Something I found at thrillride.com

Spaceman Spiff

one by one, cleaning the universal boards of riff-
Just wondering what you guys think about all these supposed attractions for WDW. Does anyone know how reliable of a source thrillride.com is?

I think a lot of it is a bunch of horse poo-poo, but then what do I know. :earsboy:

Plenty of Disney/Florida news this week, starting with a hint that the park's long-planned "Beastly Kingdom" section might see the light of day sooner than later:

I just came back from Disney's Animal Kingdom and I am able to report 2 coasters are going up in Dino Land. I asked one of the clerks at a shop (inside Dino land ) and she said Spring 2002. The 2 coasters will be dueling steel coasters going up next to the Tarzan Rocks show. She also said 6 other rides including a flying dino ride (like Dumbo) in addition a carnival midway. While this clerk was on a roll I asked if there was anything else that I should know, she smiled and said that work will be starting on the area they were supposed to have had when the park opened? For the most part, most of the action was in Dino area 1-fencing up 2-Land cleared 3-Signs on the fence. Clerk said coasters were B & M non-inverted.

Must interject here: the two Spring 2002 Dino Land coasters are those Primeval Whirl Spinning Mouse machines... so either this "clerk" was misinformed or she was talking about the new section's coasters when referring to B&M.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ol' Timekeeper is just about to bite the dust:

I saw a mention of it on your most recent updates page, but I wanted to add confirmation that the "Timekeeper" attraction at Disney's Magic Kingdom is shutting down as of April 29th. No word on what's going to replace it.

And, as many of us no doubt suspected, a Vekoma coaster on Tom Sawyer Island (mentioned last week as a remote possibility) would be a break from tradition:

...as for that coaster on Tom Sawyer Island. Imagineers would never do that since the tracks would be shooting out over the water where all attractions and bystanders can see them. Imagineers ALWAYS keep that from happening by putting rides in buildings and other areas outside of view.

I hadn't realized this was a source of confusion, but...

I think I should try to clear up some of the confusion regarding the Fantasyland Skyway station in Disney World. It seems everyone believes this Chalet Lucerne restaurant rumor, but it's not true. Management is looking to create a new gift shop in the building, but they're apparently in no hurry to complete it, as the project is not on tap for any time this fiscal year. So there it sits.

Now there was talk just a few months ago about the *Tomorrowland* Skyway station becoming a Mexican restaurant. I'm told it would be sort of a retro futuristic nod to the "Tex-Mex future" theme that dominated Tomorrowland in the 1970s (If You Had Wings, parts of the WEDWay Peoplemover, the Contemporary, etc.).

When I left WDI a month ago, I hadn't heard anything more about the Tomorrowland restaurant, but I'm thinking they'll go through with it eventually, probably if they put the new Caribbean style soundtrack on Space Mountain like they wanted to.

Caribbean style soundtrack?! What's up with that? ;)

Indian Jones Temple Ride will soon be at MGM. They are putting it by the show.

At Magic Kingdom the TTA in Tommorowland will be get new cars.

Honestly, I don't think Disney is the place for roller coasters. If I wanted to ride roller coasters (and I love them) I would go to Cedar Point in Ohio.

Rollercoasters are to Disney what MTV is to Television.

Gosh I feel old...:(

I don't think the answer to AK's attraction problems is to throw a few coasters in there. Disney's parks were different from the thrill parks like six flags with all their rollercoasters. Like you said, that rumor is a bunvh of horse poo poo ;)

From my limited observations I would say that thrillride is a reasonable source (25% accurate?) when it comes to non-Disney parks.

It seems that many non-Disney park managers are more accessable to the public, and a little more willing to brag about future events. Disney has a strong corporate policy regarding rumors and the people making the decisions are not in contact with the public all that much. Plus, many of the rumors come from city zoning meetings (height variances from a new ride), or from the manufacturers themselves. Again something less common for Disney.

Most of the rumors about Disney and Universal I read on thrillride I've often already heard on this board first. New ones seem to be the of the very unlikely variety. But hey it's still fun to read them.

The First Rule of Disney Rumor Analysis:

Do not believe any rumor that starts with "a cast member told me..."

Having been on both side of the corporate information gap, park cast members are the absolute last people to know what is being planned in the dark corridors of the Team Disney buildings. Even offical, internal publications do not publish more than has been made public.

Originally posted by toefungus
I don't think the answer to AK's attraction problems is to throw a few coasters in there.

Why does everyone keep saying that AK has problems? Am I the only one who finds the sheer artistic grandeur of it all amazing?

:(

Robin

...people keep saying AK has problems because its attendance numbers, uniquely among WDW parks, decreased last year. In press releases, Disney has referenced their own guest survey results that suggest most people think that Animal Kingdom is less than a full day park.

There is a subset of folks who complained loudly back when AK's budget was being repeatedly cut and more and more announced "Opening Day" attractions were moved to "Phase II." To those folks, the news of AK's less-than-projected results are a real "Well, DUH" moment.

I agree that much of Animal Kingdom is very well done. There's just not that much of Animal Kingdom, period, sez the guests.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff...I was just having a moment...:D I just get frustrated...but then again, I'm an artist...so I see that stuff...I can imagine it means next to nothing to a lot of people...

Have good night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter