Something About Nothing............ #14

Bomb Cyclone Lynne!!!!! Wow.....hope it passed quickly and your drive to work isn't hampered this morning!!

Monyk…...hope you`re on the mend!!! Those slow moving colds and coughs are awful......belated :bday: to DD and hope she`s better today too, how awful for her to be as bad on her birthday!! Hope you can celebrate today......

Pumpkin....your son was poorly too!!! awww....bless......its horrible to be like that....yes, you don't look for gourmet food when you`re bad....chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are prefect!!! Hope he`s better too...….
And I`m much better today thanks.....no real pain and rinses are helping too. I have a wonderful dentist who has been ours for years....he couldn't see me, so it was a new lady at the other practice I saw....I was terrified going in, but she was so lovely and very gentle. I`d happily see her when my regular guy retires eventually......but I agree, dentists aren't really who you want to be visiting.

So, beautiful Thursday morning........

Kyle has the day off so him and Tom are away having car fun!!! I`m still nursing a slightly tender face from having the tooth removed, so I stayed home...…….they`ll have fun!!! Sports car racing is always fun...….

They`ll be back after lunch, so I`m doing trip report and laundry.....while having salt water mouthwashes every now and again...…:sick: It`s not too bad this morning thankfully. Just a little tender and if I smile too hard it hurts, so no smiling this morning!!!

Scrambled egg whites for breakfast.......I missed the bacon, have to admit......pancakes and honey ham for lunch as it`s easy to eat.

Chicken mac n cheese for dinner tonight.......soft and also easy to eat......

Have a great Thursday all.......

Oh I hope you are feeling better and get to eat more stuff soon, Schumi. Nice to have a quiet house, sometimes. With the nicer weather, great that Tom and Kyle get to enjoy some car racing fun.

Ack, the only sound I heard when exiting the house was the wind. Noisy. And thanks, all that debris on my car, bye bye, as I picked up speed. Leaves and bits around, with some knocked over stuff in the road. And what? Why is everyone up at this hour? Had cars in my neighborhood, and more as I got closer. And a back up at the entry? Oh, I know why. Sometimes it's faster than others. No matter, I can wait. Still dark as dark, today, with a cooler feeling 50 at start. Guess the thermometer is not moving much today. At least that rain bomb is gone, but not the wind. We get to enjoy a Winnie the Pooh's blustery kinda day.

And a huge grrrr. SW again is messing with my plans. From a 5pm direct fight the day we leave the cruise, to the only now direct flight at 9:55am. I am beyond angry at that one. And no, we can't stay another night, and really don't want to cancel that cruise. Only hope I have is that I will be parking at port, (let's hope my rental is the same or lower), and that we have no traffic to the airport and get our butts out of the boat and thru customs pronto. I'm going to let my TA know to tell Carnival, and I hope I can change that flight info in my Carnival profile. It was one thing losing some park time, it's another thing, to have to endure a hope we make it, if all goes right. And no, driving to another airport is not really beneficial, either. Sigh. Maybe I can see if rental is cheaper to do a one way, instead of same, as at least MCO has an afternoon direct flight. I am good with changes, but it doesn't make me happy sometimes. Off to see what I can do.

Happy Thursday, all! Well wishes to Schumi, MonyK, and Pumpkin's son. May you all be well pronto, and mummy dust sent.

It sounds like a few people are having some health issues which is a bummer. I hope all is well soon. It's never fun to not be their 100%.

I never got to post anything yesterday due to the fact that work was consistently busy in the morning and then we had a massive outage that lasted several hours. After work, we went out for dinner and by the time I did that and we did a little grocery shopping I was done. I've not been a good noodle as I still haven't packed anything. Oops. At least today I put a few pieces on the side I've decided I'd wear. Is that process? Probably not, but it's something.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday! We're all almost at the end of the week!

They`ll be back after lunch, so I`m doing trip report and laundry.....while having salt water mouthwashes every now and again...…:sick: It`s not too bad this morning thankfully. Just a little tender and if I smile too hard it hurts, so no smiling this morning!!!
That is not fun...but it sounds like your on the mend. I don't mind being home alone for a little while...but I miss the family if they are gone too long. The dh has been away for 3 days now...and I"m starting to miss him. I hope Kyle and Tom had fun racing :drive: :car:
And a huge grrrr. SW again is messing with my plans. From a 5pm direct fight the day we leave the cruise, to the only now direct flight at 9:55am. I am beyond angry at that one. And no, we can't stay another night, and really don't want to cancel that cruise. Only hope I have is that I will be parking at port, (let's hope my rental is the same or lower), and that we have no traffic to the airport and get our butts out of the boat and thru customs pronto. I'm going to let my TA know to tell Carnival, and I hope I can change that flight info in my Carnival profile. It was one thing losing some park time, it's another thing, to have to endure a hope we make it, if all goes right. And no, driving to another airport is not really beneficial, either. Sigh. Maybe I can see if rental is cheaper to do a one way, instead of same, as at least MCO has an afternoon direct flight. I am good with changes, but it doesn't make me happy sometimes. Off to see what I can do.
Ugh...that is just not fun. I hate it when airlines do that. It just messes everything up. I hope your able to find a solution.

I've not been a good noodle as I still haven't packed anything. Oops. At least today I put a few pieces on the side I've decided I'd wear. Is that process? Probably not, but it's something.
I'm a last minute packer. I will make a pile of clothes ( if I'm not already wearing them ) that will be ready to pack. But most things I'll pack the day before...and I'll have a check list of things I want to make sure to pack and not forget. But soon you'll have a beverage in your hand as your ship leaves port and all your worries too!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!

It's a nice sunny warmish ( warmer for Oct here ) and it's glorious. Heading out over my lunch to enjoy the sunshine. Have a great day everyone :wave2:

Lynne, sorry about the flight change, hope it can get sorted. Good luck with that! And wild and wooly weather.......although we had a beautiful and warmish day today, I think the wind has to hit us over the weekend......not nice.

Pumpkin......thanks, feeling much better! Yes, I love the house to myself for a short time.......but it does feel empty rattling around on my own for too long now. Yet, for years I was used to Tom being away now and again for work with his business, and Kyle at school or Uni.....I can potter around for hours really doing little jobs I put off now and again.......
Yes, Pumpkin, I’m a last minute packer too, don‘t see the need to pack early. Glad you have nicer weather today too......we must live in a similar micro climate......lol.......although hopefully not when you get snow!!! :)

Hope the weather doesn’t get too bad this weekend as a friend is having an Autumn Barbecue........a bit like a Guy Fawkes Bonfire night bbq, just early........we’re not going as my mouth isn’t quite up to her over done steaks and dried up meats! She throws a wonderful party, but needs to leave the grilling to her husband.......he’s fabulous at it, but she thinks she is too! We’ll be at home in the warm. Might get Chinese or Indian takeout Saturday night.

Lazy night tonight.........chicken mac n cheese was delicious......and easy to eat!

You sound a little more responsible than me @Pumpkin1172 even though you pack at the last minute since you got your check list down. I usually toss my clothes, toothbrush and brush, charger, and done. However, I'm not used to traveling this long and I have more to remember so I will be taking it more seriously. At least I put a few things on the side I decided to wear and typically I do not even do that.

At the last minute yesterday I requested tomorrow off as well, which surprisingly got accepted, but they told me to give more a notice next time. Took it off since not only yesterday was rough, but also that way I have no excuses. As the more I think about it the more I realize little things I still need to do (other than packing).

Still haven't heard from @Lynne G again today. I hope all is well and works out just like @schumigirl said.

Yep, bad hair day, just bill paid and eating at Taco Bell.

Funny thing, Pumpkin, made Mac and Cheese with Boone ground beef. None left, as per the usual.

Dix, no matter how many days, still a last minute packer.

And, after seeing what else I could do, end ip leaving as is, and hoping all the fastest works in our favor.

Just stopping by to let everyone know I’m alive, lol. It’s been busy around here. Then for past week I just felt really tired. Don’t know why. But starting to feel better.
Had an interesting Thanksgiving lol! Youngest decided to host. Her first. DH has been in Vegas on golf tournament. Coming back tonight. We had dinner Sunday. I must preface with my daughter can be stubborn lol. So.....she didn’t want any help, wanted to do it all herself. Of course I bought the turkey, and made our traditional yam/pineapple casserole. She did ask what I put in the stuffing but that was about it. I got there around 4:00 with older daughter. She wouldn’t let me do anything. So it was interesting. She got timing of Turkey off! Everything was ready but the bird. Then she decided to brown up the top of one of the casseroles and put it under broiler, then walked away :-0. Smoke alarm goes off, top of casserole burnt, had to take it outside. So was an interesting dinner and a learning experience for her!
But it was wonderful too. Anytime our family gets together for holiday dinners is the best! Next year I’m sure we’ll laugh about this one!

Hope everyone is well. Guess everyone is back from summer holiday. Time to start thinking about next one. Today I booked WDW for early August with oldest DD. She is more of a WDW fan. Sadly she only gets first 2 weeks of August off work. She’s going to ask boss if she can get a few days extra. Like last week of July. Have to go to Deerfield Beach first to see family. I booked 10 days WDW, so doesn’t give much time for Deerfield. For the WDW peeps, I booked Caribbean Beach.

Have to go finish dinner, made a Bolognese sauce in my Instant Pot. Pasta cooking on stove.

Hey, Sue. Glad to see you pop in here. Pasta, yum, one of our usual dinner starches. HeHe, well, at least that's how you learn to cook a meal for others. Glad no one was hurt, and the meal was still good enough for all to eat. And yay! For a summer trip planned. I'd like to take little one back to the Dark Side right before she goes back, but not sure what her summer plans are yet. Still may work at the camp, but not sure yet. Those decisions tend to be in the early Spring for us. When SW opens the flights.

Dix, so nice you have the day off, to get ready. Have an awesome time on your cruise and safe travels to the port and back. I assume you're close enough not to have to fly, but drive.

And hope Schumi is not as sore in the mouth today. Hope you are able to eat quite normally again.

Finally, a big WAHOO! Friday is upon us, and I am so happy about that. Was out and about around dinner time last night, and when I came home, there was nothing on the tube so next thing you know, older one said, wake up, it's 9:30 and Dad is home. Sigh. And was 10 minutes later in my commute. Seems went back to sleep when DH left, as I get up, as he leaves. Must have been quiet. Will be a nice week end. The rain chances get less, and the temps rise a bit. High 60's. May be time to go to the Zoo. Whether I'll have company or not is a hmmm, as don't know older one or little one's plans for the week-end. Older one starts to house and dog sit later today. Dsis is enjoying a birthday trip and will be back on Wednesday. So she called to tell older one, she stocked the frig for him. She's so nice, and the dog, loves older one. At least from her house, the trip to his college is about the same amount of time, as from our house. So, he'll be fine. And he so enjoys not sharing bandwidth. Me too, as DH usually is not home much on the week-ends.

445217 So, it's a Friday. peeps! Make it a fabulous, freaky one. Halloween will be here soon enough. Enjoy your week-end too!
445216 - do it. It's a Friday, of course. And, 445218 ::yes::

HeHe,
445214 :)

I so need tea. Thinking seriously having some coffee too. Cough and sore throat, go away, like now. Later homies. Be good. And sending well wishes to those who need some.

:wave2: Coffee and tea so far. We are having frost warnings for early tomorrow morning, 2am until 9 am. Brr, coldest night in months.

And yay, little one said would Boo at the Zoo with me. Coffee run on the way, for sure. Hey, where are my gloves!

:wave2: Coffee and tea so far. We are having frost warnings for early tomorrow morning, 2am until 9 am. Brr, coldest night in months.

And yay, little one said would Boo at the Zoo with me. Coffee run on the way, for sure. Hey, where are my gloves!

Now, that sounds like a Halloween themed zoo visit Lynne.....or am I still thinking of HHN things too much lol........have fun! I do love a frosty morning though with some hazy sunshine, perfect for a walk up in the forest behind us.......beautiful walks there.

Cold here too, low 40’s tonight........our cars aren’t in the garages tonight, and are already covered in dampness........house is warm and cosy though.

No plans to go out tomorrow.....Kyle is out most of the day, so will get on with some housework and odd little jobs I like to do like clearing closets and drawers.......maybe some kitchen cabinets too.

Home made meatballs, sauce and pasta tonight, tomorrow it’s either stir fry or takeout......will see how I feel tomorrow.......

Quiet Friday night watching a movie.........

Well, more like Mickey one, Schumi, as for families. Will bring a bag. Last time, stuffed pockets and ate some. Years ago, haul was much better than now. Think they still may have something chocolate, at least I hope so.

Seems like pasta is a theme here this week! tonight just soup & sandwich for me. I didn’t feel like eating much. Just got some bad news earlier today about my mom. She’s not doing well. Not unexpected, shes been on a slow decline for years, but still difficult. Today I spent much of the day on the phone.
But life goes on. Tomorrow evening we’re going to a family friends wedding celebration dinner.

Halloween is just around the corner.....it`s that kind of day!!!

Saturday and it`s been raining all night......so, a little miserable outside and we have no plans to go out at all....hope it dries up for my friends Autumn themed barbecue gathering tonight......I`m kind of glad we said we wouldn't be there......

Laundry has been done and is drying or waiting to be ironed......I`m glad I don`t mind ironing.......

Lunch is to be decided yet, but dinner is Chinese takeout......no cooking today.....

Have a great Saturday......

Wild and woolly night here again........rain was sweeping in sideways from the sea earlier......we thought it was snow at one point, but just rain.

My friends Autumn bbq was postponed......I’m not surprised.......our Chinese takeout was so good......we got a banquet selection and four of us devoured it easily....there wasn’t much left over, but we don’t ever reheat take out food anyway. Made a pavlova for dessert which went down well...

Went through to the big tv room, watched a movie and Queen in concert at Wembley in 1986.....fabulous......

Love a Saturday night like this.......:)

Rainy day here. All week really.
It was family friends day today it seems. Both daughters of an old friend stopped by with their children. I’ve known those girls since they were little! They’re similar ages to my girls. Lovely to see them.

This evening we were invited out for dinner to my youngest daughters BFF since gr 9 They’re still close friends and we’ve become friends of her parents too, since it seemed all thru high school they were either here or at friends house. She’s now married and dinner was a family get together to celebrate the marriage. Just got home, the marine fog is starting to roll in.

I felt truly blessed today to have such wonderful young women in my life. It’s been a joy to watch them grow up to be the lovely people they are today.
Church tomorrow.

Aww, that is so nice to connect with all last night Sue. Hope your weather is not wet anymore.

Quiet house. Little one was not feeling well, so she decided to stay overnight, and I will take her back later today, with some medicine I had her take last night. I will let her sleep, as she is not an early bird, like me.
Tea is made, so enjoying a blanket over me, and having TV control. Perfect Sunday morning for me.

And last night, did get a fashion show from little one. Our shopping early in the day only made us realize what was in her closet was the best chance. Picked two dresses that she will bring for the church, as one is better if the weather is nicer, and one that if too cool to wear the other. And will bring shoes to match, as I think the one pair of shoes is better with the one dress, and the other pair go perfect with that dress. And, a very pretty, sparkly dress and sparkly shoes for the reception. Since we are driving, no issue with bringing a bigger bag. Wedding is Saturday afternoon, with evening reception. I so hope nice weathered weekend for the wedding.

Have a super sized Sunday, all. And hope the sun shines brightly bringing warmth to all.

Hope Squirlz is still enjoying KW, and Dix is on the high seas, having cruise fun.

Well wishes to Schumi and those who need some mummy healing dust.

Hey Patty, Robo, Tink, MonyK and Mac, hope all is well with you, and thinking good thoughts.

Love it being under 40 days till we leave again!!!!!

Need to check DS clothes and make sure he`s got what he needs for this next trip.....I think we`ll take a mixture of warm and cold clothes this year.....just in case......we had one freezing cold day last December, the rest of the time it was high to mid 80`s every day. But that one day was bitter!

It has rained here all day...and heavy!!!! It`s still on, the wind is still there and it`s colder now......and our clocks go back next weekend......winter will be here soon enough...….

Lynne...outfits sound so lovely......I love weddings, always a good reason for lovely outfits! Hope DD is feeling better today, it`s never nice when they`re poorly, and not close by where you can take care of them......

Time to go check on the chicken and give it a little baste...…..

Have a great Sunday...…..

Last edited:
Hi Lynne, still Raining. Rain thru Monday. Tuesday supposed to stop for a few days. Very exciting getting ready for a wedding.

I just heard from my brother who is now down in Florida with mom. It doesn’t look good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter