Something About Nothing............ #14

Today, Sams club was akin to Saks 5th Ave vs WM yesterday :). Not that I need to purchase, but Had tons of paper products, dish & laundry soap, even disinfecting liquid. Still no Lysol spray to be found.

Happily surprised they are still limited celebration cake orders. Not many choices currently; but no bakeries are open in the grocery stores here, let alone the stand-alone bakeries. Ordered kaiser roll buns too.

Bought pre-formed frozen angus steak burgers for the party. No instructions on package, Never used that type of burger before, always form my own patties.

are you supposed to just toss them on the gas grill frozen? Season pre or post?

Did pick up some cheddar & sausage links & hot dogs; along with a huge watermelon. Lots of chips & snacks. Will make the knorr vegetable spinach dip & put out a veggie tray (along with lots of service tongs & spoons!)

Mmmm cupcakes. I will say the rolls were over-the-top good. I ate, a few lol. deemed it breakfast and lunch

Honolulu PD is arresting people who didn’t keep to the 14 day quarantine. Catching a few idiots posting pics & live streams on social media. Seriously, natural selection hasn’t weeded those dummies out yet? Lol

In my parts, yes. I was tallest in my family, including my Dad.

When i stand up straight for a picture I should be 5 ft 4 inches but, shamefully, i have awful posture. Was at one point 5 ft 5 inches but spinal issues caused less padding inbetween the discs.

She is so nice. Haven’t seen her post for a bit. Bet her little boy is nearly graduated by now.

Barb was the tallest, looked like a model.

Big & tall, ugh. I remember having to buy special sized pants for one of my boys when a kid before he hit puberty & shot up in stature. It always irritated me that Sears would slap a prominent HUSKY label on the pant’ waistband ala levi’s Tag. Way to body shame a boy.

I remember Barb and her trip reports.......she was very tall and slender, yes, model like.......wonder how they are now......her son will be an adult now.

I‘m guessing you toss them straight on the grill.......food sounds good though......

Thanks......I do feel quite tall against most women. My sister is around 5 or 6 inches shorter than me......but brothers are all taller......I would have said you were around 5’6 if anyone asked me.

Yep, Keisha is taller than me. I think Charade and I are one of the shortest homies. I think I got the raw deal though, two of my brothers are 6 foot tall. Though my kids are both what I would say short, as DH is on the shorter side too. But do think older one is the tallest among my four person family.

Well a combo of Chick Fil A and Sonic via kids were hungry after grocery shopping for me, and came home with chicken for me, burger for DH, and a share of fries, tater tots and onion rings. Good enough late lunch for us. And hmm, thinking ham tonight, but once again, hungry cries may not happen until closer to 6 tonight. It is nice out, hey maybe I can get DH to light the grill. And yay, may toast a piece of rye, as they picked up rye bread from one of the only few places I will get it from.

Some McDonalds and KFC’s have opened here for take out.....news is full of folks lining up in cars for more than half a mile or longer to get to one. Can’t believe folks would do that for fast food......no thanks.........

I keep saying we’ll try Chick fil A, everyone says it’s so good, but we’ve never tried it.......so many places we do keep meaning to try but never do over there.

And it’s just about bed time here......might have to bring out the mobile air conditioning unit for the bedroom tonight. Aircon isn’t generally a thing over here in homes, but nights like this those mobile units are a god send.

Thursday tomorrow......

remember Barb and her trip reports.......she was very tall and slender, yes, model like.......wonder how they are now......her son will be an adult now.
All are doing very well. We are birthday buddies, of course I’m the senior member lol Was in a Private FB group, but too much political stuff overall turned me off that site. Along with the security issues they had

keep saying we’ll try Chick fil A, everyone says it’s so good, but we’ve never tried it.......so many places we do keep meaning to try but never do over there.
My kids love it. I like it but not the pricing structure or their stance on LGBQ in past. I’m told they’ve come around. DH won’t eat it says it tastes off to him. I’m guessing via the copycat recipie I tried its the Amount of powdered sugar in it Would’ve never guessed that one

off to watch an old scooby doo movie. I like them all 😀

:wave2: Finally getting to do a stop in!

Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy!

Finally it seems that things have slowed down. I'm finally finished my courses, finals are written and I just received my last mark. Passed the 4 fours courses with a 3.9 grade average!!!! Four more courses to complete in the fall and I'll be finished!!! I wrote my last exam last Thursday and got to enjoy our holiday weekend.

The dd, son in law and grandbaby came to visit. They had quarantined themselves for 14 days before coming - since they came from a hot spot to where we have only had 4 cases since mid March with no active cases for over a month now. They were needing to visit us, just as much as we needed to see them. It was a great week filled with lots of cuddles and laughter. I will add that we were allowed to have " social bubbles" Two families were able to " buddy up " and be able to spend time together as long as neither parties were exposed to someone who tested positive or were not feeling well. They quarantined before coming just to be sure, they didn't pick it up while out picking up groceries or other small errands they were doing. So we did it as responsibly as we could.

Well, I should try to get to bed soon. It is finally dark here now. I can't sleep well when it's sooo light out when I go to bed. I'm loving the sunlight, warmth, green leaves on trees and green grass again!

Good night and I'll leave a light on for anyone who can't seem to sleep tonight.

Mac hope your dr spot went well.
Monday was a holiday here, Victoria Day! And it was a sunny day. We drove past the inlet park and lots of families were out walking. Distance seemed to be kept between groups.
This afternoon the sun came out again. Weather has been ify. I had to go into breast imaging for ultrasound. That was about it today!

M-Rose I saw those linen pants on Old Navy site. Was thinking about them but hate ordering on line when I’m not sure of fit. Then what if you have to return?

Starfish hope your daughter is ok. Burns are so painful.

Charade well I guess bored at work is better than feeling like throwing something! Lol.

Keisha lol natural selection should have got a lot of people by now! Judging by the idiots shown on tv!
I discovered Chick fil A a few years ago! So many years passed by thinking it was like Kentucky. Which I don’t like.

Pumpkin congrats on finishing up the courses! Sounds like a wonderful visit with the kids. Nice you could enjoy the holiday and not worry about class work.
thanks for leaving the light on, but it’s only 9:50 here!

Disney Springs opened. Not sure how well it went. A family had decided to set up a bbq in front of Cooks of Dublin was cooking hot dogs or something. Crazy! Another poster said large group came thru and took their masks off. Another posted things were going well and people were following the rules. Guess it depended where in Disney Springs you were! Hope things go smoothly.

All are doing very well. We are birthday buddies, of course I’m the senior member lol Was in a Private FB group, but too much political stuff overall turned me off that site. Along with the security issues they had

My kids love it. I like it but not the pricing structure or their stance on LGBQ in past. I’m told they’ve come around. DH won’t eat it says it tastes off to him. I’m guessing via the copycat recipie I tried its the Amount of powdered sugar in it Would’ve never guessed that one

off to watch an old scooby doo movie. I like them all 😀

Big Scooby fans in this house......the original series is classic!! Still have all the dvd`s from when Kyle was little.

Glad to hear Barb is doing well, she did very good trip reports with a gazillion pictures!!!

I hear so many mixed reviews about the chicken place.....we`re not really fans of fast food places anyway, so maybe will never give them a try anyway. But I heard they have a gorgeous sauce folks think I`d like...….but, not somewhere I have to visit.

:wave2: Finally getting to do a stop in!

Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy!

Finally it seems that things have slowed down. I'm finally finished my courses, finals are written and I just received my last mark. Passed the 4 fours courses with a 3.9 grade average!!!! Four more courses to complete in the fall and I'll be finished!!! I wrote my last exam last Thursday and got to enjoy our holiday weekend.

The dd, son in law and grandbaby came to visit. They had quarantined themselves for 14 days before coming - since they came from a hot spot to where we have only had 4 cases since mid March with no active cases for over a month now. They were needing to visit us, just as much as we needed to see them. It was a great week filled with lots of cuddles and laughter. I will add that we were allowed to have " social bubbles" Two families were able to " buddy up " and be able to spend time together as long as neither parties were exposed to someone who tested positive or were not feeling well. They quarantined before coming just to be sure, they didn't pick it up while out picking up groceries or other small errands they were doing. So we did it as responsibly as we could.

Well, I should try to get to bed soon. It is finally dark here now. I can't sleep well when it's sooo light out when I go to bed. I'm loving the sunlight, warmth, green leaves on trees and green grass again!

Good night and I'll leave a light on for anyone who can't seem to sleep tonight.

Hey pumpkin......good to see you......and well done on the exams!!!

Sounds like a lovely visit with your family. Yes I can imagine how many cuddles were shared. Glad you were able to have such a lovely visit with them and precious time with grandbaby....we have a similar rule now where we can spend time with one person from another household every day, with proper social distancing......

Yes, doesn`t really get dark here for very long now. Astronomical darkness is only a few hours and even then, it`s not completely black. I was out in the garden last night with Kyle around 11.30 who was trying to capture the last few images of a nebula before it`s too light, and it was dark, but you could still see light in the distance....weird. I love darkness to sleep in too.....thank goodness for blackout blinds and drapes.....downside is we like the window open for fresh air so we pull the blinds and drapes back to do that......can`t win.

Thursday again......and again, most exciting thing today is the click and collect grocery pick up.

Another lovely day ahead for us, sunshine and maybe not as warm as yesterday, maybe in the 70`s. That`ll do. Will cook out again tonight so no cooking for me!

cv1919-S.jpg

cv1920-M.png

Yeah, Schumi, while I like their chicken and fries, you would not enjoy eating out if a bag from that chicken place. But as fast food goes, I think their chicken is the best. And one of the places that does waffle fries. Sometimes I am not fond of all the fries, as they leave the skin on. I do like baked potatoes as well, but generally leave the skin as well. Just not fond of the taste of it.

Sue, nothing of interest last night, including nothing good on the tube, but hey it was a Wednesday night. Been in the house so long now, it does get exciting to say hey, it’s Wednesday night. LoL.

Pumpkin, so nice to be able to enjoy family and get your hugs in.

Well, since I have my tea, are you

34C22CF8-0B2F-4D74-A7D8-AEAE12A7103F.gif

if so, yay, Thirsty Thursday is here. And since I am doing a short week, last day I have to get up early. Well, I will most likely be up early tomorrow, but no need to move fast then.

So homies, drink up today, and remember,
328D1F3C-8D67-4212-BC89-1F3432BAE40A.jpeg

Woot!

6C340DC7-9042-4DDD-9265-EA9BE96FC119.jpeg

Waited long enough for still sleeping crew to wake, thinking I may need the smell of wafting bacon to raise them. Any excuse will do, have two, three pd packages calling my name in the fridge.

For the fashionistas here (and I use the term loosely as it pertains to Birkenstocks :))..Has anybody tried their soft-soled version? On the cusp of trying them again via amazon’s try them, return free program.

I couldn’t break in a pair of their standard ones, tried for a week, my feet just cried. Do have Rx intersoles I wear in tennies & whatever shoes I can stuff them into. Otherwise, croc Cleo sandals...what my orthopedist indicated were basically a great OTC insert lol

They were needing to visit us, just as much as we needed to see them. It was a great week filled with lots of cuddles and laughter. I will add that we were allowed to have " social bubbles" Two families were able to " buddy up " and be able to spend time together as long as neither parties were exposed to someone who tested positive or were not feeling well. They quarantined before coming just to be sure, they didn't pick it up while out picking up groceries or other small errands they were doing. So we did it as responsibly as we could.
1st congrats on be a smartie pants :). Going back to school was one of the more difficult things I’ve attempted.

Going to put it out there that you will find no quarantine shaming here.

By necessity, i’ve be in that sort of bubble since day one. The government is the irresponsible party. Short-sidedly ,they mandated essential workers to keep plugging away. No thought as to those with underlying medical conditions or the grandparents who most likely would be the ones drafted/stepping up to fill that void.

It’s up to the individual to educate themselves via listening to the experts via those treading in intellectual waters far above their heads.

I discovered Chick fil A a few years ago! So many years passed by thinking it was like Kentucky. Which I don’t like.
My two oldest DS worked at KFC during summers thru HS & college. I would make them take their shoes & clothing off outside/mud room. The smell was overpowering. Was years before I could eat it again. Now, it’s a treat lol. Especially fond of the boneless breasts. One hint...chicken made early as possible in the day...pick it up early lol
Disney Springs opened. Not sure how well it went. A family had decided to set up a bbq in front of Cooks of Dublin was cooking hot dogs or something. Crazy! Another poster said large group came thru and took their masks off. Another posted things were going well and people were following the rules. Guess it depended where in Disney Springs you were! Hope things go smoothly.
Sounds like they need a bit more security. A definite learning curve, it will be a fluid situation as they adjust. Saw they had long lines of people waiting to enter. Glad it’s not my job to try to protect the clueless from themselves.
I was out in the garden last night with Kyle around 11.30 who was trying to capture the last few images of a nebula before it`s too light, and it was dark, but you could still see light in the distance....weird. I love darkness to sleep in too.....thank goodness for blackout blinds and drapes.....downside is we like the window open for fresh air so we pull the blinds and drapes back to do that......can`t win.
That sounds like a great time. I agree, find myself quite cross when the Mr flings them open at night to let a bit more of the air from open window into the room
Sometimes I am not fond of all the fries, as they leave the skin on. I do like baked potatoes as well, but generally leave the skin as well. Just not fond of the taste of it.
Now, you are talking my language...greasy bar fries topped with brown gravy & seasoned salt. Even better with a chicken wing or two, washed down by a draft :)

Yeah, they are good if you get those fries just made, then we add cheese, bacon and hot peppers. Sort of our messy fries. And yeah, a beer. Think we have some beer and or hard lemonades in frig. Hmmm. 5 o’clock somewhere, Keisha, LoL.

Morning...

Good news, dd is NEGATIVE for the virus! Yay! Another of her good friends/coworker is also negative.
Bad news, 5 others are sick in the office, one is positive so far. The one who is positive is doing very well though. She had a few days of flu symptoms but feeling better now. The others started with the stomach "issues", sore throat and coughing. One is getting tested this morning.

DD feels that the employees were lax in consistently wearing their PPE, taking masks off and on, feeling comfortable with each other enough to let their guard down. This is exactly why we all have a personal responsibility to do what we have to to protect ourselves and others. Now there are 5 other families who have to worry and retrace their steps from the past week. Sigh.....

mrose.....I forget the funny you deleted now??? I hear you though.....you never know who’s going to take offence these days.......I hate stuff.........
It was Ace Ventura showering after a Walmart visit. Lol!
I am 5’2”.
So you, Lynne and I are about the same height.
My shoes have a 1+3/4 heal so it adds height to me
I do wear a slight heel if I can sometimes. My feet are very sensitive and I had surgery on both of them, so I have to be careful. But there are some really nice, supportive low heeled shoes now, yay!
Yeah, when going through those HHN houses, I can hide behind all those tall people.
Ooohhh, good tip! If I ever get brave enough to go to HHN I will definitely hide behind the taller people.
Today, Sams club was akin to Saks 5th Ave vs WM yesterday :).
Lol!
Sam's in on my list to go to. I was looking online to see what they have in stock for curb pick up but I think I might be better off going inside to see for myself. Gotta "gear up" though.
Honolulu PD is arresting people who didn’t keep to the 14 day quarantine. Catching a few idiots posting pics & live streams on social media. Seriously, natural selection hasn’t weeded those dummies out yet? Lol
I saw that! The guy was from the Bronx, I think.
I'm finally finished my courses, finals are written and I just received my last mark. Passed the 4 fours courses with a 3.9 grade average!!!!
Congratulations!!
M-Rose I saw those linen pants on Old Navy site. Was thinking about them but hate ordering on line when I’m not sure of fit. Then what if you have to return?
I love those pants! So flowy and comfortable. I would *think* they could send a return shipping label if you needed to return anything.
Otherwise, croc Cleo sandals...what my orthopedist indicated were basically a great OTC insert lol
Wearing crocs right now, lol! Blitzen clogs. Sorry I can't help with Birks, I haven't had a pair in a long time. How about Earth shoes? I started wearing them again since the styles are so much nicer now.

Sorry in advance for the corinavirus memes.... I have to laugh about it or....

Homies

atricks has a sticky in the UO forum, titled
UO closing March 16.....

a poster, BobHarlem posted a link in it for an UO announcement that will be live at 2:00 ET today.

Assume it will be information regarding the parks opening.

Another cold and rainy day today. I left work early because there was nothing to do. Now dh and I are working on wiping and resetting our old iMac. We are going to trade it in for a new laptop.

Pumpkin - Congrats on finishing your classes with a great GPA.

Love Scooby Doo. I have been watching since I was a kid. Has anyone seen the new Scoob movie yet?

Can’t help with the Birkenstocks. I’ve never worn them.

MRose - Very happy time hear your daughter’s test was negative.

Very excited to hear that Universal is reopening. I wish I could go.

I’ll end with a quick mom brag. B made the Dean’s list.😀

Still sitting in garden........little breeze has arrived but it’s still so warm

Sounds wonderfully peaceful

I keep saying we’ll try Chick fil A, everyone says it’s so good

I wasnt a fan until someone made me try their spicy chicken sandwich. I got hooked; but whats up with the pickles.

Was in a Private FB group, but too much political stuff overall turned me off that site

Thats too bad. Facebook is not place to discuss politics. So much now people just want you to tell them that they are right and serious informed discussions are nonexsistent. You learn more by listening than by hearing yourself talk.

Passed the 4 fours courses with a 3.9 grade average!!!!

That is marvelous, Glad the hard work paid off.

I had to go into breast imaging for ultrasound.

Hope everything turns out normal. The waiting can be the worst.

We were down 2 people for sale day today. I am going to love this 3 day weekend, even if, especially if it rains all 3 days. Tomorrow's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4F42FD63-2CFD-4180-8F5C-17A0F582F372.jpeg

Upside down, but top part of our very hard Escape Puzzle. Cool part is the red line. Was fun enough but needed a good flashlight to see the pieces better.

On to the next on soon enough.

Congrats to B. Nice accomplishment for her first year.

Almost 🛌 time for me. Just chilling after a lush pasta dish with red sauce, red peppers chopped into the red sauce and fresh grated parmigiana dinner. And a tiny round of Whole Foods chocolate cheesecake. Oh my. No wonder I am sleepy. LoL

58E8DA96-5E27-4AE9-A73A-1AE86CAF642B.jpeg

And yay, for the parks to be open the first week of June.

:wave2: making a quick stop in!

@schumigirl We like to sleep with the windows open too! I would rather the fresh air, than the darkness. We get enough darkness in the winter. I will take all the sunlight I can get ;)

@Charade67 What an accomplishment for B!!! That is great!

@Lynne G yum!!! Your dinner sounded great! I'm a pastaholic! We had pannini sandwiches as I was going to whip up some chicken stew in instant pot, but I was out of carrots, and I wasn't running to the store to pick up just that.

I was sooooo happy to watch the DIS on youtube at work about Universal's plans for park opening!!! It is great to hear them moving forward and I hope that the can continue to move forward...especially for all of you who are gearing up to go to HHN!!!!! It just felt good to get more good news about things moving forward and a sense of normalcy to start again!!!

It is cold and rainy here, and will probably stay until at least tomorrow night. As much as I don't like the rain, it is much needed here already. So I'll just curl up with the remote, a blanket and catch up on some shows I missed while I was busy studying every night. Right now, I'm catching up on Outlander.

I should go check quick and see if my newest project is ready for it's first coat of clear finish. We did some clearing out of things in the basement, and I have 2 pieces of furniture that are needing to get repainted and out the door. One is almost done, I just need to put a clear coat finish on it. The other I'll work on over the weekend...if it keeps raining.

Well...night everyone! And sweet dreams of going to HHN!!!!

I’m always missing when the homies are here posting.
It’s going on 12:30 and I am late in posting tonight.

I do not know where my day went today.
At this point, they all blend together.

I am thankful when a homie makes comment on what day of the week it is.
Lol
It keeps me on task knowing as my days kind of blend together some days.

I thought it was good news on the park opening info today.
Makes it easier to relax knowing what to expect when we go.

I am looking forward to it.

Looks a like our night shift is just me right now.....

Hope all are doing fine and starting to make plans for your future vacations!

Lynne love the waffle fries! So good. And the chicken is decent. I don’t know why it took me so long to try it when I’m in Florida. Maybe cause we don’t like KFC. We rarely go to fast food. This is one exception.

Mac I think our Mr’s feign dead and pretend they can’t hear lol!

keisha. Smell of bacon always gets attention! Can’t help with Birks. But I have a pair of Mephistos I love. Similar to Birks but cushier footbed. I have several Crocs sandals.Bought Cleo too but they rub my toe wrong.
Lol protecting the clueless from themselves! Glad it’s not my job either!
For fries you should try Poutine! Fries topped with brown gravy and cheese curds!

M rose yay for dd testing negative. But bad about the office workers. 5 families involved. Hope they haven’t infected any elderly in the family. Such a terrible virus we don’t know enough about.

Mac congrats to those waiting to book Universal trips. For me, we couldn’t go even if we wanted to as our border isn’t open yet! But I wouldn’t be ready to go so soon. Yesterday began slow opening of things here. I’m not ready to eat out yet.
but I am ready for a hair trim!

Charade yay for a new laptop. What will you get?
Big congrats to B!

Vicki thanks. Yes it’s ok. I had a biopsy 2 weeks ago but still having pain and hard lump appeared so they did ultrasound and it’s a hematoma. Just have to wait for it to adsorb. Least I don’t have to wear a bra staying home!

Nothing much to report today. Made the dogs cookies this morning. Then went for a Walk around the neibourhood. Falling asleep now

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!