Something About Nothing............ #14

@Lynne G wow you sure did a lot of baking! Sounds yummy. Had to laugh at your pics, my friend has a pic of her cat peeking out of the tree! Lucky for me, I’ve never had an cat or dog that bothered the tree. One cat just used to love sleeping under it.

Last night here........

Had an amazing trip. Had some nice park time, ate in some lovely restaurants and even had a very special breakfast this morning in Islands Restaurant........

Haven‘t wandered far with the car except for Kennedy......but we’ve loved every second........and completed around 70 nights here this year alone. Been absolutely perfect!

Very late check out tomorrow.......so some park time in the morning.....

Weather has been glorious, except for a couple of cooler days, but they weren’t that bad anyway. Hey....sun was shining.......going back home to some wild and wooly weather.......

Did online check in for flight tomorrow night......showing as on time which is good I guess.

Catch up soon......:wave2:

Last night here........

Had an amazing trip. Had some nice park time, ate in some lovely restaurants and even had a very special breakfast this morning in Islands Restaurant........

Haven‘t wandered far with the car except for Kennedy......but we’ve loved every second........and completed around 70 nights here this year alone. Been absolutely perfect!

Very late check out tomorrow.......so some park time in the morning.....

Weather has been glorious, except for a couple of cooler days, but they weren’t that bad anyway. Hey....sun was shining.......going back home to some wild and wooly weather.......

Did online check in for flight tomorrow night......showing as on time which is good I guess.

Catch up soon......:wave2:
Saw you tonight. Maybe see you in the morning to say bye. Either way, safe travels and lovely to see you again!

Safe travels, Schumi. And happy to hear you had a lovely time with your family. Enjoy the park time before you have to arrive at the airport.

And for wild weather. 53 out this morning, with some rain later today. Then snow tomorrow. Yes, snow. Sigh. Wild and wooly, oh yeah. Brisk wind as I walked from my car. And roads still wet, so was good when you were the lead dog. If not, windshield wipe needed at times. Dirty cars, with all that ick wet spraying from the road.

Good Morning, all! Hello Tuesday. Yes, Taco Tuesday is here. The day when Mac tends to do a Taco Bell run.

Off to have some tea. Have a terrific Tuesday, and hope all are doing well. Sending mummy dust and good thoughts to all the homies, family or friend, that needs some. Take care, eat a taco or two, and hey, the week is marching to the week-end.
Closer to Christmas, ya know. :santa:

Schumi safe travels home !

I’m sure you had an awesome vacation with your son and will have many smiling pictures of your boys to share with us

no snow here but a drizzle of rain this morning

it should clear up soon and be sunshine here

you bet Lynne..... Taco Bell is calling my name today!

Safe travels to Schumi and Tom! Mac enjoy your Taco Bell tonight! I’m going out for Sushi/Japanese before the Christmas concert tonight. Haven’t been to this restaurant so not sure what I’ll order.
Busy day for me. Have nail appt this morning, then meeting a friend for lunch Before dinner out and concert. Tis the season.

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in. I did read yesterday...but got carried away and didn't get to post yesterday :o

Sounds like everyone and busy gearing up with either shopping, baking, parties and all the wonderful holiday stuff!!!

We finally got the tree decorated last night. The hubby and boys picked it out and set it up Saturday...but with our busy weekend...we didn't get it decorated until yesterday. Now it finally feels like Christmas has started at our home. We knocked out most of the shopping on Sunday morning, then the hubby was Santa for the children's party the company puts on. It was soooo great to just sit back and watch him with all the little ones.

Hoping to get started on some baking tomorrow night. I have to pick up a couple of items tonight after work so that I can get started. Working a short shift tonight again and I hope it goes fast.

Well, I should get finished the last of my spreadsheets of the day. Have a great evening everyone!!!!! :wave2:

Rained the whole day. Sigh.

What for dinner, no taco, but tater, cheeseburger with eggs mixed in. Yep, a one skillet meal.

Yay, Sue getting pampered and Pumpkin in the Christmas mode. And woot! Mac getting a 🌮 today.

Quiet night, so fitting.

Close Lynne
Had the rolled chicken tacos and bell grande nachos for lunch

Has rained all day here but will stop soon
Warmer temps tomorrow

was watching the weather channel and oh my goodness, all that snow !

Hope Schumi has a pleasant flight tonight
Looking forward to her next trip report!

Sue, hope your sushi dinner was great
and the concert entertaining!

Pumpkin, yay.. feeling like Christmas now your tree and decorations are up

Why yes it is. A snowing commute, at 34 degrees. Thankful I have AWD, and that we are above freezing. Yes, that time of year, when, ooh, a short sleeve day, to sigh, back to sweatshirt. 20 degrees difference, negatively, from yesterday's morning. Bit of a breeze, so feels even colder as I walked into the building.

And oh yes, that little heater is on. I may turn it off soon, it's kinda noisy, but hey, makes the office feels much warmer. The vent in my ceiling, quiet. Such the life.

But yay, it is a Hump Day! Hello camel! Reminder to all:
458048 ::yes::

Oh, and Keisha, did you know? 458049 :laughing: yeah, 458051 :)

With that, a toasty feeling air, tea is on its second cup, and blueberry bread is tasty. Good day homies! That is, make it a good day, this Wednesday.

Be good homies. :santa:

Good morning. Nothing interesting to post about this morning. Hoping for a quiet day at work.

I guess Shumi should be safely back home by now.

Pumpkin - Congrats on getting the tree up and most of the shopping done. I still need to get a few more things.

Lynne - Stay safe in the snow. No snow or us. Just cold and wet.

I need to come up with a $5 gift for a party this Saturday. We're doing that game where you can steal gifts from other people. I think some call it dirty Santa. Not my favorite party game.

Me either Charade. I do not enjoy that game. And most of the time, I ended up with something I drop off to the resale place on the way home. Mine were $20 or less. Even better, none are thinking of doing it this year. No sadness from me about that.

Off for more tea. It's just not that warm enough for me.

Ooh, coffee. Yes, ma'am.

Magically disappeared a few days. Whoops.

Good morning, homies! It's hump day already!

The wedding was absolutely lovely. Although there was a lot of drama behind the scenes and while it was troubling what had happened I am glad there was no scenes (at least not inside the venue itself) and it was hidden from the bride. The only thing she stressed about was getting herself and everyone else on the ship on time to do the wedding and as you can tell we made it! Now she just has to enjoy the next week of cruising with her new husband.

Took a couple of days off afterward due to the fact I have a few vacation days to take. One was spent relaxing after the chaos of the wedding / hanging out with a good old friend in the evening and the other day was traveling to spent a few hours with a couple of cousins of mine. Got one more to spend which I am taking next Friday to go a little more northern FL with my parents to stay a couple of days up there.

I hope everything is going well with everyone's shopping, wrapping, and baking! Those that are traveling stay safe on the roads and the sky. Attempted to make chocolates Monday and that didn't go as well as I planned, so having to experiment a little more and perhaps try less ingredients (as the molds aren't that big). It was good, but not as good as I wanted it to be and didn't look neat. It was chocolate, a few mini m&m's, a couple of raisins, and a small piece of pretzel with more chocolate on top.

The sans thread made it in the Dis Daily Updates again today
If you are a newbie here and reading, Welcome to the Darkside!

We are a chat thread and we talk about everything that’s on our minds

When Schumi returns from her vacation I am sure bacon will be a hot topic

Good morning. Nothing interesting to post about this morning. Hoping for a quiet day at work.

I need to come up with a $5 gift for a party this Saturday. We're doing that game where you can steal gifts from other people. I think some call it dirty Santa. Not my favorite party game.
Why don’t you do the gift in pennies?
Wrap them in tissue and in a box to muffle the coin clanging sound

Let the person that chooses that gift lug around all those coins
Or do half in pennies rest in dimes

Good morning all. Rained all day yesterday. The misty fine drizzling rain. But got on with it anyway. Lunch with friend was very nice. And the dinner and symphony Christmas concert was wonderful as always.
Bonus, we got our Nexus cards in the mail too! I was surprised because we were told it would take 3 weeks. So getting it under 2 weeks was a bonus! Now I’m all set for my January trip!

Today is the school district retiree lunch. Turkey with all the trimmings. We do a small gift exchange and bring food bank donation.

Lynne love the Johnny Dept dog lol!

Pumpkin congrats on getting the tree done! Must smell great in your house. That’s the one thing I miss about having artificial tree. The great smell.

:wave2: just a quick stop in!

Slow day today at work. I'm thinking it will be like this until we close for the Christmas break. My lists are made with last minute things to pick up for gifts and a few things for making some tasty treats. I finally ordered some pictures from the DD's wedding to put into the family christmas cards. It's always hard to tell which pictures will look great from your phone ( or the file of photos from the wedding photographer ) So I did a few of the ones I wanted and will pick from there. Hopefully Friday I can send out all our packages for christmas.

Can't wait to get home and just relax. Weather is getting colder again...and I just want to crawl under a blanket. I had a friend place an order for 2 four foot porch signs...so I will get started on those tonight. Get the base colors done them.

Only a little more than a week before we sit the winter solstice - then the days start to get longer again. I hate that it's almost dark by the time I leave work at 4:30. Oh well...not much longer and then the days will start to get longer.

Have a great rest of your day everyone. Hoping to check in a little late and hope that I can actually say I made some progress on the porch boards tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!