Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 496001

Waited long enough for still sleeping crew to wake, thinking I may need the smell of wafting bacon to raise them. Any excuse will do, have two, three pd packages calling my name in the fridge.

For the fashionistas here (and I use the term loosely as it pertains to Birkenstocks :))..Has anybody tried their soft-soled version? On the cusp of trying them again via amazon’s try them, return free program.

I couldn’t break in a pair of their standard ones, tried for a week, my feet just cried. Do have Rx intersoles I wear in tennies & whatever shoes I can stuff them into. Otherwise, croc Cleo sandals...what my orthopedist indicated were basically a great OTC insert lol

1st congrats on be a smartie pants :). Going back to school was one of the more difficult things I’ve attempted.

Going to put it out there that you will find no quarantine shaming here.

By necessity, i’ve be in that sort of bubble since day one. The government is the irresponsible party. Short-sidedly ,they mandated essential workers to keep plugging away. No thought as to those with underlying medical conditions or the grandparents who most likely would be the ones drafted/stepping up to fill that void.

It’s up to the individual to educate themselves via listening to the experts via those treading in intellectual waters far above their heads.

My two oldest DS worked at KFC during summers thru HS & college. I would make them take their shoes & clothing off outside/mud room. The smell was overpowering. Was years before I could eat it again. Now, it’s a treat lol. Especially fond of the boneless breasts. One hint...chicken made early as possible in the day...pick it up early lol

Sounds like they need a bit more security. A definite learning curve, it will be a fluid situation as they adjust. Saw they had long lines of people waiting to enter. Glad it’s not my job to try to protect the clueless from themselves.

That sounds like a great time. I agree, find myself quite cross when the Mr flings them open at night to let a bit more of the air from open window into the room

Now, you are talking my language...greasy bar fries topped with brown gravy & seasoned salt. Even better with a chicken wing or two, washed down by a draft :)

lol....love the cat meme.....and I don't like cats, but like that one.....

I tried Birks, but they didn't suit my awkward feet, which annoyed me as I need something new for upcoming trips and thought they might work. The new croc patricia..you know the "fancy" crocs are made so much narrower now. Not as comfy as the older ones. The company even admitted they had changed them slightly. I got a refund and a voucher for future spends from them but not really any use as I don't like any other croc.

I`ve tried KFC, it was alright, but not one I`d get fussed to have again. We did stop on the motorway once at the one at the border between Scotland and England and we shared the boneless bucket between us......fries were gross, but that's normal for the UK anyway..…..again, I think we`re just not fast food folks generally. Yep.....gimme the bar food you described any day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!!!

Morning...

Good news, dd is NEGATIVE for the virus! Yay! Another of her good friends/coworker is also negative.
Bad news, 5 others are sick in the office, one is positive so far. The one who is positive is doing very well though. She had a few days of flu symptoms but feeling better now. The others started with the stomach "issues", sore throat and coughing. One is getting tested this morning.

DD feels that the employees were lax in consistently wearing their PPE, taking masks off and on, feeling comfortable with each other enough to let their guard down. This is exactly why we all have a personal responsibility to do what we have to to protect ourselves and others. Now there are 5 other families who have to worry and retrace their steps from the past week. Sigh.....

It was Ace Ventura showering after a Walmart visit. Lol!

So you, Lynne and I are about the same height.
View attachment 496031

I do wear a slight heel if I can sometimes. My feet are very sensitive and I had surgery on both of them, so I have to be careful. But there are some really nice, supportive low heeled shoes now, yay!

Ooohhh, good tip! If I ever get brave enough to go to HHN I will definitely hide behind the taller people.

Lol!
Sam's in on my list to go to. I was looking online to see what they have in stock for curb pick up but I think I might be better off going inside to see for myself. Gotta "gear up" though.
View attachment 496028

I saw that! The guy was from the Bronx, I think.

Congratulations!!

I love those pants! So flowy and comfortable. I would *think* they could send a return shipping label if you needed to return anything.

Wearing crocs right now, lol! Blitzen clogs. Sorry I can't help with Birks, I haven't had a pair in a long time. How about Earth shoes? I started wearing them again since the styles are so much nicer now.

Sorry in advance for the corinavirus memes.... I have to laugh about it or....

View attachment 496030

View attachment 496029

Good news for DD!!! Glad to hear it...….

Oh I remember it now....lol.….nah, no one would get offended by that one....surely!!!

You can hide behind me at HHN anytime!!! Although I`m usually too busy screaming and laughing to be much use to you....lol....

Sounds wonderfully peaceful

I wasnt a fan until someone made me try their spicy chicken sandwich. I got hooked; but whats up with the pickles.

Thats too bad. Facebook is not place to discuss politics. So much now people just want you to tell them that they are right and serious informed discussions are nonexsistent. You learn more by listening than by hearing yourself talk.

That is marvelous, Glad the hard work paid off.

Hope everything turns out normal. The waiting can be the worst.

We were down 2 people for sale day today. I am going to love this 3 day weekend, even if, especially if it rains all 3 days. Tomorrow's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love a spicy chicken sandwich. It`s usually never spicy enough from outside......except O`Charleys…...their Nashville chicken sandwich was hot!!!! Sadly they closed in Orlando....typical....

Yep, I love sitting in tranquility out there.....doubt we`ll do it today as woke up to heavy rain this morning.....where the heck did that come from!!!

And enjoy your three day weekend......we have that here too as it`s a Bank Holiday on Monday......

View attachment 496162

Upside down, but top part of our very hard Escape Puzzle. Cool part is the red line. Was fun enough but needed a good flashlight to see the pieces better.

On to the next on soon enough.

Congrats to B. Nice accomplishment for her first year.

Almost 🛌 time for me. Just chilling after a lush pasta dish with red sauce, red peppers chopped into the red sauce and fresh grated parmigiana dinner. And a tiny round of Whole Foods chocolate cheesecake. Oh my. No wonder I am sleepy. LoL

View attachment 496166

And yay, for the parks to be open the first week of June.

Nice upside down picture Lynne.....lol.....and yep, good news about the parks!!

:wave2: making a quick stop in!

@schumigirl We like to sleep with the windows open too! I would rather the fresh air, than the darkness. We get enough darkness in the winter. I will take all the sunlight I can get ;)

@Charade67 What an accomplishment for B!!! That is great!

@Lynne G yum!!! Your dinner sounded great! I'm a pastaholic! We had pannini sandwiches as I was going to whip up some chicken stew in instant pot, but I was out of carrots, and I wasn't running to the store to pick up just that.

I was sooooo happy to watch the DIS on youtube at work about Universal's plans for park opening!!! It is great to hear them moving forward and I hope that the can continue to move forward...especially for all of you who are gearing up to go to HHN!!!!! It just felt good to get more good news about things moving forward and a sense of normalcy to start again!!!

It is cold and rainy here, and will probably stay until at least tomorrow night. As much as I don't like the rain, it is much needed here already. So I'll just curl up with the remote, a blanket and catch up on some shows I missed while I was busy studying every night. Right now, I'm catching up on Outlander.

I should go check quick and see if my newest project is ready for it's first coat of clear finish. We did some clearing out of things in the basement, and I have 2 pieces of furniture that are needing to get repainted and out the door. One is almost done, I just need to put a clear coat finish on it. The other I'll work on over the weekend...if it keeps raining.

Well...night everyone! And sweet dreams of going to HHN!!!!

Oh gosh yes, fresh air is important to me during the night too. I agree about the sun.....I love the light mornings and days, but find it easier to sleep in the dark......always a down side to something...….lol......

I love cosying up when it`s raining too......not much else to do, and catching up on tv is another favourite thing to do in bad weather. Keep meaning to get back into Outlander but haven't got around to it.......

Enjoy the weekend pumpkin...…..

I’m always missing when the homies are here posting.
It’s going on 12:30 and I am late in posting tonight.

I do not know where my day went today.
At this point, they all blend together.

I am thankful when a homie makes comment on what day of the week it is.
Lol
It keeps me on task knowing as my days kind of blend together some days.

I thought it was good news on the park opening info today.
Makes it easier to relax knowing what to expect when we go.

I am looking forward to it.

Looks a like our night shift is just me right now.....

Hope all are doing fine and starting to make plans for your future vacations!

I do sometimes make an appearance during the night....well, maybe around 4am if I can`t sleep. By the time I get up at 6, everyone is in bed by then!!!!

Well, except you of course if you`re around.......lol......

Oh gosh yes, I try to keep reminding myself what day of the week it is too......I thought yesterday was Friday all day!!!

Thank goodness Kyle is working or we`d be completely lost....although with him being at home working it can get confusing too.....I sit at lunch when we eat and wonder is it the weekend or not......all over the place.......

So, Friday again and the weekend for the work force among us......well, the weekend for all of us......

We woke up to heavy rain this morning, that`s our punishment for enjoying a few days of heat.....hopefully it`ll clear up. We did plan to grill out tonight again, but not looking possible right now.....will see how the day progresses.

Plan to nip out to the wholesalers later this morning, bit like Costco. No line to get in to the place and we buy our bottled water there and few other things. Usually toilet paper, kitchen towels that sort of stuff. But, we don`t need any of that as we are well stocked up.

They have a rule only businesses that involve catering can get in before 11am, so we`ll wait till then to go in.

No rush to go anywhere else. Beaches and parks are open again, but we`ll wait a bit longer too.

I think TM are glad to be heading back to work soon too......it`s certainly good news for them.....now we wait till Loews make their plans public :thumbsup2

cv1934-M.jpg

cv1936-S.jpg

Have a great Friday....whatever you may be doing.......

Good morning. I'm awake, but not ready to get up and do things yet. I think the sun is supposed to return today along with warmer temps. We have had so much rain the past few days that parts of the area are experiencing flooding. It is pretty bad in Roanoke right now.

No plans for the day. I really want to get out of the house, but there really isn't anyplace to go.

Upside down, but top part of our very hard Escape Puzzle. Cool part is the red line. Was fun enough but needed a good flashlight to see the pieces better.
Cool looking puzzle. I need to do more on the one I started last week.

Charade yay for a new laptop. What will you get?
We will be getting a MacBook.

I'm off to find something to do.

CCDB1287-7065-4174-9D76-4FFD55AEDA7A.jpegD2859B3D-6A06-401C-8C99-B437E293E47F.jpeg
Yeah, they are good if you get those fries just made, then we add cheese, bacon and hot peppers. Sort of our messy fries. And yeah, a beer. Think we have some beer and or hard lemonades in frig. Hmmm. 5 o’clock somewhere, Keisha, LoL.
Cheese ‘wit :). When shopping yesterday gave up when faced with a giant Wall of hard seltzers & fruity beer monstrosities

Good news, dd is NEGATIVE for the virus! Yay! Another of her good friends/coworker is also negative.
Bad news, 5 others are sick in the office, one is positive so far. The one who is positive is doing very well though. She had a few days of flu symptoms but feeling better now. The others started with the stomach "issues", sore throat and coughing. One is getting tested this morning.
Good news, tempered by the bad. It’s a shame ur part of the state is still so socked in...have the numbers of new infections/deaths started to decline at all?
I saw that! The guy was from the Bronx, I think.
There’s another one, from her mug shot is a young blonde. I didn’t click thru the link when the headlines mentioned she was shouting racial epitaphs...the uglies is just not the way I want to start my day
June 5 UO open to the public
Hooray !!

June 1 and 2 open for team members
June 3 and 4 for invited AP holders and guests

June 5 park open to all.
Good luck to that.

Had hoped the state would take a bit longer of a beat & waiting until after 4th of July rush. I’m more concerned with (last i heard non-flattened) rate of infection in FL as a whole vs the Orlando metro area.

so many of the employees of the parks don’t even live in that area (housing so expensive, many reside out past Sanford etc.), thinking they really should be looking at the state’s numbers. Guess that’s the problem when there is no national oversight

Thats too bad. Facebook is not place to discuss politics. So much now people just want you to tell them that they are right and serious informed discussions are nonexsistent. You learn more by listening than by hearing yourself talk.
I’m all for discussion but too many people can’t handle civilized discourse that is contrary to their beliefs, especially when cloaked in anonymity of the web
That looks like a tough one, nice. Did u see the Heinz puzzle for charity? Talk about scary stuff
I should go check quick and see if my newest project is ready for it's first coat of clear finish. We did some clearing out of things in the basement, and I have 2 pieces of furniture that are needing to get repainted and out the door. One is almost done, I just need to put a clear coat finish on it. The other I'll work on over the weekend...if it keeps raining.
There is an art to a flawless clear coat. No matter how many tac cloths I use, always have some nubs ugh
keisha. Smell of bacon always gets attention! Can’t help with Birks. But I have a pair of Mephistos I love. Similar to Birks but cushier footbed. I have several Crocs sandals.Bought Cleo too but they rub my toe wrong.
Lol protecting the clueless from themselves! Glad it’s not my job either!
For fries you should try Poutine! Fries topped with brown gravy and cheese curds!
Raisin bagel with cream cheese today here :) comfort food for me

not a soft cheese fan in general, the idea of it doused in gravy scares me lol

I tried Birks, but they didn't suit my awkward feet, which annoyed me as I need something new for upcoming trips and thought they might work. The new croc patricia..you know the "fancy" crocs are made so much narrower now. Not as comfy as the older ones. The company even admitted they had changed them slightly. I got a refund and a voucher for future spends from them but not really any use as I don't like any other croc.
I’ve tried on the regular type in the past and was puzzled how so many adore them. The new soft bed versions are wildly popular but i’m Still on fence, maybe if I can find on the amazon fashion offer.

Yes, what’s up with the newer crocs being so narrow? I always toss them out of the box into dryer to get soft then mold to my feet, easily stretches them out. If I go overboard, bank into dryer they go lol

Glad you mentioned the dressy crocs :) need to drag them out for ahem upcoming beach trip hehe
Plan to nip out to the wholesalers later this morning, bit like Costco. No line to get in to the place and we buy our bottled water there and few other things. Usually toilet paper, kitchen towels that sort of stuff. But, we don`t need any of that as we are well stocked up.
I hit 3 grocery stores yesterday to cobble together what I need for the Daves joint (immediate family only) BD party tomorrow.

Have to bop out once it stops pouring rain & grab a prescription. Something made me check the store’s website for disinfectant spray. Bingo, they promised to hold it for me behind the counter. I’d say at best it’s even money that it will still be there when I arrive

Yeah, a slower moving day, yay. And you’d think, I was like:98671759-7C9F-4C5C-9169-622B5DE9828F.jpeg

Yeah, DH is working today, so it was a fend for yourself breakfast. Cereal again, and that was the end of the box. So, will be off to the grocery store. Wish me no line to get in, getting what I came for, and out the door quick. Sigh.

Ao hapoy negative test for DD, McK.

Sue I do like poutine. Yeah, good hot, just fried fries I could eat plain or with toppings. Yeah, and very few fast food places I get lucky and get just fried fries. I have been known to go through McD’s and order fries and a dollar drink. Snack time. I refuse to eat any of the meat and fish there. Little one, the chicken nugget aficionado, will not eat McD nuggets either. She will tolerate BK chicken fries, but choice would be Chick’s nuggets, the fried kind, neither of us liked the grilled kind there. I do like the grilled kind at Cracker Barrel.

Ah, all that talk of food.

Off I go. And yay!EAB3CC67-DF01-49F3-BE50-9AEE69B4B961.jpeg

View attachment 496205View attachment 496206

Cheese ‘wit :). When shopping yesterday gave up when faced with a giant Wall of hard seltzers & fruity beer monstrosities

Good news, tempered by the bad. It’s a shame ur part of the state is still so socked in...have the numbers of new infections/deaths started to decline at all?

There’s another one, from her mug shot is a young blonde. I didn’t click thru the link when the headlines mentioned she was shouting racial epitaphs...the uglies is just not the way I want to start my day

Good luck to that.

Had hoped the state would take a bit longer of a beat & waiting until after 4th of July rush. I’m more concerned with (last i heard non-flattened) rate of infection in FL as a whole vs the Orlando metro area.

so many of the employees of the parks don’t even live in that area (housing so expensive, many reside out past Sanford etc.), thinking they really should be looking at the state’s numbers. Guess that’s the problem when there is no national oversight

I’m all for discussion but too many people can’t handle civilized discourse that is contrary to their beliefs, especially when cloaked in anonymity of the web

That looks like a tough one, nice. Did u see the Heinz puzzle for charity? Talk about scary stuff

There is an art to a flawless clear coat. No matter how many tac cloths I use, always have some nubs ugh

Raisin bagel with cream cheese today here :) comfort food for me

not a soft cheese fan in general, the idea of it doused in gravy scares me lol

I’ve tried on the regular type in the past and was puzzled how so many adore them. The new soft bed versions are wildly popular but i’m Still on fence, maybe if I can find on the amazon fashion offer.

Yes, what’s up with the newer crocs being so narrow? I always toss them out of the box into dryer to get soft then mold to my feet, easily stretches them out. If I go overboard, bank into dryer they go lol

Glad you mentioned the dressy crocs :) need to drag them out for ahem upcoming beach trip hehe

I hit 3 grocery stores yesterday to cobble together what I need for the Daves joint (immediate family only) BD party tomorrow.

Have to bop out once it stops pouring rain & grab a prescription. Something made me check the store’s website for disinfectant spray. Bingo, they promised to hold it for me behind the counter. I’d say at best it’s even money that it will still be there when I arrive

lol......that dog meme has got to be the funniest one I’ve seen yet!!!!! Love it!!

I still laugh at the “dressy” croc.......my friends looked at me like I was in something when I said I was wearing the dressy ones.....it’s not funny when you have to explain it!! I must try putting the last pair in the dryer.......never thought of that......

Good luck with the shopping.......and hope the rain goes off for you.....

Blowing an absolute hoolie here today........although a little while ago, despite the brilliant sunshine we had a downpour of hailstones........and heavy it was too!

No grilling out tonight.....the the bbq would end up out in the sea!!!

So, change of dinner plans.......Teriyaki chicken for Kyle and spicy bbq sauce with the chicken for us two......

Tonight is another night in front of the tv.......no idea what we’ll watch.......

Chicken for us too, as dinner, your choice of sauces to go on it.

Success. Got what I needed, line to check out, but quick enough. Now off to shuck corn. Hope it is sweet, as first I have seen at a price I was willing to pay.

I still laugh at the “dressy” croc.......my friends looked at me like I was in something when I said I was wearing the dressy ones.....it’s not funny when you have to explain it!! I must try putting the last pair in the dryer.......never thought of that......
my family still runs with the dressy croc joke at my expense lol

You may have to give the straps a gentle tug or two after they are warmed up to get that perfect fit.

Home-made hoagies today here. Need to rake up the house at bit...dining room for some reason has become a 3rd office/junk room of sorts during the quarantine

Is Saturday still bacon day at schumi‘s ?

Abso doodly lutley.....

That means yes........:rotfl:

Saturday is bacon day!!!! And we stocked up today from our local butcher......bacon from him is so nice......and from within 20 miles of where we live.....

I’m sure I passed that farm a few weeks ago.......I might have seen that little porker run around back then.......o_O:rotfl2:

my family still runs with the dressy croc joke at my expense lol

You may have to give the straps a gentle tug or two after they are warmed up to get that perfect fit.

Home-made hoagies today here. Need to rake up the house at bit...dining room for some reason has become a 3rd office/junk room of sorts during the quarantine

lol.....mine too....the fancy croc joke is brought up every time I pack a case........

I‘m definitely going to try that......just rumble in the dryer then put feet in to fit??

Hoagies sound good.......

Dinner was good.......Kyle said it was one of the nicest dishes he’d had this week......I loved the sauce I made for Tom and I too......spicy and sweet......

Red wine is open and waiting to be poured in a little while.....haven’t decided what to watch yet......maybe The Conjuring but it’s not the same watching a scary movie with the sun blistering in the window.......

Hi all,

Busy day so far with a trip to the farm for more vegetable plants. I'm finally done buying all my veggies and herbs for summer.

We (dd and I) took a trip to the local store and HOLY COW was is crowded! They changed some things and opened areas that were previously closed, like the fish counter, floral, and deli. I finally got corned beef and swiss for Reubens tonight. Super excited about that. I had to tell some lady and her husband they were too close to me though. Um... we're still at the 6 foot distance rule and she was literally right behind me at the deli counter. They clearly have the floor marked where people can stand but she ignored it. Deli was weird though, because they can't hand you the packages. They put them in a basket and set the basket on a low counter where you take your stuff out. At least it's open again, which is definitely an improvement.

You can hide behind me at HHN anytime!!! Although I`m usually too busy screaming and laughing to be much use to you....lol....
Thanks for the offer! I'm a chicken so someone would have to both hide me and make sure I don't swing at someone if they come too close. LOL.. Pretty sure that will get me kicked out.
Yes, my city itself had only 15 new cases this week; last week was 29 new cases. Definitely improving! The office that is now affected is not in our city or county. It's in a county below us. They closed the office to be safe and wait for results.

The two cases at my youngest dd's work are doing ok. One is back to work and his mother, who was the first case there, is set to go back soon. She was one of those cases that only had the loss of smell and taste.
There’s another one, from her mug shot is a young blonde.
I didn't see that one. I only saw a man from the Bronx who got arrested after posting video or pics online.
Sue I do like poutine.
Yummm poutine!
Hope it is sweet, as first I have seen at a price I was willing to pay.
I bought corn at the store today too. The price of so many things is crazy. $25 and up for a small rack of baby backs! We've been buying from the butcher shop but I thought I would check the grocery store while we were there. I didn't buy them.

It's raining here now and feels chilly. Not sure what we'll do later, but probably have to stay inside and watch a movie or something.

Wow, little one did good driving through a very water covered highway. Drive through a thunderstorm. But time we got gone, only lighter rain. A repeat for tomorrow.

Nice you bought so much, McK. Yeah, food prices are higher everywhere. I did pick up the cheapest strawberries I saw advertised, they looked good, so will slice them up tonight. Screens on, as all are hunkered down this rainy Friday. Watching a mummy movie.

Yay, for Schumi having some red wine this evening.

I have lost my mind. I decided I would organize our spare bedroom. It is sort of a bedroom/office/catch all space. I am now surrounded by stuff. I have decided that we have way too much stuff we don’t need. I can’t get rid of most of it because it belongs to dh.

Happy Friday! This is me right now!

Seems like its a rainy day for a lot of us. Might decide to do some baking.

Bad news, 5 others are sick in the office, one is positive so far

Whew, what a relief, but this darn virus just needs to go away.

I don’t have to wear a bra staying home

That is such an underrated joy.

especially when cloaked in anonymity of the web

I feel for kids growing up now. I was lucky neither of my boys were/are into social media, but gosh people just dont realize that there are real people on the other side. Empathy is becoming lost.

I'm a chicken so someone would have to both hide me

I'm right there with you. Went to Knotts Scary Farm exactly one time. I will stay with Mardi Gras.

Yes, my city itself had only 15 new cases this week; last week was 29 new cases.

Thats great progress, hope it continues that way. We havent been hit hard yet. I think the worst is still to come.

The news about Universal is positive for upcoming trip, I just hope it goes well.

Think the Captain was making DisneyLife trying to confuse us. Yes indeed a Friday, and one I decided to make a longer weekend, so happy no work today. Grocery shopping and that was it. Baking sounds good Vicki.

Nothing like a Friday night. Cannot decide if warm or cool enough as deciding whether to put blanket on or not. Watching DDD, ooh some of those foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!