Something About Nothing............ #14

Yea Mac! We got the invite too. No interest in being first in there lol. August soon enough for my liking
That is great!!!! My dad did my mom's color at home too lol. I did a video chat with her when she was picking a color at the drug store, so she wouldn't end up with some funky color. And it worked. As long as you stay with a basic color and don't switch from a gold color to an ash undertone most people will be ok! What happens when you mix yellow and blue...you get GREEN!!! I have seen this sooo many times. It's hard to correct and people get upset at how long it take and how expensive it can get. As long as we all stick with basic colors...it will turn out just fine ;) ::yes::
Who among us hasn’t Paid for corrective color services? lol.

4D17E9D7-DC19-4BFF-9094-828890D7552F.jpeg I’m quite pleased with the highlights
know the feeling. Our elderly dog ( who has doggy dementia ) gets up at all hours now. We have to watch that he doesn't get his days and nights mixed up. It seems to be getting worse again lately. I have a feeling our days are numbered with him around anymore :(
Aw that’s so sad, hope he hangs in there
I have allergies, but have never had a reaction like this before. Hopefully I can keep it at bay until I get the tests done again. But I do have to say, they I got into emergency right away with my swollen face lol!! There was no sitting around and waiting for me.
Yikes! That is scary stuff. Sounds like u need to see an ENT.
I’m going to put on big girl panties and schedule sinus CAT scan, hopefully in July but trying for out patient

I’m quite pleased with the highlights
That looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm not quite ready to do that grey thing yet. I have enough " sparkles " but quite enough to pull that look off. I did book a partial balayage to give me a little bit of a different look I usually color my roots myself, but I'm needing a change. And let's face it...I'm frugal. I think I should be able to do it myself...but I'm not quite brave enough to do that. So this will be my mother's day treat to myself ;) :flower:

Nice, Keisha, and eek, Pumpkin. Pumpkin, hope you get some relief soon. My older one is on medicine for his allergies. Sometimes he gets itchy eyes, but most of the time, it sets off his asthma. Why we call him Darth Vader at times. His poor face gets all puffy, and fluids in his lungs. Hence, his allergy medicine tries to open his blood vessels in his lungs and tries to lessen the puffy congestion he gets.

Ah, weather alert on phone again, to expire in 6 hours. Yeah, from my weather app, thinking we may be rock and rolling in the overnight. Fine with me. Means should be a glorious Saturday with much lower humidity.

Mr pulled my hair thru cap yesterday. Those long, dark roots were driving me insane. Did a pretty good job IMO

Right across the river from our town. Met Kendall at GD gymnastic practice, such a lovely young woman. Spoke to every little girl that wanted to chat & posed for pics, was so cute.

Haha that swill is sold by the handle here = college kids

Probably should be hunkered down already if preggie. We have a 3rd one, saw it on ring last night ugh. Smaller

U can strip that out with some cheap shampoo with sulfa. Let it sit for a few minutes, then condition like crazy

I can’t believe your dental offices are open. In our area only the ones with the reverse air systems, few & far between. I’m waiting that out as long as i can lol

No gators either i hope. Have been seeing a rash of those sort of videos posted lately. No idea if they are more active or people have more time on their hands
good for her! I’m universal donor, vampires always knocking on my door. Haven’t donated in ages, no blood drives in our area that were convenient.

Start a movement, puzzle your neighbors :)

Majority of retail stores closed, ross just opened here last sunday. I’m annoyed
Wow, that is amazing! Congrats

More good news for you!

Same here, must be a wide swath of nasty coming north...i thought bertha was thru already

Holy smokes, didn’t know some places didn’t have to wear them

I bought a mission brand (what i use for neck cooling towels). They are far hotter inside than expected. They are the type that are designed to to protect from sun, bugs & when wet be cooling. Do plan on using next week around neck when on beach.

My ‘favorite’ and i use the term very loosely, is a cotton one I just bought, has an air vent that helps expel warmth. Otherwise the double layer tight cotton with the air filter inside. I did break down & buy some of the basic blue masks/nose adjust, they truly are the coolest but like least effective.

OK.......do you have the most perfect husband around!!! ::yes::

He did a fabulous job........does he take appointments.......lol.....it does look lovely Janet!!!

I remember you telling me about Kendall and how lovely she was. Most of those kids seemed quite normal which was surprising given their mothers......they were a little out there!!

I haven’t given blood this year at all yet, between having cold/flu in January then this virus.......I’ll get back to my usual before too long.

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!

That is awesome!!! Such a great accomplishment!!!! I would be a proud momma too

That is great!!!! My dad did my mom's color at home too lol. I did a video chat with her when she was picking a color at the drug store, so she wouldn't end up with some funky color. And it worked. As long as you stay with a basic color and don't switch from a gold color to an ash undertone most people will be ok! What happens when you mix yellow and blue...you get GREEN!!! I have seen this sooo many times. It's hard to correct and people get upset at how long it take and how expensive it can get. As long as we all stick with basic colors...it will turn out just fine ;) ::yes::

@schumigirl you must be delighted with that nice warm weather!!!! Enjoy and soak it all in! And your afternoon wound absolutely delightful!

@macraven...I hope you get some sleep my Mr. Macraven gets home. I know the feeling. Our elderly dog ( who has doggy dementia ) gets up at all hours now. We have to watch that he doesn't get his days and nights mixed up. It seems to be getting worse again lately. I have a feeling our days are numbered with him around anymore :(

@Charade67 your new eliptical machine looks awesome!!!! I wish we had room in our home for something like that, but we have tight quarters, and don't plan on moving anytime soon.

Well...I have had an interesting week. I had trouble with my allergies that have sent me to the hospital twice this week. My face swelled up - especially around my eyes. It happened slowly over time during the day and by the time I got home from work...I got dh to take me to emergency right away. Spent about 5 hours...went home and woke up with even worse swelling. Not long after I got up, I started to feel the itchiness start, in my ears and palate so off I went again. This time they loaded me up with IV meds and 6 hours later it was better...not totally gone from under my eyes. I still wake up with swelling, but each day is less. I'm taking all the high dose antihistamines, steriods and anti itch meds and using cold compresses to keep the swelling down under my eyes! That is the part that seems the worse now. So I have an Dr appointment with my regular GP to refer me to get allergy tests done again. I have allergies, but have never had a reaction like this before. Hopefully I can keep it at bay until I get the tests done again. But I do have to say, they I got into emergency right away with my swollen face lol!! There was no sitting around and waiting for me.

The weather is finally warm here too. It's been a little windy, but that is not unusual for us. We are heading back out fishing again tomorrow I think. Do another day trip ( maybe try to have a weinie roast ) while we are there.

Things are slowly opening up here. We can now get our hair done,, chiropractors, dentists and eye doctors. Restaurants and our shopping malls are back open. Only a few stores have had line ups to get in. I have not gone yet. I don't really need anything that bad to have to go out shopping yet. Although I would love to go sit down for a meal somewhere. That is the one thing I'm missing. I have a haircut schedule for June 17...and it can't come fast enough.

Well, I should shuffle the few papers that just hit my desk again. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Hey pumpkin........My goodness what an experience you had! Glad they sorted you quickly and best wishes for future testing......

And sounds like your area is doing well.......I’m jealous of the hairdressers opening up lol.......I am so desperate to sit and be pampered in the salon again!! I do love getting my hair done.....have a great weekend pumpkin........

After months of not being able to use my iMac, I finally got it to work today.
Thought I could see the picture thread better using the computor as the Iphone doesn't cut it for quality of pictures.

Switched back to the iphone as the way it is set up to read posts, is easier as it goes with recent posts first.
Just opposite on the iMac.

The Dis looked different on the phone when I looked at a post in it.
Realized I had to do more switching things around in order to get the report button back on.....

Of course forgot the pw I have used since the beginning of time so fixed up a new one easily.

Did get the email for registration for the AP entrance days for UO.
Not worth it for me to drive 7 hours to go to it.
But I did a dummy run trial and it did go through.

I never use my phone for the Dis......it’s too fiddly......I like the laptop or iPad.

I forgot a password yesterday......it’s a site I go on regularly but just drew a blank.......I change them regularly, and don’t write them down.....I probably should!!!

Barbecue done for another day.......we are fed and watered again.....little bit of a breeze has picked up so it’s finally cooled down some. Will head inside a little later.

Did have a little zoom chat earlier with friends......everyone was enjoying the sunshine thankfully......I’d have felt bad if their weather was poor.

Friday night......where has this week gone........

The desk and chair are finally gone. Yay!! :jumping1:

Now if I could just get rid of the sofa.

Right across the river from our town. Met Kendall at GD gymnastic practice, such a lovely young woman. Spoke to every little girl that wanted to chat & posed for pics, was so cute.
I used to post on a message board called Dance Moms - no affiliation with the TV show. It was around long before the show started. The mom of one of the original Dance Mom girls, Chloe, I think, used to post there before her daughter was on the show.

U can strip that out with some cheap shampoo with sulfa. Let it sit for a few minutes, then condition like crazy
I wish I had known that about 20 years ago.

your new eliptical machine looks awesome!!!! I wish we had room in our home for something like that, but we have tight quarters, and don't plan on moving anytime soon.
We really didn't have room until I started cleaning out the spare room. Now it's going to be a combination of spare bedroom and exercise room.

After months of not being able to use my iMac, I finally got it to work today.
I already miss my iMac. I hope I learn to like the laptop just as well.

Who among us hasn’t Paid for corrective color services? lol.
Me! The worst thing that happened to me was the purple streaks. I just lived with it until it was time to color again.

I’m quite pleased with the highlights
It looks very nice.

I have had 3 people express interest in my sofa, but so far no one had followed through. I just got an email that my elliptical has shipped. Hopefully the sofa will be gone before it arrives.

Gosh some of the comments on here now with all this Disney/Universal issue are priceless........

Best ignored........

Still warm here......60F for 11pm is quite nice for a change.......

Bacon tomorrow for breakfast......and maybe pancakes if I can be bothered to make them.......

Watching junk on tv till bedtime........

I’m getting a recumbent cross trainer. It is supposed to be low impact, so it should be good for my arthritic knees.

I have never heard of that. Definitely looks the part.

My tooth isn’t achy right now so that’s good.

YAY! Hope it stays that way until you get it fixed.

.I posted that exact funny yesterday!!

I stole it from you, cause it was exactly me that morning. My sale day pants didnt fit and they were loose when I bought them in January. Blaming covid but it may be my eating everything in sight. Menopause just plain bites.

I thought I'd just post a little something something

We only have ONE new virus case in the city reported in the past few days

That is fantastic. Hope it stays that way and that other cities follow.

they I got into emergency right away with my swollen face lol!! There was no sitting around and waiting for me.

How scary, but great that they got you in quick.

No interest in being first in there lol.

Pray everyone there stays healthy but beyond that remembers to be kind. Its going to be different and there is no use *****ing or being mean to others there or to workers.

I spent 1.5 hrs on hold with universal. Have 2 APs that expired during the CV issue. One the end of March and another in April. Was told they couldn’t renew anyone until parks have an opening date.

since 6/5 announced, I tried today to renew online but get error message. Guess I’ll try again online next week or two.

Carole -told Dave he had another tool in his arsenal. Said his nerves can’t take the stress. Didn’t realize he was so worried things wound go south. As I told him, no worries, I’d put on a rinse or toner to tide me over. It’s all good
I have had 3 people express interest in my sofa, but so far no one had followed through. I just got an email that my elliptical has shipped. Hopefully the sofa will be gone before it arrives.
You’d think many people off work would have plenty of time on their hands to grab a nice sofa geez

I have never heard of that. Definitely looks the part.

YAY! Hope it stays that way until you get it fixed.

I stole it from you, cause it was exactly me that morning. My sale day pants didnt fit and they were loose when I bought them in January. Blaming covid but it may be my eating everything in sight. Menopause just plain bites.

View attachment 497826

View attachment 497824

That is fantastic. Hope it stays that way and that other cities follow.

How scary, but great that they got you in quick.

Pray everyone there stays healthy but beyond that remembers to be kind. Its going to be different and there is no use *****ing or being mean to others there or to workers.

lol.....I don’t think we‘re alone with the clothes!!!

It‘s not fun.......thank goodness for socks!! They always fit....... ::yes::

I spent 1.5 hrs on hold with universal. Have 2 APs that expired during the CV issue. One the end of March and another in April. Was told they couldn’t renew anyone until parks have an opening date.

since 6/5 announced, I tried today to renew online but get error message. Guess I’ll try again online next week or two.

Carole -told Dave he had another tool in his arsenal. Said his nerves can’t take the stress. Didn’t realize he was so worried things wound go south. As I told him, no worries, I’d put on a rinse or toner to tide me over. It’s all good

You’d think many people off work would have plenty of time on their hands to grab a nice sofa geez

lol......he’s a star!! I asked Tom (jokingly) if he would do my hair......lol......he looked a little shell shocked for a second then realised I was teasing........perish the thought! He has his talents, but not sure I’d trust him with my hair........

Ack, I would not even ask my DH to dye my hair. Patiently waiting for the Governor to allow salons next Friday. I cannot wait to be pampered a bit either. And be legally blonde without white hair showing.

And
BC6D2DBA-1FBF-4146-BC31-75FCCEB1C4EF.jpeg

Yeah, most likely will still be up early. No matter, moving fast will be optional.

And woot!

6872012A-53F1-4E8A-BAE3-8A6FDDA78916.jpeg

Thank goodness!

And finally, for Robo,

573EFA38-F312-4B41-947E-9C9E07731713.jpeg

Yeah, night owl is generally not me.

So warm out, made burgers on the grill, and just chopped up some fresh vegetables, as too hot to cook. Thinking time to make milkshakes.

Enjoy your weekend!

Finally, hehe, older one asked what I was planning for tomorrow. Nothing. Well, wash and hopefully a warm feeling pool dip.

:wave: Missed some birthdays-happy belated birthday to all!
My morning companion this am with my coffee-was cool-almost grabbed a blanket, but the sun was nice. Heading to lake tomorrow-out on the pontoon, but not going to any of the lake bars for sure! No need and can save money by eating at MiL! Gorgeous day today and supposed to last through weekend.
Got the hair done yesterday. Stylist glad to be back at work, money ran out before they could get the forgivable loans.

Have excess weeks of Timeshare to use, get extra week certificates when we deposit our week, plus we have the week we have to use that was supposed to be in France-will expire before we can use next year (and have other deposit we can use)-trying to convince hubs that a road trip to a resort would be cheap (can take our own food) and I want to work from "home" in a pool side lounger. The resort I contacted yesterday said they weren't busy at all but pools now open-lots of good ones to choose from in Florida...

Hope all are doing ok!

Attachments

• CE339645-20C4-4DBB-9246-C268DA01D500.JPG
    CE339645-20C4-4DBB-9246-C268DA01D500.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 9
It took me 6 hours to book my Delta flight, but its all done now!
🤪
Yesterday and today there was a glitch on the Delta site and I thought I knew enough with their set up to still be able to book online.

Turns out I was able to handle it until it came to payment.
Glitch was every time I tried to pay online, the price went up each time.

Did a call to Delta and got put on a wait list to talk to an agent.
But I did know it would be 6 hours before I got the call back which came at 7:40 tonight.

Agent said they are having glitches and many are calling to book.

So in between of reading threads and finalizing my flights, I can sit back and play ketchup here.

Yay for getting flights booked, Mac. I did quite awhile ago, and price dropped twice, that I took advantage of, and now even higher than I had first booked. With a price of dinner, got a wee bit lower hotel. Still deciding on first 4 nights. Saw the mouse said no fast passes or ADRs for rest of year. Thinking do I want to go there first? Have to see what hotel rates are, which I have not done yet. And was thinking do I get rush of fear or just get the buy 1 get 1? Hmmm.

Yay for getting flights booked, Mac. I did quite awhile ago, and price dropped twice, that I took advantage of, and now even higher than I had first booked. With a price of dinner, got a wee bit lower hotel. Still deciding on first 4 nights. Saw the mouse said no fast passes or ADRs for rest of year. Thinking do I want to go there first? Have to see what hotel rates are, which I have not done yet. And was thinking do I get rush of fear or just get the buy 1 get 1? Hmmm.

I just booked the lightsaber build thing for my boys last weekend, I’m wondering if that is going to be changed now? They are so excited about that.

I got the email this morning though.....

Oh we just got B1G1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!