Something About Nothing............ #14

@keishashadow lovely birthday picture - got us talking about my daughter’s 40th next January - she would have liked a marquee in the garden but brrrrrr.... even with heaters not sure that would be a great idea!

@schumigirl glad you two do the same as us sharing things we find online with tv or music on in the background!

Having to book for most everything here at the moment - I managed to nab National Trust tickets for tomorrow at Quarry Bank - a favourite place to walk through the woodlands and then allowed through the gardens there with the dog so hoping it stays dry.

Off to bed for a read now hoping you’ve all had a good weekend!

lol.....Kyle has a January birthday too and he sometimes wished he had a summer one as we could have had outside things instead of an indoor venue every year for his party......

NIce to be thinking about planning it for her though.......yes, we share some very strange stories some nights.......it`s common to hear from each of us......"wait till you hear this one" lol......

Not long till bedtime here too.......have a good day tomorrow........

Happy Birthday Elsa! Hope you had a great day!
We finished our project today. I was trying to come up with a way for us to store our masks. I put this on the wall next to the door where we always go out.
Super cute! I love them!
I was still only 17 in July of ‘85.
I was 15.
Made dumplings, as had to do something with the left over steak. I use wonton dough, then air fry. Then, since I had some dough left, I tried putting some cherry pie filling in some. They were pretty good too. Sweet ending.
OOh nice! That sounds yummy!
He missed us I think laying on hubs feet so he can’t move.can also see remains of yet another shredded toy
What a cute pupper!
Sounds like my garden! The Roma’s should be ripe in the next day or two. But my lettuce is now grown out and I will get seeds soon. My cilantro also seeded out and it will restart itself.
I have one cherry tomato that is orange-y. We were able to pick some cucumbers and zucchini today. One of my dd's came over yesterday and raided my lettuce, cukes, and a bunch of herbs. She rents a house and can't put a garden in, but she loves to garden and misses it. I'm happy to share with her.
I think last year I was up to 5...but only one I’d them is super tall my themed trees are 7 ft or under so I don’t think they count lol.
We have five trees inside too, and two of them are around that height......the bigger one is the hallway is my favourite......it`s more or less purple themed with lots of Universal purchases on that on.
I cut back to the year round, seasonal one I have and just the LR one. Probably will do one in the den & another in the GD bedroom here this year, out of boredom
I have found my people!! :santa:

If we're counting bedroom trees and smaller ones I don't really decorate except for lights, then we're up to 5 or 6. My kids always had a small tree in their bedrooms growing up and my youngest still lives at home. Her tree is pink.
My favorite one is a black tree in my dining room that I decorate with metallic ornaments. It's only 6 or 6.5 feet, I can't remember. We put a "traditional" one in the front room in front of the window that is larger. That's where all the sentimental ornaments go and where we put the presents and open them. The Disney tree is in my middle room that is a smaller tv room. It's a small tree that we are outgrowing with ornaments so I may move the tree to the kitchen and put a different tree for the Disney one. The pink tree is in dd's room and then I have a few small trees from 1 foot to 3 feet that are just around with lights on. Our family room doesn't have room for a tree so one small one will go there.
Here’s my three amigos, who took a deep breath & took off their gaiters/masks
Aww, what a nice picture!
:wave:
Still drive my children crazy making notes in shorthand that no one else can read!
LOL! That's funny!

It's cooled off a little so hubs and I will be sitting outside for a while enjoying the evening.
Have a great night!

I think DisneyLife was teasing about my age, or can’t do the math, LoL. Best part of this thread, homies are all different ages.

Ah, breakfast for one, as not waking the kids. Croissant with egg and cheese, double bacon, well, because, why not? Will save some 🥓 for the kids.

Glad, Real, you are enjoying a nice afternoon. Yep, porch greenery needs to be more local plants. Hope she found the perfect porch plant.

:thumbsup2 :wave2: :rotfl2: Actually a combo of both!!!

Yup all in good fun!!!

I know I’m probably one of the youngest contributors to this thread, but yup age doesn’t matter one bit around here......

Many people refer to older folks as senior citizens, I like seasoned citizens better!!

@macraven we did Taco Bell happy hour again today for a snack, we really like the pineapple whip freezes. Great summer time afternoon refreshment for all ages...:thumbsup2

Thinking our short little birthday trip in August for our youngest is gonna be canceled, it’s all good though we still have September, and several others planned but September is what we are really excited for also as we are gonna be doing a couple new things!

Texas Roadhouse planned for dinner!

Oh I was 4 in 1985..........but still planning a trip to 1955...... :teeth: Little Back to the future reference!

I know I’m probably one of the youngest contributors to this thread, but yup age doesn’t matter one bit around here......

Many people refer to older folks as senior citizens, I like seasoned citizens better!!
You all know how I turned 50 in April.... well a letter from AARP came in the mail and I started ribbing DH, who is a few years older than me, about his... ahem... elderly mail.... and then I saw it was addressed TO ME! LOL! We laughed so hard at that one.

You all know how I turned 50 in April.... well a letter from AARP came in the mail and I started ribbing DH, who is a few years older than me, about his... ahem... elderly mail.... and then I saw it was addressed TO ME! LOL! We laughed so hard at that one.

50 I thought it was your 30th.......see I’m still back in time........ :lmao:

What is mail also......

Is that like that hand held object with a cord.

I believe they called them a Telegraph or maybe a telephone.......:rotfl2:

Haha I was always interested in geology, right up my alley. Do they have any Geode rocks out that way? You jogged my memory, i bought a kit of them for the mr & GD to break open at xmas. Need to look where I stuffed them
yes lots, but DD said they are common in several places. Did I mention we spent almost an hour in hot sun at a rock shop so she could find specimens of rocks she didn’t have?
I managed to nab National Trust tickets for tomorrow at Quarry Bank - a favourite place to walk through the woodlands and then allowed through the gardens there with the dog so hoping it stays dry.
That sounds lovely!
I turned 50 in March but haven’t gotten that mail yet- DH has had his card for a couple years now
believe they called them a Telegraph or maybe a telephone
funny. I once convinced my son (when he was a bit younger) the cassette player in my truck radio was an iPhone holder. Shortly after that DH insisted I upgrade the radio- he put in a Bluetooth one for me. I was resistant at first but now love I can stream my podcasts through it on my commute- someday that will happen again :)

I think last year I was up to 5...but only one I’d them is super tall my themed trees are 7 ft or under so I don’t think they count lol.
My main tree is either 6.5 or 7 feet. I consider that to be tall. (I’m only 5’ 2”) This year I’m adding a 4 foot tree. I would do more, but I don’t have the room. Also it would be too difficult keeping the cat away from them.

Dinner tonight was honey mustard chicken, buttered baby potatoes and carrots.....easy and quick dinner to make. Tubs of ice cream for dessert.....store bought.
Sounds yummy.

I remember you saying that...why I mentioned the new ones were out. Was afraid the HM one will disappear. I like the fantastic one too with the brooms, may put that on my xmas list lol
We are going to buy some of the Marvel ones once they are released. There is also a Wonder Woman one I would like. I told both family members that one of them could get it for me for my birthday.

Super cute! I love them!
Thanks!

I remember getting that mailing. I did t join. That was the year I decided we were going to Universal so I could act like a kid. I am so not a kid.

I am happy to announce the puzzle is finished!!! This is the result of over 38 combined family hours.

Age is simply a number.

I still get AARP mail. ::yes::

All that talk of lush food. So made boneless pork chops, green pepper and tomatoes, grilled. So tasty. Older one found out we bought rye bread, so his was made into a sandwich. Then I buttered one of the cinnamon buns we bought and grilled for a few minutes. Oh so full. Some pork left over, I know what DH and older one will get into tomorrow.

Great puzzle Charade. I am working on a sea scene that is all metallic. Need to do in bright light. Just started, so fun for a few days, I think.

Warm night, and heard fireworks. Sigh. Available all summer, I guess, or some saved or not used yet. They better not continue late into the night.

Well, rain is coming and we had to come inside. We had on old school jazz; Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong... a nice drink and sunset..... sigh.... Inside now and looking for something to watch on tv.
50 I thought it was your 30th.......see I’m still back in time........
Every birthday is my 30th, didn't you know?
funny. I once convinced my son (when he was a bit younger) the cassette player in my truck radio was an iPhone holder.
That is really funny!
There is also a Wonder Woman one I would like.
Nice, love Wonder Woman. Do you remember the old tv show with Lynda Carter? I do like the new WW though. She's a bad-a$$.
I am happy to announce the puzzle is finished!!! This is the result of over 38 combined family hours.
Very nice and impressive!
Warm night, and heard fireworks. Sigh. Available all summer, I guess, or some saved or not used yet. They better not continue late into the night
Did you get rain? The thunder is rolling in and some sprinkles. I got the notice on my phone for a dangerous thunderstorm.
We've had some fireworks this past week, but not too much. I hope they settle down for you.

Nope, McK, just more clouds. Sorry you are a rain loser, LoL. Glad you did inside though, as lately so many lightning strikes with the thunderstorms we have been having.

Was a warm day, and the pool was warmer than the air. Quite lovely.

Just chilling watching the tube, and sipping tea. Routine starts tomorrow, so alarm set, and very early bird will appear. I just can’t get over that 4 day weekend I had not that long ago, so decided, a three day one this week is a good thing, so a four day week for me. Yay!

Ooh, more fireworks. And trash can noise. Yep, we too took the trash out for collecting tomorrow. Our township starts by 7 am, so all tend to drag those cans out the night before. I am sure DH will most likely find something else to toss out, so he will dash out after we get up. He starts the day, the same time as me. Good thing I married an early bird. 8-)

Nope, McK, just more clouds. Sorry you are a rain loser
Thankfully it's gone now. I can see the last of the sunset. Too wet to go back out though.
I loved that show when I was a kid. To me, Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman, but I think Gal Gadot did a great job with the role.
Me too. I had a Wonder Woman doll when I was a kid that I loved. She had the Navy uniform and her WW outfit and I played with that doll all the time.
This is the ornament I want.
Very nice!

Happy Birthday Elsa! Hope you had a great day!

Super cute! I love them!

I was 15.

OOh nice! That sounds yummy!

What a cute pupper!

I have one cherry tomato that is orange-y. We were able to pick some cucumbers and zucchini today. One of my dd's came over yesterday and raided my lettuce, cukes, and a bunch of herbs. She rents a house and can't put a garden in, but she loves to garden and misses it. I'm happy to share with her.

If we're counting bedroom trees and smaller ones I don't really decorate except for lights, then we're up to 5 or 6. My kids always had a small tree in their bedrooms growing up and my youngest still lives at home. Her tree is pink.
My favorite one is a black tree in my dining room that I decorate with metallic ornaments. It's only 6 or 6.5 feet, I can't remember. We put a "traditional" one in the front room in front of the window that is larger. That's where all the sentimental ornaments go and where we put the presents and open them. The Disney tree is in my middle room that is a smaller tv room. It's a small tree that we are outgrowing with ornaments so I may move the tree to the kitchen and put a different tree for the Disney one. The pink tree is in dd's room and then I have a few small trees from 1 foot to 3 feet that are just around with lights on. Our family room doesn't have room for a tree so one small one will go there.

Aww, what a nice picture!

:wave:

LOL! That's funny!

It's cooled off a little so hubs and I will be sitting outside for a while enjoying the evening.
Have a great night!

Love the sound of the veg and herbs you grow!!! My dad used to grow many things when we were younger.....not sure we really appreciated how good it was to have all that fresh stuff on tap! We have a herb garden and a chilli plant.......thats about it!! But, we do have a lot of local farm stores where there veg is hard to beat, so we never bothered...but I do remember those tomatoes from my dads greenhouses!!! Nothing quite like them.....

Yep, there are a load of Christmas fans here.......self admitted Mrs Christmas here......love the whole experience!!!

I want to make more of our outdoor trees this year.......and have suggested we have small lit trees up the sides of the driveway......Tom said it`ll look like a runway......lol......

My main tree is either 6.5 or 7 feet. I consider that to be tall. (I’m only 5’ 2”) This year I’m adding a 4 foot tree. I would do more, but I don’t have the room. Also it would be too difficult keeping the cat away from them.

Sounds yummy.

We are going to buy some of the Marvel ones once they are released. There is also a Wonder Woman one I would like. I told both family members that one of them could get it for me for my birthday.

Thanks!

I remember getting that mailing. I did t join. That was the year I decided we were going to Universal so I could act like a kid. I am so not a kid.

View attachment 509307

A 7 foot tree is fine.....a couple of ours are seven foot and they look great!!

Puzzle looks like it would have taken a long time to do!! On to the next one now????

Age is simply a number.

I still get AARP mail. ::yes::

All that talk of lush food. So made boneless pork chops, green pepper and tomatoes, grilled. So tasty. Older one found out we bought rye bread, so his was made into a sandwich. Then I buttered one of the cinnamon buns we bought and grilled for a few minutes. Oh so full. Some pork left over, I know what DH and older one will get into tomorrow.

Great puzzle Charade. I am working on a sea scene that is all metallic. Need to do in bright light. Just started, so fun for a few days, I think.

Warm night, and heard fireworks. Sigh. Available all summer, I guess, or some saved or not used yet. They better not continue late into the night.

I never used to eat pork for years, not sure why....then when we were in Austria one year, we ate at a Chef`s table and pork tenderloin was one of the choices...... after that it was back on the menu...Tom loves pork so he was glad!!

Well, rain is coming and we had to come inside. We had on old school jazz; Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong... a nice drink and sunset..... sigh.... Inside now and looking for something to watch on tv.

Every birthday is my 30th, didn't you know?

That is really funny!

Nice, love Wonder Woman. Do you remember the old tv show with Lynda Carter? I do like the new WW though. She's a bad-a$$.

Very nice and impressive!

Did you get rain? The thunder is rolling in and some sprinkles. I got the notice on my phone for a dangerous thunderstorm.
We've had some fireworks this past week, but not too much. I hope they settle down for you.

lol.....Tom is a huge fan of Lynda Carter.......she is lovely though, and yes, I never missed that show as a kid.....we had so many great shows back then!!

Nope, McK, just more clouds. Sorry you are a rain loser, LoL. Glad you did inside though, as lately so many lightning strikes with the thunderstorms we have been having.

Was a warm day, and the pool was warmer than the air. Quite lovely.

Just chilling watching the tube, and sipping tea. Routine starts tomorrow, so alarm set, and very early bird will appear. I just can’t get over that 4 day weekend I had not that long ago, so decided, a three day one this week is a good thing, so a four day week for me. Yay!

Ooh, more fireworks. And trash can noise. Yep, we too took the trash out for collecting tomorrow. Our township starts by 7 am, so all tend to drag those cans out the night before. I am sure DH will most likely find something else to toss out, so he will dash out after we get up. He starts the day, the same time as me. Good thing I married an early bird. 8-)

Yep, early bird family here too.......all of us have that trait.......Kyle has put in for a day off today, but he`s still up at his usual time......routine is everything. I think that`s why even on vacation we get up early......hate to miss the day. Have a good one......

Monday again........

And it`s raining a little this morning......very grim looking view......but, it`s getting brighter as the morning goes on.

Kyle is off today, so we are thinking of going out for lunch somewhere. Not sure he is as keen, but it`s nice to do something on his day off....although he has some plans this afternoon.

Slept so well last night!!! Night before not so much, so feel very refreshed this morning. Going to call my mum for a chat before I do anything. We still can`t go visit them yet in Scotland which is rough.........I haven`t seen my family in so long now.......it was supposed to have been March for birthdays and Mother`s Day......but obviously we cancelled just before the rest of the world went to Hell and back.....so I`m keen to hear when they will allow us to travel back to Scotland.......

The hotel we stay in up there has been sending emails out to say they open Aug 1st which is good to hear.....but until we can go.....no bookings!!! Chatting on the phone and zoom/facetime chats are wonderful.....but not the same as a real visit.

Sun is out and weather looks to be good, so have decided not to go out for lunch but do a barbecue day......we are trying to run down the freezers.....could take a while!!! Then stock them back up again. We have some fabulous butchers, local and wholesale along with the farm stores dotted around the countryside.......so we have plenty of choices for quality meat.

cv3065-XL.jpg

cv2063-XL.jpg

cv3052-L.jpg

Have a happy Monday.........😁

Good Morning, Schumi. You have had a lot of rain. I woke up, not sure what hour, heard loud rain, but I went promptly back to sleep. Went to bed early, as nothing interesting to watch, and I guess I needed to sleep, as I was asleep in minutes.

But bright out, as the sunrise came, and the roads do not sound wet. Clear sky too. But, we get another mostly sunny and hot day, with some pesky clouds to make it shady for a time. And, the humidity is so high, :eek: Yeah,

482B2361-231B-4708-B577-100FA11AF1D5.jpeg

Haha!

And yes, a Monday indeed, and feels like this:
8055B18B-FA6C-40F0-84C9-2DAA0ED4CBC1.jpeg

Haha.

With a cup of tea, and happy with another cinnamon bun, not grilled though, this Monday is doable.

Yep, enjoyed watching Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter. Like that ornament, Charade.

So, as we still need to be safe, I’m
8A05301C-1378-432B-B0E7-890CEB822303.gif ::yes::

A 7 foot tree is fine.....a couple of ours are seven foot and they look great!!

Oh for sure I love trees of all sizes! My husband is 6'6" though so its my justification to him to have more than one tree that since he is almost as tall or taller than them its just "decoration", whereas the 9' tree is "the tree." :santa:

Its nice out here right now woke up and it was 65 degrees out so a perfect morning for a long walk. My aunt made some delightful moscow mules for us yesterday afternoon but now I need to work those off a little. Busy week at work this week too kicking of a couple of new projects so going to get a large jug of my iced coffee going and some lemon zucchini bread I made yesterday.

Have a happy Monday peeps!

Ooh never thought to make zucchini bread lemony, Elsa. Nice to do a morning walk, when just perfect sounding walking temps.
I do iced coffee sometimes, but hot tea is what I tend to drink most of the time. In fact, more tea for me. Need to put more water in the pot on the stove, to get hot.

Sunlight has been streaming into my window for hours now. Stay away clouds.

@Elsaspiritanimal we were up and out on a walk too this morning. We are National Trust members and though they are gradually opening up you have to pre-book even to go in the parkland and woodland - getting tickets is tough but finally got some for today. Lovely walk though muddy through the woodland and Louie loved it but his portable shower when we got back to the car!

Attachments

• 498A4FB9-5695-4975-8F07-E888098B1DF8.jpeg
    498A4FB9-5695-4975-8F07-E888098B1DF8.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 7
@Elsaspiritanimal we were up and out on a walk too this morning. We are National Trust members and though they are gradually opening up you have to pre-book even to go in the parkland and woodland - getting tickets is tough but finally got some for today. Lovely walk though muddy through the woodland and Louie loved it but his portable shower when we got back to the car!

How fun and what a cute little pumpkin you have there there! Sounds like a lovely morning for you. There is something about walks through woodlands that is so peaceful and rejuvenating. Super awesome that you have a portable shower for Louie too!

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

07924F7E-798B-4F54-9DF7-D79694F114F6.jpeg

Good Morning Robo, nice you have a new sewing machine, as I know you kindly sew masks for all.

I do enjoy sewing. Makes me feel good to know I’am doing something to help folks. I have always felt we need to play our blessings forward to others.

glad your planning went well. We hope to organise a family gathering - perhaps away for a night - in the Spring as an opportunity to share memories of my Dad. It was so sad having his burial with no tribute to him.

This Covid crisis has caused so much heartache to all who have lost loved ones during this time.

So nice that you all are planning a lovely time of remembrance for your dad in the future.

The funeral home that we helped dad and stepmom for their preplanning has been so kind in helping set up her memorial service. This will be a nice way to come together as a family to remember her.

Well, I blinked and today my ‘baby’ DS is 40 today. Time is fleeting indeed. BD socially distanced gathering at their club tonight with a make your own/tell the chef lol pasta bar. Indoor or outdoor seating on covered patio. I’m setting up camp in the furthest corner outside table

Happy belated birthday to your son Keisha

854C356D-6139-44FC-AE5E-DD5FB76B858A.gif

Lovely picture of your sons. As Schumi had commented, you can see you in your sons.

Hallmark new ornament day. I generally am not tempted having enough for 10 trees but, just couldn’t resist this bad boy!

Cool ornament. I do like the haunted mansion ride.

Think my glass has slightly more in it.........😁

Yummy looking drinks.

The acts were a mix very good and excellent......but the highlight was by far when Queen came on.......the already charged atmosphere just seemed to quadruple when they came on and Freddie and Queen put on the best show ever! He was mesmerising.

There are few true showmen that can captivate an audience. Freddy and Queen were in that category.

How lucky you and your friend were to see that show in person.

Love that mug!

It’s my favorite HHN mug.

On the way home we stopped by a new cupcake place. Can’t get in the habit of doing that.

I stopped at a bakery that has been in a burb of Chicago for many moons to get my favorite cookies to bring home after visit with dad. Shouldn’t have done that........LOL....I did put some in the freezer. So the sweets are tempting at times.

We finished our project today. I was trying to come up with a way for us to store our masks. I put this on the wall next to the door where we always go out.

Cool display hooks for your masks. I thing they will be around for a while.

Rule just went out here today masks are mandated everywhere. People have been wearing them already except for a few holdouts.

no issues at all with the ascent. As for the gold- we found a couple flakes. Lots of garnets in the silt though. Our guide let Alysa (the geology major) take the silt from the pan (after gold filtered out) home. She and her sister spent hours picking out the garnets. We each have a teeny vial of them now. I adore my kids, but I felt like I was back in school at times as we got lots of impromptu “helpful information” talks about rocks around us. OTOH- she very clearly picked a field of study she loves and is passionate about, and a parent always wants their kids to be happy

Sounds like you had a great time on your gold panning day.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for your daughter. This has been a rough time for the young ones.

Universal- if they keep up what they are doing right now- is fantastic.

Glad to hear they are doing such a great job.

Robbi is the one who does multiple trees up very big, I’m sure she’ll share her pictures

LOL.....you know me well. I will hunt them up 9n the iPad and share.

Yes, you have found your people.....I have 12 up for the Christmas holidays. That’s including stand alone trees and table top trees.

Two for Halloween.

I know I’m probably one of the youngest contributors to this thread, but yup age doesn’t matter one bit around here....

Not at all.......age is a matter of mind over matter.

Oh I was 4 in 1985.

My son was 8 years old in 1985.

The kicker is when they give you the senior discount and you didn’t ask for it.....LOL

Age is simply a number.

AMEN....to that Lynne

I want to make more of our outdoor trees this year.......and have suggested we have small lit trees up the sides of the driveway......Tom said it`ll look like a runway......lol

That would be pretty.

I haven`t seen my family in so long now.......it was supposed to have been March for birthdays and Mother`s Day......but obviously we cancelled just before the rest of the world went to Hell and back.....so I`m keen to hear when they will allow us to travel back to Scotland.......

It has been hard.....just think of all the celebrations you will be able to have when you all get back together.

Keisha.... sprinkling lots of mummy dust your way as you prepare for your surgery.

Mac......hope the Georgia sun ☀ is shining on you today.

Sun is shinning this morning. Storm came through yesterday cooled thing things down slightly. 84 is the high for today, then back up into the 90’s for remains of the week.

Have a few errands today.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter