Something I'm missing??? Booking HRH through 3rd Party...

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
It is significantly less for me to book a stay at HRH Orlando by going through tripadvisor, among other sites. Is there something I'm missing by going through a 3rd party? Will I still get EP's for my entire stay? I'm surprised at how much less it is. And also - Is there a ticket window/kiosk that I could buy Seasonal AP's the morning I arrive or is it best to buy them upfront from Universal online (or is there a better place?) - TIA!!

ETA - I could get a Club Level room for less than the price on Universal's website. I know there might be an AP discount before I go but I'm not familiar with those either... and 3rd party also offers free cancellation...

Anyone? Would love to book a back up and want to make sure a 3rd party is ok to yo with,,,

I was just researching the same - as I found exactly what you did (3rd party rates are significantly less for our dates) - and read what Welsh_Dragon posted.

Usually when its cheaper to book through a third party its because they have a deal or room block with the third party. When those rooms are sold/booked up, that's the end of that rate. To my knowledge, there's no downside to booking that rate if their cancellation policy is the same - just make sure it is. Also, you'd have to work with the third party for any further reservation changes or cancellations. You would not be able to call Universal directly for it.

You used to be able to buy tickets from the concierge at the premier hotels, but I'm not sure if its still offered. I've also purchased tickets from the Guest Services window outside Universal. When walking from HRH, its immediately to the right after security. You can also buy them in advance online. Makes no difference.

If you end up finding an APH rate and want to book that, you would need to cancel your third party reservation and book a new reservation with Universal under the APH rate. As a note, you don't need to have the AP in advance to book the rate. Its possible they may request you return to the front desk with your AP after you get it so they can verify it for the rate, but I've never actually been asked to do that and its been fine.

I can only think of one concern:

I was going to go through a third party for the same reason but changed my mind. If there is another shutdown, you must go through the third-party vendor to get a refund. If that 3rd party vendor is a small business, they could declare bankrupt and you are out of luck. If you book through Universal, you are guaranteed your refund. Call them direct. I did and they were a whole 3 cents higher than the 3rd party vendor over the phone. I hope this helps, Either way, I hope you have a great trip.

If, after you look at all the booking options, the 3rd party is still the best deal for you, rest assured you'll have access to the EP. You will simply present your room key at the ride. There aren't different keys for different booking methods; your room key at HRH is the same as any other room key at HRH.

I have booked Universal hotels through PricelineExpress (opaque) and still received all the perks, including Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter