Something About Nothing............ #14

Friday it is. All packed up, and may make some of EE. Enjoying the last of my snacks. Then need to wash up and head out.

It has been a lovely trip. Meeting up with Patty, Robo, and Mac. And at least waving to Schumi.

MonyK, great picture, and sorry to hear of cold and rain. I don’t think my neighbor covers the chicken run, but they don’t come out in the rain, and not heard as much in the winter. The coop is heated.

I do miss the fresh eggs sometimes. Neighbor chickens are too old. I am not sure if new chicks will appear when they pass, but I would not be surprised. And yes, Schumi, maybe they got those South American chickens like my neighbor did. We routinely got soft blue, yellow and green colored shelled eggs. Only difference I saw from my grocery eggs, was the times were a more intense yellow. Tasted the same. So nice to get a supply of fresh eggs.

I left with just getting over a sore throat. On Wednesday, I could feel it start once again. Yesterday, the pool was nice, but I felt lousy, so a quick dip and swim around, hot shower, and I was asleep by 9 or so. Woke up around 2:30am, and felt better. Hoping today, I feel even better as I get to the airport. Sinus issues during the flight will not make me happy. Charging my phone and headphones. Hoping a quiet flight.

So, wahoo! It is a Friday. Fabulous one to you all.

You waved to me??

Where were you? I didn't see you in Strong Water at all...….

Hope the sore throat improves.....and no sinus issues when flying.....that is horrible.

Yes, the yolks on these eggs were a very vivid yellow. I can`t eat egg yolks which is a shame, so stick to the whites now, but Tom loves them!!!

That was lunch today.....scrambled egg whites, surprisingly tasty, an avocado and some honey ham......lush!!!

Rain has stopped, but it`s not very nice.

But, it`s Friday...…. :wave2:

Oh I was in the back, neat to the windows. Sorry I did miss ya, Schumi. Hope your weather improves and had a nice sounding lunch.

Make sure to stay safe and I hope everyone has a great day today. We finally made it to Friday, homies!

It looks the weather is going to be kind still tomorrow and relatively cool for the first few hours of opening at MK, so the trip is still a go! Going to stick to a few classics before leaving before it gets too hot.

Happy Friday! I just got back from my annual state car inspection. Next up is a doctor appointment this afternoon. Nothing much else going on for the weekend.

sending you a good nice kiss from this walrus:
And my mind immediately goes to The Beatles.

Cardinals won tonight
Which means my Braves lost. 😢

Last full day. sniff.
Bummer, but time to start planning the next trip.

Luckily all that happened was the leads all happened to have a meeting and the lead CS person just IMed me personally to let me know it's just something we need to make a note of to remind ourselves to do in the future once the meeting was over. This is a relatively new policy, so it's just something we all need to get in the habit of.
Glad everything worked out okay for you.

And today got my pic with Lord Stanley's cup!
Cool.

Now back to watching my Giants lose to the Patriots
I'm not a Giants fan, but I can't stand the Patriots. A former Giant player is from my little town.

I left with just getting over a sore throat. On Wednesday, I could feel it start once again. Yesterday, the pool was nice, but I felt lousy, so a quick dip and swim around, hot shower, and I was asleep by 9 or so. Woke up around 2:30am, and felt better. Hoping today, I feel even better as I get to the airport.
Well wishes for you.

It looks the weather is going to be kind still tomorrow and relatively cool for the first few hours of opening at MK, so the trip is still a go! Going to stick to a few classics before leaving before it gets too hot.
Sounds like a good plan. Wish I could be there too.

I'm off to kill some time before my next appointment. I was just checking yesterday's mail and B got her first credit card offer. No....just no.

Oh I was in the back, neat to the windows. Sorry I did miss ya, Schumi. Hope your weather improves and had a nice sounding lunch.

I never saw you Lynne.

I did scan around when we went in as it was quite quiet, but we just sat at the bar all evening and had a fabulous time as always........ ::yes::

Sounds like a good plan. Wish I could be there too.

I'm off to kill some time before my next appointment. I was just checking yesterday's mail and B got her first credit card offer. No....just no.

I wish you could be here too. It'd be cool to hang!

A credit card offer might not be too bad of a thing, but that is depending on how the person handles it. Due to my phobia of debt due to the horror stories I heard I didn't get my first credit card until a couple of years ago. I had to realize I need it if I want to establish a credit. I just make sure that it's enough that I can afford to pay it off completely each month. I've heard that sometimes it's good to have a little debit before paying it off completely (at least according to my dad :rolleyes:), but I personally prefer to not pay the interest (since the starter ones are 0% and then rack it up high after 6 months, or a year). Either way, credit is getting good, so I'm getting there. I'd rather get rid of it now since I think I'm at a decent place, but I heard also cancelling cards hurts your credit, so I'll just keep snailing along for now. It's good to have a back up though.

She’s an 18 year old, unemployed, college student. Right now she does not need a credit card. We can revisit this idea once she is employed.

In that case, yeah, that's definitely understandable! Besides, those first time offers are tricky for anyone if you do not read the fine print.

Oh well. All happy time away has to end. Just some random sights before I left.

The water was doing designs in rhythm with the music, early in the morning:
9A14B1FD-09DC-4F83-BDAF-96B097EE8B4F.jpeg

Caught the end of the meet and greet with the Sponge Bob gang:
1B4B8986-88E6-4964-B78A-C94024A571EB.jpeg
5BE92AC8-0095-461E-847F-29CFB26EB533.jpeg

And the Dino and Castle from Islands:
6F2F3EA9-AF54-4608-876F-F80D16C2CC6E.jpegE177BA87-1873-4745-9888-6A4221A50407.jpeg

Lastly, as we all know:
AB7BEC43-7BF6-456A-9E61-5B10A79C081F.jpeg

Good Saturday morning........:sunny:

And it is a beautiful morning!! Sun is shining, it`s not too cold and I have all the bedding out on the line......not usual for this time of year......so, might as well take advantage.

No bacon for breakfast this morning as Kyle and Tom went swimming, so bacon for lunch today......

Then, I have no idea what we`re up to......quiet day I think. Saturdays aren't fun to be going to many places....wait till the kiddiewinks are back to school Monday, everything is much quieter.......

Happy Saturday.

Hope the weather is not too hot for Dix at MK today. Enjoy the park.

Tissue box being depleted by me. Ugh. Drugs just taken. Ears rang all last night, so not a good sleep. Cool feeling here, but sun does look like it is mostly out.

Haircut and being legally blonde again. I am so ready to be pampered. Think little one is coming with me. She wants a new cut.

Washing clothes and getting my stuff put away. Cane home, ate dinner, and went to bed.

Good Morning all!

Happy Saturday.

Hope the weather is not too hot for Dix at MK today. Enjoy the park.

Tissue box being depleted by me. Ugh. Drugs just taken. Ears rang all last night, so not a good sleep. Cool feeling here, but sun does look like it is mostly out.

Haircut and being legally blonde again. I am so ready to be pampered. Think little one is coming with me. She wants a new cut.

Washing clothes and getting my stuff put away. Cane home, ate dinner, and went to bed.

Good Morning all!

Feel better Lynne!!! Sucks being ill anytime. Least you got your trip behind you before it struck as bad......

Enjoy that salon time.

Good morning everyone. I have no plans at all for today. I just finished paying bills. Ugh. I still have not received a bill form the hospital for the surgery I had July 1. I was just about to call them when I saw on the news that they have switched to a new billing system and it has been a fiasco. Some people are getting incorrect bills, and some no bills at all. I think that's just about gotten it straightened out and I expect my bill to finally arrive soon.

Yesterday dh was reading something on Facebook about the new "real ID" driver's license that will be a requirement by October 2020 if we plan to fly anywhere. I was looking at what documents would be required. One of them is proof of name change. I had absolutely no idea where our marriage license was. I haven't needed it in 24 years. Thankfully I found it in the first place I looked - in a file in the back of the bottom of my file cabinet. It is now safely in our house safe with other very important documents.

Speaking of file cabinets, I'm off to file all of the bills I just paid.

Lynne - I hope you are able to shake this cold and are feeling better soon.

3A926E2A-5F1E-4CB7-BE87-D80B4A6A996C.jpegHehe, pretty sure I deserved this...JK all in fun, we all had a ball that night!2F094781-5C13-449F-B621-C6D2F4725142.jpegprobably deserved this too haaaaa . The scareactors were pretty lively in the La Bamba lounge08BE7860-0728-4E56-B7D4-E2CC1D478DB8.jpegWho knew their was a rooftop lounge at Fallon’s joint? Tres cool3DC5E719-37ED-4978-9B37-05E0D5E6BB47.jpeganother view from the lounge. Was interesting to find out how they set up some of the lighting features. Such a great time on the HHN RIP! Thanks to Mac for including us yet again!

Since it is almost fluffy bum friday
LOL that phrase needs to catch on!
Safe travel and lots of BG fun, Charade. And will be nice to have B. With you too.

Ah, a Friday is here, and a fraidy cat night will be here. Woot! And am part of this crew:
View attachment 441375
Too bad none of were a good shot. LOL

Just chilling, as I want do not want to be tired tonight. I was last night. But up at 4:30am, as I guess I am still on my schedule. That will soon change, I hope. That’s why I have 3 days after I come home, to get that internal clock back to routine.

So, yesterdaywhen you go just as early entry is ending, walk on rides, like this one:
View attachment 441377

Hehe, little one taught me where the camera was, and I remembered this time. A fun coaster.

So the ☀ Is again givinga blue sky, though I see a few clouds. And hear a crying bird from my room. He is loud.

So, have a fabulous Friday, and hope to get those pictures Patty did, as they were awesome Patty.
Talk about a motley crew :)
would it be awful if I admitted that I never cook for Thanksgiving? We either go to a friends house or eat out. Of course when we go to our friends house we always contribute some this to the meal. It’s usually dessert.
heck no, to each their own. It’s my ‘big’ day for cooking. Today, turkey breasts on a a one day sale. Came home with 6 of them all pushing 10 #. Good thing i have a deep freezer. Will cook 5 of them & a whole ham. Find it difficult to believe that much ‘meat’ is consumed every year but Dh’s Family basically eats the protein & mashed potatoes/gravy. So odd. I’m about the special side dishes.
It is now 4:00 in the morning and we have had to change rooms. Why you ask? Poor B became violently ill around 3:30. It hit her like a ton of bricks and she had no time to get to the bathroom. Unfortunately her suitcase, purse, and the book she was reading were all casualties. She is feeling okay now, so I think it was just something she ate that disagreed with her.
The bad news is the only other available rooms they had were smoking rooms. The good news is that the a/c in this room is not as loud as the other room.

I think B has gone back to sleep. I will probably be awake for at least another hour or so.

We had planned to do some shopping before we went home. If B is feeling up to it I think we will look for another purse and overnight bag for her.
Yikes that sounds daunting, never have gone thru that.
Oh forgot to say.......Keisha......thanks so much for the tip on the Tide Pen.....amazing!! Brought home 3!
Lol welcome to the Tide cult. In all seriousness, was life-changing when i discovered them
Only bacon for me. Do not like avocado or sour cream.
I love sour cream but avocado - no thank you. It tastes like absolutely nothing to me and the texture puts me off.
Rib roast is in the Aga slowly roasting away......
Aga, hmmm think i knew what that was but forgot. Always wanted to make a fancy crown- type rib but afraid I’d mess it up
What a morning. Around 9, I called Alamo as my one tire was getting flat in my rental. No cars available at the Disney Car Care Center, so had to go back to the airport. After seeing three different people and waiting for new paperwork, took almost an hour. But got a Carolla, since there was not one Camry, just a few Ford and Kia. No way. Was hungry, so stopped at the NEX for some more snacks and fruit, then got to Smash Burgers just after they opened. Yum, freshly fried fries. Still very hot when served. Burger was perfect too. Now back, charging my phone for a bit. Then I will maybe start with the Studios.

Have a nice Sunday, all.
Had that happen wit h alamo. Couldn’t understand why they don’t just send a truck out to change the tire. I refused to go to airport. They had us ride in tow truck to their office at the old Peabody hotel...never can remember the new name.
Yep, been there, done that except my stone didn't pass. It ended up being a 2 month ordeal for me.
Another horror story to contemplate. Cannot imagine
but I did make a chocolate mousse for dessert which I don’t usually like, but I made it with avocado......lol.....only two people guessed.......it was lovely, although I did only eat a little.
Again, cannot imagine that dessert lol. I’m sure it tasted lovely tho lol. My mom used to sneak zucchini into nearly everything when the crop exploded in the garden
No Krispy Kreme's near us anymore!:( Probably a good thing as I could eat a dozen of the glazed donuts in one sitting!
Same here, an exit away on turnpike for one. The closest chic fila is also an exit away, yet the other direction. Go figure lol but just as well. Few things come as close as to a warm glazed KK donut
View attachment 442507
Okay, forgot where camera was.
Rainy afternoon, so what do you do? Yep, go back to room and change for some pool time.

Snow? No thank you! Hope warmer weather for ya, Pumpkin.

Peace out, and hope all have a good night, and hope Mac is safely home.

Oh and just think, 11 more Wednesdays until Christmas.:santa:
Thanks for that PSA, 11 more Wednesday eh? Time to panic, i’m Woefully behind in holiday shopping
love the ones with Jerry Orbach.
Gone too soon
May put SW AP on wish list for christmas if good black friday sale.
Last 2 years the sales have been downright dismal. Think last year all I bought was a BOGO all day meal thing.

Need to find last year’s post on it. We will be needing new SW APHs on the Saturday after BF. Let them go this year due to different travel plans. Probably will just pick them up and be done with it. Like having the reserved show seats for the holiday stuff but really didn’t seem to need it for last Xmas or around 4th of July.
She’s an 18 year old, unemployed, college student. Right now she does not need a credit card. We can revisit this idea once she is employed.
Very few college students need or can pay for those sort of predatory type cards. Usually issued in area of $2K After kiddos sign up at a promotional table at a school event, they score a free tshirt or hat. Later the card shows up & without ma & pa knowing they tend to run it up. Parents pay it off to avoid kiddo getting ‘worse credit’ once they find out it’s delinquent.

Yesterday dh was reading something on Facebook about the new "real ID" driver's license that will be a requirement by October 2020 if we plan to fly anywhere. I was looking at what documents would be required. One of them is proof of name change. I had absolutely no idea where our marriage license was. I haven't needed it in 24 years. Thankfully I found it in the first place I looked - in a file in the back of the bottom of my file cabinet. It is now safely in our house safe with other very important documents.
I thought i’d have an issue not having a handle on where my official divorce papers were for the first go-round. Had a copy but not with raised seal.

Showed up at the DL office and was told I didn’t need half the stuff I brought in accordance with the instruction’s on my states (PA) website since I had a passport. Um ok then??? They actually tried to talk us out of getting them since we have passports but IMO much easier to just have the DL in hand when flying within the US. I always pack the passports but they are secured in travel binder.

PS Never occurred to me that you’d need one personal check for each person even if in same household. That’s 2 hours i’ll Never get back lol, had to return the next day with an additional check duh.

Last edited:
Fab pictures Janet!!!

I had no idea there was an area on top of Fallon either??

You’d never really know that dessert was avocado....it’s a strange one. It comes out so silky..... I used to hate them years ago, I think the texture put me off, and yes, didn't like the taste much, except in guacamole......then I’m not sure what I had, but it had avocado in it and boom.......l was enjoying them! Have one or half of one most days......amazingly good for you!

I don’t leave home without one of those pens in my bag.......I don’t think you can buy Tide in the U.K. at all, so haven’t seen anything like that......needless to say........I now have to buy loads for everyone who has seen it!!! ::yes:: Makes a change from Bath and Body requests!!

I’d love to be in America for Thanksgiving.......and yes, I’d be cooking for all I was worth too!!! Turkey and ham.......yum!!!! They’re our Christmas staples over here........

Quiet day and evening here.......

Had an email from Virgin Atlantic today changing our homeward flight time in December.......instead of leaving at 5.30pm, which we thought was early for VA, we now don’t leave till 8.30pm.....few extra hours in Orlando.

Contacted the car service picking us up and they’re fine with a later pick up the day we arrive. We’d just have booked the train if they couldn’t.

Watching not much on tv tonight.......did a whole load of baking, now to try not to eat it all!!

Chinese for dinner. Soup for me. Not hungry.

Think just a sinus cold. I hate feeling sick. So worn out, made older one take little one back to college. I was resting.

Time for chow.

Ooh and great fun pictures, Keisha. I had a great time on the tour.
And really liked the view from that balcony.

Loving all the photos, guys!

So, finally made it home not too long ago. Apparently MK was a popular choice today, as it didn’t take long to fill up and get crowded. Which only reminded me of one of many benefits of Universal which is it being relatively quiet for the first few hours of opening. Only there for a couple of hours before it got hot, but I had a lot of fun and at least I got 2 out of 3 (HM, Pirates, but no PP). Missed the opportunity for rope drop since security was about 45 minutes, which surprised me. Then after that went to the mall for a little shopping for my friend, window shopping for me, then on the way back we spontaneously decided to stop by Dave and Busters to play a little before going home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter