Something About Nothing............ #14

Some good news - I talked to my mom today and she is now walking with just the use of a cane.

Woohoo that is great news! Always such a relief when good progress is made like that!

Going by the doom and gloom in the news that Christmas might be a non event this year, decided to go on a splurge and stock up on goodies and anything long life.....I think Chocolate is long life.........:rolleyes1

In theory it has a long life, but it has about a 2 day max shelf life at my house. ;)

Off out this morning.....not the nicest of days and a little chilly......good excuse to wear new boots though!!

I love new boots! My MIL texted me yesterday so see if I liked any of the boots for sale on QVC for Christmas - I was like um yes thanks and Santa has good taste this year!! :D

:wave2:
I was just reading WDW has let go of the remaining actors. No more Festival of The Lion King or other entertainment. So sad.
I get it, costs need to be cut to keep the parks afloat. Doesn’t mean I have to like it or hear the sadness from the employees

It is so sad hearing all of the performers being let go. I love going to the shows at Disney! I love any live entertainment and I hope they can bring some of this back before too long.

Sun is out today woot! Getting up to 49 - might have to go run sprints outside or something! Or, you know, walk at a normal pace since I don't think I can sprint very well LOL. Have leftover rotisserie chicken so thinking I might made some Thai Red Chicken Curry to throw over rice for an good dinner tonight. Feeling like we need something with a little heat!

I feel so bad for the workers that got the brunt of the cost savings of the company. As if not even one of them not needed. Very sad.

Sue, hope you get a nap in today. I get up an hour or so after your 3 am wake, but oh my. Hope you get a good night sleep, and later awake time. Yay, for pretty nails!

Keisha, food drive for filling out local food charities still a go starting this November. So many need it. Local polling places are to be open. I am lucky, and can walk to mine.

Yay, Schumi having a pot of tea. I’d certainly join ya. Virtually now.

This morning is crawling. Sigh. Long day, but a warmer one, with that oh you loose, random rain shower. Then a washout Thursday it will be. And cool rain to boot. Hey, at least they are predicting a drying weekend, so that full moon viewing should be perfect. WOOT!

Tea is infusing as I type Lynne......can`t go wrong with a good old cup of tea.

Woohoo that is great news! Always such a relief when good progress is made like that!

In theory it has a long life, but it has about a 2 day max shelf life at my house. ;)

I love new boots! My MIL texted me yesterday so see if I liked any of the boots for sale on QVC for Christmas - I was like um yes thanks and Santa has good taste this year!! :D

It is so sad hearing all of the performers being let go. I love going to the shows at Disney! I love any live entertainment and I hope they can bring some of this back before too long.

Sun is out today woot! Getting up to 49 - might have to go run sprints outside or something! Or, you know, walk at a normal pace since I don't think I can sprint very well LOL. Have leftover rotisserie chicken so thinking I might made some Thai Red Chicken Curry to throw over rice for an good dinner tonight. Feeling like we need something with a little heat!

I`d prefer the Thai Red Curry to chocolate!

We are a family who can resist it so it seems......even my chocolate loving son doesn`t go into the goodie cabinets very often.

Now, spicy chips and dips......they never last!!!

I love boots!!! It`s part of my autumn routine to seek out the nicest winter boots I can find. Managed to get some new suede ankle boots and full length black leather ones this year. Tom doesn`t get it.......I can see him looking at all the other boots from previous years and wondering why not just wear them......lol......he never says it out loud though....... :rotfl:

You have similar temps to us right now......yes, it feels like winter warming dishes time now........comfort food is essential :thumbsup2

We are here and happy! Even the road trip felt exciting. We did two drive through stops for drinks and a snack and a short walk with Louie. Then arrived and checked in and a walk on the beach. Lovely they remember us and welcome back.

Windy and cool but the sun is shining and Louie is pinned to the window watching the waves blow over the promenade.

Time for afternoon tea (which I’m hoping I can bring up to our room).

Dinner at 7.30 - no need to plan yippee!

Back from dinner and very full, I love fish so chose smoked trout to start, then haddock in a tasty sauce and finally plum and ginger trifle which was yummy!

We took Louie another walk before dinner and thankfully he settled in our bedroom while we were out and very happy when we came back.

Beautiful evening but went dark very quickly.

F4B3A891-653C-4B4F-80F9-A06C40A8629F.jpeg

View attachment 535044

Ah, see, with all that flashing and fog the new HHN house will have, camel’s giving the alert. Yay, a Wednesday is here, and get over that hump of a day, and woot woot can say Friday is here after two more sleeps.

Good Morning Schumi. Nice to do some shopping today.

Charade, glad mom is okay, and hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight.

Hey, DisneyLife is very early this morning. Good Morning to you. Hope all is well with you and family.

And so, other than routine, that is my planned Wednesday. Tea, yes, part of that routine. Off to get a refill. And eh, boring breakfast as well.

Wonderful Wednesday to all the homies.

Hi Lynne!

Yup we are great!!

F4B3A891-653C-4B4F-80F9-A06C40A8629F.jpeg
Gorgeous picture!!

Good evening everyone. Today was an uneventful day. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same. I am really feeling the need to get out of the office for awhile. Thankfully we are only a month away from our Atlanta and Gatlinburg vacation.

Psycho isn`t that scary to be honest.
I think I have already seen the worst scenes. I keep saying I need to watch it, but haven't yet.

Going by the doom and gloom in the news that Christmas might be a non event this year, decided to go on a splurge and stock up on goodies and anything long life.....I think Chocolate is long life......
And you can probably freeze some of it to make it last longer. I have no idea what we will do for Christmas. We usually go to a friend's house, but probably not this year.

Good morning? Eh, woke up at 3, again! Can‘t get back to sleep. For 2nd night. Don’t know why 3:00 is the magical number.
I do that a lot too and it's usually around 3:00 as well.

Sounds like somebody has been doing their PT! Good for her
Mom has been a model patient. She hates not being independent, so she wanted to get back to normal as quickly as possible.

I am hoping that they have some of the shows back by the time we go in May. I am wondering if Busch Gardens is going to do anything for Christmas this year. There Christmastown is almost all about the shows.

View attachment 535144
That is a stunning picture.

I feel like I should be doing something, but lack all motivation. Dh is at a martial arts class. I asked him to bring food home when he came. I have no idea what tonight's dinner will be.

Just finished catching up on the thread

Had lost my internet yesterday early evening and checked in here when I had a connection early this morning.

pretty sure I will lose my internet connection again tonight as that nasty storm will hit my area by midnight

received a weather alert by midnight will have 100% rain until ??

Schools here announced this afternoon schools are closed tomorrow due to the storms.

I’m prepared!
I have cat food and the basics of bread, milk and eggs
Lol

received a weather alert by midnight will have 100% rain until ??

Schools here announced this afternoon schools are closed tomorrow due to the storms.

I’m prepared!
I have cat food and the basics of bread, milk and eggs

Stay safe Mac! Hope you can...weather the storm....

Thanks Elsa

My house is on a ridge so my property won’t flood.
But the street I use once I leave my HOA to go anywhere would be closed as the creek will have flash floods.

My weather this October has been warm.
Mid to upper 70’s so far and still having the yard mowed weekly.

Hope all the homies are doing good!

Hey all!
Quick catch up and hi to all!
REally need to get to bed as tomorrow is one of the places I actually get to onsite for! Have to be swabbed (again-but tomorrow's is the 15 minute test while my others are the PCR ones). At least when if I catch the 'rona I will know it right away.

Well, after talking it over with dh we decided to take the plunge and reschedule for May. The new trip dates are May 22-31.
It is a great time of year to go!
Ooh, did u see Orlando informer says just announced, 2021 first HHN house is Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience. Woot!
Yes!! and the vid walkthrough! Walking Dead fans should recognize Greg Nicotero :)
Even the election polling places are having issues filling the compensated positions. Such a high percentage of volunteers typically are of an older demographic, majority of whom are taking suggested protocols seriously
here is a movement locally, urging the college students who may be doing online semesters to dip their toes into the water
OOOH my UCF kiddo is doing this! Went for training last weekend-it is a compensated position so she will make a little pocket money.
There was a bitter labor dispute with the talent, including safety Issues for the performers. IMO this is more about cost savings than the safety factor for either employees or guests

I get it, costs need to be cut to keep the parks afloat. Doesn’t mean I have to like it or hear the sadness from the employees
Ugh so sad. FotLK was my absolute, never miss show. Which reminds me still haven't gotten my AP refund!! Need to remember to call and sit on hold forever I guess.

Has been cold and rainy past few days. Been double checking the chickens and making sure Princess Tiana is tucked between two of the fluffy hens to stay warm. At least she has the sense to stay in the covered and dry run when it is raining. Had to go chase the others in on Monday when temps started dropping with the rain.

And doggy has decided he will not go out in rain unless he has a human go with him. Not sure how we will survive the winter lol!

I don't have a night light...

@keishashadow what a cute puppy face! Hope your eyes are ok. I hope when they bring back the entertainment Festival of Lion King, Nemo, etc are back to their full production. Yes that costume problem was ridiculous. Disney didn’t have a leg to stand on with that one. Yuck.

@schumigirl always nice to get together with friends for lunch! Our malls/stores are just starting to get Christmas stuff in.

@Lynne G nope, no nap for me today. No time. I was out doing errands, till about 3:00. Went to Old Navy and The Gap Christmas shopping for my daughters. And-picked up Christmas masks! 2 packages. 5 per package.
Another damp dreary.

@Elsaspiritanimal sounds like a nice dinner. I love roasted chicken. A nice curry sauce to go with sounds nice.

@schumigirl yep, love boots! But haven’t been shopping for any yet this year. For winter walks around the neighbourhood and parks I love my Ugg’s. So cozy. Never thought I’d wear them but saw a pair on a great sale last year so bought them, turned out they’re so comfy and warm. Perfect for winter walks. I have grey. Wouldn’t mind picking up a tan pair.

@Realfoodfans yay you made it. Beautiful photo. I love smoked fish too. My brother-in-law went fishing and caught some trout. It’s at the smokers now. He’s promised me some when it’s done.

@Charade67 it seems we are both on the same sleep (or lack of) schedule. I remember you saying you had the same problem. At least I don’t have to worry about functioning at work in the morning. So I can usually fall back asleep by 5:00 and get a couple more hours in. But when I worked id get so stressed I couldn’t get back to sleep. Ugh.

@macraven stay safe! Are you on gas for cooking those eggs? Hope your power isn’t out for long.

Damp grey day here. Misting but no real rain. Got some more Christmas presents done for the daughters. And found a cute Grinch Christmas tee I’m going to pack for Uni trip
Also picked up a couple of travel packs of sanitizer wipes.
I found a small travel size can of Lysol aerosol spray. Does anyone know if I can pack it in my checked luggage?

I‘ll leave the light on, no stubbed toes!

@Monykalyn poor PrincessT. Do you have a heat source in the coop? My dogs hate the rain. and it rains lots this time of year! They have coats so they don’t get wet. But have to trick them with snacks to get the leashes on.
No idea what the PCR test is. Is that the regular one that goes up to your brain?

@Charade67 nice night light. I really want to watch that show. But already pay mega bucks for tv service, Netflix, Prime, Apple. Ugh. Don’t want to pay for one more subscription just for one show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter