Something About Nothing............ #14

Lol
Looks like I am totally behind on tv shows!

I always channel surf to find something to watch and never saw any advertisement for the new Perry Mason show.

Late lunch here after gymnastics, holding out as long as I can to heat up the kitchen...shrimp scampi, noodles & the pickle-flavored chicken nuggets for kiddo. I keep trying them thinking I may enjoy them, nope lol
In winter I wear Uggs practically all the time
Love ‘em, but the ugg basic booties have absolutely no foot or arch support. My feet cry for days when I insist on wearing them to look ‘cute’ & enjoy the sheepie soft & warm liner with an outfit

There’s no crying in fashion :)

The custom inserts foot dr made this go around are heavenly. First pair i’ve Stuck with in athletic shoes. Can stuff into many dress ones too.

They give patients a hand out a list as to do’s & don’ts re footwear. Surprisingly, they give green light to crocs for light wear as they will mold to your foot ala an inner sole.

Mr Mac is a raspberry fan
Me.... it’s not my thing
Dairy Queen has a great raspberry, chocolate blizzard :)

Those raspberry seeds are so offputting in the fresh fruit

I lasted ten minutes in the heat
Hot and humid here.
Maybe later tonight once sun goes down? Well, only if screened in, otherwise the mosquitos might carry you away.

Do you ever take the kitty out?
Currently watching the new Perry Mason series - perhaps not new to you guys?
It is an acquired taste IMO. Absolutely NOT akin to the old series that I adore & admit to watching in repeats, often.

Bit of a dark and unusual story but we’ve decided to stick with it!

I’m thinking mac would love it. Dark but thankfully, some irreverent moments of humor too to help break up the tension.

we are backed up 3 episodes due to GD being about, def not for kids. I’m enjoying it, fun to watch them reveal the characters in it.

Avoiding spoilers here...

was a really slow slog for the mr. But he humored me & hung in there.

Really thot he was going to tap out after seeing the little boy in the first episodeo_O

So far behind again! Missed some birthdays so belated :bday: to all!!
Sounds like lots of you have been busy!
sounds like a lovely getaway :)

Mental health is just as important and being able to recharge will keep physical health up too.
I think you are right. Unless the community has gone through "curve" doesn't matter if you live in a cave you will still have "spikes" when people get out. period. Our "spikes" currently are still in nursing homes unfortunately. You can be as careful as you can possibly be but those who are super susceptible will get it sooner or later. I've got one NH that >80% of residents test positive, along with most of the staff. I really hope they think about easing some visitor restrictions on those recovered now.
Me too.

have tomatoes everywhere! Dog eats green ones he can reach. Made a fresh tomato sauce a few nights ago to toss with some gnocchi and leftover turkey burgers-the burgers were a a spanish style with olives, roasted red pepper, and bunch of other stuff but the recipe didn't call for a binder-and I realized it after I attempted to fry up the first 3-so those crumbled burgers went into the dish.
Ugh so sorry!! But Book the next cruise! Broke down and booked the Mexican Riviera one I've wanted to take-for 2022. Only 530+ days to go LOL! Allstate rewards has been offering offering CArnival, Royal, Princess gift cards for more than their usual 10% off (12-14%) since they started cancelling cruises this year. Knowing we will eventually get back to it I've been buying slowly the past few months.
That would have made me raid the fridge for ice cream lol
Or Exploding Kittens!

How very cool!!
Oh hope he is OK!! vaping is far from harmless, hope this gives him an incentive to quit and he heals quickly.
Dh finished paining the living area upstairs Friday am. Finally decided on a color WEdnesday.
Middle kid's graduation ceremony Friday. Went well. they were allowed to take mask off for quick picture (alone) holding their diploma case. Looking around the arena most were compliant with masks requirement but a few were obviously daring anyone to challenge them on not wearing it. Soooo wanted to say something but refrained. But I really wanted to point out what poor role models they are for defying the RULE and how dumb it made them look.
Out to dinner after with inlaws (DH's side both sets). My parents decided it was best to stay home-they watched ceremony on live stream. Restaurant had us room by ourselves.
Yesterday was small family and friends party for the girls (both graduates). Weather has been fairly decent so mostly outside-and was definitely outside with those who preferred it. DH's mentor from college and her husband came. She is the one who made our cloth masks for us. She ended up dean at the college. Her husband also taught there-turns out he is a rocket scientist-never met him before-and worked on the Mercury project, knew John Glenn. Middle kid talked with him for a while as that is her interest! May take a trip to Canaveral and look for the Mercury monument-has his name on it along with all the project members.
This am out to brunch with the in laws (and rounds of mimosas)-our favorite place has been able to greatly expand outdoor seating-was fabulous. But after we said goodbye to inlaws who were traveling home we came back and crashed for several hours.

Next week DH and middle leave to drive her car to Florida - I fly down a couple days later, although may go with them instead if there is room in car. Son and oldest are no longer coming with so spent day redoing flights home. Flight credits from both me and DH we forgot we had. Had to call to get it sorted. Will use one of DH's credits for his flight home from Seattle after we drive oldest out (already have my flight-jumped on cheap fares a while ago!). Oldest still has the pnuemothorax, got evaluated by the cardiothoracic surgeon, slowly improving at last check so next xray is the 17th. She had two xrays that showed it getting bigger so we were worried she was going to end up with a chest tube.
And Mother in law invited us to come spend a week with them at their resort in Puerto Vallarta in January. They go for 4 weeks. Thinking we may do it-and jump on cheap fares while flexible changes are still available. We've not been able to go before-but son is starting this fall with 2 day in person, 3 day virtual. and I highly doubt we will start the year in January full in person, and even if they do should be able to do some distance learning.

I think I am done for today. Sleep tight all!!:flower1::flower1:
Thanks @Monykalyn - he is having a wonderful time and is sending us lots of videos.
jump00
Brenda

@keishashadow yes the first one was a shocker!

My therapist recommended Crocs for me and I liked them - wore them a few summers - but here they are definitely not something anyone I know would wear anymore. Not sure why they became a thing of humour but they sure did!

We’ve just been out to see if we could spot the Perseid shower in the skies but I think we’re a little early - so I will try again in the early hours if it stays clear. What we could see was huge flashes of light many many miles away towards the hills so the lightning is definitely getting closer - no sound of thunder though.

but here they are definitely not something anyone I know would wear anymore. Not sure why they became a thing of humour but they sure did!

Uh-oh, bringing up Crocs is akin to the song in roger rabbit, I cannot resist

Carole will probably chime in here...
There are Crocs, & then there are ‘dressy crocs’ :banana:. No, that is not an oxymoron lol

I wear a couple different styles of the sandals ranging from flat ‘cleos’ up to the wedge ‘patricia’ You’d be hard-pressed to know they were crocs at first glance. IMO they are dressier than flip flops, certainly offer a ton more of support. Best difference, you don’t get that annoying ‘clack-clack’ sound when wearing them.

If you check out their web site, you will see they now have many other varieties as to slip on shoes (cloth types) ala a loafer & various sketcher types.

The original ones are now considered ‘retro cool’. can’t remember which fashion designer had all his house models wearing them last season. Was a real hoot to see that.

I get blisters wearing original style in the parks. Just not a fan of how my foot slides around in them but they make great garden & house shoes

I’m done waxing poetic, I promise :)

Nope, not a croc wearer either. They are too wide for me. I hate the feeling of them too. Crappy pair of flip flops, yep. I know, bad for your feet, but I live in them in the summertime. Little one is trying to get me to give up my kid’s size Disney ones I bought in Disney more than a few years ago. I did buy another pair that are fancy, but have not taken the tags off them yet. Guess I will one of these days.

After a very late lunch, no one asking for dinner yet. Maybe I will cut up the steak and add peppers with rice. Thought, anyway. Will see what all want.

have a most refreshing sleep Real.

Mr Mac is a raspberry fan
Me.... it’s not my thing

Got tired of sitting inside the house with the ac so came to the back screened in patio which only has a ceiling fan.

I lasted ten minutes in the heat
Hot and humid here.

Tom loves raspberries.....I don`t. Except Absolut raspberry vodka.....lush!!!

You definitely win the longest hot and humid award mac.......I know other areas are warm too this year in America....but GA and FLA certainly take the biscuit.......

Since everything or place we go to has ac, I can deal with the heat

when I lived in Chicago and a northern suburb, the cold was miserable.
Snow, ice and minus zero degrees I never got used to.

Perry Mason?
the tv show of 1957 to 66???

I watched some of it years ago but it bored me.

Are reruns of that show back on?
Or has it been changed as a new show in the present time period?

And yes, Chicago would win for cold!!! I know you don`t miss that a bit!!!

Late lunch here after gymnastics, holding out as long as I can to heat up the kitchen...shrimp scampi, noodles & the pickle-flavored chicken nuggets for kiddo. I keep trying them thinking I may enjoy them, nope lol

Love ‘em, but the ugg basic booties have absolutely no foot or arch support. My feet cry for days when I insist on wearing them to look ‘cute’ & enjoy the sheepie soft & warm liner with an outfit

There’s no crying in fashion :)

The custom inserts foot dr made this go around are heavenly. First pair i’ve Stuck with in athletic shoes. Can stuff into many dress ones too.

They give patients a hand out a list as to do’s & don’ts re footwear. Surprisingly, they give green light to crocs for light wear as they will mold to your foot ala an inner sole.

Dairy Queen has a great raspberry, chocolate blizzard :)

Those raspberry seeds are so offputting in the fresh fruit

Maybe later tonight once sun goes down? Well, only if screened in, otherwise the mosquitos might carry you away.

Do you ever take the kitty out?

It is an acquired taste IMO. Absolutely NOT akin to the old series that I adore & admit to watching in repeats, often.

I’m thinking mac would love it. Dark but thankfully, some irreverent moments of humor too to help break up the tension.

we are backed up 3 episodes due to GD being about, def not for kids. I’m enjoying it, fun to watch them reveal the characters in it.

Avoiding spoilers here...

was a really slow slog for the mr. But he humored me & hung in there.

Really thot he was going to tap out after seeing the little boy in the first episodeo_O

Pickle flavour nuggets......can`t quite imagine those.....lol......

My friend who was a Bio Mechanical expert would beat me with a stick if I ever considered a pair of uggs. Horrible things and yes, no support whatsoever.....

I wear custom orthotics in everything except crocs which yes, are considered excellent support. Won`t hear a word said against them.....I know so many who wear them and love them.....stuff folks if they think they are ugly...who cares what anyone else thinks!

I remember you mentioning the new Perry Mason to me....will have to give it a try....will let you know what we think........will see if Tom perseveres as long as your mister! Although it`s usually me that has the short span on new tv shows.....after 30 seconds I`m like....nope not for me ::yes::

Uh-oh, bringing up Crocs is akin to the song in roger rabbit, I cannot resist

Carole will probably chime in here...
There are Crocs, & then there are ‘dressy crocs’ :banana:. No, that is not an oxymoron lol

I wear a couple different styles of the sandals ranging from flat ‘cleos’ up to the wedge ‘patricia’ You’d be hard-pressed to know they were crocs at first glance. IMO they are dressier than flip flops, certainly offer a ton more of support. Best difference, you don’t get that annoying ‘clack-clack’ sound when wearing them.

If you check out their web site, you will see they now have many other varieties as to slip on shoes (cloth types) ala a loafer & various sketcher types.

The original ones are now considered ‘retro cool’. can’t remember which fashion designer had all his house models wearing them last season. Was a real hoot to see that.

I get blisters wearing original style in the parks. Just not a fan of how my foot slides around in them but they make great garden & house shoes

I’m done waxing poetic, I promise :)

You can wax poetic all might about our beloved crocs!!!

We love our dressy crocs don`t we Janet.......lol....we are so fancy pants :rotfl:Yes, the Patricia ones are so fancy.....I still laugh we both called them the same thing.......never wear flip flops.....but the crocs have support which all flip flops don`t.

Nope, not a croc wearer either. They are too wide for me. I hate the feeling of them too. Crappy pair of flip flops, yep. I know, bad for your feet, but I live in them in the summertime. Little one is trying to get me to give up my kid’s size Disney ones I bought in Disney more than a few years ago. I did buy another pair that are fancy, but have not taken the tags off them yet. Guess I will one of these days.

After a very late lunch, no one asking for dinner yet. Maybe I will cut up the steak and add peppers with rice. Thought, anyway. Will see what all want.

have a most refreshing sleep Real.

Last few years the croc patricia style and similar have narrowed dramatically. Those ones aren`t wide now at all. Even the company admitted they have narrowed. Probably a cheaper supplier.

You`re lucky you can wear flip flops with no side effects....they are terrible for long term use.....podiatrists hate them.

Been a busy day today.......or I should say yesterday as it is Wednesday here now......

Glorious weather here and enjoyed the garden and grilling out for lunch and dinner.......and still hot and humid, lightning forecast is now Friday....it`ll never happen. More sunshine forecast tomorrow......no plans to go anywhere except maybe a walk on the beach in the morning before it gets too warm.....

Been watching the original Fog movie tonight....such a classic. Very early appearance of Jamie Lee Curtis......We have similar here rolling in from the sea at times.......sometimes it hangs around, others it comes and goes in short period of time......love a bit of fog long as we don`t have to drive in it......not fun.

Not going with my friend to pick up her new puppy today....her name is Poppy.....she has changed her mind on the name a few times, but she went down last week and Poppy it is now. Look forward to some cuddles with her this weekend.....she is a beautiful little thing........nope, not getting one.......

Almost 1am......won`t be so bright at 6am in a few hours......😴

Hugest UK thunder and lightning storm I’ve ever seen! Amazing. I could watch it all night but think it’s passing slowly.

Definitely cannot wear flip flops - would love too and often receive beautiful ones off DIL which I just wear around a pool.

Sad I cannot walk in a heel at all - bought my last ones for a wedding and spent most of the day barefoot so never again.

Seems the storm has passed so back to the radio...

Schumi
Is this your way of saying you are not fixing us bacon in the morning?

You know I always have bacon for my favourite ladies........:thumbsup2

I just said to Tom......we need to bring out some bacon for the morning....will set an extra place for you.......🥓🥞🥐☕😁

Time for bed now........so hot though......not quite Georgia hot.....but hot for us.....love it really!!

looks like this Scotland trip will go ahead (fingers crossed) my mum is 85 and although she is in excellent health, I`m still very aware of not having seen her for such a long time......looking forward to seeing family up there.....

How wonderful! I cant imagine going as long as you have without seeing my mom. So happy for you.

Bet you all came for the bacon breakfast.

Dang, there is another thing work got in the way of.

My therapist recommended Crocs for me and I liked them

Good to know. I had a pair of croc flips flops that I wore everywhere. Could wear them all day at the park and my feet were none the worse. They finally broke this past spring. Bought a new pair but they are not the same.

xcept Absolut raspberry vodka.....lush!!!

Never tried raspberry vodka, but love anything with raspberry chambord in it.

Did a bit of traveling this past weekend. Father in law was in town, which meant I needed to find somewhere to go. Mom, my sister and I drove down to the outskirts of Dallas for an In N Out lunch. Yeah we are just a little nuts to drive 5 hours for a burger. But it was a great excuse to get away and it was awesome.

Our plans for September are still technically on, but after Southwest's latest change we are not feeling all bright and shiny about it. Might just wait and hope that things get magically better for December.

A good night to Schumi too.

Very warm night, and all are chilling. Ack, you know it’s warm, the AC just went on again.

Yeah, I know flip flops aren’t the best, but yeah I have never had any issues with them. My days of high heels though, and very numbered. I even wear flats at work, as I have to walk from about to, to over a mile inside my workplace to get to other buildings.

Snow, nice to get away for a little food trip. Oh I hear ya, with SW. My direct morning flight was no more, and only direct is night. So I am getting in late, a wasting a day. And had an evening direct back, latest direct is mid afternoon. So leaving earlier than I wanted. But, after thought, I am keeping what they changed to. Any other change, would have me stopping once, doubling the time traveling, or book a different day. But since I already put in time off, and have all booked, and I would cost more in hotel night and car for another day, so yeah, it just stinks. On a positive note though, I caught huge discount flights after I booked, and thus had travel funds. With email sent today, I quickly took advantage of their offer to make my travel funds into points for free. And so, I have much more points now, that don’t expire, and if I use, and price reduces, I get the points back. Thank goodness, as otherwise I would loose that money if I did not travel by the first time I booked in the late Spring.

Oh and a big YAY for Schumi saying Scotland trip is on. Will be so nice to see your mum and all the family and friends back there. And enjoyed seeing some Scottish pictures in your, Hoping to be going trip report. I hope you do get to travel around the holidays, as I think I remembered Kyle will be joining you, if you do go.

Lights on here, but will have my lights out before the light left on here.

Most restful and peaceful night, homies.

Last edited:
Good evening. Today went better than expected. I had to own up to a huge mistake I made at work. I must have been more worried about it than I realized. Last night I dreamed I was looking for another job.

This afternoon I went to pick Bethany up from her theater group. This parking space always amuses me.
517719\\
I'm not sure where visitors of other nationalities are supposed to park.

Hope today goes better for you, it`s never fun having to deal with issues that you know will be difficult.....
Thanks. I had to own up to a big mistake that I made. Thankfully the boss took it well.

No ice cream in your freezer......:scared1:
We rarely have ice cream at home. I've become rather fond of the store near my office.

Another night of not sleeping well.....between the heat and weird, very weird dreams I was restless......
I can totally relate. Not the heat so much, but definitely the weird dreams.

I wandered down a walk to beyond the fruit trees earlier this morning, and you know the flower that seemed to sprout from nowhere.......it really is right at the boundary of our property and not a place we have anything planted as it`s so far down, almost just wasteland......so seems very strange to have roses growing......yep, we now have two roses on a rose bush stem that wasn`t there a few years back and different colours at that!
So cool. Maybe you will get a whole rose bush.

I figure there’s a whole generation of kids out there who haven’t a clue how to tie a shoe Lol
You are probably right. I had a time teaching B how to tie her shoe. She's a lefty.

I have no idea what happened to the rest of that quote, but I am too tired to go back and fix it. Mac was commenting on the heat. I think it will get a little cooler here this week, but will also rain.

Eh, most likely, could take it or leave it. Though I do like tarts.
A raspberry tart sounds wonderful. Especially with a little chocolate drizzled over it.

when I lived in Chicago and a northern suburb, the cold was miserable.
Snow, ice and minus zero degrees I never got used to.
Dh did his undergraduate at Northwestern. He loved the school, but does not miss the Chicago winters.

the pickle-flavored chicken nuggets for kiddo.
That sounds...um...interesting.

We’ve just been out to see if we could spot the Perseid shower in the skies
I completely forgot about that.

Nope, not a croc wearer either. They are too wide for me.
Do you have narrow feet? Mine are wide, but I was never a fan of Crocs. Not a fan of flip flops either. I can't stand having that piece in between my toes. My favorite shoes right now are the Skechers Go Walk slip ons.

It's a little early, but I will leave a light on.

You out did yourself with tonight’s porch light!

I had 3 left handed boys
What are the odds of that ...

Did have one righty though.

We call B our recessive gene child. Dh and I both have brown hair, brown eyes, and are right handed. B has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is a lefty.

Watching the local news and another hot day tomorrow
Heat index today was 102 with temp at 95

For those that are wanting warmer weather, I would love to send you mine.

I’m really okay with hot temps if they stay around 90
I don’t mind getting out to to errands then

Wow ....,what am I saying .......temps could be 80
And I would stay inside still
Due to the virus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter