Something About Nothing............ #14

Weather is so beautiful........I do love this time of year in Florida......we are loving our time here again...met a family we met two years ago in the Club lounge too, they remembered us immediately and it is so lovely to see them again, they are from Australia and it’s always a lot of fun chatting to them every day.

We talked to them today too! They remembered us from 2 years ago.

Broccoli Beef for dinner!!!

Crab Rangoons also!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting together another trip back to HRH!!!

Wife helped with a friend’s fundraiser!!!

She bought some pies also!!!

Cherry pie and ice cream for us tonight!!!

To all that are enjoying stays at our home away from our homes, wish we were there to enjoy the fun also and continue to have fun!!!

Robo congrats to your Gdaughter! I’m not sure when my next Universal trip will be. I have 10 days early Aug booked for WDW, and watching Universal to maybe add 5 days pre WDW but so far the 3 deluxe hotels are sky high, double what we’ve previously paid.

Pumpkin how sad about your friends DH, that’s so nice the office is pooling together for Christmas to help them out. Are you in Edmonton or Alberta? I forget :worried:
Yes, I watched Rise of Resistance too, looks great. I can’t wait for Aug WDW trip. Unless I squeak in a DL trip before then!

Charade I love samosas! At my last school our caretaker used to buy bags of them and use the home ec ovens to heat them up and bring platters of them into the office for all the staff, once or twice a year. Lucky I worked in the office and we got first dibs lol. The staff descends on them like locust swarms! Lol.
I picked up a Vera ID holder a few years ago in WDW, very handy. I love mine, I’m sure B will love it.

Lynne’s coming over to the dark side, coffee! I have to have my 1 cup of coffee first thing, then rest of the day I switch over to tea. Sounds like you got lots of baking done! I should think about doing some! I usually do some Spritz cookies and my fav, shortbread.

squirlz I had no idea there were Mummy tours! Fun!

Keishashadow I read today that some got a 1 day PH because they couldn’t ride and were turned away, nice comp! And a FP! Yay. I am looking forward to riding in August! WDW trip planned. Staying at CBR. I heard Skyliner was a game changer. My friend is at Pop right now and loving the Skyliner.

Schumi nice you got to see a launch from the park. Every time I go down to Florida I tell myself to look at the KSC schedule for launches while I’m down, but never do. I’ve heard you can see them from the beach in Ft Lauderdale too, so I’m going to try to look up if anything is launching during my January stay in Deerfield Beach.

Buckeev yay for upcoming trip!

Disxumi enjoy your day with Dad!

Yesterday I tried to do some shopping but probably shouldn’t have. I’ve had a headache going on 3 days which makes it difficult to concentrate. I probably bought people stuff that I already had done. Ugh. I have to bring all the stuff downstairs into the workroom to sort thru and wrap.

Our dinner out tonight with a friend and my brother in law was canceled, or should I say postponed. Brother-in-law phoned DH to say he’s sick with the flu.

Tomorrow after church going to a craft fair at the community centre. The daughters are getting together to make Christmas presents for the males in the family. Hope my headache is gone by then. I’m looking for some stocking stuffers for the girls.

Tuesday night going for dinner with friends then to the Vancouver Symphony Christmas concert. It’s been a tradition for us for years. It’s very good.
Christopher Gaze is the host/narrator. He’s a well known Shakespearean actor here and has a marvellous voice and a killer sense of humour.

Watching Christmas movies snuggled up on the sofa under my soft throw. Going to get my pjs on and a hot cup of tea in hopes of getting rid of the headache. It’s quite pleasant here with the tree lit up and the fireplace on.
Tomorrow the mr is putting up the outside lights and door wreath.

Broccoli Beef for dinner!!!

Crab Rangoons also!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting together another trip back to HRH!!!

Wife helped with a friend’s fundraiser!!!

She bought some pies also!!!

To all that are enjoying stays at our home away from our homes, wish we were there to enjoy the fun also and continue to have fun!!!
Yum! Sounds like a delicious dinner. Cherry pie is one of my husband’s fav. And I love crab! We ordered out tonight lol. Our dinner plans out fell thru at the last minute and hadn’t taken anything out from the freezer.

Lynne, you work a full week this week?
Then have scattered days off until your cruise?

I went to Jersey Mike to get a sub last night and left my free second coupon at home
Dang.

Good Sunday morning homies!!

I went to Jersey Mike to get a sub last night and left my free second coupon at home
Dang.

Oh I really like Jersey Mike’s!!!

Lots of great choices there, one of my faves is probably the BLT! Lots of bacon.....yum!

I’ve forgot my coupons also know the feeling lol.

I never had a Jersey Mike’s hoagie. But I do like hoagies.

Working a full week, Mac. Then maybe a day off here or there too. Will take off the two days after Christmas.
Yeah, hate when I forget my coupons.

Good morning everyone. Today is another day where I don't have anything planned. Maybe I will read another book.

Way too many chocolate pretzels,
I don't think that is possible.

Yum! I love cherry pie.

Yesterday I tried to do some shopping but probably shouldn’t have. I’ve had a headache going on 3 days which makes it difficult to concentrate
Hope the headache is gone by now.

Dang.
a girl never should forget her coupons especially at the prices Jersey Mike chargers....
I love Jersey Mike's, but yeah, they are expensive.

Getting ready to leave for church soon.

I already got a new tracking number for my Disney order. It should ship tomorrow and be here by Wednesday.

I just got home to find a fire truck, ambulance, and 2 other county fire & rescue vehicles across the street from my house. I have no idea what is going on.

Dang.

I’ve never heard of Jersey Mikes. They aren’t here in Canada but I haven’t noticed any in Florida

I just got home to find a fire truck, ambulance, and 2 other county fire & rescue vehicles across the street from my house. I have no idea what is going on.
That’s unsettling! Did you find out what happened?

Today was partly sunny! It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the sun here. Oh well, at least we aren’t shoveling.
After church I went with my daughter, a friend of mine and her daughter to the local craft show. I bought some cookies! They had this special German cookie that my husbands mom used to make every Christmas for the boys. So I bought 2 packages of them for dh and his brother. Good stocking stuffers.

Then I bought a small crossbody that is a cell phone holder plus a zippered compartment for cards or cash for when you’re running out and don’t want to have a purse. Will give to youngest dd. She hates carrying purses around. They’re made by African grannies and sold by sister group here. 0.97 cents of each dollar goes back to the African grannies.

Home now after dropping oldest dd at the train. She’s going into town to meet up with her sister. They are making Christmas presents for dad and Uncle.
So just the Mr & me home for dinner. We took out steak. I’m heading into the kitchen now to put the potatoes in the oven and make salad.

Sue, Jersey Mike is a step up from Subway sandwiches
It costs more but has a higher quality of meats, toppings and sub rolls

Went back to Jersey Mike’s with the coupon today and got another sub...

One difference in these chains is JM uses 6 slices of meat and Subway uses 4 slices per sandwich
And JM uses a higher quality of food

How are all the homies tonight?

:wave2: Good Morning!

Nice that Squilz, Schumi, and Keisha are still having park fun today. Well, whatever Schumi decides, park or outside the park fun. Oh, and shopping. ::yes::

Stopped at Target on the way home yesterday afternoon, and it was mobbed. Sigh, I always pick the wrong line. Even the lady behind me complained. Yep, it's that time of the year. But I like this time of the year. Many stores are beginning to be open much earlier, particularly on the week-end. Yep, us early birds are happy to sometimes beat the crowds.

Well, it was a very dark, and very wet, still raining commute. Periods of downpours today, so a very wet Monday. And feels cool inside, now. Sigh, was not that quite nice temp inside the car I was enjoying. And ooh, the car smelled like cookies. Yep, coworkers will be enjoying home baked foods this morning: many different kinds of cookies, muffins, small loaves of bread, with fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and chocolate truffles to add more sweetness.

457693 Ah, the baking week-end is behind me now, and feet are tired and almost glad to be back to routine. We ended up making 7 kinds of cookies, 4 kinds of muffins and breads, one kind of truffles (that we decided the work to make them, eh, not on our list for next year), and two large bags of pretzels created pretzels dipped in chocolate and rolled in finely crushed peppermint candies , finely chopped walnuts and fun sprinkles, both large (that were hard to keep on the chocolate if the chocolate was not just the right temp) and those very small beaded kind ones in holiday colors, white, green and red. Then vanilla fudge with chopped walnuts and pieces of dried fruit, (yum, on the list for next year), chocolate (eh, unless we find another recipe for it), and cookie butter (which was so sweet, eh, not on the list next year). Oh, and with the left over chocolate (can do only so many pretzels), were candy in mini cup cake liners, with sprinkles, and became drizzled icing for the brownies (yeah, we made those too), and dip for some of the sugar cookies. Hungry anyone?

So, back to routine, yes it is. And I am cold. Why look at that, Dsis did hook me up with a small heater. :)

Thus, tea with some cookies, with my bowl of cereal. Perfect start for this Monday of a day. ::yes::

457694 he he, hope Charade put up her Christmas tree. Then for Patti and Mac: 457695 :joker::rotfl:

Ah, have a most happy Monday, homies. Yep,

457697 ::yes::

:santa:

Oh, and pet a llama, it's national llama day, as well as eat a pastry, yep, so fitting! It's national pastry day, the 9th of December.

:surfweb:

Good morning. I'm up a little early today. As I am typing this B is starting her last exam for the semester. She will come home with dh this afternoon.

One of dh's gift arrived yesterday. He wanted a pocket multi-tool, so I ordered one from one of his favorite stores. They threw in some bonus gifts - a lens cleaning cloth, a pocket knife, and a camo baseball cap with an American flag on it. Dh doesn't wear baseball caps, but I think he will keep it just because he will be amused by it. B's Disney gift is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

That’s unsettling! Did you find out what happened?
I'm still not 100% sure. I got the info third hand. My next door neighbor said that she was told that the elderly man who lives across the street has been in poor health. He recently had to put down one of his dogs, and was very upset by that. I don't know what exactly prompted the ambulance yesterday, but was told he was taken out on a stretcher.

I’ve never heard of Jersey Mikes. They aren’t here in Canada but I haven’t noticed any in Florida
Just out of curiosity I looked it up. There are 2 in Ontario. One in London and one in Kitchener. There are lots of locations in Florida including 2 in Coral Springs.

Then I bought a small crossbody that is a cell phone holder plus a zippered compartment for cards or cash for when you’re running out and don’t want to have a purse. Will give to youngest dd. She hates carrying purses around. They’re made by African grannies and sold by sister group here. 0.97 cents of each dollar goes back to the African grannies.
That sounds like something I would like. I try to carry as little as possible with me.

he he, hope Charade put up her Christmas tree.
So far Caspian has left the tree alone. All of your baking sounds heavenly. I need to come up with something to take to a party on Saturday,

Time to get ready for work.

@Charade67 thanks for looking it up! I’ll be in Deerfield Beach in January, not far from Coral Springs so will try to go there And check it out.
Thats sad about your neighbour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts