Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

Hey everyone! I actually do have updates on this trip report ready to go! But first - a little life update :)

Since we’ve now made it official on social media, I figure it’s time to let everyone here know what’s been going on with us :) I’ve been so MIA from the boards because I’m over 19 weeks pregnant! We had a difficult first trimester with a lot of doctor appointments (and I was exhausted all the time) but the second trimester has been great so far! I worked 6 days/week for most of November/December - which didn’t leave me much time for anything besides appointments and baby prep (I’m a planner who likes sales - I took advantage of Black Friday and Boxing Day and already have the crib, monitor, stroller and car seat as well as various other small items).

And here's a picture from Christmas Day with my 18 week bump :)

141671EA-39A6-4C68-99A9-ACBC219AC8FC.jpeg

Congratulations Fallon!!!! That's so exciting. Joe and I couldn't be happier for you and Luke!!!!! You are the cutest preggers woman EVER!!!!

January 2, 2018 - Part Three

After our Tree of Life photoshoot, we decided we could use something warm – so we headed over to Flame Tree BBQ. We made a new friend while we were sitting there – even though we refused to share our fries with him. Birds freak me out a bit, so this was terrifying to me haha –

IMG_9466.jpg

After warming up with our coffee and hot chocolate, we made our way over to Africa for our third Fastpass of the day – Kilimanjaro Safaris! Enjoy my obligatory multitude of safari pictures – it’s basically a must-do in any trip report, right?

D18EF941-EC3B-44E8-AF87-D9CF29301AA3.jpeg
  • IMG_9470.jpg
  • IMG_9472.jpg
  • IMG_9474.jpg
  • IMG_9480.jpg
  • IMG_9483.jpg
  • IMG_9486.jpg
  • IMG_9492.jpg
  • IMG_9493.jpg
After our bumpy ride through Africa, we decided to check out the Gorilla Falls walking trail.

IMG_9496.jpg

Luke is a big fan of the naked mole rats haha – mainly because of the episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine where Gina wears the naked mole rat sweater –

IMG_9498.jpg

I really enjoy the walking trails at Animal Kingdom. It’s a great, leisurely way to see more animals up close. The park was also crazy busy – it was one of the busiest times of the year at Disney so it wasn’t a huge surprise to us – but the walking trail was a great way to get away from shoulder to shoulder people for a bit while checking out some more animals.

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

Earlier in the day, we had saw a Timon meet-and-greet but the line was really long. We had checked the times and knew he was currently on a break, but would be coming out soon so we headed over and got into the very short line. We didn’t have much of a wait at all before it was our turn. I love the joy on Luke’s face when he realized we were next (and also the point he realized the Photopass photographer was facing us – but he didn’t bother telling me to pose….)

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407657402504.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407657402506.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407657402508.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407657402511.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407657402513.jpg

We had nowhere in particular to be; we had already used our three Fastpasses for the day, and we had grabbed a fourth one for Rivers of Light for that night. So we began just wandering around the busy park, and stopping at any Photopass photographer we saw that didn’t have too long of a line.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_412372890808.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407652552735.jpg

I think Luke was trying to tickle me – and I was believe I was punching him. True love, am I right?

I’m including this one because it makes me laugh – I think the photopass photographer might need a bit more training since we were clearly standing still here hahaha

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407652552731.jpg

We eventually found ourselves in Dinoland, and found a Photopass photographer with more props!

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516334.jpg

• PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516336.jpg
  • PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516340.jpg
  • PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516344.jpg
  • PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516347.jpg
  • PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653516349.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407653464751.jpg

January 2, 2018 - Part Four

After our Dinoland photoshoot, we decided we wanted to sit down for a bit, so we headed over to check out Nomad Lounge, which we loved!

While we were sitting down, eating and resting, we checked the app and decided to check out a show we’d never watched before – The Finding Nemo show. We took our time at Nomad Lounge, and made our way over and made it into the show. We arrived about fifteen minutes before the show started, so obviously our seats weren’t the greatest – but we were inside and that’s all we cared about!

AC473C75-46DC-4EBB-A505-95496865109A.jpeg

E6FF8BD9-20C6-4CB0-AE62-DD1BB23C3F31.jpeg

00BE4F22-6BFE-48F2-A28A-A1EF2A10E56D.jpeg

The show was really cute! Festival of the Lion King is still my favourite show at Animal Kingdom, but I can’t believe it took us until our third trip to actually go see Nemo – we’ll definitely go see this again (although that didn’t happen on trip #4 or trip #5….)

After the show let out, we still had quite a bit of time before the first showing of Rivers of Light (which we had managed to grab as a fourth fastpass after using up our initial three) – so we decided to put on even more steps and walk all the way back over to the other side of the park so we could hit up Starbucks. As I mentioned earlier, it was a really cold day, and apparently everyone wanted something hot to drink – it was a really long line. But, since we had nothing but time, we got into line and waited over 20 minutes before ordering a coffee for Luke, and a hot chocolate for me. We collected our drinks, and found a table in a quiet spot in Africa to just sit down and enjoy the warmth of our beverages. I love that Starbucks has special cups just for the Disney Parks <3

B5637C96-0837-4561-8660-F536E3A26714-e1577850077713.jpeg

After warming up a bit, we once again headed back across the park to get into the amphitheater for Rivers of Light. It was our first time seeing the show, it didn’t even exist on our previous trip.

BDE5DE71-5187-43C1-90D0-DD040D927DC5.jpeg
  • 3BF036AF-E54C-4759-A50D-FD1083CD195B.jpeg
  • CD5B4896-368C-4D41-9975-B4C87543951B.jpeg
  • C6E8CD14-D01F-41A1-BB02-23892F3793B2.jpeg
E73F65EA-C00C-4EF7-8413-933C0567A84C-e1577850109613.jpeg

The show was…ok. It wasn’t terrible, but it was a bit boring – I was also tired from the crowds and being cold all day so my opinion isn’t always the best to go by. The show was visually beautiful though!

Since it was now dark outside, we decided we had to go see Pandora at night! It was just so cool! I love what they’ve done with that area so much.

EBE77D9B-3AD9-437F-9433-811EC66066DC.jpeg

B7141AAD-C16B-4F90-AAEE-204EAF217EB6.jpeg

54B8C55E-B1DF-46C0-B532-20CED8860BD5.jpeg

D54C96B4-BA0D-412E-9BC0-C8F7F209B2C9-e1577850124600.jpeg

At this point, it was time for us to leave the park. But of course we didn’t head to our hotel – instead we jumped on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus and got off at Kidani House. We had a late dinner reservation at Saana <3.

We called an Uber after our meal, and headed to our third and final hotel of the trip, our home for the next 11 nights – Old Key West! We were tired, it was late and I did not take any pictures before we crashed for the night, but we were actually in the exact same building we’d been in the year before – Building 35 in the Turtle Pond section of the resort.​

Total Fitbit Steps for the Day: 18,737

Congrats on the upcoming new addition! I hope you’re feeling good! I love that you got so much baby stuff on sale - that stuff can get so expensive, so it’s nice to be able to save .

I’m terrified of birds, so I would have freaked out if that bird was that close to me.

I love your safari and Gorilla Falls trail pictures!

Your pictures of Pandora at night make it look so beautiful. I’ve been to Disney twice since Pandora opened and still haven’t been there at night. Oops. I should probably do that at some point.

I do believe this will be the 3rd time I'm telling you congratulations...
But it's such a big and wonderful news that I think my thrice congrats are in order. :)
Birds freak me out a bit, so this was terrifying to me haha –
:laughing:
Enjoy my obligatory multitude of safari pictures – it’s basically a must-do in any trip report, right?
::yes::
Kelly's tree!
That's a great shot of them! I didn't even know there was more than one!
:lmao:
I love the joy on Luke’s face when he realized we were next
Love that shot! :)
But this is my favourite shot of you guys. :goodvibes
I’m including this one because it makes me laugh – I think the photopass photographer might need a bit more training since we were clearly standing still here hahaha

:laughing: Maybe he sneezed???
Like this one too. :)
The show was really cute! Festival of the Lion King is still my favourite show at Animal Kingdom, but I can’t believe it took us until our third trip to actually go see Nemo
It's a cute show. :)
waited over 20 minutes before ordering a coffee for Luke, and a hot chocolate for me.
eep! Long time to wait just for a hot drink... but guess options are limited.
The show was…ok. It wasn’t terrible, but it was a bit boring
Yeah... that's a pretty accurate description of it.
Since it was now dark outside, we decided we had to go see Pandora at night! It was just so cool! I love what they’ve done with that area so much.
::yes:: One of Disney's better efforts.

Congratulations!
I still haven’t seen the Nemo show. Every year I say I am and either I don’t want to use a fast pass or the line is too long when I walk by. One day I will get there.

Congrats! Have loved following along on your reports. I'm about 38 weeks along myself and so looking forward to sharing my love of Disney with the next generation! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Congratulations! I saw your post on social media and was like wait a minute...wasn't I reading a trip report from her. LOL. Now i'm all caught up. I have to tell you, you are precious!! I wish I was that cute pregnant.

Congrats, Fallon and Luke!! :) Such happy news!!

I had to laugh at some of your PP photos. Some were downright funny! (the blurry one). A lot of them were so candid!! :)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the baby! We are both very excited! I will get back to this report ASAP - but today is our two year wedding anniversary (eek, two years and I’m only a few days in to the trip report for our 14 day trip...). I’m still a bit away from our actual wedding day in this report, so enjoy a few pictures from our day :)

I haven't forgotten about you.... I will send you your info soon, promise!

Hilarious!!! What was this PP doing?

I think Luke was trying to tickle me – and I was believe I was punching him. True love, am I right?
True Love, for sure.

Congrats on the upcoming new addition! I hope you’re feeling good! I love that you got so much baby stuff on sale - that stuff can get so expensive, so it’s nice to be able to save .

Thank you! And yes - I had no idea how expensive baby stuff is! Facebook Marketplace has been my best friend lately - $30 for a high chair in perfect condition? Done!

I’m terrified of birds, so I would have freaked out if that bird was that close to me.

I'm also scared of birds, I was freaking out inside the entire time!

I love your safari and Gorilla Falls trail pictures!

Thank you!

Your pictures of Pandora at night make it look so beautiful. I’ve been to Disney twice since Pandora opened and still haven’t been there at night. Oops. I should probably do that at some point.

It's so beautiful! I haven't made it back there at night in the two trips I've taken since January 2018, but I know I'll get back at some point.

I do believe this will be the 3rd time I'm telling you congratulations...
But it's such a big and wonderful news that I think my thrice congrats are in order. :)

Thank you! We're very excited!

Kelly's tree!

Hahaha, it sure is!

Love that shot! :)

Me too!

But this is my favourite shot of you guys. :goodvibes

Hahaha, that one makes me laugh every time.

:laughing: Maybe he sneezed???

:rotfl:

Like this one too. :)

I haven't seen many other people post pictures with those props from Dinoland, I thought it was super cute!

It's a cute show. :)

It was cute! I'm sure we'll be back to see it again once we're doing Disney trips with a little one.

eep! Long time to wait just for a hot drink... but guess options are limited.

Luckily we had no other plans for the day, and it allowed us to stand inside a building for 20 minutes instead of out in the cold haha.

Yeah... that's a pretty accurate description of it.

I really wanted to like it, but I was really underwhelmed by it...

::yes:: One of Disney's better efforts.

Agreed!

Congratulations!

Thank you!

I still haven’t seen the Nemo show. Every year I say I am and either I don’t want to use a fast pass or the line is too long when I walk by. One day I will get there.

It was cute and I'm definitely glad we finally found the time to check it out!

Congrats! Have loved following along on your reports. I'm about 38 weeks along myself and so looking forward to sharing my love of Disney with the next generation! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Congratulations to you as well!

Congratulations! I saw your post on social media and was like wait a minute...wasn't I reading a trip report from her. LOL. Now i'm all caught up. I have to tell you, you are precious!! I wish I was that cute pregnant.

Thank you so much!

Congrats, Fallon and Luke!! :) Such happy news!!

Thank you Liesa!

I had to laugh at some of your PP photos. Some were downright funny! (the blurry one). A lot of them were so candid!! :)

I love the candid ones the most! So much more fun than the posed ones!

Congrats on your baby news!! :love:

Thank you!

I haven't forgotten about you.... I will send you your info soon, promise!

No worries! Whenever you get to it :)

Hilarious!!! What was this PP doing?

Hahaha, I really have no idea! I had to include it in my trip report though, it made me laugh!

True Love, for sure.

:rotfl:

Just lovely!!!

Thank you!

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more. I love the pop of color from the balloons in the wedding photo.

Thank you! I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the decorations, so the balloons were a great way to keep costs low while adding colour and adding to our slight Up theme.

Anyone remember this trip report? :scared: The trip itself happened over 3 years ago, and I haven't even updated anything in over a year - but I'm still going to try and finish it, even if it's just for myself! Hopefully some of you are still interested...

January 3, 2018 - Part One

After our first night in our room at Old Key West (our home for 11 nights!) – we slept in a bit. But, we’re at Disney, so sleeping in just meant we were up by 8am instead of 6:30am haha. We got ready for the day, and then called an Uber to take us to Fort Wilderness for our breakfast reservation at Trail’s End. The ride there turned into quite the journey – the Uber driver had no idea where he was going, and managed to get extremely lost inside the campground. You can read about our meal over on my dining report by clicking here :)

After our breakfast, we caught an internal bus back to the main building, where we hopped on a bus heading for the Marathon Weekend Race Expo. We arrived at the ESPN Wide World of Sports, and headed off to pick up our race kits (5k for both of us, and a full marathon for Luke!). It didn’t take long before we had our race bibs in hand. We walked around the Expo itself, checking out a few booths. One spot was handing out boxes of instant potatoes, and this was the funniest thing in the world to me – see picture below hahahaha. I don’t know why I got such a kick out of this. We wanted to check out the merchandise, but the line was absolutely insane – it would have taken hours just to get into the building. We were a little disappointed, but we figured we’d be able to rearrange our schedule and get back there the next day. We decided to head out, and stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

724FB42F-3DF3-4581-AE4F-9B2A7D92C6BF.jpeg

• AF8D6E82-A964-41CF-A325-8582EEFDC121.jpeg
  • 1ACEB9C3-2743-43DD-A1AC-B5D665EBDB7F.jpeg
19E6375A-6F49-481A-9533-F50A26AEB207-e1605561653397.jpeg

We headed back to OKW to drop off our stuff and freshen up a bit, before heading out to Epcot for the rest of the day.

• 64410369-8764-4990-A776-1F268C6975DA.jpeg
  • 83D4C20E-DE0E-4F65-A401-463443795DDF-e1605561682648.jpeg
Before long, we saw this wonderful sight <3. We both love Epcot, and this was our first time getting to that park during this trip (but it would be far from our last over the next two weeks!)

AE6ADE7D-F7C8-4F62-A165-0D646844A83C.jpeg

We didn’t spend too much time taking pictures, we were already in our window for our first Fastpass so we headed straight to Norway for a trip to Arendelle. We were in the back row, so the border for the on-ride photo cut off half of my face haha –

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_413223127036.jpeg

IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_9611.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

We walked through World Showcase, stopping in Germany to grab some treats from Karamel Kuche before exiting the park at the International Gateway (yep, we’d only been at Epcot for about an hour by this point haha). Initially, we had a second Fastpass for Mission Space but we just didn’t feel like walking all the way over there, then back again so we dropped it. We still had a third Fastpass planned for the evening, and we were definitely keeping that one as it included an exciting meet-up!

After leaving through International Gateway, we walked over to the Yacht Club. They had this amazing Mickey Village set up for Christmas, so I really enjoyed checking that out for a bit.

IMG_9615.jpg

I actually own a few pieces of the Mickey village, including the tree house and the street lights (that actually light up!) from the next picture –

IMG_9616.jpg

I also own the ceramic tree with the gold ears that you can see in the next picture –

IMG_9617.jpg

I thought the Frozen scene was really cute, I’ve never seen those pieces for sale before –

IMG_9618.jpg

They also had a regular, non-Disney Christmas village set up. My grandmother, who I was very close to and who had passed away in March 2017 had this incredible Christmas village when I was growing up. She had so many pieces for it that she displayed it on a piece of plywood in her living room – it wouldn’t fit on the mantle or coffee table. I actually have her village packed away in Rubbermaid totes in my basement, it means a lot to me. So, I stood there staring at this village set-up for a long time, thinking about her and remembering her since I had just celebrated my first Christmas without her. It was actually a really nice moment <3

IMG_9619.jpg

You would be correct in assuming I took pictures of the Christmas tree and other decor in the Yacht Club lobby haha –

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, this was such a sweet update!! I lost my Grandma in 2016, so the end of this update had me a little teary, too. Hopefully you'll be able to display some of her village and create memories of it for Jocelyn, too. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter