replace the clothes in the dryer. Then that will be the wash for today. I finish up on Sunday. I always have enough towels and other to make it through a week, as when working, the idea of a late night wash time, generally is a no from me. Once in awhile we do wash mid week, but that is mostly because of the kids. Though now a days, they both do their own wash, and even DH if he wants something washed, he will do it too. I always start with the linens. When I get my shower later this morning, freshly washed towels. Yay!

2E336C20-F4FB-45D0-8A0E-DAEFCFD08EF3.jpeg
Ain’t that so! So homies,

217C858A-2A44-478D-BDED-1B3BC5A48203.jpeg

Hope all the homies have a fun day.

And hope Schumi got her package she missed. I maybe think it was the wine she ordered. Fun day I hope.

Eh, kids turned on the AC last night. I turned it off when I went down to the wash. Eh, been raining since I woke up, so a rainy Saturday for us. But with the rain, yes, you know, it is even warmer today than yesterday. Shorts and t shirts are this weekend’s attire. Though right now, I have a sweatshirt outfit on. House is almost too cool for me. But we all like it cooler inside when hot out, as kids are sound asleep. DH asked me if they get up before noon lately. I said not really, but sometimes they do. College kids on summer break. Yes.

And so funny posts from Agavegirl, thank you for some laughs this morning.

My new pizza stone is set to be delivered today! I have some dough ready to make into garlic knots later. I also bought jalapenos yesterday to make bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. So much for healthy eating this weekend.

Our governor announced yesterday that my county is going yellow on May 29th. Yikes! Not sure what that's going to look like.

MRose yum. Reuben is a fav! I was sad they took it off Disney Sci Fi restaurant Did the couple move back when you asked without a fuss?
Good to hear the people at daughters work are improving.
yay another Poutine like! We could have a party!
I'm going to make Reubens for lunch today too! I bought extra just so we can have it for two days in a row, we don't make them very often.

The couple did move back after I pointed out where the deli line started and the obvious signs explaining the procedure. The really just tried to ignore it at first.

I didn't have cheese curds until about 15 years ago when a friend moved here from Wisconsin. She tried to explain them to me and I could not get my head around "they squeek when you bite them" until I finally had one. Now I love poutine but I have to watch how they make the gravy.
They are expecting a second wave in the fall.
I've been keeping an eye on that too.
And deserved...…...I think the Philosophers Stone (as it`s called over here) is my favourite of all the films and the book too. Although I loved the third book, but was disappointed they changed the movie to be a lot darker.
The first movie is my favorite feel-good movie. I have gear up to watch the last two though.... too emotionally draining, lol! I felt the same about Azkaban, but I do like better now, since the whole series got darker.
Did someone post this before?
Set a plate for me
Save me a slice of bacon!!
Me too please! I'll be coming with Mac!

Plenty of bacon left here....not sure what to do with it.......

Morning Lynne........sounds a good way to spend a Saturday! I’ve never lost being that “early“ person.......Kyle takes after me too, usually he’s up around the same time as me, if not just before.....I think if you’re an early riser, you’ll always be that way......

And a good way to get everything done giving you the rest of the day to chill.

mrose........yes, the series did get darker as it went on......I much prefer the earlier more easy going movies.

Reubens sound good!!!

Yesterday when we were out we missed several parcels being delivered, including one for Kyle. So today had to go to our local delivery place for pick up as they were large.

I ordered new Le Creuset pans and several pieces of their ovenware.......and of course it arrived yesterday when we went out for an hour. But, the place was busy so we had to wait a bit then the boxes weighed a ton, so Tom had to go get the car and sit it outside the door to load it up. I couldn’t have carried the smaller of the boxes!!!

I had the burnt orange Le Creuset for many years and just got fed up with the colour......they never wear down or get past their best, I just fancied a change.....so ordered the grey ones....all matching. They look nice. Older stuff will go to local charity shop when it opens.

Not much else going on......Tom is hanging a picture up in the study.....one of Kyle’s astronomy pics he had blown up and framed.....it’s beautiful. Then Abbott and Costello will be put on.....

Still blowing a hoolie outside........

No blowing here, thunderstorm now.

Yeah, McK we move to yellow June 5. I really don’t see our routine changing much. The places we want to go, are still closed. Doctor, eye doctor and dentist visits are still required and hair salon, with haircuts for all, are still wanted. Hoping all doctor offices open soon, and while not really a necessity, we all need a haircut to look more us.

DDF85D7A-E881-430A-B0FB-3C9DDC583BE6.jpeg

Red wine is open and waiting to be poured in a little while.....haven’t decided what to watch yet......maybe The Conjuring but it’s not the same watching a scary movie with the sun blistering in the window.......
See above :)

My sangria is coming along nicely, time to add the diced apples
6F7A576D-D630-4DB0-93B8-C2D3E9D48335.jpeg

Busy day so far with a trip to the farm for more vegetable plants. I'm finally done buying all my veggies and herbs for summer.
My mr grew every plant from seeds this year, I was duly impressed :)
I bought corn at the store today too. The price of so many things is crazy. $25 and up for a small rack of baby backs! We've been buying from the butcher shop but I thought I would check the grocery store while we were there. I didn't buy them.
Bread & butter corn here 10/$2, mr reports it’s delicious

Nice you bought so much, McK. Yeah, food prices are higher everywhere. I did pick up the cheapest strawberries I saw advertised, they looked good, so will slice them up tonight. Screens on, as all are hunkered down this rainy Friday. Watching a mummy movie.
Prices still higher here for many things, especially meat but at least it’s in supply now. Last few weeks was glad my freezer was full
30! We have 30 bags. Dh is banned from bringing anymore home.
Sort junk into piles, stuff piles into bags, inform DH that after 2 weeks you are donating to charity. Sometimes you just gotta rip off the bandaid :)
I'm right there with you. Went to Knotts Scary Farm exactly one time. I will stay with Mardi Gras.
The one in Garden Grove area? We looooooved it! Over-the-top scary to point I actually thought the house maniacs would do us harm...naturally, I loved it lol. They do great hotel packages with special interactions, so reasonably priced too.
It looks like the office also has a stomach bug-thing going around.
seasonal allergy sufferer here, sneezed in grocery store. If looks could kill lol. Of course i was masked & used my arm crook but reactions were interesting

It’s concerning. Our border isn’t open yet, it was just extended to June 21. I don’t even know if after that it will open. So no idea if Aug wdw is happening. I’ll be watching to see the effect of Universal opening, and when wdw opens. I have time to decide what is best for us.
Is that for both flying & driving?
Our governor announced yesterday that my county is going yellow on May 29th. Yikes! Not sure what that's going to look like.
11E61862-FABE-428A-9341-F38CF0FDD014.jpeg
Not quite, but good as any excuse to pull out a Ghostbuster meme:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter