Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 496426

See above :)

My sangria is coming along nicely, time to add the diced apples
View attachment 496428

My mr grew every plant from seeds this year, I was duly impressed :)

Bread & butter corn here 10/$2, mr reports it’s delicious

Prices still higher here for many things, especially meat but at least it’s in supply now. Last few weeks was glad my freezer was full

Sort junk into piles, stuff piles into bags, inform DH that after 2 weeks you are donating to charity. Sometimes you just gotta rip off the bandaid :)

The one in Garden Grove area? We looooooved it! Over-the-top scary to point I actually thought the house maniacs would do us harm...naturally, I loved it lol. They do great hotel packages with special interactions, so reasonably priced too.

seasonal allergy sufferer here, sneezed in grocery store. If looks could kill lol. Of course i was masked & used my arm crook but reactions were interesting

Is that for both flying & driving?

View attachment 496431
Not quite, but good as any excuse to pull out a Ghostbuster meme:)

lol.......I almost used that cow meme this morning!!! Good to see it, it’s a corker.......

And anything Ghostbusters is always welcome!!!

On my way over for sangria......boy auto correct hates that word!!!

Lynne....I’d prefer a thunderstorm to this howling wind......it’s downright scary to be honest. Never seen the trees like this for a long time......

Yep, haircuts are needed here too.......but I do have the electric clipper/shaver thing to do Tom’s hair.......going to do that now before we make up a pitcher of something........Janet’s sangria has me tempted to make that.....but no fresh fruit.

So it’s either pink gin with lemonade and some frozen fruit, or rum mules as we have a load of limes in the fridge........but will do his hair first........think that might be a good idea!!

The one in Garden Grove area? We looooooved it! Over-the-top scary to point I actually thought the house maniacs would do us harm...naturally, I loved it lo

Yes! Loved Knots Berry Farm; Scary Farm not so much. I was spoiled growing up in So. California. There is nothing here in MS. Was a great place to raise my boys- Lots of woods and dirt and trees. It wont be too much longer until we move tho; that is if hubby and I can ever agree on where.

Made a healthy skillet breakfast while thinking of Schumi eating her bacon. Nothing exciting here today just the usual.

Wow, y'all have been busy since yesterday evening. I am loving all of the memes, especially Delores Umbridge and Bigfoot.

I am going to continue the great room clean up today. I am trying to sell a sofa and computer desk that we have in there right now. I'm trying to make room for a piece of exercise equipment. I hate gong to a gym, but think I could handle doing something active at home.

Unfortunately, dh knows exactly what he has stored in the spare room. It's mostly games and toys from his childhood. At least I've got it better organized so it's not taking over the room.

Good news! So far a few people who work with my dd and were tested yesterday are getting negative results today. Happy about that! Only one so far is positive. It looks like the office also has a stomach bug-thing going around.
Awesome news on the negative tests. Hope the stomach bug doesn't spread too much.

What the heck, a neighbor decided it would be a good time to set off some loud fireworks. Still at it after the last ten minutes. Guess not going to bed now. They better knock it off soon.
How annoying, Hope it didn't last too much longer.

Charade hope you found something fun to do today!
Well, I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but it is something that needs to be done.

Heading into village to pick up a parcel we missed delivered yesterday. We were only out an hour. Our regular postie usually leaves them somewhere, but this may have been a temp. Kyle heard the door, but was busy on a zoom call....so that`s our only job this morning.
I finally got a package today that I ordered on April 12. I won't order from that company again.

Eh, kids turned on the AC last night. I turned it off when I went down to the wash.
I keep going back and forth between AC and heat. I really wish the temps would stabalize.

I didn't have cheese curds until about 15 years ago when a friend moved here from Wisconsin. She tried to explain them to me and I could not get my head around "they squeek when you bite them" until I finally had one. Now I love poutine but I have to watch how they make the gravy.
I have had cheese curds only once. Years ago, when I was working in Florida, I had a coworker who was from Wisconsin. He had his family send some to him and then shared with some of us at work. I have never had poutine though.

Waiting for B to wake upo so we can get some lunch. I kind of miss the days when I could sleep until noon.

Vicki.....healthy skillet does sound nice!!! If it has bacon in it....all good!!!

Charade.....that is a long time to wait for any parcel!!! Hope it`s worth waiting for!

Well, we decided to go for Rum Mules as we have a load of fresh limes in the fridge......

rum2-XL.jpg

rum1-X2.jpg

Watched Abbott and Costello, Hold that Ghost......not as funny as Bob Hope in The Ghost Breakers, but passed a very wild and breezy afternoon.

A rum mule went down nicely as we watched.

And my husband is sporting a very short haircut now......looks good even if I say so myself. Wish he could do mine as easy.

May watch one of the classic monster A&C movies later......not much else on.

Pizza later......I`m hungry already.....should have made a little plate of snacks.

Wind doesn`t look to be dying down yet........

Well one kid up, one not.

Charade, yeah they stopped by 11 last night. I doubt it was for any holiday reason. More like, it was a Friday night, and the rain had stopped for a few hours late in the evening. Long ago, when I was little, fireworks were sold everywhere, then it was illegal to sell for awhile, then a few years ago, can find them everywhere, so access is easy now, and the time of year, people start buying them. Would not be surprised if I hear some tonight too.

Late lunch of hibachi chicken. Now I’m too full to do anything productive.
This morning I did a quick shopping trip and on the way home I spotted a donut food truck. I have been wanting to give them a try, but usually when Insee them it is at an inconvenient time. Today I stopped and got a few donuts. Haven’t tried them yet.
In a little while I will go back and work on the spare room.

3789C9A2-7764-4A8E-90C9-1089430C792F.gif
Say it, Saturday Night dancing, yeah!

But really, this is me:
5D5CEF3F-12DE-465A-83B7-63D1D8C6F026.jpeg

And since Robo has been not around lately, a Halloween funny:

91C358AE-467F-494E-AF8E-B3FA7F364C7D.jpeg

Hehe. Off to make another slushy. Perfect for a night with the covers around. Was a wet and balmy day. At least they are saying will be less wet tomorrow. I hope so. Plants are well watered today. My favorite time of year, all is greens.

Got started on some landscaping projects today, really enjoying my giant blt from Jersey Mike’s as I type this, gonna get out some cinnamon whiskey here pretty soon, had to stop by and say what’s up to the homies though!

Last edited:
Ugh! We seem to have a water leak in the house. Possibly the HVAC or water heater. We have put in a call to a plumber. 💲💲💲💲

Oh never fun, I used to have 3 rental properties, I just love that USED to part nowadays, last year had to have work done on our ac unit and our house is only 7 years old now, they don’t make stuff like they used to.

Last edited:
I had a rental property once. Didn’t plan on it, but we had to move right as the bottom fell out of the housing market and we couldn’t sell. Our first tenant had a live in boyfriend (who we were not aware of) who was busted for drug trafficking at our house. She was a corrections officer for the state of NC. Fun times.

I had a rental property once. Didn’t plan on it, but we had to move right as the bottom fell out of the housing market and we couldn’t sell. Our first tenant had a live in boyfriend (who we were not aware of) who was busted for drug trafficking at our house. She was a corrections officer for the state of NC. Fun times.

Best tenants we had believe it or not was a couple of college girls, always paid on time and kept the house in very good shape, had a druggy couple (we did background checks and nothing came up) that actually sold all of our appliances in our house so they could get more supplies for themselves......it’s a very interesting business......:rotfl2:

It gets better. Our second set of renters seemed to be good. They paid rent on time and we had no problems until they moved out. We got a call from the guy who owned the unit next to ours (townhouses). He said that his tenant was complaining about bugs coming into their house from ours. We had to call pest control twice to get the problem solved. The name of our former tenants was Roach. I am not making this up.

Best tenants we had believe it or not was a couple of college girls, always paid on time and kept the house in very good shape, had a druggy couple (we did background checks and nothing came up) that actually sold all of our appliances in our house so they could get more supplies for themselves......it’s a very interesting business......:rotfl2:
A business I never want to be in again. My first tenant just stopped paying rent after 6 months. I’m not sure why I decided to do it, but I googled my address one day and found a police report. That’s how I found out about the drug bust. The man was not on the lease. It was supposed to be just the woman and her 3 children. They left the house in a mess, and had a dog (not allowed) that chewed siding off the back of the house.
Here is a link to the story. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...drug-trafficking-charges/2796776/?version=amp

BD cookout went well, except for the chill in the pool. One of my adult sons Had an annoying attitude, I was a hair away from showing him the door. Let’s just say the sangria went down well after he left lol

Carole i cheated on the fruit, last week bought a few baskets of strawberries on sale & flash froze them :). Usually have lemons & apples floating about. Somebody ate the last two oranges before I repurposed them though.

Charade - ugh, what a rotten surprise for you. Gasped at the amount of the bond set in that case, especially if it was a straight/cash bond.

Having the copper pipes stripped out is quite common here, less so is those clean cut types that are discovered cooking meth.

you’d think the neighbors would speak up, but apparantly most are so self involved & rarely home during the day...well, before the CV. Going to guess that home robberies have declined since this mess all started.

BD cookout went well, except for the chill in the pool. One of my adult sons Had an annoying attitude, I was a hair away from showing him the door. Let’s just say the sangria went down well after he left lol

Carole i cheated on the fruit, last week bought a few baskets of strawberries on sale & flash froze them :). Usually have lemons & apples floating about. Somebody ate the last two oranges before I repurposed them though.

Having the copper pipes stripped out is quite common here, less so is those clean cut types that are discovered cooking meth.

you’d think the neighbors would speak up, but apparantly most are so self involved & rarely home during the day...well, before the CV. Going to guess that home robberies have declined since this mess all started.

Yeah the neighbors don’t get involved until the cops have guns drawn on them in the middle of the street and text and say, hey I think something is going down at your house..........and I’m like really you think so???

:teacher:.........:crazy:

It was actually a bit embarrassing because these people check out ok, they have money for deposits, then they turn into lowlifes in a good area........

Charade - ugh, what a rotten surprise for you. Gasped at the amount of the bond set in that case, especially if it was a straight/cash bond.
If I remember correctly the bond was significantly reduced and he was able to get released. I don’t know what ever happened to him or the woman. We served her with an eviction notice and she moved out before we had to follow through.
After cleaning up from the second set of tenants we decided to sell the house at a significant loss just to be rid of the place. I don’t think the neighborhood has ever bounced back.

So it looks like we are in need of a new water heater. I suppose it could be worse. The plumber also checked our meter and said that it is leaking too. Guess we need to call the water company on Tuesday.

Yeah, never want to be a landlord after stories from a friend couple that finally sold all their places they rented out.

Oh Charade, hope no costly fix. We replaced the water heater when we replaced the heater. Not a cheap winter last year. Hope water company comes out tomorrow

Glad BD dinner was good, Keisha, Happy Birthday to him. Yeah, my adult kids get attitudes too, I’d be showing them the door if they did not leave. The strawberries I got cheap were sweeter than I was expecting. Score. Nice this time of year to get fresh fruit at good prices, and tasting good.

Fading fast, so will leave 💡on for all the homies, so no tripping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!