Something About Nothing............ #14

And......we’re home.....

It is freezing here.......we left 89F yesterday.......it’s 32F here.......

Had an excellent flight home......not one squawking child and no disturbances.......we do love flying Virgin Premium. Thank you for all the safe travel wishes.......

We had a wonderful 11 nights in Orlando and made some amazing new memories.......caught up with our lovely Australian friends from 2 years ago......that was so nice, we had spent a lot of time chatting to them last time and loved chatting to them again this time......we also had some fabulous park time, but did enjoy just having some lazy family time too.

Universal Orlando Resort does Christmas so well.......perfect for us.....not too much and very understated. Maybe not for everyone, but we love it.

Had some lovely food and loved staying at RP again.......we loved every second. Even the two chilly days we had.......it was fabulous.

Haven‘t caught up with recent posts, but hope all are ok.....and yes mac, for sure bacon is a hot topic!!! Our first breakfast at the airport this morning when we landed.....:thumbsup2

Voting tomorrow in our General Election......then grocery shopping and getting rest of laundry washed and dried and ironed of course.......most of it was done today, but I wash everything when we come home whether it was worn or not.....being stuck in a suitcase for all those hours.....not very nice. Also have a few things to finalise for our Berries and Bubbles Charity night on Saturday night.......looking forward to that.......

But, back to normal for a while........managed to stay awake all day today as we slept on the plane and in the car coming home.......I think Tom is enjoying using the car service Instead of a 3-4 hour drive home after an overnight flight.

10.30pm here, trying to stay up another half hour or so........:faint:

Yay! A came home live post from Schumi! Happy to hear flight and ride back was perfect, and back to routine is not a bad thing. Yep, I wash everything in my suitcase too, even if I don't remember wearing it. And bacon, ah. Not for me today. More like a week-end or day off time to cook it. And much enjoy the charity party on Saturday. So nice, and sounds like a great holiday way to help others out.

Ack, at 12:12am this morning, was the fullest moon we will see in quite awhile. I was up to see it, then promptly back to sleep. Beautiful white moon in the clear sky as I commuted. Yeah, you can tell, at 27F degrees out, that high weather system had chased all the warm weather clouds away. And weather guy said we will be having lots of sun today, but cool feeling, with a wind that will make it a below average temp, cooler day. Warm jacket, gloves, hat and sunglasses for lunchtime walk today.

So458251,did you know it's 458252 ::yes::

Time for tea, and I am sure Schumi will be enjoying a proper cup of tea today too. Well, mine will not be English breakfast tea. Ah, the little heater is working fine. Later homies. I'm drinking up, and so should you. Raise a glass or two, a cup or two, or bottle of two, and just think, tomorrow is indeed Friday. And since a full week this week, will certainly plan for a 3 day week-end next week. Priorities ya know. LOL

Good morning. Last day of work for this week. Yay! Tomorrow will be a shopping day. A miracle happened. I actually got my mother to tell me something that she would like for Christmas. I usually just send her a gift card.

Last night dh was watching Forged in Fire. The final project was throwing exes. Dh commented about how cool it was. I googled and found an axe throwing place about an hour away. I emailed them to see if they offer gift cards

Time to go to work. Hope everyone has a nice Thursday.

So like typos, as very fat fingers for me. Throwing exes sounds perfect for some. LOL

I think I even saw that activity in my Groupon/Living Social feed. May want to check that out too, Charade.

Good Morning to Charade and Dix. Sunny, sunny, sunny here.

And ooh, bagels in our new break area. And a toaster too. Hello an early brunch.

Thanks Lynne...….it`s nice to be home, even if it is freezing cold. Any tea is usually good......love some English Breakfast first thing in the morning....although one of the managers at the hotel gave me a box of their ginger tea as I mentioned I liked it, so I have a whole box to get through......very kind of them! Yes, shorter working weeks are always good!!! How`s the new office working out???

Slept amazingly well last night.....we all did. Got up around 5.30am wide awake.......and ploughing through the rest of the laundry...not much to do now. Just the last of the ironing.....I know some of you don`t iron, but I quite enjoy it...once I get started.

Went grocery shopping, picked up a few Christmas gifts, voted in the General Election, sorted out some problems with the Charity event for Saturday and have been baking most of the afternoon. Mainly for Christmas......

Also picked up a few more decorations from the Christmas Store in IOA, so have put them on the tree too. Looks nice. And a new water Christmassy thing from there too.......it sits on one of the mantles. Looks nice.

Raining now, and almost dark.......trees are all lit up and a few lamps here and there....looks very cosy and all out outdoor lights have been done for us while we were away......very happy with them.

Not feeling like cooking just yet......so dinner is charcuterie and few other little bits and pieces.....will maybe cook next week sometime....

Hope everyone is good.......oh and yes mac......bacon was enjoyed this morning......biggest bacon sandwich ever....... :thumbsup2

Oh someone asked pages and pages back what a bacon roll was......a roll is just another name for a type of bread bun or bap......delicious!!!

I seem to be the queen of Christmas typos. Last year I was getting him a French “dress”. One day I will learn to proofread.

Sometimes I read things 10x and still seem to always miss something. I'm just glad I stop myself from saying Good afternoon when it's morning in emails at my work, or use last names instead of first names. I did that on and off for awhile I've gotten out of the habit of it for the most part.

Favorite incident is when I was exhausted one day and it was the last half hour of the day I was writing an email and wrote, "Good afternoon, Gorgeous," instead of "Good afternoon, George" to a co-worker. Luckily, mid-typing I immediately noticed it, backspaced it, and had a good laugh.

Oh don't worry Charade. We all don't proofread one time or the other. I've been know to have typos in many a post.

Yum, now full. Toasted just right bagel, cream cheese and jam, oh yeah. And ooh, someone left a coffee pod in the that coffee pod machine, so enjoying a cup of coffee now too. Don't mind if coffee was not that strong. And did look at the pod, and yep, was a strong coffee one, so yay, for me.

Morning is dragging, but beautiful rays of sun pouring through my window. And clear enough can see quite far, into the center of the City. Nice.

Doing some pick ups, bill paying later today, and offered older one a meal out, if he'd tag along. Grumble when I called him around 8:30 this morning. Hoping he is a good sport, and does go with me. Makes it easier when another can hold, or go get that.

Oh, and I like bacon rolls. At least the ones around where I live. There's an Italian place that does them with spinach, and huge. Cooked in the pizza ovens. Yum.

Yeah, if it's not weather, the SANS talks about, it's food. :cool2:

:rockband:

Oh don't worry Charade. We all don't proofread one time or the other. I've been know to have typos in many a post.

Yum, now full. Toasted just right bagel, cream cheese and jam, oh yeah. And ooh, someone left a coffee pod in the that coffee pod machine, so enjoying a cup of coffee now too. Don't mind if coffee was not that strong. And did look at the pod, and yep, was a strong coffee one, so yay, for me.

Morning is dragging, but beautiful rays of sun pouring through my window. And clear enough can see quite far, into the center of the City. Nice.

Doing some pick ups, bill paying later today, and offered older one a meal out, if he'd tag along. Grumble when I called him around 8:30 this morning. Hoping he is a good sport, and does go with me. Makes it easier when another can hold, or go get that.

Oh, and I like bacon rolls. At least the ones around where I live. There's an Italian place that does them with spinach, and huge. Cooked in the pizza ovens. Yum.

Yeah, if it's not weather, the SANS talks about, it's food. :cool2:

:rockband:

I think a bacon roll is somewhat different here and there...…..a bread roll is already baked and cold, buy them in grocery stores beside breads. You cut it open, butter it and add the bacon....close and eat....with or without ketchup...…. :thumbsup2 They are the plainest simplest of bread products......unless its a brioche roll....now they are nice too. I`ll try and post a picture next time I make one...….

Found one......perfect breakfast when you need something good!!!! Piled high with British Bacon...... :thumbsup2

picture courtesy of Google.

Bacon-roll-M.jpg

Great. Now I’m hungry and still have an hour and a half until lunch.

lol.....I feel constantly hungry today.....been nibbling all day, my tummy is expecting food on American time.....and UK time.....:blush:

Hope everyone is good.......oh and yes mac......bacon was enjoyed this morning......biggest bacon sandwich ever....... :thumbsup2
I did a speed read on your post to find the bacon

Many times you start a post about bacon and was very worried (until later in your post) I missed out on the bacon party here

Bacon on bread or roll works for me

Welcome back Schumi :wave2: I can't wait to read your trip report and live vicariously through it!

All this talk of bacon and bagels and food...you know when you have found your true tribe ::yes:: I'm just finishing my tea...and I had wolfed down a bagel and cream cheese along with my tea lol. Now it's time to hit the paperwork that is sitting in front of me. It's pretty small, everyone is gearing down for xmas holidays. That suits me just fine :rolleyes1 I'm ok just getting myself organized for the last minute things to do for the holidays, and enjoying not being mentally drained at the end of the day!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Charade my daughter and her fiancé have gone Axe throwing. They did it for her birthday last year!

Schumi add me to the non ironing group. Only when I have to, some things just really need to be ironed. But for the most part when I take the clothes out of the dryer right away they’re fine.
Thanks for the bacon roll pic, its 11pm here and now I’m craving!:rolleyes2
In January I’m driving the 3 hrs to Seattle for my Ft. Lauderdale flight, but on the way home I’m staying overnight at a hotel near the airport at a Marriot I like. Definitely too long a drive to do tired. Unfortunately a car service isn’t an option for me crossing the border. Plus I don’t think I’d use one being alone. My daughters (neither of them) can’t get off work. I won’t take a taxi alone either.
I am excited to use my shiny new Nexus card for this trip!

Lynne yay for goodies in the staff room!

Pumpkin staying warm!

Mac & Disxuni:wave2:

This morning had my massage appt. She put my lower back into alignment. Then went down to the church to drop off cookies to put in the seniors Christmas hampers.
No body felt like cooking tonight so we ordered Chinese.

Its 11:30pm hope I can get to sleep tonight. Maybe I should make some sleepy time tea.

Funny the original package showed up Charade. Maybe they will say just keep it.

Sue, nice to not have to drive home on the way back after your FLA visit. Refreshing to have a good night sleep before driving home.

Tea for me. And an improvement in the temp. At freezing today, but as we warm up more than yesterday, the high weather system has left the area, and with warmer clouds arriving this afternoon, rain, heavy at times in the evening. Ick.

So, a Friday is here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter