Sometimes I think I make changes, just so I can keep planning.

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We think we have set our final dates. We will be heading to the world 6/7/18. We have not been home since 2015, which feels like decades. We are having serious withdrawals, we talk about Disney every single day. We are Disney Vacation Club Members. There are 4 of us in my family, but somehow there always ends up being more of us on vacation. Besides being a Disney addict, I feel the need to turn others into one as well.

We will be going for 24 days, 4 of them will be spent on the dark side (Universal), since we have a Harry Potter Fan in our midst. The beginning will start with just the 4 of us, me, DH, DD17 and DS15. We will be celebrating both of the kids birthdays, they are June and July birthdays. We will also be celebrating DD's high school graduation. My nephew will be coming down for 2 weeks of the trip and my sister, brother and niece will be coming down 8 days of the trip. It is my brother and niece's first time and she is a June birthday too, so we will be celebrating her 9th birthday as well.

Since we are DVC, I can only book 11 months out at my home resort and 7 months out at my non-home resorts. The plan is as follows if availability allows.
6/7-6/11 - AKL Jambo in a value
6/11-6/13 - AKL Jambo in club level
6/13-6/15 - BLT Standard
6/15-6/19 - Universal
6/19-6/20 - SSR in a treehouse
6/20-6/24 - VWL standard
6/24-6/27 - Poly Standard
6/27-6/30 - VGF standard

We love hotel hopping and do it every trip except for our first trip, this will be our 7th trip.
My sister, brother and niece are staying at one resort, since they do not share the love of being a nomad. The AOA and POR are the ones they are looking at, or possibly renting DVC depending on price.
We are having a meeting in October to review all of our accommodations, dining options, touring plans and fast passes.

By the way, I am a control Freak and love planning. I have a Disney Binder for every trip. I love it and my family loves it, well at least they pretend to. If they don't love it, they definitely appreciate it. We go at busy times and we have gotten every restaurant reservation we have wanted and have never waited in a line for more than 25 minutes (in my defense one the ride broke down and the other was the pirate thing that took the place of Narnia and had no fast pass option.) Anyways I love planning, which might make love for Disney even more because there is o much to plan.

We are buying annual passes for this trip, which will be our first time. We cannot pass up the deal DVC members get right now. We will be going to the parks at least 14 of the days and will be park hopping. We will be eating tons of food and will be adding dining reviews as well. We are so excited and I can't wait to share it with all of you.

We had to change our dates, which were are a little upset about it. They keep changing my daughter's graduation date, so we are avoiding June all together. Our new dates are July 19th - August 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter