Something About Nothing............ #14

Good evening everyone. Another slow day today. Things got a little better after I finally got through to the insurance company. When I left work this afternoon the rain had stopped and the sun had come out.

Hi all,
Quick check in.... I'm still here and ok.
Youngest dd turned 21 and we had a small party. Her boyfriend got accepted to the police academy so we're super proud.
I took the time off to finally start my etsy shop. I'm only selling designs now, not products, but it's taken off and doing well so far.
Good to see you MRose. Congrats to you on your etsy shop and to your daughter's boyfriend.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you Charade......
I don't work on Fridays, so that already makes it better. I'm planning on taking "Flat Jonah" to a couple of historical places in town. I figure real Jonah can get a bit of history along with his geography lesson.

Just had some sad news. One of our lovely ladies in the village has passed away suddenly. Her daughter just came to see us earlier to let us know. She was a lovely lady who was one of the first people to welcome us to this village when we moved down here.
So sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family.

Charade, finished a cute cat puzzle the other day:
I love it. I am working on a cat puzzle too.

I think I need some sleep. A little while ago I almost called the cay B's name. Speaking of B, she has decided that she wants to go back to the tea room for her birthday. I need to call and make reservations.

Bacon!!!

wont be missing that...

:cheer2:

Good evening everyone. Another slow day today. Things got a little better after I finally got through to the insurance company. When I left work this afternoon the rain had stopped and the sun had come out.

Good to see you MRose. Congrats to you on your etsy shop and to your daughter's boyfriend.

I don't work on Fridays, so that already makes it better. I'm planning on taking "Flat Jonah" to a couple of historical places in town. I figure real Jonah can get a bit of history along with his geography lesson.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family.

I love it. I am working on a cat puzzle too.

I think I need some sleep. A little while ago I almost called the cay B's name. Speaking of B, she has decided that she wants to go back to the tea room for her birthday. I need to call and make reservations.

Glad your day improved and hope you have a good one today.

Thank you, it`s just so sad to hear of anyone passing. And of course knowing we won`t be able to go to the service isn`t nice either. Under normal circumstances the palce would be mobbed.

Friday again.......looked like sun, but seems rain is on. Just waiting to hear when the guy is coming to service the boiler for it`s yearly check......

Bacon and scrambled eggs this morning........we were ready for them.

And sun just came back out.........but looks like some rain over the UK for the next few days........won`t be going far.

Making honey mustard chicken tonight and baby potatoes........always a popular choice in this house.

cv72-XL.jpg

cv142-M.jpg

halloween3-M.png

7A36B807-F624-4115-AB80-7FBE46A536F9.jpeg

Woot!

Noce you have the day off, Charade. Yeah, my kids did a Flat Stanley. He did have quite the adventure for two years. Nice the sun came out.

Wet streets, so a rainy day again for us. And it’s raining now. Lucky us. To not see the sun until tomorrow afternoon. Still some rain to fall until then. But then a high weather system will arrive, and bring us that cool, clear 50‘s, and sunshine tomorrow.

And so, Mischief Night will be a cold and wet one, so hope we hear and see nada, tonight.

Yay, Schumi had me at bacon again. I really do need to buy some this weekend.

Ah tea. Yep, and whatever I can find for breakfast.

Fabulous Friday to all the homies.

@mckennarose thank you for your update and glad you are doing ok.

Update from Em was very sad - her friend and little girl (6) were actually with her dad when he collapsed. She did CPR until the ambulance arrived but she knew he’d gone. Will have to be an autopsy as only in his 60’s and no illness. Very brave of her but must have been very traumatic.

Dry day here on the coast so today we are staying around Sidmouth so I can call into some favourite shops (I have a list of items I want to get for Christmas). There is a beautiful old fashioned family department store here that we noticed on arrival have already done their Christmas windows - very pretty all lit up. Extended season I assume to try and capture the business from tourists early in case of lockdown.

Also visiting the independent lifeboat station which is very close to our hotel - as money from Mum and Dad’s collections were donated to them. Not financially supported through our RNLI though affiliated with shared call outs etc. Every time we came down Dad would ask for something from their little shop so I am popping in to say hello and buy a few bits in his memory.

Will have a couple of stops for sit down and drinks and hoping to end up in gardens at edge of Sidmouth with beautiful views.

So off we go and will return to the hotel for afternoon tea.

Hope everyone is heading to a peaceful weekend x

Julie, so sad about friend’s father. Way too young. Hugs to them, and Em. And yay, more info about your trip. Nice to be able to shop and fond memories of your Dad. Hope you do get that beautiful view.

Eek, food needed.

Woke up to SNOW!!! It's lightly snowing and 36 degrees so it shouldn't last long. It's barely sticking, but I do have to clear the deck after I have my coffee.

Yes, I have been although it’s been since 2016 the last time I was out there.
My daughter may have been working when you were here. Small world!
Yeah, heard tomorrow night cold enough for snow, though weather guy says should only be North of us, that may see some snow.
I didn't realize we would have snow this early in the day. It surprised me.
Thanks!
And so, Mischief Night will be a cold and wet one, so hope we hear and see nada, tonight.
I hope it's too yucky out for the mischief makers tonight. We've been lucky to not have more than a smashed pumpkin a few years ago.
A lot of places are doing trunk-or-treats this year. They are popular, but this year with covid they really took off. DD's employer is hosting one tomorrow and there are a few today in other businesses.
@mckennarose thank you for your update and glad you are doing ok.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear the bad news on friend's family.

Eek, a third report of that icky 4 letter word. Yeah, news showed your snowy area, this morning, McK. Temps should rise enough this afternoon to dry up the snow. But then, as news said, growing season ends tonight with the hard freeze that will be our overnight and early morning frigid temps. High tomorrow is 50, but by early evening, any trick or treaters will be feeling that windy 40 degree temp. Good idea for those trunk or treat. Warm car to trick or treat, yep.

Quick good morning. I am getting ready to take Flat Jonah on a historical adventure. We had more rain overnight, but I woke up to sun and blue skies.

Noce you have the day off, Charade. Yeah, my kids did a Flat Stanley. He did have quite the adventure for two years. Nice the sun came out.
We had fun with flats when B was in Girl Scouts. We hosted a Flat Juliette for another troop. She got to visit B's high school, the university, Disney on Ice, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Great Wolf Lodge. We then created a flat version of B and sent her to several states and one even went to New Zealand. It was a great project.

Update from Em was very sad - her friend and little girl (6) were actually with her dad when he collapsed. She did CPR until the ambulance arrived but she knew he’d gone. Will have to be an autopsy as only in his 60’s and no illness. Very brave of her but must have been very traumatic.
Oh how tragic.I hope the trauma doesn't affect them too badly.

Woke up to SNOW!!!
Seems too early even for the north. We didn't get any snow last winter. I wonder if we will get any this year.

Time for me to go. I'm visiting places that I haven't been to in many years.

Woke up to SNOW!!! It's lightly snowing and 36 degrees so it shouldn't last long. It's barely sticking, but I do have to clear the deck after I have my coffee.

NO!!!! Surely it`s far too early for that anywhere.........please don`t send it over here.....I still want some more autumn!

Thanks for the bacon !
It was delicious Schumi!

lol......glad you enjoyed it!!!

Bacon is always a winner........

Rained most of the morning......sun came out, quickly disappeared and now it`s dulling down, in time to start getting dark in about 90 minutes or so.

Time for tea....haven`t moved in a while and Tom is snoozing.......it`s dark in the house so lamps are on already in some rooms.

Love it! I wait until Nov 1 so I'm good. ;)

So glad we don't have anyone around here that does it! Hope you see a quiet night ahead!

Yay no snow here today! Sun is out but chilly right now - only 30 degrees! But sorry you have snow. The endless deck and driveway clearing is what is the worst!

Thanks for the bacon !
It was delicious Schumi!

Dang I got up to late! Should have set an alarm or I could have had some too. Cereal it is.

I am getting ready to take Flat Jonah on a historical adventure

How fun! Have a great day going to the places you haven't been in a while!

Just gotta make it through today then weekend here we come! Just doing projects around the house but still looking forward to not working! Hopefully going out for a fish fry tonight so easy cooking day too.

We have been lucky with the weather all day but turned stormy as darkness fell.

We went out again with Louie before getting ready for dinner and he still wanted to get onto the beach!

EF070685-9117-43BA-ACEB-717FBE38D6CF.jpeg

We’ve had a good day and walked all over. The strong waves brought a lot of surfers onto the water though coast guards were giving warnings of dangerous swells.

I had a lovely hour in the department store too and bought a few things off my list.

New little Christmas shop has appeared since our last visit.
6A79D0CF-426D-40C8-9039-23DA414B5F53.jpeg
Dinner tonight was good. Kev chose Pork Wellington - I didn’t know there was such a thing. We both chose a lime cheesecake for dessert - pleased to say it was more like Key Lime pie.

Looking forward to my cousin coming down to see us tomorrow from Exeter.

Happy weekend to everyone x

A other nice posting of great pictures, Julie. Like almost any kind of cheesecake.

Request for pizza, so dinner it was.

Bought myself a Disney haunted house shirt. Going to embarrass little one and wear it with my orange pants tomorrow. And my Disney Maleficent Ears.

And yeah, Happy it is a wild night. Hehe.
07C661D2-C8CB-42F1-804B-E834BE879C07.jpeg
Tea and a screen, with throw over me. Perfect, given it’s going to be the coldest we have had in some time. Brrr.

And even happier, Halloween is tomorrow. Yay:
92F40E8D-E5F6-4CBB-A215-FAFED6B826E0.gif

Weather woke us up around 3am...the wind just started up so fast, I think the storm hitting the West Coast has reached us too a little.....it is wild and woolly, and next few days is to be the same, lots of rain forecast everywhere......so no plans for a walk in this weather.

Do have to nip out this morning for fresh ginger, forgot it when shopping, so will be out early as it`s Saturday and stores are busy. Making Tom and I chicken in spicy plum sauce with pineapple, will add ginger to mine, so will stir fry them seperately as he hates fresh ginger...I love it. No rain right now, just high winds.

And it`s Halloween.......although really a non event this year. Our village usually has a party in the village hall, we make food and have games and of course lots of chocolates for the kids......but, not this year. Such a shame. It`s not banned, just no one is really sure whether to go round doors or not. We did drop some bags we made of for certain kids we know well and my friends little granddaughter too. Will do the same today for a couple of kids.

We`ll be having stir fry and watching Halloween and two other movies. Love Halloween night.

Have a wonderful Saturday.........bacon on offer this morning too........🥓🥓

cv74-X2.png

cv44-M.jpg

Munster%20Happy%20Halloween-L.jpg

halloween1-S.png

h1-L.jpg

🎃

4B61AF20-F06C-4120-A5B0-3FC5DEF0FB8C.jpeg

Ah yes, a Halloween Saturday is upon us. Hehe, DH asked if we would put candy out. Oh yes I will. Poor kids will be chilly, so why not? If no taken, well treats for us. Our usual number is 20 or less, and that is because it tends to be just our cul de sac kids, with a friend or a few friends. Some years, a random who are you? Mostly local teens looking for more candy. Don’t care, as you come to my door, you get candy.

Good Mornjng Schumi. Yeah, around here, all parties and last weekend, and town stores giving out candy night was planned. But this year, no town parties, and night local stores give out candy, was cancelled.

When we were without kids, we did go to some Halloween parties, and our kids, have gone to friends’ parties too. But lately, a quiet night for us, and older one and I take turns giving out candy. Have these rather large pumpkins to carve. So by lunchtime, those kids better do theirs, mine too. Takes us hours. Little one and I tend to follow a pattern, older one just carves whatever face he decides to make. He is all about fast. And we will save some seeds, as toast in oven with some salt, Good snack.

But being a Saturday, routine morning. Kids sound asleep, remote and tea cup in my hand.

So to all the homies:
06D1DFB8-5710-4C2B-B23F-08C32AEB5D44.jpeg ::yes::

:dancer:

C0D960D3-C8BE-4F85-83E6-497B903AB634.jpeg

BCD9337C-EB47-4E2F-BEFD-21770057EA01.jpeg
It’s our day to howl here Ordering chicken wings for pre halloween spread. One DS still has to cut his pumpkin. Not a fan of the 5 pm start we have here.
Did get a few extra`s I wasn`t expecting to get today, and nice to see the Christmas stuff is mostly in stores now. I do love roaming around with the christmas music on and all the lights up, but think I may be done before that happens this year. Managing to get through my ever growing list.
I got skunked. It’s weird, maybe a rack of Xmas stuff in most stores & no decorations to speak of...do think they are encouraging online shopping.

Did snag youngest DS his ‘big’ present yesterday, price mistake on a 4K smart tv He’s happy as a clam.:)
Managed to get some new suede ankle boots and full length black leather ones this year.
I always wanted to try a pair of those over the knee boots but then the tacky pretty woman image crossed my mind and I’d quickly put them back
We are here and happy! Even the road trip felt exciting. We did two drive through stops for drinks and a snack and a short walk with Louie. Then arrived and checked in and a walk on the beach. Lovely they remember us and welcome back.
Nice, enjoy! That was a stunning sunset pic.
OOOH my UCF kiddo is doing this! Went for training last weekend-it is a compensated position so she will make a little pocket money.
Good to hear. Nice way for younger generation to get involved
Hope your eyes are ok.
I was taken by surprise it took hours for the permanent procedure, mostly sitting around waiting to see if I had a reaction. One eye isn’t down with the new plan lol but going to wait it out.

Figure now is the time to get all the health odds & ends tied up JIK it’s hard winter
found a small travel size can of Lysol aerosol spray. Does anyone know if I can pack it in my checked luggage?
Officially, no, however, lots of anecdotal reports of it not getting confiscated. Fire is the concern. I went with sanitizing wipes, no issue in checked or carry on. Issue for aerosols is whether medicinal (i.e. intended to be used on your body) or not.
https://travelinglight.com/will-aerosol-cans-explode-in-checked-luggage/
Had a hospital appointment, and what a horrible morning to be out! Rain has been on all day and getting heavier now
Hope all went well!
Two hours on hold with an insurance company. :scared1:

Hope everyone else is having a better day.
Was the music tolerable :)?
Hi all,
Quick check in.... I'm still here and ok. Just going through a lot right now.

Not looking forward to snow tomorrow night, but I turned the hot tub up to 104 today and we'll be ready.

Youngest dd turned 21 and we had a small party. Her boyfriend got accepted to the police academy so we're super proud. We haven't done much else since my docs don't want me traveling or being around people. But youngest will be on spring break in May and her boyfriend will be done with the Police academy in June so we're looking ahead for a trip. If the docs give me the go-ahead, hubby and I will probably take a trip in the early spring. This is the first year in a lllloooonnnnggg time that we haven't been to Florida a few times. But we've been doing some short day trips around here to our beloved wineries and breweries. Autumn in the Poconos is really beautiful! The leaves are still turning, but almost done. The maple tree in my backyard is turning yellow, so we'll be done soon.

I took the time off to finally start my etsy shop. I'm only selling designs now, not products, but it's taken off and doing well so far.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Welcome home. Sounds as though you are , carefully, making your way thru these challenging times. Better days are ahead, hang in there.

You have a really cool Nascar track also that I love!
More suited as an Indy car track. Have heard that they have turned things around the last 5 years or so & improved operations there.

Highway system here equates to it’s one of those we can’t get there from here places in decent time. Traffic issues make it easier to hit other tracks for people in our neck of the woods
Just had some sad news. One of our lovely ladies in the village has passed away suddenly. Her daughter just came to see us earlier to let us know. She was a lovely lady who was one of the first people to welcome us to this village when we moved down here.
Aw, that’s sad
So many thing we count on as "regular" things have been eliminated. Not sure what the winter will bring, other than snow. But we are healthy and together so we can't complain here.
True, gotta count our blessings. Still, we’ve all earned the right to vent, swing away.
Got a man coming out tomorrow to service the boiler.......has to be done every year to keep the guarantee valid. He`ll txt in the morning his time to call.
Held our breath earlier this week that our beast of a boiler would roar back to life :).
Update from Em was very sad - her friend and little girl (6) were actually with her dad when he collapsed. She did CPR until the ambulance arrived but she knew he’d gone. Will have to be an autopsy as only in his 60’s and no illness. Very brave of her but must have been very traumatic
Oh my, how hard to come back from that I’d imagine, poor thing. Hope the child forgets it soon.

Rarely, are autopsies required here unless family requests (OOP $) or police feel foul play.
am getting ready to take Flat Jonah on a historical adventure. We had more rain overnight, but I woke up to sun and blue skies.
Nice to hear flat stanley’s Extended family is getting out & about too :)
It`s not banned, just no one is really sure whether to go round doors or not. We did drop some bags we made of for certain kids we know well and my friends little granddaughter too. Will do the same today for a couple of kids.
several nearby towns have cancelled official festivities. We are planning on more kiddos

Going with setting up a table display near the sidewalk with a take your pick selection that I will replenish frequently. We will set up camp in yard a good 10 yards away, roped off in caution tape.

Just wasn’t good with the concept of interaction with so many unmasked people

Was shocked to hear that two of today’s nearby political rallies are promoting themselves as having candy for the kids in attendance.
Our usual number is 20 or less, and that is because it tends to be just our cul de sac kids, with a friend or a few friends. Some years, a random who are you? Mostly local teens looking for more candy. Don’t care, as you come to my door, you get candy.
Usually 200+ here. We specifically only put up 1/4 of usual decorations to try to not encourage people to make the effort to come down to our isolated area. I did go out and buy more goodies yesterday jik.

Oh, whatever will we do with all that leftover candy, chips, pretzels & Rice Krispie treats? :rolleyes1

Yeah, Keisha, where my DB used to live, he had so many, always asked me for some leftovers, as hundreds on a good night. They come in cars and buses to his old neighborhood. Yeah, only decor now is our pumpkins. Nope, will holler to get going on carving earlier than dinner time. Did that mass hurry when it is a week day.

Hehe, no kid up yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!