Something odd...

She must be trying to tell him something!!

We have a central vac in our house. The waste receptacle is in the basement. While I was down there one day the dang thing kept turning on then going off for no reason. That never happens, you have to put a hose in one of the outlets for it to turn on.

Well I just knew it was someone from above trying to warn me about something, but what? I looked all around the basement. You know what it was? We have this little hose from our furnace that goes in this pipe that carries the water out of the unit. Well the hose from the unit into the pipe was disconnect (someone must've bumped it) and the rug was all wet from it. It must've been disconnected a while cause the rug was soaked. I don't know how big of an area but kinda big, think of those dorm room rugs. I had to take it up and bring outside to dry.

Someone, I think my deceased mom, was warning me to look around by turning that central vac on and off. When I was growing up we had issues with our sump pump overflowing and flooding our basement, my mom always worried about that happening all the time.

Yesterday, my husband got a blank text from his grandmother’s old phone number. She passed away about 8 years ago. He called the number and it says it is disconnected. Kinda freaky! Has ans to see if they can get someone to "bite". After a relative died suddenly received "notices" from their old address.

Sorry, computer acted up. Spammers use software to send out messages under false numbers. Try to trick people to answer. When they respond, they know they have live account.

Actually I did have something weird like this happen to me before.

A few years ago my aunt died at a fairly young age, her husband died unexpectedly 2 days after she passed. It was obviously devastating, especially for their kids. Any how, a cousin who was on my FB sent me a private message that said "aunt linda" I said what about her?? He responded with a bunch of ???? and "what about who??" I said why did you send me a message that said aunt linda, he says I didn't I sent you a smiley emoji. He screenshot his message to me it clearly shows his smiley emoji with my message immediately following saying "what about her??"....I sent him my screen shot which doesn't show a smiley emoji but says aunt linda.

Needless to say we were both pretty freaked out. I never could find an explanation for that.

Yesterday, my husband got a blank text from his grandmother’s old phone number. She passed away about 8 years ago. He called the number and it says it is disconnected. Kinda freaky! Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Are the first 6 numbers the same for the phone that got the call and the phone # the call came from? If so, I'm thinking it's the scenario a PP noted:

Sorry, computer acted up. Spammers use software to send out messages under false numbers. Try to trick people to answer. When they respond, they know they have live account.

My Mother maintained that my Grandmother called her for years after she died. The phone would ring and there'd be static when she picked up but she always claimed she could faintly hear my Grandmother. This was before cellphones and caller id so who knows. Same Grandmother's picture would fall off the wall whenever we'd say something negative about her and a dish of hers once pushed a dish that had belonged to my other Grandmother out of the china cabinet (cabinet had belonged to the Grandmother being discussed, my Grandmothers hated each other).

On a non-grandma note, I had a dream a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to Lucy, our current dog, when I realized there was another dog sitting next to her. For whatever reason, I couldn't look directly at the other dog but I could touch her and realized it was our first dog who had passed away in October - we got Lucy about a month later so they never met. Anyway, I hugged her and told her how much I missed her and I was glad she came to visit, she and Lucy "communed" a bit more, then I woke up. When I let Lucy out that morning, she came running up to me a few minutes later with a turtle shell that the other dog had loved to carry around the yard. I hadn't seen it since she died and had completely forgotten about it until then. I firmly believe that part of the conversation was the older dog telling her where to find her "treasure."

My grandmother used to call my mum without fail every Sunday night about 15 minutes into the Sunday night movie on tv. My mum used to hate it because she would just start to get into the movie and then would miss the important bits.

The first Sunday evening after my grandmother died Sleepless in Seattle was playing on tv. About 15 minutes in the phone rang. My mum answered but nobody was there. She is certain that it was a phone call from her mother.

I used to be afraid of ghosts, but now I love these positive stories. I’m reconnecting with my faith right now, and this reinforces my belief that there is something after.

I'm an atheist but I have to admit what happened with my aunts name does leave me scratching my head.

I think things like this happen all the time, IF people take notice of them. Won't be a big billboard sign, but subtle things.
But most people won't talk about it, afraid of ridicule or in denial. Just MHO:)

I agree. Things like this happen to me all the time. I pause for a minute and think about the person and move on.

My mom had dementia and didn’t know any of us for a long time. My son brought his girlfriend with him to visit her. Out of the blue mom called her a name that we didn’t even know she knew. We all apologized to her, but it made for an uncomfortable situation.

Fast forward mom has died and I had her ashes in our living room. My son comes home devastated that his girlfriend had done something to prove my mom right about her. First thing he did when he came in the house was grab the ashes and tell my mom how right she was.

Hey Pea n Me mentioned this book on another thread, When God Winks, I just requested it from the library...it's supposed to be about stories like this, loved ones sending you messages and how to open yourself up to be receptive to the signs. Thought I'd mention on this thread because it fits here too :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter