Something fun to do for solo traveler at Disney Springs/Boardwalk.....suggestions?

brad813

DIS Veteran
I have a evening, maybe two in which I will have enough spare time to explore Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. Is there anything anyone would suggest doing for an evening at either DS or the Boardwalk? I know my Hollywood Studios day I will get out in time, and maybe my arrival day(if I am not too tired).

When I was solo in January, I went up to the bar at the top of the Coca-Cola store and got a drink a people-watched from the roof, and then I met up with some friends for dinner. After dinner, there was a lot of outdoor entertainment going on around DS that was interesting. I was only solo for about 45 minutes, but I imagine it would have been just as nice to wander around DS and listen to the entertainment by myself.

When I was solo in January, I went up to the bar at the top of the Coca-Cola store and got a drink a people-watched from the roof, and then I met up with some friends for dinner. After dinner, there was a lot of outdoor entertainment going on around DS that was interesting. I was only solo for about 45 minutes, but I imagine it would have been just as nice to wander around DS and listen to the entertainment by myself.

I usually travel solo, but only have time two evenings over a 5 night trip. Gotta make the most of it.

I just wander through DS and if I see something I want to try, I just go for it - like HoB or the bar at the Coca-Cola store. Have you done Cirque du Soleil? I haven't done it yet, but there is also Splitsville for some bowling and the food is supposed to be very good there as well.

I just wander through DS and if I see something I want to try, I just go for it - like HoB or the bar at the Coca-Cola store. Have you done Cirque du Soleil? I haven't done it yet, but there is also Splitsville for some bowling and the food is supposed to be very good there as well.

I don't think Cirque will fit in due to timing issues(on 9/25 I get there around 9:15 or 9:30).

Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk! It's a dueling piano bar and so so much fun!

I can't speak for the Boardwalk, but Disney Springs has a lot going on to just wander through. People watching, window (or actual) shopping, drinks, food, street entertainment, etc. There's a movie theater if you'd like to catch a film. It's quite large, so I would look at a map & see if anything appeals to you. I liked just wandering around. (Granted, I was often with my husband, but it would have been interesting either way.) I think bowling alone would be a touch awkward, but everything else is fair game! DS was one of the largest selling points for a return trip for us. We stay in Port Orleans & take the boats.

I can't speak for the Boardwalk, but Disney Springs has a lot going on to just wander through. People watching, window (or actual) shopping, drinks, food, street entertainment, etc. There's a movie theater if you'd like to catch a film. It's quite large, so I would look at a map & see if anything appeals to you. I liked just wandering around. (Granted, I was often with my husband, but it would have been interesting either way.) I think bowling alone would be a touch awkward, but everything else is fair game! DS was one of the largest selling points for a return trip for us. We stay in Port Orleans & take the boats.

Not as awkward so much as just not as fun. I've bowled on my own before to pass an hour, but that was early in the day at a local bowling alley. Still, not my favorite thing to do. I was thinking a late dinner somewhere and then something else, since I would ve doing the SW Dessert Party between lunch and dinner.

Not as awkward so much as just not as fun. I've bowled on my own before to pass an hour, but that was early in the day at a local bowling alley. Still, not my favorite thing to do. I was thinking a late dinner somewhere and then something else, since I would ve doing the SW Dessert Party between lunch and dinner.

There's lots of great food options, and you could grab a drink after or walk around. Spending a few hours there isn't too hard. :)

There's lots of great food options, and you could grab a drink after or walk around. Spending a few hours there isn't too hard. :)

Thinking Paradiso 37(They have Colombian and I miss Colombian food(and the women, but that's a bit off topic)), or Bongo's. If I opt for a movie at the AMC though, I would just eat there, but I am not sure I would make a movie(just realized how funny that sounds with my being an aspiring filmmaker).

It's been a few years since I've been there so I haven't experienced the Disney Springs redo yet. I have looked into what's offered now and if it where me, I would have to stop at the Coca-Cola Store and check out the area upstairs. Maybe sit and people watch for a bit. Then I'd head for a meal at one of the of new restaurants near the water for dinner with a view. Maybe some shopping ( totally my thing ) and maybe a boat ride to POR to close out a perfect evening.

It's been a few years since I've been there so I haven't experienced the Disney Springs redo yet. I have looked into what's offered now and if it where me, I would have to stop at the Coca-Cola Store and check out the area upstairs. Maybe sit and people watch for a bit. Then I'd head for a meal at one of the of new restaurants near the water for dinner with a view. Maybe some shopping ( totally my thing ) and maybe a boat ride to POR to close out a perfect evening.

I won't get there until around 9pm, so I will have to take that into account, but unless I opt for a movie, I will probably get dinner first. I don't really need to be up too early the next day, so I will be ok to stay out late.

I recently had dim sum at the bar at Morimoto Asia and had a blast. The bartenders are awesome and really friendly, and they have some great, unique cocktails. I told the bartender I was a big fan of Grand Marnier, and he gave me a free shot of a special bottle they had. Super fun!

I have a evening, maybe two in which I will have enough spare time to explore Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. Is there anything anyone would suggest doing for an evening at either DS or the Boardwalk? I know my Hollywood Studios day I will get out in time, and maybe my arrival day(if I am not too tired).

The Big Balloon ride is beautiful at night at DS... and lots of nighttime live musical entertainment.

Maybe it's because I'm female - and not really into nightlife - but I don't like Boardwalk solo. Maybe if I were younger and single - but I'm over 40 and half of a couple.

Disney Spring - I've done that later in the evening to occupy myself. I typically get dinner there. I've done a TS meal - and then gotten dessert from one of the stands and people watched. I've also just gotten quick food at one of the stands for dinner and the people watched. I did hang out at the Coca-Cola bar for an hour the last time I was there. They have a fun collection of alcoholic drinks - so I ordered one and sat around for bit. That wasn't planned - it was pouring rain and I had no umbrella! Sometimes there's live music being performed at DS in the evening - and I've gotten a drink and found a seat close by. I love the cupcakes at Sprinkles - so I've ordered one of those and taken my time devouring it. The first time I went after it had been re-done - I did alot of picture taking. And I've browsed shops - but I don't really do much Disney shopping anymore - but I still like to look.

Maybe it's because I'm female - and not really into nightlife - but I don't like Boardwalk solo. Maybe if I were younger and single - but I'm over 40 and half of a couple.

Disney Spring - I've done that later in the evening to occupy myself. I typically get dinner there. I've done a TS meal - and then gotten dessert from one of the stands and people watched. I've also just gotten quick food at one of the stands for dinner and the people watched. I did hang out at the Coca-Cola bar for an hour the last time I was there. They have a fun collection of alcoholic drinks - so I ordered one and sat around for bit. That wasn't planned - it was pouring rain and I had no umbrella! Sometimes there's live music being performed at DS in the evening - and I've gotten a drink and found a seat close by. I love the cupcakes at Sprinkles - so I've ordered one of those and taken my time devouring it. The first time I went after it had been re-done - I did alot of picture taking. And I've browsed shops - but I don't really do much Disney shopping anymore - but I still like to look.

Women certainly have to worry more. These days, I don't do the club thing much, haven't since my 20s, and won't go into them unless with friends or for work(actor and musician so it's possible). Typically, I like piano bars, karaoke bars, and ethnic type places these days, such as salsa clubs or a middle eastern type lounge. Basically, low key stuff. My party days are well behind me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts