Something About Nothing............ #14

Robo, so glad to hear you are doing well.

Dix, hope the day is better for you, today.

Keisha, oh no, glad to hear son is okay, and at the parks. Eek, the crowds I see. Hope you get to ride the new Star Wars ride, after all.

Tea is here, thinking I will be drinking lots of it.

We had a huge hawk enjoy the sun on the window sill of one my colleague's window. Neat to see it so close, and glad on other side of glass.

Keisha!! What a way to start the trip!! Glad he`s doing much better now and hopefully you get to ride......that is a crowd!!! Continued good wishes to him and enjoy the rest of your trip.....

Hey Robo…...Thanks for the boys birthday wishes!!! Yes, we`re the same with cruises.....not for me. Although Tom would like to do one....unfortunately its the one that goes on for months round the world.......I said no. No discussion, no persuasion.....just no. The very thought of the oceans terrify me. That water is deep!!!!

We`ve sailed a few times over to Europe, France and Holland/Norway....but those are fairly short (not short enough) and are really just away to get there.....I prefer to fly.

Good luck with the dish.....I don't like hummus, but I make a mean couscous and Moroccan chicken......hope it`s a success!!!

It is wild and woolly here again......gale force winds and some rain. Not nice and don't plan to go out tonight. The local pub is having a quiz night and we said we`d go.….but I don't think many will wander out now.

Did make a chicken and apricot casserole....new potatoes and some kind of veg.

Then I think a night in front of the tv...…..

Quick late night stop in.

Keisha - Hope your some is feeling much better this evening. Why so early at the studios? I don't think I have ever been to a park that early in the morning.

Schumi - I'm with you on the cruises. I didn't mind the day cruises that we took in Alaska, but I have no desire to be out in the ocean.

Tonight dh and I were talking about replacing the ceiling fan in the living room.It is starting to get really noisy. I got a little chilly, so I turned it off for awhile. When I turned it back on it was quiet. Still getting replaced though.

Keisha....hope DS is doing better today again......and hope those crowds haven’t been as bad! And hope he enjoyed the SW stuff.

Hoping Pumpkin has had some good news about her new grand baby.......sending many good wishes to them all.......

Charade.....yes, cruises kind of scare me a little......although Janet always makes cruises sound so much fun.......Tom would like to do the big cruise I mentioned yesterday, but would love to do the 3/4 day one in the Caribbean too.......not sure.

Went to bed so early last night, I fell asleep on the settee around 9.45 with book in hand......Tom woke me and I went to bed. Slept soundly. January is drawing long.........

Ready for some sunshine. Winds have died down again, supposed to have a little rain this morning, then dry later.

Made double casserole yesterday, so will have the same dish tonight again, went down well. But, we all want mashed potato with it tonight. No idea about lunch.....it’ll be whatever we see....and breakfast.........dull rice krispies.......

Have a great Friday........

6CED6B48-2E9B-46D1-BCDB-50359EB7552A.jpegTook a pill last night that said it was for nighttime help. Ack, I took the daytime one and it helped with my symptoms, but all the nighttime one did was keep me awake, with what felt like my heart racing. Oops. Did get some sleep, and the congestion is not as bad when I woke up. Really hoping it’s finally breaking up, and I’m getting over this head cold, very soon. I hope.

And yeah, even with no reason to be up this early, I am. Even on many of my not going to work days, I am up early. Thankfully, I generally do not feeling like doing much on those kind early mornings. Though a half hour ago, put the linens in the washer. When I hear the dryer beep, after I run the washed linens in it, I will take my shower. Hey, a freshly washed, and nicely smelling towel, to dry me off.🙂

DD432839-20F5-4F6C-A906-19BAE9C776C3.jpeg Yay! Friday it is.

C3952007-CD35-4207-B78F-DC64196BA569.gif

Good morning, homies, it's Friday! Which means it's three day weekend time soon.

Hope you continue to get better @Lynne G!

I hope everyone has an amazing Friday and weekend!

@Charade67 and @schumigirl I understand the fear of cruises since my mom has a fear of them as well. She likes being control of being able to come and go as she pleases and can't stand the idea of not having control of what can happen if she was on a ship. When reports about something horrible happening on a ship she goes, "See!" Also, just in general traveling to another region is something she doesn't want.

Took a pill last night that said it was for nighttime help. Ack, I took the daytime one and it helped with my symptoms, but all the nighttime one did was keep me awake, with what felt like my heart racing. Oops. Did get some sleep, and the congestion is not as bad when I woke up. Really hoping it’s finally breaking up, and I’m getting over this head cold, very soon. I hope.

Hope it clears soon Lynne..….colds can just last forever! I spoke to a friend a few days ago.....hadn't really noticed she wasn't around (oops) seems she`s had a terrible cold since Christmas and just can`t shift it....it clears then comes back......husband had her at docs yesterday, she has a chest infection and something else.......hopefully she`ll improve now.

It`s a horrible feeling the heart racing like that......fingers crossed you do much better and by Tuesday you`re ready to go back to work feeling a lot healthier!

Had my friend with her grand daughter here for an hour earlier.....she`s another with a cold. Spent my time showing Elise pictures of the plane and telling her how much fun flying is......she has been on a plane before, but only short flights, she`s only 4/5 so a little scared of a long haul flight.....but I think between my flight talk and her grandma we seem to have her convinced flying is fabulous and safe.....she`s headed to California for a wedding in a few weeks.

I love flying.......so can talk for hours on it!!!! I`d travel almost anywhere on a plane!!

Gone colder here today......and found a huge box of chocolates tucked away in a kitchen cabinet someone brought over Christmas.......another oops moment......did my best not to open them, but they are our favourite box, even though I`m not a big chocolate fan....love a box of them.....so big mug of tea after lunch and we enjoyed a couple....will try to make them last longer than the weekend!!!!

Time for mid afternoon cuppa........:rolleyes1

Deals change at times
I would have to look at that site to get current info
I’ll look at it in a little bit if no one here answers your question

HI FOLKS!

what's currently best deal on a multi-day photo package?

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/my-universal-photo - According to the package below is $89.99.

3-Day Photo Package
Save $10 off the in-park price when you buy online and in advance.
  • Up to three consecutive days of photos in the parks
  • Unlimited digital downloads of your theme park photos including character meet and greets and pictures at many of our most popular rides and attractions. Available at participating locations in Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay
  • My Universal Photos themed lanyard and card
  • Discounts on My Universal Photos photo gift products both in-park and online
  • One free 5x7 print in a folder
  • One free 4x6 print valid in-park or online
  • $5.00 5x7 or $10.00 8x10 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations
  • $2.00 4x6 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations
  • View and share your photos throughout the day with the Amazing Pictures Mobile App*

Good morning. I'm taking a short break from house cleaning. I need to get to the grocery store later today.

Right now I don't even have enough ingredients to make food.

I guess I am the travel wimp. I won't cruise and I really don't like flying. Unfortunately, sometime flying is the only way to go. We really couldn't drive from Virginia to California or Alaska. I'd happily take a train if it didn't take so long.

Lynne - Hope you can shake this cold soon. Take it easy today.

Was hoping to hear some news from Pumpkin.

The vacuum is calling my name. Guess I should get back to cleaning.

Hey all yesterday went great, I clocked in nearly 8 miles on me tired feet. Today didn’t hit MK till after 2 pm. Hate relying on bus but scooter won’t fit in car, glad it’s an option

DSdid savis to make sword and stopped at oga finished up at cape may

sitting now at the plaza he’s on 2nd bottomless milkshake lol
Keisha - Hope your some is feeling much better this evening. Why so early at the studios? I don't think I have ever been to a park that early in the morning.
Star Wars ROTR hoops ugh
Keisha....hope DS is doing better today again......and hope those crowds haven’t been as bad! And hope he enjoyed the SW stuff.
Oh yeah! How is Kyle feeling today?
although Janet always makes cruises sound so much fun.......Tom would like to do the big cruise I mentioned yesterday, but would love to do the 3/4 day one in the Caribbean too.......not sure.
. I won't cruise and I really don't like flying.
Perfect start. Big enough ship, middle of ship @ lower level won’t feel much movement at all

Perfect start. Big enough ship, middle of ship @ lower level won’t feel much movement at all
I’m not sure if the movement of the ship would bother me or not. I’ve never been on an ocean cruise. Just cruising Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords in Alaska. These are the largest ships I’ve been on.

I enjoyed these day cruises, but the thought of being out in the open ocean scares me.
(I typed “open” and it somehow got autocorrected to “Oprah”.

Haha, gotta love that autocorrect, Charade.

When it is cold out, and thankful the cold feeling wind has died down, yep steak on the grill for dinner. Did some grocery shopping too, so fresh corn, and some mac and cheese, will be an easy meal for me.

Resting now, and took an easy today. Think that is what my body needed.

Hope all have a peaceful Friday night.

Then here comes the snow tomorrow. ⛄

Glad today was a better day for you and DS Janet.......good luck with the buses! Kyle‘s fine thanks.......nah, still no cruising for me.......regardless where you are on a ship.....if it sinks.....you’re sunk......:rotfl:

Lynne a day doing nothing, or a couple of days doing nothing does you the world of good! Rest is priceless........

Got one of those emails tonight telling me I have an inheritance waiting for me in some African Nation I couldn’t even pinpoint on the map.......all I have to do is send them my bank details and my PIN number too......I’ll receive the money in a day or so......and I’m very lucky as they’ve been searching for me for a while as it’s important I receive what is mine and they won’t be happy till I’ve received it...........:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Does anyone still fall for these scams anymore!

Not long till bedtime..........:wave2:

Glad today was a better day for you and DS Janet.......good luck with the buses! Kyle‘s fine thanks.......nah, still no cruising for me.......regardless where you are on a ship.....if it sinks.....you’re sunk......:rotfl:

Lynne a day doing nothing, or a couple of days doing nothing does you the world of good! Rest is priceless........

Got one of those emails tonight telling me I have an inheritance waiting for me in some African Nation I couldn’t even pinpoint on the map.......all I have to do is send them my bank details and my PIN number too......I’ll receive the money in a day or so......and I’m very lucky as they’ve been searching for me for a while as it’s important I receive what is mine and they won’t be happy till I’ve received it...........:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Does anyone still fall for these scams anymore!

Not long till bedtime..........:wave2:

It’s been a while back but I answered a call of them saying I had 8 million.........

I said are you kidding me?!?!?!!?!??!!!

No we’re not kidding you.......

I said don’t waste my time till it’s 80 million, I can’t believe you even wasted my time, 8 million.........chump change hahaha.....

Click

It’s been a while back but I answered a call of them saying I had 8 million.........

I said are you kidding me?!?!?!!?!??!!!

No we’re not kidding you.......

I said don’t waste my time till it’s 80 million, I can’t believe you even wasted my time, 8 million.........chump change hahaha.....

Click

lol......this was a mere $50,000,000........

We haven’t had a dodgy call for a long time.....last one was the “internet” calling to tell us our computer had a virus only he could fix for a charge we could pay on our card......we’d get a refund if we gave him our bank details.......lol.......I’m very naughty and kept him on the line for ages.....and eventually asked him what part of my tv did I turn off and on......I think he may have used an expletive on me.......lol......

I love keeping these guys on the line for ages........same with the ones who call about the accident you had recently and they’ll get you money.....they don’t like it when you do that apparently.......:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!