Something About Nothing............ #14

I’ll try the bacon with avocado...

Bacon with avocado is gorgeous!! No sour cream here for breakfast Lynne......

I’m quite new to eating avocado as a main part of of dish rather than just guacamole or a slice in a burger......love it!! Enjoy breakfast in Islands mac.......we’re almost ready for lunch! When do you leave after this trip mac......I always forget when folks go home......

Rib roast is in the Aga slowly roasting away.......will put potatoes in much later......a few roasted veg too. Lemon syllabub for dessert......I had prepared meatballs for last night, but put them in freezer instead, will have them another day.

Still raining here......quite heavy too. Planned to walk down and see if there is any fruit left on the trees......farmer next to us came while we were away and took the lot. But there may be a few rogue pears or apples. But, while weather is like this, not wandering down there!!

I miss the heat..........

I wish I could miss the heat as back home temps still in the 90’s

Schumi. I leave Tuesday for home and then tied up once it is Wednesday

Woke up at 3ish but went back to sleep
later for another hour and half

Awake again and plan to
Head to island dining room for breakfast

Gonna have another fun park day

Doing a rip tour this evening
My last hhn night for this season

Absolutely loved ghostbusters house
Have 3 more houses I thought werr super also

Have a great day homies!

What a morning. Around 9, I called Alamo as my one tire was getting flat in my rental. No cars available at the Disney Car Care Center, so had to go back to the airport. After seeing three different people and waiting for new paperwork, took almost an hour. But got a Carolla, since there was not one Camry, just a few Ford and Kia. No way. Was hungry, so stopped at the NEX for some more snacks and fruit, then got to Smash Burgers just after they opened. Yum, freshly fried fries. Still very hot when served. Burger was perfect too. Now back, charging my phone for a bit. Then I will maybe start with the Studios.

Have a nice Sunday, all.

Lynne, I’m at the studios and it is not crowded
I’m going back to the hotel after a couple of rides and horror make up show

Going to rest as coming back before park closes for hhn by 5

That stinks about your car rental
Such an aggravation!!
Vacations are supposed to be glitch free

Lazy Sunday here. We decided to skip church and let B sleep in since she had a rough night the previous night. She had eaten cilantro lime chicken the night she got sick. I don't think she has ever had cilantro before. I am wondering if she has an allergy or sensitivity to it. I am trying to see if I can salvage her shoes. Right now they are covered in stain stick. I am going to let them sit overnight and see if they come clean when I was them tomorrow. If not, I guess we will be replacing the shoes.

Charade I think you’d be ok with Mummy and Hagrids(side car) they are both fast, but no loops or upside down.
That's good to hear. I meant to ride Mummy when I was there back in April, but ran out of time.

Never Thanksgiving dinner?
Nope. We usually eat with friends. There is a couple we know that will host dinner and invite others over to join them. The husband is a really good cook. Occasionally we end up with it being just us (last year the wife of the couple had surgery the day before Thanksgiving, so they did not host dinner), and since there is only 3 of us it makes more sense to eat out than to try to cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Hey, everyone! Thanks for well wishing Mac and I to have a good time. Today, was definitely an interesting day. I just got home. @macraven was a good tour guide and lunch was great. I had so much fun. Amazing how I’ve always heard of RP, but never been there.
Cool that you and Mac got a meetup. The food looks really good.

Charade...glad you’re home safe and sound and your daughter is doing better.....shame she was so bad on a nice weekend away.
Thanks. If she had to get sick I am glad it happened when she was with us and not in the dorm room.

.I can leave off the avocado for those who’d just rather have the bacon....
That would be me. I like bacon, but not a fan of avocado.

What a morning. Around 9, I called Alamo as my one tire was getting flat in my rental. No cars available at the Disney Car Care Center, so had to go back to the airport. After seeing three different people and waiting for new paperwork, took almost an hour. But got a Carolla, since there was not one Camry,
What a pain to have to deal with on vacation. Glad you got it all sorted. Hope the rest of your day is going better.

I think everyone is napping right now except me. I am trying to stay awake so hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight, Charade.

Overcast most of the day, with a nice downpour as I drove to the airport.
F28E8289-FBD8-4912-BF5E-76B1E96F8F3C.jpeg

ah, someday all my pictures will be right side up.

Nice breeze, so in Studios still, may catch the 4:15 animal show. Always fun to see.

Oops, too late for the avocado and bacon :laughing:

@Lynne G, sorry you had to deal with that drama, but at least it appears you're still having fun. Also, great photos again. It's nice to see all the photo ops they have!

@Charade67 It was very nice and it was good. I've always seen the photos of Jacks that @schumigirl has posted in the past and never got a chance, so I can thank @macraven for that experience.

I just got home again after a long day. Woke up before the crack of dawn (didn't sleep much oops) to drive down to Vero to go to church with an old family friend, Dr. Lyon, with my dad. Heard a lot of his stories as well while we had brunch at his place before finally driving back to make late lunch / dinner with my mom.

Today, I also had the Jurassic theme stuck in my head on and off all day, as well as the ET theme. Thanks to riding the boat yesterday and hearing the music coming from Universal when we rode it there and back. Universal was calling my name, but I shall return soon! I'm thinking by the end of Oct, perhaps around the beginning of November.

Sitting in a hotel near the Grand Rapids airport. We fly out for Key West in the morning. It's cheaper to stay here, leave the car, have an included breakfast and shuttle to the airport than it would be to just park at the airport. It's a nice place, Springhill Suites by Marriott. One of my favorite franchises.

Hi all!

I try to get on as much as I can, but there never seems to be a free moment!

Just got back from Orlando this morning. Had a great vacation but it had its ups and downs. In the middle of the week my mom was in excruciating pain in her back and abdomen. She was refusing to go to the ER but I told her I would call the ambulance if she didn’t let me take her. Went to Dr. Philips...which is beautiful but the way...and turned out to be a kidney stone and infection. She stayed overnight, put on antibiotics and passed the stone the following morning. So she was fine for the rest of the trip. My dad got hurt at Aquatica. First, he and my 6 year old got flipped off Tassie Twisters. They hit their heads on the slide and my dad did something to his ribs. They were ok but it took a little bit for my son to get back on the tube slides. Then my father tripped coming out of Roa’s rapids and scraped up his legs petty good. He got treated and is fine, but his legs look like they have been through the cheese grater.

Went to MNSSHP on Thursday....that was fun. Hard for the younger ones though because it was very hot and they just wanted to sleep.

My brother went to HHN last weekend and did the VIP tour and loved it. Can’t wait til my kiddos are older and can do it!

Going to Busch Gardens this weekend for Columbus Day. They put on a pretty good horror display...but can’t have the kiddos there either.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

Well Kfish you only have another 15 years to wait to take the kids to hhn

I’m sure it will be around for many years

Kidney stones are painful
Very good your mom’s stones passed so quickly
Charade has had a few bouts and an er visit for her stones
How she described it, it’s an awful pain

Hope your dad recovers quickly
I’m betting his pain was horrible

I bet you went to bed early this evening
Travel days are tiring for adults but kids get their second win once home and become active like the energizing bunny

Ended my hhn days with a tour (again) tonight
Next year will be # 21 for me

I’m sure all the homies are sleeping
You all will be up before me in the morning
Sleep tight all !

Kfish I hope your parents feel much better now. What a vacation you just had. Have fun at BG this coming weekend. I like that park. And yep, as the kids grow older, new adventures await. Many of us get the fun of bringing our adult kids too. An yeah, I did HHN on Friday, and it was oh so muggy and hot. Lots of stops for water were made.

Mac, hope your last night of HHN was as fun as all the others. At least with the clouds and rain in the area, it was a cooler feeling day, with welcomed wind. If you are out and about today, send me a text if you would like to meet up. I am thinking starting in IOA today.

Good Morning homies. A Monday is here. Have a marvelous one.

@Squirlz Have safe travels! Sorry your had to go through all that @KStarfish82, but it seems you guys still had some fun!

I hope you had a good last HHN, @macraven! It seems you did especially since you came home late again. It sounds like a good start so far @Lynne G. Hope you guys can arrange something.

For those who are not awake yet, good morning and hope it's a good Monday for you!

Good afternoon. Work today was interesting. I was the only one in the office. I had enough stuff to do for a little while, but ended up leaving at 11:45. I went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and now am back home doing laundry.

and turned out to be a kidney stone and infection. She stayed overnight, put on antibiotics and passed the stone the following morning.
Yep, been there, done that except my stone didn't pass. It ended up being a 2 month ordeal for me.

Thinking about taking a little nap.

Still haven’t caught up with posts from last few days.........

I enjoyed our first book group tonight.......The Light Between Oceans was the book of choice, and I just managed to finish it (too busy having fun) incredibly moving book.

Everyone came to our home tonight.......light snacks only....but I did make a chocolate mousse for dessert which I don’t usually like, but I made it with avocado......lol.....only two people guessed.......it was lovely, although I did only eat a little.

Rained all day today.......finally stopped for a little while tonight.

Heading to bed soon.......managed to stay awake every day since we got home......no snoozing at all during the day which is good, but boy am I shattered tonight......

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.........

Me with a minute of work to spare.

It's been slow the past half hour and I didn't sleep well last night so that doesn't help. It's been a relaxing day since it's been raining almost all day. The customers have been relatively well behaved. At least I'm almost done with work and then I have the rest of the day to myself. I hope everyone had a good day today and has a good evening!

Good morning
Rise and shine time!

Time for me to return home today

Seems like this trip has passed by too quickly

Which means ....make new trip plans
Lol

Wouldn’t it be nice to day dream on whatever trip to plan next

I’ll be tied up with another project soon after I return home today so planning to unpack the suitcase and do laundry tonight (and to hug the cats)

This will be a first for me as I usually take days to do that empty out the suitcase
Some trips I don’t deal with laundry for a few days after returning home

Turning over a new leaf
( well for this trip highly doubt it will become a new pattern)

Had a lot of fun in Orlando
Did private and public tours which is a big help for doing Hhn

Hoping next hhn brings back Bill and Ted show
Did rides and had a few trips to City Walk
Was an early riser which was due to Hagrid
Learned to unpack and remember where I put what In the room drawers

Life is easier being more organized!
This has only taken me a lifetime to realize it

Also learned the park looked really nice when I remembered to wear my new glasses
So that is what I have been missing all these past years
Hahaha

Back home later this afternoon
And back to hanging on the boards

It was nice to be able to hang with Lynne, Janet, Disxuni. Andy and many others plus the homies in the private tour

Hope your day is good!

Glad you had such a good trip mac......yes, time to plan the next one.....and hope you have a safe journey home. You know me....I always love to be organised…..bit sad really according to one of my friends.....lol....makes life easier.

Wouldn't it be good if they brought back Bill and Ted for the 30th Anniversary year ::yes::

Beautiful day here today.....so, we went out a walk along the beach, met my friend who`s dog we look after now and again......she was so excited to see us and came pounding along the beach when we called her.......the dog not my friend :rotfl:

Almost time to think about lunch.......still have some rib roast left...may make au jus sandwiches......:)

Safe travels Mac, and lots of good wishes for no issues when you return home. Cats hugging, yes. And hey, you should be home in enough time to do a Taco Bell run for dinner.

Yay, Taco Tuesday is here.

was up at 5:30, and been watching TV. May hit the parks soon, as I rarely, if ever use that early entry. Though I certainly do that over the holidays. The only really good reason to be an early bird.

Making some coffee, and finish my breakfast, and wash up.

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday.

And roast beef sandwiches at Schumi. Yum.

It's Taco Tuesday / WeatherNation Day! Parting is such sweet sorrow, but at least you have next time to look forward to, @macraven! A Bill and Ted revival would be amazing for the 30th, @schumigirl! I've only gotten to see it a few times, but the times I did, it was great.

If you're early might as well take advantage of it @Lynne G, especially if it's rare that you use it. While I've not always had the benefit to use EE I've always got there as early as I can in order to gain entry. Not only to beat the traffic, but I'm an early riser anyway so I thought, might as well? I also I like how quiet it seems in the morning. For Disney, it seems a necessity to do anything though. It seems there is almost never a quiet time there.

Getting a taste of being in the area last Saturday definitely fueled my desire to be at Universal more. I'm thinking sometime in November I should be getting that AP. While almost everything in relation to the cruise I'm going to in a couple of weeks is paid for, I got other responsibilities too and need to be a good noodle before I go.

I hope all the homies have a good day today! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter