Something About Nothing............ #14

Sue - how lovely to get the fish - Dad used to do the same for me.

Kev is out with Louie - I’ve been in the bath and a slower start!

Had some calls last night - first was good news from my nephew in London - they are expecting their first baby and everyone very happy for them - just a shame they are so far away - and for my lovely SIL who will be restricted to time with them but they said they are making their top floor that visitors can be comfortable.

Second call the sort you don’t want - one of Em’s best friends (and her daughter is L’s best friend) father died suddenly last night. Her parents have just bought a holiday home in Wales and should have all been there together for half term but restrictions stopped that. Not been unwell and a massive part of their lives - I see him regularly on the school run. So difficult when out of the blue like that.

We are booked at the Donkey Sanctuary this morning - one of our favourite places and many happy memories there. We have supported it for many years and I used to walk our old dog there regularly as he loved it.

Will be large full English breakfast - yum!

Oh no, all stay safe with this Zeta storm. We too have joined that heavy rain day, with lots of rain having already fallen, enough the traffic news said to reduce speed due to very wet roads. Flood Warnings are in place until tomorrow morning. 3 inches of rain to fall before day’s end, then a just below freezing low for the overnight . High is 50, will feel very cool with all that rain.

Ack, Mac, already again losing power. At least no AC needed with that rain.

MonyK, so many tests. Hope all is well. And yeah, my female lab hated to go out in the rain. Yep, our deck right outside the door, was her bathroom on rainy days. My male lab, he loved the rain. Would lay in a dug hole that became a mud puddle. Deck was also a cleaning station in the rain. LoL. Neither, nor my boxer, needed a human out, luckily.

Sue, I am sure you can put in checked luggage. I would just put in a sealed plastic bag, as may leak with change in altitude. I pack my suntan lotion that is an aerosol. Never had a leak, but I still put it in a gallon zip bag just in case.

Charade, older one is a fan of that show. He is a big SW fan. Cute light, thanks. Was to bed early last night. Was tired, as felt like a long day. Though little one and I had a little fun at D&B yesterday, late afternoon. Half price games day, so got us to enjoy some other game playing, then staring at a home screen.

Julie, nice you are enjoying your time there. Donkeys are so fun to watch. Nice you support animal places like that. And wonderful baby news. Another family member coming, how nice. So sad to hear of friend’s father passing. Sending sympathy, peace and comfort to her family and friends.

So, fitting that Zeta is giving so many the rain. Thirsty Thursday is here. Though with flood warnings, we clearly don’t need that much rain. But yes, the need to stay hydrated is good no matter the weather. And ah yes,

27B9B220-CA20-47E4-857A-A3652C86BA69.jpeg

yay! That means tomorrow is Friday. Woot!

Tea for me. Take a drink, your choice. And may all have a very

49BA3C04-EFF6-48C6-AAB4-573A51D41844.jpeg ::yes::

Stayed warm here during the night.
Granted only slept 5 hours due to wind and rain
Stayed at 75 and kept the ac on as it was humid
( and its still humid)
So glad we had the huge tree removed weeks ago

Cats are taking a nap and I’ll join them soon

Hope all are fine that were in the storm area!

Need a catch up from this morning........

Had a hospital appointment, and what a horrible morning to be out! Rain has been on all day and getting heavier now.

The wing of the hospital I was in, is set off away from the main building, so hardly had interaction with anyone except for the folks I was there to see......nice and quiet. And the car park was half empty which is strange to see as usually you fight for a space.

Home and had lunch though, I was starving when we got home.

Dinner tonight is fish and chips for them.....I`m having some large shrimp and parma ham with rocket salad. I`m already looking forward to it......

Hope all you on the east coast are able to stay dry and with power today! Cloudy and 37 here but at least no rain so far.

Another busy day at work ahead for me but we are doing a fun Zoom team call for Halloween! I'm going to put on my best Nintendo Luigi hat and mustache and find a game play background to put on. Should be fun even if that is the only Halloween we get this year. And I'm pretty sure that means I should have lots of candy today. ::yes::

Have a great day homies!

Glad no storm problems yet for anyone.

Nice to visit the Donkey Sanctuary though very different to “normal”. It is a beautiful location and very well supported. It started out small scale many years ago by a lady called Elizabeth Svendsen and just grew and grew - donkeys are in dire need of help in many countries and in addition to rescue they run training and support overseas and usually onsite is a play school for children with additional needs - who get to spend time with the donkeys.
There are some beautiful garden areas too.
5C6BF17E-6043-4435-BB87-8B298900142F.jpeg
From there we drive to Budleigh Salterton which is a pretty coastal village with some good walks - then on to Exmouth - a larger seaside town where my parents had their holiday home for over 20 years and there we sat and watched the kite surfers for an hour - I counted 60 of them out on the water - amazing heights they were achieving because of the strong winds.

We are back in the hotel now for afternoon tea at 3.30 but Kev has nodded off so I may have to wait a little longer! I wish I could do the same but Louie and I are happy watching the surf and passers by.

Charade, hope you work has been stress free.

Elsa, sounds like a fun Zoom meeting. Cute idea for outfit. Funny, I was like do I have a spirit jersey? Looked in closet, yep, a Disney one too. Holiday Mickey one, I must have picked up a few years ago, when we were at Disney over the Christmas holiday.

So enjoying your live trip reports, Julie. Another beautiful picture. Looks so lovely there.

Schumi, ah, busy this morning. Yep, hope you enjoyed a big lunch.

Oh time for lunch. DH went to get gas, so asked him to do a Wawa run, as just up the road, two blocks from the gas station. Hope he comes home soon, as I am getting hungry too.

Hi all,
Quick check in.... I'm still here and ok. Just going through a lot right now.

Not looking forward to snow tomorrow night, but I turned the hot tub up to 104 today and we'll be ready.

Youngest dd turned 21 and we had a small party. Her boyfriend got accepted to the police academy so we're super proud. We haven't done much else since my docs don't want me traveling or being around people. But youngest will be on spring break in May and her boyfriend will be done with the Police academy in June so we're looking ahead for a trip. If the docs give me the go-ahead, hubby and I will probably take a trip in the early spring. This is the first year in a lllloooonnnnggg time that we haven't been to Florida a few times. But we've been doing some short day trips around here to our beloved wineries and breweries. Autumn in the Poconos is really beautiful! The leaves are still turning, but almost done. The maple tree in my backyard is turning yellow, so we'll be done soon.

I took the time off to finally start my etsy shop. I'm only selling designs now, not products, but it's taken off and doing well so far.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi McK, glad you came to say hello, and hope you are doing better. Kids sound like all doing well, with boyfriends too. Yeah, colors of Fall, I like. The cool, not so much. Take care, and enjoy the Halloween weekend.

Her boyfriend got accepted to the police academy so we're super proud

I took the time off to finally start my etsy shop. I'm only selling designs now, not products, but it's taken off and doing well so far.

Congrats on multiple levels Mckrose! Great news on the etsy shop and daughter's boyfriend being accepted into the police academy! You should be very proud indeed!

Mrose it is wonderful to see you here!

You have been missed.

Lots of events going on with your family and nice news about your family.

Hope you do get to have a trip in the spring. It’s always fun to have a change of scenery.

Hi all,

Not looking forward to snow tomorrow night, but I turned the hot tub up to 104 today and we'll be ready.

Youngest dd turned 21 and we had a small party. Her boyfriend got accepted to the police academy so we're super proud. We haven't done much else since my docs don't want me traveling or being around people. But youngest will be on spring break in May and her boyfriend will be done with the Police academy in June so we're looking ahead for a trip. If the docs give me the go-ahead, hubby and I will probably take a trip in the early spring. This is the first year in a lllloooonnnnggg time that we haven't been to Florida a few times. But we've been doing some short day trips around here to our beloved wineries and breweries. Autumn in the Poconos is really beautiful! The leaves are still turning, but almost done. The maple tree in my backyard is turning yellow, so we'll be done soon.

Hi Mck!

Glad to see you stopping by!

The Poconos is a very beautiful area!

You have a really cool Nascar track also that I love!

Sounds like plenty of good things happening so that’s nice for you.

:wave2:

Two hours on hold with an insurance company. :scared1:

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you Charade......

Hi all,

Nice to see you post mrose.......again, big congrats on all your good news........and happy to see you post......continued good wishes.........

Just had some sad news. One of our lovely ladies in the village has passed away suddenly. Her daughter just came to see us earlier to let us know. She was a lovely lady who was one of the first people to welcome us to this village when we moved down here.

She always commented on how polite and well mannered Kyle was and how we should be so proud of him which we are of course. Genuinely had a good word to say about everyone. Sadly due to covid restrictions we won`t be able to go to her cremation, but we will go see her daughter and her when she comes home the night before the funeral next week, and we`ll go wave her off next week.

Having an extra large glass of wine tonight.......::yes::

Hi McK, glad you came to say hello, and hope you are doing better. Kids sound like all doing well, with boyfriends too. Yeah, colors of Fall, I like. The cool, not so much. Take care, and enjoy the Halloween weekend.
Thanks, and yes, I'm not looking forward to the cold either! Do you still have some color down your way?
Congrats on multiple levels Mckrose! Great news on the etsy shop and daughter's boyfriend being accepted into the police academy! You should be very proud indeed!
Thanks! The youngest dd's boyfriend was supposed to go with us to Disney in May, but we had to cancel due to covid. We're just trying now to figure out a time between youngest dd's college schedule and his academy schedule to go next year. Fingers crossed!
Mrose it is wonderful to see you here!

You have been missed.

Lots of events going on with your family and nice news about your family.

Hope you do get to have a trip in the spring. It’s always fun to have a change of scenery.
Thank you! And thanks for checking in on me during my absence! ((hugs))
Hi Mck!

Glad to see you stopping by!

The Poconos is a very beautiful area!

You have a really cool Nascar track also that I love!

Sounds like plenty of good things happening so that’s nice for you.

:wave2:
Thanks! And thanks also for checking in on me while I was MIA! Much appreciated!
Have you been up here? The raceway is not far from me and my youngest dd has worked concessions there for the 500 and other races. She may have waited on you if you were here within the past few years!
Nice to see you post mrose.......again, big congrats on all your good news........and happy to see you post......continued good wishes.........
Thanks, and thanks for checking in on my while I was gone. It meant a lot to be missed, as strange as that sounds! Felling better and have a new appointment with the rheumatologist next month. Better than January!
Just had some sad news. One of our lovely ladies in the village has passed away suddenly. Her daughter just came to see us earlier to let us know. She was a lovely lady who was one of the first people to welcome us to this village when we moved down here.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Yesterday we saw that the AHL is postponed until Feb. 5th. This is the first year in a while that we don't have season tix for the little Pens. What a strange year. So many thing we count on as "regular" things have been eliminated. Not sure what the winter will bring, other than snow. But we are healthy and together so we can't complain here.

Stay safe everyone!

Thanks, and thanks for checking in on my while I was gone. It meant a lot to be missed, as strange as that sounds! Felling better and have a new appointment with the rheumatologist next month. Better than January!

Yesterday we saw that the AHL is postponed until Feb. 5th. This is the first year in a while that we don't have season tix for the little Pens. What a strange year. So many thing we count on as "regular" things have been eliminated. Not sure what the winter will bring, other than snow. But we are healthy and together so we can't complain here.

Stay safe everyone!

Thank you....certainly news we didn`t expect tonight.

No problem, we do worry when homies don`t post for a while :hug:.......and I know you`ll be glad to see the rheumatologist in January. And yes, we are also thankful of being together and healthy....:wave2:

Thanks, and yes, I'm not looking forward to the cold either! Do you still have some color down your way?

Thanks! The youngest dd's boyfriend was supposed to go with us to Disney in May, but we had to cancel due to covid. We're just trying now to figure out a time between youngest dd's college schedule and his academy schedule to go next year. Fingers crossed!

Thank you! And thanks for checking in on me during my absence! ((hugs))

Thanks! And thanks also for checking in on me while I was MIA! Much appreciated!
Have you been up here? The raceway is not far from me and my youngest dd has worked concessions there for the 500 and other races. She may have waited on you if you were here within the past few years!

Stay safe everyone!

Yes, I have been although it’s been since 2016 the last time I was out there.

I like Nascar and there is one place you could always count on finding me at in February is the Daytona 500!

Your welcome and it’s funny you posted today because the thought crossed my mind to check in again just today!!!!!!!

Yeah, when I was a kid, my dad loved watching the stock cars. Many a year, saw the Pocono 500, and the Dover 500 with my parents. Did not watch after I got a little older, as he stopped going in person due to health reasons. He watched on the TV after that. Found other things to do when races were on, as still not really a fan. Though he always had the Indy 500 on.

Yes, still some color McK. But many bare trees too. So many leaves everywhere. And with this windy rain, all over the streets too. Yeah, heard tomorrow night cold enough for snow, though weather guy says should only be North of us, that may see some snow. Repeat rainy day for us tomorrow. Ick.

DisneyLife, glad to hear all well.

Charade, finished a cute cat puzzle the other day:
11D44C56-EE04-492F-A70E-F200AD3CD98F.jpeg

Schumi, sad to hear of lady’s passing, and sending sympathy, with peace and comfort to her daughter, family and friends.

Ack, deaths come in threes. I hope no news of another one.

Used up steak with teriyaki sauce, rice, and a bag of mixed vegetables, nuked. Full. Dinner done. check.

Now enjoying a cup of tea, and throw over my legs. Cool feeling night, with freezing night tomorrow. Probably will be doing the same thing.

Have a terrific Thursday night.

Yeah, when I was a kid, my dad loved watching the stock cars. Many a year, saw the Pocono 500, and the Dover 500 with my parents. Did not watch after I got a little older, as he stopped going in person due to health reasons. He watched on the TV after that. Found other things to do when races were on, as still not really a fan. Though he always had the Indy 500 on.

Yes, still some color McK. But many bare trees too. So many leaves everywhere. And with this windy rain, all over the streets too. Yeah, heard tomorrow night cold enough for snow, though weather guy says should only be North of us, that may see some snow. Repeat rainy day for us tomorrow. Ick.

DisneyLife, glad to hear all well.

Charade, finished a cute cat puzzle the other day:
View attachment 535384

Schumi, sad to hear of lady’s passing, and sending sympathy, with peace and comfort to her daughter, family and friends.

Ack, deaths come in threes. I hope no news of another one.

Used up steak with teriyaki sauce, rice, and a bag of mixed vegetables, nuked. Full. Dinner done. check.

Now enjoying a cup of tea, and throw over my legs. Cool feeling night, with freezing night tomorrow. Probably will be doing the same thing.

Have a terrific Thursday night.

Yes, hope to hear of no more deaths.

Teriyaki chicken sir fry this weekend for the others.....I`m having spicy ginger plum sauce with chicken....I do like spicy teriyaki though.

How are your kids doing Lynne with all of this going on? Are they both still in college...not sure about your son now?

Almost bedtime here......been a weird night tonight......heard some wonderful news about a friends son, and a very lovely lady passing. Life is a mix for sure.

Got a man coming out tomorrow to service the boiler.......has to be done every year to keep the guarantee valid. He`ll txt in the morning his time to call.

Should be in bed now....11.30 here........

Bacon for breakfast........🥓🥓🥓

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter