Something About Nothing............ #14

Thanks Lynne. Hope your family birthday celebrations go well.

Yes Keisha very strict here now in documentation about everything to be taken/left - they asked if we would leave all kitchen appliances which was good - and as they are gutting the house I offered freestanding wardrobes while they get sorted and they were thrilled. My brother suggested last week we leave some gardening items/ladders in the garage and I had to explain no - we have to remove everything not mentioned on the documentation. Prior to viewings we did split some of Mum’s peonies and removed some roses that were planted for each of the grandchildren. Kev has kept everything neat and tidy around the lawns and beds and I treated the driveway for weeds last week so I hope they will find it nice and clean and tidy in moving day - does seem to be taking an unusually long time but apparently the delay is with their buyers so we are just being patient (well trying to be!).

Hope you enjoy time with your DS.

Oh Rock, hope you are feeling better soon. At least you ate some food.

Schumi, like barley in soup, but have not seen in soup lately. Usually in a beef stock soup. Getting to be the time of year I make soup. I tend to always have some chicken broth in my pantry.

Julie, no I think it is nice to leave a note about the house you are selling. I have it heard done such by both sellers and buyers. Hugs as it seems you are finishing up.

Yay! The rain has left the area. Beautiful sunrise and so clear and sunny out. Mind you, when the temp was saying 40 degrees, sunrise was watched from inside, with a cup of tea in my hand. I think the kids went to bed around 2 this morning. So my usual quiet weekend morning it is. And remote is mine. Yay!

And so, with a family week day birthday, a birthday lunch very small get together today.

Super happy Saturday to all the homies.

I love this time of year for making soups.......favourite is chicken noodle, only if homemade though. Now as I can’t eat many veg, I stick to butternut squash with sweet potato or just the squash soup if it’s not chicken noodle......generally not a soup fan otherwise, Tom loves a good soup though.

Sounds like a nice day for you .......we turned out nice in an odd way though.......lol.......and enjoy your family get together celebration.

Morning all, it’s quite brisk here again but I do see the sun starting to peak thru the clouds :sunny:

Youngest DS stopping by for dinner, undecided if going to try the air fryer (have read raves about it prepared that way???) or just toss on the grill. Nice decision to wrestle

It’s loosened up here last month or so to enter bank branches. Prior to that you could make an appointment. still very strict on number of people at one time tho

it would be awful to lose a sentimental piece of jewelry that way. Funny how so many don’t even wear watches but my DSs all have embraced them more as fashion

Oh boy. They closed the Cinemark a few miles from my house this year. Closest now a solid 45 minute drive & not in especially safe suburb of the city. Tried to convert the $200+ in GC I have on hand to another GC or Reduced cash payout via the various online sites, but last I checked none would even accept them.

Vote early & often :). JK. We went our mail in ballots back already. I am humbled by those in NC who have been waiting 8+ hours over the last few days on line for early voting.:worship:

It’s still Like winning the lottery here to not have to wait a solid month
Times change, sadly, majority who work full time don’t want to be bothered with any extensive garden maintenance.

That is so cool. Had a flashback when you mentioned removing the topiary. When actively working as realtor...had a similar estate type property for sale. Took a while to get a serious offer. Solid build but needed lots of updating & was a huge property with many overgrown, mature bushes & plants. Had more than one prospective buyer term it a jungle.

During the walk thru, the day before closing with the other agent/their buyer, discovered that not only did the family members remove many of the lighting fixtures (and all the lightbulbs haha not uncommon FYI); they also removed several of the ornamental plants. How, is beyond meo_O didn’t see evidence of a backhoe, but there were gaping holes in the yard.

Deal feel through, as sellers wisely exercised their contractual right to run. I immediately dumped the listing, as the family was defiant about what they did (read the contract you are signing duh). thhouse sat empty for years afterward =karma.

What is for dinner?? Let me know about your air fryer.....I’m on the fence to try one of the newer ones. The large paddle one I didn’t like at all, but some of the newer ones seem better.

Banks here have never changed much, just the usual restrictions of limiting people in at the one time......

I think most stylists are back to normal here, haven’t heard of anyone waiting longer than the following week.....thankfully. The place was dead this morning though.......it was quite nice and always a nice experience, I do love my salon time. My stylist is always on at me to get my nails done as I never do......I’ve never been a nail person. She can’t understand why my nails are never even covered in a clear gloss......she‘s so lovely though, she doesn’t do them, so she’s not out to make a buck......lol.......

Have a lovely visit with youngest.......

Yep, hair all blonder and sassier again.........it always cheers up a dull day getting your hair done properly........she was laughing at my attempts at fringe cutting again........yeah, that one wasn’t so straight!

This afternoon it brightened up but sky has been very dark and ominous all day, like a storm threatening, but never came to anything. Mid 50’s but rather humid by the coast. And starting to dim down again as it nears an early dusk.

just us for dinner tonight as Kyle and co are out, so going to enjoy a selection of cheese and charcuterie plates. Made some olive bread and have some sweet and spicy balsamic vinegar, spicy olives and stuffed cherry peppers to go with it. Like a mini indoor picnic for us and yes, as it’s Saturday.......red wine.

Planning to watch The Conjuring again tonight........build up to Halloween begins......all scary movies now at night.

Hope your Saturday is a good one........ 😁

It’s chilly here today at low 50’s!
Of course I turned the ac off and put on the heat.

Monday higher temps in the low 80’s
Should stay warm for much of next week.

I have been spoiled of having warm weather.
But it is much better temps here than up north.

What is everyone doing this weekend?

It’s chilly here today at low 50’s!
Of course I turned the ac off and put on the heat.

Monday higher temps in the low 80’s
Should stay warm for much of next week.

I have been spoiled of having warm weather.
But it is much better temps here than up north.

What is everyone doing this weekend?

Sounds similar to our temps mac........and you won’t get much worse unlike other areas......winter is coming!

Bacon in the morning mac........::yes::

Dinner was lovely.......charcuterie and cheese plate was delicious.....with nice bottle of wine.

Then watched The Conjuring.......spooky movie.......but a brilliant one, lots of scares and jumps even after seeing it many times.

65F9BC32-A4F2-4C88-94BD-921462A712D9.jpeg

Tom now thinks it’s funny to do the double clap when I’m not expecting it.......:eek:

Watching something now cheery before bedtime.......

Digesting the first real meal i’ve Had in over a week (the air fryer steaks were great btw, fries best so far i’ve Attempted). Did regular marinating but since cheaper cut of sirloin, tenderized with fork beforehand.

Lynne should be enjoying her celebratory fete about now.

Yea carole, always such a lift to get the works. Do my own nails, not a fan of my hands & feet being touched. Think my results just as good via practice & quality products.

I’m almost tempted to just grab a box of hair coloring near my root color and give my strands a break from the lightening. Not quite there yet yet

Caught the mr watching a few episodes of Star Trek discovery that finally segued over to regular CBS feed. Surprised him by signing up for the plus service for a bit so he can watch all three seasons.

Poked around their catalog and noticed they have the original & new twilight zone series & perry mason as well. May keep for a few extra months lol. Right now rewatching FTWD before I delete it.

Anybody up for a drive?
CDD47B4C-4423-4E99-BD62-2812F1674B4C.jpeg

Digesting the first real meal i’ve Had in over a week (the air fryer steaks were great btw, fries best so far i’ve Attempted). Did regular marinating but since cheaper cut of sirloin, tenderized with fork beforehand.

Lynne should be enjoying her celebratory fete about now.

Yea carole, always such a lift to get the works. Do my own nails, not a fan of my hands & feet being touched. Think my results just as good via practice & quality products.

I’m almost tempted to just grab a box of hair coloring near my root color and give my strands a break from the lightening. Not quite there yet yet

Caught the mr watching a few episodes of Star Trek discovery that finally segued over to regular CBS feed. Surprised him by signing up for the plus service for a bit so he can watch all three seasons.

Poked around their catalog and noticed they have the original & new twilight zone series & perry mason as well. May keep for a few extra months lol. Right now rewatching FTWD before I delete it.

Anybody up for a drive?
View attachment 532879

lol......love the picture! Anything spooky.......I’m there........

Love the sound of the steak and fries........glad it was a success. Yes, getting hair done always feels so good.......I know some folks aren’t visiting salons yet, but I feel fine going in.

My stylist always comments how my hair is in such good condition despite being highlighted every couple of months.......good conditioner and treatments every few weeks is my answer. I know what you mean though......although never used a box colour, I’m sure I’d make a real mess of it if I tried!

Marinading 8 large short ribs overnight in Old Peculiar Ale.......will slow cook them all day tomorrow for dinner tomorrow night.....is it bad I’m already looking forward to that dish???

Bedtime here.......and so mild outside........windows wide open tonight.......

Steaks 🥩 and all the the rest of the good stuff for dinner!!!!!

Tomorrow’s breakfast menu:

Bacon and eggs and hash browns white butter toast, with strawberry 🍓 jam and if any ribeyes leftover will reheat with breakfast!!!

Been busy with youngest as it was tournament week, and acting like I was doing that thing called work......:rotfl2:

Work smarter not harder.....:thumbsup2

How’s a Pina Colada sound?

Well I’m not sure what it sounds like but the one in my hand is excellent!!!

Oh how exciting the circus is checking in :rotfl2:

Hehe, was thought why we commented don’t take a big slice. Mom and pop cheesecake place’s cheesecakes are small and very heavy. Only a small piece needed, so rich. Got a birthday cake one for the birthday gal, and yep, tasted just like a birthday cake. And since cannot just have a birthday cake, so got a lemon Oreo one and a chocolate brownie one to enjoy too. Let’s just say, feeling mighty full after two large pieces of pizza before that. And since did not drive, some champagne with those cakes too.

Ah, while steak sounded good Keisha and DisneyLife, sadly not tonight for us. And DisneyLife, yep, little one would happily eat steak for breakfast, and only egg whites for her. Thinking of making pancakes for breakfast tomorrow.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday evening. Watching a screen and relaxing, still feeling full. Tea made, so enjoying that

And cool with that clear beautiful blue sky. But with a clear sky, means frost warnings in the wee hours overnight. Ah, taste of Fall. And with this high weather system giving us an absolutely wonderful sunny weekend, warmer weather for the week. A southern weather pattern will start the work week, so clouds will arrive with that 70’s air, and with clouds, ah yes, warm air, rain too.

Back to whatever you are doing tonight.

Dark out already here, so light on:
297C4E50-B9A3-4936-817E-2412CE8962D6.jpeg

Late night checkin. We had a nice day at Busch Gardens. B has decided to stay here tonight and will go back to school tomorrow.

Seems we will have a double sunny day weekend Charade, so hope you have that perfect weather this weekend in the park.
It was perfect. Sunny and cool, but not too cold.

Next time you go to DL make it when they have holiday decorations up, either Fall for Halloween or after Thanksgiving when they get the Christmas decorations up! Also they totally redo HM into Night Before Christmas, it’s amazing. Space Mountain also gets an overlay, Small World is beautiful, and Carsland is amazing how they decorate it.
I think the Little Mermaid section @keishashadow was talking about is the regular rooms.
I would love to see DL at Christmas.
We booked the Little Mermaid room for WDW. I would love to stay in one of the suites, but am too cheap to pay for one.

Charade......er, yes. Weird......how our brain works is fascinating.......have a great trip........
I have totally given up
On trying to understand how my brain works.

When all this ends I don’t know what will be left :guilty: I was reading there’s a possibility AMC will close. All of them. We don’t have them in Canada but when we go to Florida we will have a movie night usually at an AMC. Huge chain. One of our fav nights is the one in DTD, seeing a movie at their fork & dine theatre. We’ve also gone to the one in City Walk.
We have Regal here. They tried to reopen, but I think they have closed again.

yay you made it! Great statue lol! Have fun. Maybe a pic or 2? Of Busch! One day I’d love to go.
Pics at the end of this post. It was difficult to get good pictures. Busch Gardens has so many trees. Some of my pictures will
Have Flat Jonah in them.

As late for some of us homies, a light to keep the bad dreams away:
Cool light.

Charade.......that is funny. Those masks seem to be showing up everywhere! Have a wonderful day today......
I saw a huge mask on a car at a car dealership. I wish I had taken a picture.

My stylist is always on at me to get my nails done as I never do......I’ve never been a nail person. She can’t understand why my nails are never even covered in a clear gloss.....
I have only had my nails done once (artificial nails) and that was for my wedding. I never bother with polish. I can’t grow my nails long and I don’t think my short nails look good with polish.

We have been watching Twilight Zone on Hulu, I think. Great show.

How’s a Pina Colada sound?
And now I have a certain song stuck in my head.

Mom and pop cheesecake place’s cheesecakes are small and very heavy. Only a small piece needed, so rich. Got a birthday cake one for the birthday gal, and yep, tasted just like a birthday cake. And since cannot just have a birthday cake, so got a lemon Oreo one and a chocolate brownie one to enjoy too.
Those all sound good. We have a new cheesecake place nearby, but I have not tried them yet.

Another great light.

Bush Gardens pictures:

This next one is part of the new coaster that is opening next year. There is no way I could handle that drop

This is outside the coaster called Verbolten. Doesn’t make me want to ride.

Verbolten

I think this is the Loch Ness Monster.

This one is called Tempesto. It goes forward and backwards. Neither B nor Dh wanted to ride it.

I couldn’t get a good pic of Apollo’s Chariot. I think that one is B’s favorite.

I I almost took a picture of my favorite ride, Escape from Pompeii. It’s similar to
splash Mountain. It looked so sad with no water.

Going to try to get some sleep now. Apologies for any typos. I’m posting from my phone and too
Tired to proofread.

Morning everyone and a peaceful Sunday for all I hope. Cool and slightly misty so far but still dry so that’s good.

Big soup fan here - when I had the years of problems with bowel infections before I changed my diet - soup and home made rice pudding were constant staples. Always make broth from chicken and soup from now till summer. Tomato and basil is a summer favourite but we didn’t grow any ourselves this year.

We binge watched 7 episodes of “The Haunting of Bly House.” Anyone watched it? Started off very mild but getting increasingly dark. Will watch some more when we come home later.

Planning big brunch today then lamb chops and veg for later. Just us two later as Emma is meeting a friend.

We are going over to Dad’s to collect two pieces of luggage to (hopefully) use when we go away - 10 days away yet and praying Boris doesn’t bring in a total lockdown for half term. Ours luggage is all in storage.

So fairly quiet Sunday with nice food, a stroll and feet up later.

ringmaster Mac is great at corralling the :jester::joker:in this three ring circus...but I am always at the ready for a big showpopcorn::

:jester:::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Hehe, was thought why we commented don’t take a big slice. Mom and pop cheesecake place’s cheesecakes are small and very heavy. Only a small piece needed, so rich. Got a birthday cake one for the birthday gal, and yep, tasted just like a birthday cake. And since cannot just have a birthday cake, so got a lemon Oreo one and a chocolate brownie one to enjoy too. Let’s just say, feeling mighty full after two large pieces of pizza before that. And since did not drive, some champagne with those cakes too.

Ah, while steak sounded good Keisha and DisneyLife, sadly not tonight for us. And DisneyLife, yep, little one would happily eat steak for breakfast, and only egg whites for her. Thinking of making pancakes for breakfast tomorrow.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday evening. Watching a screen and relaxing, still feeling full. Tea made, so enjoying that

And cool with that clear beautiful blue sky. But with a clear sky, means frost warnings in the wee hours overnight. Ah, taste of Fall. And with this high weather system giving us an absolutely wonderful sunny weekend, warmer weather for the week. A southern weather pattern will start the work week, so clouds will arrive with that 70’s air, and with clouds, ah yes, warm air, rain too.

Back to whatever you are doing tonight.

View attachment 532894

Glad you had a nice day Lynne. Cake sounds good. As does champagne......

Late night checkin. We had a nice day at Busch Gardens. B has decided to stay here tonight and will go back to school tomorrow.

It was perfect. Sunny and cool, but not too cold.

I would love to see DL at Christmas.
We booked the Little Mermaid room for WDW. I would love to stay in one of the suites, but am too cheap to pay for one.

I have totally given up
On trying to understand how my brain works.

We have Regal here. They tried to reopen, but I think they have closed again.

Pics at the end of this post. It was difficult to get good pictures. Busch Gardens has so many trees. Some of my pictures will
Have Flat Jonah in them.

Cool light.

I saw a huge mask on a car at a car dealership. I wish I had taken a picture.

I have only had my nails done once (artificial nails) and that was for my wedding. I never bother with polish. I can’t grow my nails long and I don’t think my short nails look good with polish.

And now I have a certain song stuck in my head.

Those all sound good. We have a new cheesecake place nearby, but I have not tried them yet.

Another great light.

Bush Gardens pictures:

View attachment 533012

View attachment 533013

View attachment 533014

This next one is part of the new coaster that is opening next year. There is no way I could handle that drop

View attachment 533015

This is outside the coaster called Verbolten. Doesn’t make me want to ride.

View attachment 533016

Nice pictures......love the look of the coasters there....yep, would be up for them!

Morning everyone and a peaceful Sunday for all I hope. Cool and slightly misty so far but still dry so that’s good.

Big soup fan here - when I had the years of problems with bowel infections before I changed my diet - soup and home made rice pudding were constant staples. Always make broth from chicken and soup from now till summer. Tomato and basil is a summer favourite but we didn’t grow any ourselves this year.

We binge watched 7 episodes of “The Haunting of Bly House.” Anyone watched it? Started off very mild but getting increasingly dark. Will watch some more when we come home later.

Planning big brunch today then lamb chops and veg for later. Just us two later as Emma is meeting a friend.

We are going over to Dad’s to collect two pieces of luggage to (hopefully) use when we go away - 10 days away yet and praying Boris doesn’t bring in a total lockdown for half term. Ours luggage is all in storage.

So fairly quiet Sunday with nice food, a stroll and feet up later.

We watched Bly Manor. Did you watch The Haunting of Hill House first? It`s not a follow up, but some of the same actors are in it.

Dull day, hopefully it`ll brighten up sometime soon.

No plans at all today except to organise making a Christmas calendar for mum and and aunt who would love that too.......trying to find pictures I know they`d love. I`ve used this site before for uploading pictures and turning them into gifts so, quite happy to do it again.

Marinaded beef short ribs overnight in ale and few other bits, popped them in the slow cookers this morning with beef stock and they`ll simmer away all day......creamy mashed potato to go with them and some roasted carrots. Bacon was lovely this morning too.....we all swooped it up.

Feels cool outside, but the house feels warm. Tha Aga helps there too, one of the best things we ever bought.

Time for another cup of tea I think.........lazy Sunday morning.

cv55-M.jpg

cv57-S.jpg

cv43-M.jpg

Happy Sunday 😁

Bright sun-shiney day here - yea! Planning on viewing lots of football action, then...

Talked into this tonight with two youngest DS.

https://www.scarehouse.com/
Pretty hard core type offering in the past. Site recently moved permanently into a mall. Will be moving their escape room offerings there but operate the house seasonally. Pretty cool that they have had many CMU theater students that have gone onto big things work there.

Jury out on whether they have same smart protocols in place that HHN did tho. Think i’ll Wear both a mask & face shield. All the better to mortify my spawn :)

Realized I will need to leave my house by 5:30 am tomorrow to make my testing time in town. Didn’t click when I accepted that time on Friday. Normally under a half hour drive but with rush hour & two different construction sites, pixiedust: where’s that teleport when you need it?
Rod Serling was a genius
I almost took a picture of my favorite ride, Escape from Pompeii. It’s similar to
splash Mountain. It looked so sad with no water.
SW has basically same ride as far as I could determine. Do really enjoy it, more ominous than SM.
Always make broth from chicken and soup from now till summer. Tomato and basil is a summer favourite but we didn’t grow any ourselves this year.
No herbs grown here this year either, completely forgot. Might try to sprout some in the house to use this winter under the grow lights if I get motivated

On a whim yesterday & staring at half a rotisserie chicken in the fridge, cut off most of the remaining meat & used it to make a bit of stock. Surprised how good the flavor came out.

Kicking myself for tossing multitudes of them in the past. Duh, captain obvious, as I make stock often from turkey carcasses and dark meat pieces.
Nice pictures......love the look of the coasters there....yep, would be up for them!
Loch Ness monster is a gem. Fun but not crazy agressive IMO, In coaster speak it’s ancient but has held up so well. Wish we had one like it nearby.

My only complaint re BG williamsburg is the topography, all those hills. Probably a good thing to burn off park snacks though lol. It also strikes me as being as humid as MCO (if not more so) in the summer...

So sayeth the northern, out of shape wimp :snail: Charade & famiy probably breeze right thru it :)
Marinaded beef short ribs overnight in ale
Yuuuummy sounding. Short ribs not popular here, rarely can find in restaurants or grocery stores even pre covid. When they materialize there, near price of filet. Same with brisket. Makes zero sense

Think i’ll make crab cakes in air fryer today. Usualy make mine by pan sautéing, then finishing off in the oven with lemon butter. Always up for a challenge lol

My only complaint re BG williamsburg is the topography, all those hills. Probably a good thing to burn off park snacks though lol. It also strikes me as being as humid as MCO (if not more so) in the summer...

So sayeth the northern, out of shape wimp :snail: Charade & famiy probably breeze right thru it :)
:rotfl2:Sorry, couldn’t help but laugh at that last statement. Dh and B don’t have much of a problem, but I am overweight, out of shape, and have arthritis in my knees. This is something I really need to work on before we go to WDW next year.
Yes, the park is quite does have a lot of hills. If I lived in Williamsburg I would go there and walk as my daily exercise. It does get humid in the summer, but it is also very shady. I just wish BG had a few more non high thrill rides for people like me.

Bright sun-shiney day here - yea! Planning on viewing lots of football action, then...

Talked into this tonight with two youngest DS.

https://www.scarehouse.com/
Pretty hard core type offering in the past. Site recently moved permanently into a mall. Will be moving their escape room offerings there but operate the house seasonally. Pretty cool that they have had many CMU theater students that have gone onto big things work there.

Jury out on whether they have same smart protocols in place that HHN did tho. Think i’ll Wear both a mask & face shield. All the better to mortify my spawn :)

Realized I will need to leave my house by 5:30 am tomorrow to make my testing time in town. Didn’t click when I accepted that time on Friday. Normally under a half hour drive but with rush hour & two different construction sites, pixiedust: where’s that teleport when you need it?

Rod Serling was a genius

SW has basically same ride as far as I could determine. Do really enjoy it, more ominous than SM.

No herbs grown here this year either, completely forgot. Might try to sprout some in the house to use this winter under the grow lights if I get motivated

On a whim yesterday & staring at half a rotisserie chicken in the fridge, cut off most of the remaining meat & used it to make a bit of stock. Surprised how good the flavor came out.

Kicking myself for tossing multitudes of them in the past. Duh, captain obvious, as I make stock often from turkey carcasses and dark meat pieces.

Loch Ness monster is a gem. Fun but not crazy agressive IMO, In coaster speak it’s ancient but has held up so well. Wish we had one like it nearby.

Yuuuummy sounding. Short ribs not popular here, rarely can find in restaurants or grocery stores even pre covid. When they materialize there, near price of filet. Same with brisket. Makes zero sense

Think i’ll make crab cakes in air fryer today. Usualy make mine by pan sautéing, then finishing off in the oven with lemon butter. Always up for a challenge lol

That looks fabulous Janet....I want to go too!!!!!

Yes, mask and shield......love when the kids roll their eyes at us........lol......have a blast there, although I`m sure you will.

Love the stock from chicken........Tom says I should sell it the amount I make up over the winter, but it`s the only way to make soup, especialy chicken noodle. Never thought of short ribs as hard to get....how odd. It`s only the farm stores we seem to be able to find them easily now I think on it. Have no idea of their price as they just came with one order, Tom might have checked. They are so full of flavour though........love the sound of the crab cakes. I tend to do mine in the oven, never thought of finishing them off with lemon butter in the oven itself. mmm.

Theme parks in this country are dreadful.....completely dreadful. When we went a few times to the Peak District we once went to a park called Gullivers Kingdom......oh Lordy.......it was up and down hills like you wouldn`t believe.....and completely not worth it. Well, Kyle enjoyed it when he was much younger, but it was a one time visit.

Have fun tonight.....you`ll have to tell me about your airfryer....which one it is and so on......

Got my calendar all sorted for mum and aunt.......nice little stocking filler for them.

Sun has come out now.......looks a lovely day.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!